It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes, ProtoplasmicTraveler, Pentagon called the chinese complaints department.

But they were transfered in India, And nobody understood one each other.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Plasma applicator

Meanwhile, When North Korea sets off its bottle rocket The US is going to track it and try to grab it and take it apart.

A very valid and logical observation. It's amazing we can put that kind of priority into a third world, third rate nation's missile systems but can't manage to dissect our own dysfunctional banking and capital markets systems with the same vigor and attention to detail.

Funny world!

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nimrod

Yes, ProtoplasmicTraveler, Pentagon called the chinese complaints department. But they were transfered in India, And nobody understood one each other.

Bravo Nimrod. That's the funniest one yet. I know some people on the thread aren't entirely appreciative of humor but I for one think the person or people who can laugh at and with themselves are the ones closest to sane.

So the world stands on the brink of World War III and another Great World Wide economic Depression. No excuse to not have fun!

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks, I was just speaking from the heart friend.
I have been getting tired of all the gloom and doom around these parts. While relevant to the times we live in and such, as my belief is "we are what we create."

I get enough of that extra-curricular drama at my day-job.

I guess I owe you a round sometime then....

Cheers!
T-

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Nimrod

[Snip]
So the world stands on the brink of World War III and another Great World Wide economic Depression. No excuse to not have fun!

Thanks for the post.

Well, why not?
After all.. we are here for the experience right?

BTTTAH
[back to the topic at hand]

T Minus~

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Interesting. I just saw this air on the evening news (abc) and right after this story was one about Chinese coming and buying up foreclosed homes in America.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Thanks, I was just speaking from the heart friend. I have been getting tired of all the gloom and doom around these parts. While relevant to the times we live in and such, as my belief is "we are what we create." I get enough of that extra-curricular drama at my day-job. I guess I owe you a round sometime then....

Drinks are on me! Personally I try to cherish each moment as one that will never be coming back around again. Sometimes I think everyone thinks that life goes on forever and if they don't get the chance to see what they want to see, be what they want to be, enjoy what they want to be, there is a reset button somewhere that gives you a do over on it all some day.

Live with gusto, savior each and every moment like it might be your last...because if some of these war mongers had their druthers it would be!

Last one in the pool is a rotten egg!

Chinese are welcome too but keep your swim wear on!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Interesting. I just saw this air on the evening news (abc) and right after this story was one about Chinese coming and buying up foreclosed homes in America.

The Chinese are coming the Chinese are coming. One wok by sea, and two woks by land and three woks by air and four woks by Top Wok Chef!

Definitely looks like the MSM is pushing the fear and hate button on this one.

Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date on what the MSM is doing regarding this story.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I absolutely do not feel safe under the obama administration when it comes to protecting our shores and interests against our enemies and terrorists.

With obama cutting the expenditures on our military and defense I believe the world and Chinese see a weakness and you will see more of these close calls and incedences coming in the future including coming from Russia. This I believe will happen again more often especially when it comes to our enemies testing the strength of the U.S. military that will be further weakened because of cut backs.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by amari]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
MOOOOOooooooooooNnnnnned?

Really aggressive. Come on. Take a joke will ya!!?? Lighten up, America.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

A very valid and logical observation. It's amazing we can put that kind of priority into a third world, third rate nation's missile systems but can't manage to dissect our own dysfunctional banking and capital markets systems with the same vigor and attention to detail.

Funny world!

Thanks for the post.

They did put the same vigor and attention to detail into the Financial market. They applied it to ripping it off.Quite successfully I might add.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nimrod

Yes, ProtoplasmicTraveler, Pentagon called the chinese complaints department.

But they were transfered in India, And nobody understood one each other.

Chinese transfered the call to India would be a step up because, the Chinese cant speak English AT ALL!

I dont think the Indians speak chinese either.......

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja
MOOOOOooooooooooNnnnnned?

Really aggressive. Come on. Take a joke will ya!!?? Lighten up, America.

Lighten up ?? Are you high? There could have been a collision with one of those Chinese junks and it could have cost millions of dollars. Not to mention risking the lives of all those aboard the Impeccable for some commie stunt .

Let china not forget, we still spend $500 billion + of defense not because its funny. One senator even suggested we return with a destroyer to the same place and watch you antics then.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
I absolutely do not feel safe under the obama administration when it comes to protecting our shores and interests against our enemies and terrorists.

With obama cutting the expenditures on our military and defense I believe the world and Chinese see a weakness and you will see more of these close calls and incedences coming in the future including coming from Russia. This I believe will happen again more often especially when it comes to our enemies testing the strength of the U.S. military that will be further weakened because of cut backs.

I think the Chinese always do this game of provoke a response to test their opponents. If Obama doesnt respond in kind, they will start plotting how to bend America over the barrel.

I hope the White house is as smart at international diplomacy as it is at domestic politics.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

China has a pattern of this behavior. Remember the "accident" that forced the P-3 to land? Accident my dimpled butt.

This is no differnt. No doubt the US ship is loaded to the gills with the latest elint gear and the ChiComs would love to get thier hands on it.

Wars have started this way.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

They did put the same vigor and attention to detail into the Financial market. They applied it to ripping it off.Quite successfully I might add.

Yes they sure did. I was thinking of maybe they shut put it back together again now though...you know so they could rip it off again later. I guess they aren't done yet this time around.

I can't imagine though why the level of interest in a rocket that has to be somewhat primitive compared to ours. Unless of course they suspect that instead of it being our traditional enemies supplying them with the technology it might turn out to be an ally? Heck the way we go around shooting ourselves in the foot, we might have supplied them the technology and need to recover it so no one knows for sure about that.

I wish I had access to what they really know at the top intelligence wise.

I get the funny feeling we are all wrong most of the time guessing at it, no matter how logical and plausible we make it sounds. Kind of like making an alibi for the crook that just robbed you.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
lets face it... I am sure that this "ocean research vessel" was doing more then just researching the ocean..... I am sure the chinese noticed it was collecting intel on them... and they decided to take action... Imagine a naval chinese research vessel off the coast of florida but in international waters......... you don't think the coast guard and or navy won't interrupt there research? lol we need to stop it with the double standards already... getting seriously sick of it

Big Difference. We are not China. Also, do you remember the Soviet SSBN sub off the Cali coast ?

Also, even if our Navy or the Coast guard were to shadow a Chinese vessel in our coastal waters, I doubt they would strip down to their underwear or try these juvenile stunts that the PLAN has.

Even during the soviet Union days, their sailors didnt resort this kind of juvenile harassment on the high seas. I guess that shows the professionalism of different navies. I'd like to see their bravery against a USN destroyer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by IAF101

China has a pattern of this behavior. Remember the "accident" that forced the P-3 to land? Accident my dimpled butt.

This is no differnt. No doubt the US ship is loaded to the gills with the latest elint gear and the ChiComs would love to get thier hands on it.

Wars have started this way.

It reminds me of how the Vietnam war started. Same high seas incident that started it all.

Apparently, their intentions against the US are clear and they are merely biding their time till they can sense weakness.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Chinese transfered the call to India would be a step up because, the Chinese cant speak English AT ALL! I dont think the Indians speak chinese either.......

Barux haba! IAF101, long time no see friend. Brushing up on my Hebrew, up to two words now!

The Chinese all speak great English, they just don't like us to know! I know this for a fact because growing up in the 70's here in the U.S.A. they taught me in Social Studies that the Chinese peasants heard it all day long over loud speakers as they were being told how corrupt and decadent we here in the States are.

I was really exited at first about this thinking they would know then just how to welcome me if I should ever visit. Sadly they didn't believe their propaganda any more than I. Unless their idea of corrupt and decadent is a bowl of Wonton soup and a game of Pai Gow.

The Chinese they love their games and gambling you know. They have a saying roughly translated. Life is short you are right to live it large.

Very distinct culture. Their sheer numbers make them a formidable enemy of sorts.

Never underestimate them. They take great pride and faith in their heritage and culture and do not fully respect any other.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Great
What if they want their money back that we borrowed from them?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join