It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Declares Martial Law/Not colaborated with another source

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

yeah it appears as though FOUX was at it again, although things have been a lot more tense here, especially in the past 4 days.

good thing.. the murders are down by 90% although the FOX report that there have been no murders since Thursday was also false.

I can see there being a formal emergency in Juarez being announced with a large presence for 30-60 days of Military and Federal Police.. nothing new, it has happened in Tijuana and at least 2 other cities in the past, most nobility when the military was deployed to the southern Mexican boarder 8+ years ago to fight MS13 members that were trying to make their way back to the US through Mexico.

One thing that people need to realize, in Mexico.. the use of military is a much different role than the US uses troops for.. it's not uncommon to see military in the airports/capital cities/and fighting 'the war on drugs'.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by brohes]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Every time on this forum, when something about Martial Law declared is in the Breaking News Section, nothing happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You know, if the Mexican government legalized the drugs these cartels are making business off of and made them available at cheap prices while at the same time securing the border better so as to not allow any drugs or weapons to pass through, it would probably deal a significant blow to the criminal organizations at war with the government and police. I think this would be much more effective LONG TERM than a civilian lockdown.
I do remember reading somewhere that one country's government was offering drugs to addicts in a controlled environment so as to prevent overdose deaths and deaths from drugs laced with other products. It apparently is having positive results.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Well actually, this is in the Global Meltdown section.

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
F-in FOX News.
I really wish someone would take them down.
Damned fear-mongering criminals.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So if it is no big deal, and nothing different is happening, why is Obama discussing options with his staff?

Seems a little much for one town in another Country, or maybe he has information, that it may well grow into something a lot bigger?

Obviously if the Obama story is right, then it is something to watch, early warning of what is to come?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

That is the troubling part. It's not just his staff per say.

It's the Military top figures. The Joint Chiefs.

This is not CIA, or other wise. But strickly Military action that they are looking at. If it was just intelligence, it would not be discussed as a story.

This is about boots on the ground. I think I would opose.

Let it go all the way to the fall of their Govt., then go in and clean up the mess. We need to contain the boarder, with troops if needed.

If companies don't like their Americans down their working, then they can bring the jobs back home.

The Govt. joke is that they can put up a map as too where in our country the Cartel's are operating. Why don't they take them down and out here first?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Vancouver BC has a supervised injection clinic for hardcore heroin addicts.

www2.canada.com...

Canadian PM Stephen Harper would rather direct federal funds toward law enforcement than to drug treatment. His 100% American style zero tolerance policy towards recreational drugs may be related to the bloody drug gang wars now raging on the streets of Vancouver. If BC was allowed to decriminalize street drugs and have fully staffed treatment centers, their streets may be a lot safer today.

Check this out from May of 2006

www.chanvre-info.ch...

Under extreme US political pressure, Mexican President Vincente Fox got cold feet when Mexico was set to pass legislation decriminalizing street narcotics. If Mexico had passed that law, you think the country would be in the compromising position it finds itself today?

Yet another failed Bush policy which is now, not only jeopardizing the safety of Mexicans, but also the safety of Americans living in the Southwest border communities.

Of course the question which begs to be asked is what will the arms, law enforcement, corrections, legal and judicial "industries" do if drugs were decriminalized? Of course, there is also the political stigma associated with legalizing something which has been given a bad moral rap. It is always a fine line one has to walk when dealing with such hot potato issues.

By the way, Geraldo still looks good for his age. The report was fine - nothing too sensational about it. The weather looked nice and warm down there.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
we can only hope this stays contained to south of our borders. but it seems like the story keeps changing over the last 6 to 8 months, with the situation getting better, then worse as of recent. all i know is that alot of innocent people are getting caught in this bad ordeal, and it needs resolve!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

kind of have to agree with you, but...

we have too many that cannot stop getting "too much of a good thing", not that im saying drugs are a good thing, but too many people might completely melt down with cheap and legal drugs, as well as the loss of jobs associated with fighting drugs & crime.

seems like our hands are tied on this subject.........

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, the ''War on Drugs'' can be easily mistaken for 'Martial Law'. I'm from Tijuana, Baja California and all I can describe about the current situation is that now instead of regular Municipal Police we have Federal Police accompanied by Military. Now, I would like to think I'm just being paranoid, that they really are trying to run down the drug cartel, but they always reaffirm my thought of 'Martial Law' every time an innocent citizen get's pulled over for a ''routine check''.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
reply to post by trollz

Of course, there is also the political stigma associated with legalizing something which has been given a bad moral rap. It is always a fine line one has to walk when dealing with such hot potato issues.

Right, but I'm sure a decent number of people would support the idea of taking significant power from the drug cartels that are causing chaos and mayhem. If Mexico tries to resolve these issues with force, such as police wars and lockdowns, the issues will never go away. The gangs will just reorganize, new gangs will pop up. There will always someone willing to jump on the opportunity to make tons of money. In my opinion, even if the government providing drugs may look bad, it would be better than leaving it to the current and future drug cartels.

Originally posted by XD9611
reply to post by trollz

we have too many that cannot stop getting "too much of a good thing", not that im saying drugs are a good thing, but too many people might completely melt down with cheap and legal drugs, as well as the loss of jobs associated with fighting drugs & crime.

I agree 100%, but I'm sure there would also be a respectable number of people who would like to end or minimize their addictions. Plus, with the issue of potential job loss, there are many other things in Mexico that could be worked on aside from law enforcement or legal positions.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
End the war on drugs, eliminate the money that supports these criminal drug cartels, save a bundle on tax dollars being used to fight the drug wars and imprison the convicted dealers and addicts, and increase revenues by taxing the drugs that people are buying. This could be one huge step towards solving our countries economic problems. Then, we could start growing Cannabis again as an agricultural product.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
F-in FOX News.
I really wish someone would take them down.
Damned fear-mongering criminals.

Just sue FOX News for all the emotional injuries leading to a heart attack that you suffered after you clicked on ATS, Global Meltdown and read the shocking OP title.

[edit on 3/8/2009 by stander]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Mexico morgues get crowded
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Bodies awaiting autopsies tell the story of nation's escalating drug war.

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico - Death froze his exhausted face.

The attackers lashed or punctured nearly every part of his body. Then they cut off the dead man's head, wrapped it in a plastic grocery bag and dumped it with his body between two tractor-trailers on a city street.

As with most murders in Ciudad Juarez, police found no witnesses, no weapons. Only the battered corpse on the steel coroner's table carries clues to who he was and how he died.

I originally planned on adding to this post, but, was pulled away by a "event" at home...
(mass cigarette buying/storage)

I wonder what their capacity of bodies are?
To be stacked in store coolers?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I completely agree with all of your opinions. Also, I've been living in Tijuana for the past 10 years and it's been pretty peaceful up until 3 years ago. The reason why all these violent shootings have been o curing is basically because Police decided to stop working together with the cartel. Basically, what were seeing is the Police trying to get a ''bigger slice of the pie'' so to speak. Swiping away 100's of innocent bystanders in process. Finally, I believe the drug situation was better off without Police trying put a stop to it. In conclusion, Southern & Northern Mexico is officially in a Police State.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by sir.212]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

you know?! you hit the nail on the head........

I truly believe they(FNC) are a source worth acknowledgeing, they seem to report things the MSM won't. And we hear comments about how they "spin" the story, but they usually back up their view with the offenders own words via video clips and without taking it out of context. There is only so much pertinent to what someone is saying before we get too drawn out.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by XD9611]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
End the war on drugs, eliminate the money that supports these criminal drug cartels, save a bundle on tax dollars being used to fight the drug wars and imprison the convicted dealers and addicts, and increase revenues by taxing the drugs that people are buying. This could be one huge step towards solving our countries economic problems. Then, we could start growing Cannabis again as an agricultural product.

Putting the convicted addicts behind bars would be a bad move, coz the addicts couldn't get their fix over the counter at their local Thrifty drug store (aisle 5, 2 for $49.99) and contribute to the economic recovery.

Btw, have Obama declared the war on economy yet?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by stander]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
J2000, on the issue of the Mexican drug cartels having 100,000 foot soldiers. You have to keep in mind that there are multiple cartels and they aren't completely unified, and they fight against each other. They are essentially gangs but with more firepower, manpower and power of influence overall. But it is nonetheless something to be concerned with since considering the strength they wield, and it would be very bad if someone decided to seize control of all those cartels and unify them.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I would do that if the precendent hadn't already been set that FOX news isn't accountable for the lies they spread.

Someone has already tried that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join