It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Time to have China start trouble so the US can claim no need to repay debt.

This might tie into Doc Velocity's thread about his map vision should it escalate.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
what a way to repay our debt to china, with armed nukes! did we mention they were free, and on there way to one mile above the cities?

Our missles probally cost as much as we owe them anyway, and what a better way to see how well they work than up close?

Gee Golly Miss Molly them are some shiny birds with alot of gastritus!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Time to have China start trouble so the US can claim no need to repay debt. This might tie into Doc Velocity's thread about his map vision should it escalate.

I really don't believe we are going to repay that debt. To tell you the truth I am not sure there is actually a real debt. Did they loan us gold or flat fiat paper currency, or dollars they had come across through our own trade with them?

It's rumored Rothschild controls our Federal Reserve Banks and controls China's Reserve banks as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by backyard guru

what a way to repay our debt to china, with armed nukes! did we mention they were free, and on there way to one mile above the cities? Our missles probally cost as much as we owe them anyway, and what a better way to see how well they work than up close? Gee Golly Miss Molly them are some shiny birds with alot of gastritus!

Some people here on ATS believe we caused the earthquake that devastated China's Wal-Mart industrial basin this summer using HARRP.

No one can truly prove it of course, but if true we have been in fact been terrorizing them already about our intention to not repay them.

Between the CIA's botched exercise in Georgia this past summer, and the possibility that the U.S. caused the Earthquake in China about the only people former President Bush had to talk to and enjoy the company of was the girl's volleyball team for the U.S.A.

This is a potentially very disturbing development.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Why send a Submersible recovery ship to the south China Sea? When North Korea launches their new missile test that ship can pull up any rocket boosters or other parts that would drop into the ocean. or possibly shoot down the whole thing and recover it..

Outstanding insight and great job TheIndependentJournal.

That does make very good sense, and could very well be what's going on.

Thanks for the contribution.

You very well could be absolutely right on the money with this.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Right now America is coming out of its denial stage and headed into its anger stage. We can't believe that it is on our doorstep, the chinese just a little while ago crashed the tibetian Monks party, now harrassing our ships. They say that war always comes around and saves the world economy, maybe china just did not add their numbers well with this activity. With a army there size nukes would be the only way to go. So what in this century are they tring to test, our resolve, we might be broke but we have alot of intact military boom boom stuff. IT IS TOTALLY CRAZY AND INSANE TO MESS WITH THE US WHEN WE ARE STUMBLING, WE HAVE A TENDENCY TO OVER REACT.

SADAM DID SWING FROM A ROPE, HITLER DID SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD, NAGASAKI AND HIROSHIMA DID VAPORIZE!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow. Five Pages. No one asked the right question.

The question is - if this is all happening in one area, it is an area controlled by one General. What are the Chinese doing in this area, that they don't want attention for?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Special Mission Programme

Five ocean surveillance ships directly support the Navy by using both passive and active low frequency sonar arrays to detect and track undersea threats.

My guess, they were doing an exercise with one of their boomers and this US spy vessel, operating basically in their backyard (albeit in international waters) probably got a bit close.

I'm sure the US would get as antsy if the Chinese sent a similar vessel and stationed it off Kings Bay in the Atlantic.

People need to think this kind of thing through a bit more I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh my. The US-hate is just rampant on this board. It is so glaring, it blinds.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
First Hilary, during her visit to China, said that economy is more important than human rights. (now Chinese army pours into Tibet for the Anniversary).

Every day there is a headline in the MSM about mistreat women in Saudi Arabia (today it was about a 75 year old women to be given 40 lashes and 4 months in jail because Saudi RELIGIOUS POLICE found her with two unrelated men in her house). Yesterday was about a woman arrested for driving a car! The day before, I can't even remember, but something utterly stupid...

Now the "rude" Chinese mooning American ship.

This is clearly preparing positive angry reaction from people for some dire events.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Given that about 80% of the board posts are made by people from the continental United States...thats kind of a damning thing to be coming out with, don't you think? And hardly constructive to the conversation.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Sorry for the inaccurate (AIM-54) missile reference there Chairman Mao, perhaps you would prefer AIM-120D's or perhaps RIM-156A's and I'm sure a few RIM 162D's could be scrounged to season the pot.

And as I side note, I would like to issue a personal "Thank You" to China for taking on both a sizable portion of our national debt as well as building it's enormous stake (www.telegraph.co.uk...) in the stock market of the United States. I am confident that with steadfast partners like China, we will weather these tumultuous economic times.

an official from the China Banking Regulatory Committee said that State Administration of Foreign Exchange had little idea of how to make overseas investments, and lacks a proper team of analysts and stock-pickers.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by backyard guru

Right now America is coming out of its denial stage and headed into its anger stage. We can't believe that it is on our doorstep, the chinese just a little while ago crashed the tibetian Monks party, now harrassing our ships. They say that war always comes around and saves the world economy, maybe china just did not add their numbers well with this activity. With a army there size nukes would be the only way to go. So what in this century are they tring to test, our resolve, we might be broke but we have alot of intact military boom boom stuff. IT IS TOTALLY CRAZY AND INSANE TO MESS WITH THE US WHEN WE ARE STUMBLING, WE HAVE A TENDENCY TO OVER REACT.

I hear you. The don't tread on me motto is a good one for all nations to keep in mind when dealing with the U.S.A.

The Banksters sure have blessed America. Kind of sort of.

Are wars though really reactionary acts or well planned, staged and choreographed events?

The media hopped right on this at a time when prudence might dictate trying to cast China in a more amiable light.

It's either setting the stage for something big to come, or as others point out on the thread, us getting a little to comfortable and close for comfort in near their waters when something big in the neighborhood is going down.

Which is it? Can we decimate them? For sure. What's Wal-Mart and it's obscene portion of the domestic retail market and their customers going to do then if we do?

Target?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Given that about 80% of the board posts are made by people from the continental United States...thats kind of a damning thing to be coming out with, don't you think? And hardly constructive to the conversation.

It's a sign of the times I fear. People are loosing faith in everything from government, to corporations to banks and while the government, corporations and banks seem to have no shame, the growing lines of unemployed and those fearing what tomorrow might bring are beginning to become a bit more introspective and self critical. It might just be a good thing too.

I do agree with you about the likelihood this has something to do with something China is testing or possibly North Korea's proposed missile testing.

It's odd that the MSM picked up on it so quick, even before the military news outlets began to spread it.

That's about the only thing I can see so far that is conspiracy worthy.

Thanks for weighing in.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Every day there is a headline in the MSM about mistreat women in Saudi Arabia (today it was about a 75 year old women to be given 40 lashes and 4 months in jail because Saudi RELIGIOUS POLICE found her with two unrelated men in her house). Yesterday was about a woman arrested for driving a car! The day before, I can't even remember, but something utterly stupid... Now the "rude" Chinese mooning American ship. This is clearly preparing positive angry reaction from people for some dire events.

No doubt about it, the war drums have been beating so loudly the neighbors have started calling my landlord mistakenly thinking they are my drums!

Not a song I want to play. The world does seem poised for and on the edge of a total war, in my humble opinion. I keep hoping the opinions and skepticism posted online against it might dissuade the powers that be.

I imagine little ever does when they have their backs up against the wall, their dander up, or smell a fortune in profits to be made.

Slavery has it's drawbacks!

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Aeons

Nope. Just because you live in the USA doesn't mean that you aren't anti-USA/USA government. It is still a form of "USA center of the universe" thinking to HATE the USA for everything that happens in the World, as much as it is to praise it as being the one and only.

I think that the dualistic God/Devil complex about the US Government that US cits have is absolutely germaine to their intrepretation of any event like this. In this case, it is blinding people to questioning CHINA'S motivations which should be an obvious question to ask IF you aren't caught in the Mary/Magdalene complex the USA has going on.

Further, I am not a USA cit. If I, from my point of view from a nation that occassionally gets bullied by the USA government, can see this ridiculous angry blindness that USA cits are bringing to their intrepretation (or lack of it) of global events then perhaps you should pay attention.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
reply to post by Curio

'd like to see them try and harass a carrier group

don't worry , the supersonic russian Tu-22m3 is precisely made for that

Seriously, this is dangerous behavior - neither the US or China wants to start a war over some silly incident like this. Although, I guess spy planes and bombers are always playing similar games in the skies.

call me when you americans pay off your trillion dollar debts to only economic superpower people's republic of china(PRC) .

[edit on 9-3-2009 by sadchild01]

You have never even been near a ship have you?
I agree with the previous poster, I'd like to see them do that to a carrier group, probably the safest place in the entire world is on a U.S. super carrier. The U.S. is the largest manufacturer in the entire world...call me when China's economy no longer consists of making plastic toys, and is mostly dependent on exports to the West. I'm contempt with America, I don't agree with the money they are currently spending, and a lot of other things they are doing; but if China won't buy out debt, someone else will. If The U.S. put up a trade embargo against China, China would be on it's knees begging for the lift. Them holding our debt does not at all make them more powerful than the U.S., Japan, the EU, and tons of nations own our debts. If they stop buying the debt then they will suffer massive losses on it, then all their currency reserves would be worthless. Read up sadchild.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
lets face it... I am sure that this "ocean research vessel" was doing more then just researching the ocean..... I am sure the chinese noticed it was collecting intel on them... and they decided to take action... Imagine a naval chinese research vessel off the coast of florida but in international waters......... you don't think the coast guard and or navy won't interrupt there research? lol we need to stop it with the double standards already... getting seriously sick of it

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe its all a cunning ruse.

Its a good way of getting ships and troops in that vicinity (pre agreed recent deal in china). Just look east a bit and we have Korea.

It would look suspect if the USA sent ships and other tools to the area right now.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What really amazes me is that I would like to believe that the civilian population of all countries do not war, yet our leaders push it on us anyways.

Is it really that hard to perspire to a great nation without conquering?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join