It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

the Big Boy on the Blocks growing old and losing its teath

We could bite their head off anytime we please so keep dreaming. Chinas Navy being a threat to any U.S. navy ship is still kind of a joke even though the navy would like to have you think that so they get newer toys.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
China says US was breaking the law:

uk.reuters.com...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by LwSiX]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

China says US was breaking the law:

Maritime Law is considered to be perhaps the most serious form of law on the planet. Commerce depends on it. Nations who break Maritime Law usually find themselves at war quickly if they do it repetitively.

It's why every Navy in the world including the Swiss Navy ended up eventually responding to the Somali Pirates recently.

It's very serious to the established order.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Imagine a naval chinese research vessel off the coast of florida but in international waters......... you don't think the coast guard and or navy won't interrupt there research? lol we need to stop it with the double standards already... getting seriously sick of it

You sure aren't alone in the getting sick of it department. We are driving the world to the brink of total war through all our double standards and foreign policy blunders.

Sooner or later someone is going to say enough is enough. It would be a shame if it originated from another country instead of our own.

I would much rather we clean up our act ourselves, than learn the error of our ways through yet another costly war.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

What really amazes me is that I would like to believe that the civilian population of all countries do not war, yet our leaders push it on us anyways.

I feel the same way, but the sad reality is when you look at these types of thread where there is even a hint of a threat it could lead to war, many people view it like a football game or a car race for pink slips.

They have it coming, how dare they, our weapons system will beat their weapons systems. It's that nationalistic pride that lends to validating our own notions of superiority and correctness that makes us such worthwhile slaves to our Masters.

They sit back and take side bets and rake in the cash to be made off of violence and death, and well we...get the violence and death. Ain't life grand?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Maybe its all a cunning ruse. Its a good way of getting ships and troops in that vicinity (pre agreed recent deal in china). Just look east a bit and we have Korea.

It very well could be a false flag of some sort. You sure aren't alone in your speculation and concern.

If the main stream media is hyping it, then chances are it's to effect a political end.

War is but a continuation of politics by other means.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder what way the American Navy would have reacted if a Chinese surveillance ship was near American waters.

I'm willing to bet the Chinese would have been treated the same way at the very least.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

I don't think we would have mooned them. We may have blown them up, but probably not mooned them.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
All these coming from major network news makes me question the reason they are letting people know. ( If it actually happened). They seem to be feeding people's fears.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Politics is a continuation of war.

Don't be fooled by "old" strategists

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well there you have it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I must apologize in advance for my sick sense of humor and cynicism for what I am about to say:

"At last the Greeks were not taking up the rear position."

Seriously... I was not expecting this Campaign of Fear right away, I mean come on.. I thought that all ended with the Iranian Boatmen and a Bush.

Seems as if nothing changes, methinks.
Fear ahead, roll starboard side... all engines full.
Got it?
Good.
Send out the distress signal.

In all seriousness to the OP, it could end up bad.... yes.
But I don't by the f-mongering one bit, either here or there. IMHO
I have had enough, and it's beer 30.

Cheers.
T-9

[missed a thought]

[edit on 09/3/9 by telemetry]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

In all seriousness to the OP, it could end up bad.... yes. But I don't by the f-mongering one bit, either here or there. IMHO I have had enough, and it's beer 30.

Great post. I sure am not advocating attacking China. Though not a popular prediction, I said back during the election that I felt President Obama would be as war if not more war inclined than Bush.

What I am advocating is people looking at incidences like this as the false flag pretexts they are war monger and drive up hate and fear.

If enough people stop buying into the lets nuke them and nuke them now while we still can mentality, wars will become harder to pitch and sell.

Enjoy the beer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
First Hilary, during her visit to China, said that economy is more important than human rights. (now Chinese army pours into Tibet for the Anniversary).

I ahve been frantic about this situation and just weakened by the fact the world does nothing...

Every day there is a headline in the MSM about mistreat women in Saudi Arabia (today it was about a 75 year old women to be given 40 lashes and 4 months in jail because Saudi RELIGIOUS POLICE found her with two unrelated men in her house). Yesterday was about a woman arrested for driving a car! The day before, I can't even remember, but something utterly stupid...

These are the same bastards that are going in for the final stage of Genocide , rape, murder, torture of innocent men women and children in Dufar today too.

Now the "rude" Chinese mooning American ship.

This is clearly preparing positive angry reaction from people for some dire events.

You said it, and that anger is going to intensify in the next couple of weeks, I am usually ahead of the emotional trends as I am an empathic psychic dreamer. I have been over the top for several days, mixed emotions of anger and anticipation of human tragedy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think it has to do with North Korea. The US tracks their missile, pinpoints its splash down and picks it up. The Impeccable would hear it hit the water, hear it hit bottom and get a location. Then another vessel could recover it.

The Chinese would never see or hear the recovery vehicle. The Chinese know this and what the US is up to. There is nothing the Chinese can do about it. This upsets them greatly. So they act like a road raging driver cutting off, throwing stuff, and mooning.

Meanwhile, When North Korea sets off its bottle rocket The US is going to track it and try to grab it and take it apart.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think this explains it all quite well.
It does have some bad language.
When we see whats really going on, we cuss too!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

No, this happened. It may not be that big but for the past few weeks China has been engaged in Naval saber rattling. These are military vessels for sure but at most they carry anti-aircraft guns and side arms. These are not offensive weapons but sub finders.

No doubt there is a double standard, but China is a nation that will randomly paint a strip mined mountain green for no apparent purpose, damn a river that they are building a bridge over resulting in a bridge over 2km of dirt, imprison law abiding citizens for "reasons to be determined at a later date" and has an avowed expansionist philosophy. In short they are batsh@t. We need to be ready. I also agree with the previous poster's point that the international Law of the Sea is the oldest and most widely respected form of international law. Had this been a LDC that was screwing with U.S. ships it could very well (legally no less) have constituted an act of war.

Add that on to the fact that N. Korean leader Kim is no longer in power and replaced by hard line military who are preparing for war with the South, who we have treaty obligations to defend portend a serious international crisis looming. We could be at war with N. Korea(who is backed by China) within the week.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You said it, and that anger is going to intensify in the next couple of weeks, I am usually ahead of the emotional trends as I am an empathic psychic dreamer. I have been over the top for several days, mixed emotions of anger and anticipation of human tragedy.

The energies evolving on the planet tie my third eye in knots most days as of late. I sure can empathize with how you empathize.

I have another thread going in the Gray area right now with a suspicion I have developed a theory for I would really value a empathic psychic's thoughts and feelings on, if you have the time to peruse it, I would be very grateful.

thread443949

Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I think this explains it all quite well. It does have some bad language. When we see whats really going on, we cuss too!

Thanks dodadoom, the world sure can use more laughter. Now so more than ever in my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Are you a Betazoid?

This whole planet is a projection into which we are outsourced and we have no contact or identification.

We need to open a black hole inside ourselves and suck everything back, where it belongs.

Your empathy is opposed to emotions. It is emotions that carry us away.
The great "carrier fleet" of death spitting emotions.

It needs to be sunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join