It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Declares Martial Law/Not colaborated with another source

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
First thoughts---"Geraldo here we go". He's not your typical Fox, right leaning anchor though. He's, however, known as a bit of a sensationalist....

I disagree. I think his mustache can be sensationalizing, but he is hard-hitting news.

Fox News, Faux News. Remember they said Al-Qaeda may have started last year's California wildfires?

reply to post by mental modulator

Hello! And no, it was not me who got beat to the punch-punch.

This thread got beat. I think. There is the "almost" one floating out there.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I cannot find anything on the Net. I don't know, maybe Gerado got lucky and was at the right place at the right time. He has done that in the past.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It does make sense that he is there. I'm not really sure how many reporters are as fluent at spanish as him and has the war reporting background that he has.

Maybe he won't give away their position this time

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Yeah when they opened that tomb and there was nothing in it or when he took that chair to the face. Good timing indeed.

If he exaggerated he needs to be publicly lambasted, like it matters, the man's mustache is a hack, he himself is okay though...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Nada en las noticias Mexicanas tampoco.

I believe Mr Rivera is passing gas on this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

If He did, he needs to not return to the air. Giving out the military position was bad enough. But this would be over the edge.

Jam -

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Good deal. I am getting old.

It's coming on 1am and now really 2am.

I'll wait and see in the morning as to what is what on this one.

Glad you got some video!

I'll scan the net in the later a.m.

nite-nite all

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You know, with this going on with everything else crazy going on right now, George Snorey is getting an update on DB Cooper. I mean, I don't mean to go off topic here, but open a line for Willie's sake for people who live on the border and in Mexico that are obviously on the front lines of something.

I hate that man. Geraldo's mustache and George Snorey...Geraldo himself is cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mexico Martial Law 03 08 09 Pt1

Mexico Martial Law 03 08 09 Pt2

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
So is this Biden's "Obama will be tested shortly after he takes office... he may have to make decisions that are unpopular and unpleasant, etc. etc. etc." ?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sooo where in the vid did it talk about martial law or lock down? I watched all 15min and didn't hear anything...sure I'm watchin SNL out of the corner of my eye but wtf

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

JUAREZ, Mexico -- The bulk of an expected 5,000 Mexican Army troops are in Juarez in a huge push to quell the drug violence. Juarez was eerily calm on Monday, a calm that many believe will soon turn into an all-out storm. Outside Juarez police headquarters, there was a military presence and sandbags were stacked for protection from attacks. According to our news partners at Channel 44 in Juarez, Mayor Jose Reyes Ferriz has already indicated that the new police chief and all of the Juarez police force's top commanders will be military. Although the military is tripling its presence in Juarez to about 7,500 soldiers and about 3,000 new soldiers have already arrived, most of them have not been deployed onto the streets at this point, although some were already on patrol on Monday. So where are they? A guide led ABC-7 crews to a waterpark in far east Juarez, just across from the Zaragosa Bridge. ABC-7 cameras were not allowed in, but according to Channel 44, about 2,000 soldiers were inside, waiting for orders to be deployed around town. Many people ABC-7 talked to in Juarez believe if the military does indeed take over the police department, which we refer to as "martial law" in the U.S., the calm will end and the attacks will increase to a whole new level.

www.kvia.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
'Mexico' has not declared Martial Law.

The city of Ciudad Juarez has several thousand Military troops present (over the past few days) and this has decreased the killing by somewhere between 85-95%.

There is a military presence, but there has been no official declaration of martial law.

'If' martial law is declared, it will only be in the city of Juarez, as I for one believe would be justified. However, the notion that Mexico as a nation is under martial law is completely stretched.

Edit: ^^ what we could see in Juarez is what we have seen in the past in Tijuana.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by brohes]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I am a bit confused. I always thought the Mexican military was always working on the streets in Mexico.

My last work trip to Mexico was in 2000. I had a day and night lay over in Mexico City before flying down to Tapachula where I would work for a month before going back to the states.

I worked outside the city but did have the chance to have some free time in the city each evening.

A lot of my free time was spent on the roof top of the hotel we were using. I saw military personal on the street corners with Uzis and full battle dress.

The day and night we were held over in Mexico City I saw the same thing there but with added groups of about 20 soldiers doing that slow military running all over the city.

Sure looked like military control way back then. I found that to be the same way in many other countries I worked in south of the USA.

It doesn't seem like a new story to me. Having the military control in Mexico sure left an impression on me that I won't forget.

Edit to say I did not work in tourist areas so the military presence may have been more visible where I was.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

As I said in my post above you.. this HAS been going on for years in some cities.

Where you were, Mexico City, is a prime example of military presence. However don't mistake that with Military rule or Martial law. Look at the size of Mexico City, and the high crime rate and kidnappings.. the military is used to support local law enforcement.

I must say that my first visit to MC was an eye opener as well.. on sooo many levels. Mexico's military is trained to work in this type of environment, they are not trained and used as US troops, for offensive war. It is more of a big police/emergency response/defense force.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Fox News, Faux News. Remember they said Al-Qaeda may have started last year's California wildfires?

What do you expect from Murdock's Propaganda Service? Seriously.

Faux news ........ isn't. It's the new National Enquirer. Might as well have a purple dinosaur dance while reading the "news".....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ubergrasshopper

Aah, it's a mistake in who and what: it was UFOX News, not Fox News that aired the segment about "Martian law," not "martial law."

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Headless bodies? Beheading? Why do they behead people. How do they identify the corpse. If they find the head, I guess they can identify that.

Is cannabilism involved. Maybe they turned into zombies like in the movies. They eat the brains.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, it's morning and I think Gerado is busted.

The video is from the second time they played that tape.

The first one was on earlier and live. This one does not say what it did on the first one about Martial Law.

I guess maybe they seen the reaction, or seen these threads and knew they probably went to far.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join