It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Declares Martial Law/Not colaborated with another source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All citizens and American Citizens are on lockdown.

It's on Fox news right now live. I try to find it on the net as it's not on there yet.

Edit to change the title. This has not been colaborated with any other source than Fox News and Gerado at Large.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by j2000]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Almost" is the word. And someone beat you to the punch-punch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Forgive me if I don't run to lock my doors on account of something said on FOX News.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So is there lockdown -
or is there "almost" lockdown.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
So is there lockdown -

It's a lockdown, but they are not calling it Martial Law yet, but everyone is calling it Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Originally posted by spinkyboo
So is there lockdown -

It's a lockdown, but they are not calling it Martial Law yet, but everyone is calling it Martial Law.

Yea - although I have never experienced this -
It would seem that a lockdown would constitute martial law.
All very unpleasant - to say the least.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... s/index.html

Joint chief of staff talking with Obama about sending Military help.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

They are just playing word games right now. It's Martial Law and that is why Fox is calling it that.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The thing is, whether you're a government or an American cable news channel, you don't want to start throwing out terms like "Martial Law" unless it's really Martial Law. It is irresponsible to do so and can actually make a bad situation horrendously worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Fox news live feed.

here is a link.

FOX LIVE STREAM

On right now.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's going to turn into a bloody war now. Not that it already was not bad.
The Military is trying to stake a claim. The problem is that they number about 100 thousand troops. The drug Cartel is right at 100 thousand troops. They will come back at them hard and try to take a town or two away from the Military.
They are heavily armed and won't give up.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Thanks.

2nd

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's the first streaming website that actually lets me in Australia view American channels.

Most come up with a warning saying I'm overseas and won't play, but this one does.

So a huge thankyou to wiredamerican for that link.

I'm watching now. It doesn't too serious at the moment. They are talking about tunnels.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Looks like this is not the first time they have had Martial Law down there.

www.mexidata.info...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Tijuana, Mexico Mayor in Bid to Takeover State
While the streets of Tijuana remain under martial law, the city’s controversial Mayor Jorge Hank Rhon has boldly launched his campaign to become governor of Baja California, Mexico.

Also in Baja at the same time.

sandiego.indymedia.org...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by j2000]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
OK, caught this in recent post so I haven't seen the whole show. Just switched to fox.

First thoughts---"Geraldo here we go". He's not your typical Fox, right leaning anchor though. He's, however, known as a bit of a sensationalist.

The current issue on the border, is one of the most important current crises facing us. Can the Mexican gov/military restore order? What do we do if they can't.

Regardless of my first thoughts, the situation is a fluid, important, and dangerous situation.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by jefwane]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We heard other people say Martial Law, not Gerado in interviews on both sides of the boader.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Obama, Mullen discuss violence in Mexico
updated 4 minutes ago
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- President Obama and Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Adm. Michael Mullen on Saturday discussed how the U.S. military can assist Mexico in addressing growing violence from drug cartels, according to a military official.

Mexican authorities discovered three headless bodies in Tijuana on Tuesday.

The conversation, which Obama initiated within hours of Mullen's return to the United States from a visit to Mexico City, underscores the growing concern with which the United States views the situation.

"The president was eager to get the chairman's observations on what he found out," the official told CNN.

The president expressed interest in military capabilities that the U.S. has that could help Mexican forces, including intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance technology, the official said.

Mexico's military and police have been embroiled in increasingly violent clashes with cartels, which are battling among themselves for control over an ever-growing market in the United States.

This week, a U.S. citizen was among the three decapitated bodies found in Tijuana, Mexican authorities said Saturday. Growing drug violence has made beheadings in Tijuana, Juarez and other Mexican towns more commonplace over the past year.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont see anything on their site. I think its a false alarm....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Fox is showing it again, live I believe?...says the Prez of Mexico has declared it and locked down soooo...?
Pete or Re-pete?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join