It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

NO, you are very mistaken in your comment friend.

I did not teach my daughter ANYTHING about religion, she has made that judgement herself without any influence from me or her other father for that matter.

To say that I taught her that religion leads to bloodshed is wrong. She simply looked at the historical evidence, it does not take a genius to find this out.

As I said in a previous post, I allow my children to form their own opinions and beliefs based on their own research and findings, not my own.

I could care less what my children decide to believe in as far as religion goes, they are my children and I love them either way. If I thought such things could hurt their growth and development then yes, I would sit and talk with them, but I would never tell them their beliefs were wrong unless they were morally wrong and a detriment to the human experience.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What did you keep your daughter locked in a cage or something? If you haven't heard about Jesus today--or a Bible, I don't even know what to say.

I seriously doubt your statement that she got into Harvard Law not knowing about the Bible-- it is the crux of society and most of our law is based upon in one way or another.

I think you are full of it. And if you are not-- shame on you, and good for Harvard for accepting your daughter in spite of years of parental abuse and unreasonable non-disclosure of real-world culture.

BTW-- how can you not care what your children believe-- but summarily want to prevent them from hearing about religion. It sounds like you do care-- as long as they believe some New Age, whimsical, and not Christianity, your cool with it. I know someone else who wants you to believe in anything but Christ, and his name is Lucifer.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ragman]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ragman

Wow I never thought I would receive such backlash for teaching my children to make up their own minds.

I did say she did not know what a Bible was, I was mistaken, she full on knew what it was, but had never openly studied it or knew anything about what was written inside until she decided to pick it up and read it for herself.

And Harvard does not require my daughter to know what Jesus is in order for her to study law. She doesn't need to quote religious texts in court to win.

I apologize if you think my parenting is false, but I don't see the problem in allowing children to make their own decisions and form their own beliefs without having the influence of a parent present.

Furthermore I do not want my children to "not" hear about religion, they are free to study it as they see fit and to form their own ideas and opinions. If tomorrow my daughter decided she would like to follow the path of Jesus, by all means I would support her in her endeavour. It goes the same for anything else she'd like to study and make her own, so long as she is not hurting herself or anybody else in the process.
~Keeper

[edit on 3/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

In my Education, as a University Student especially, I had to sit through various lectures of a Liberal and Atheist Nature, and in Science specifically we focused on Evolution, but did you see me pulling my hair out and "Declaring War" upon Secular and Scientific Minded individuals, and their beliefs? The Short Answer is NO.

One would assume that, being a university student you would have been of the age and level of maturity to either remove yourself from the aforesaid lectures or at the very least be able to enter into a reasoning debate.

Needless to say you missed the point where I am discussing children, where the child has no option to debate or have a viewpoint but do what their told.

And yes for your information my child is being discriminated against, being given the option of worshiping a deity or being segregated from part of the school is not an option but by definition discrimination.

It just happens to be that the cult involved is xtianity, all I've asked is these people keep their beliefs to themselves, and not inflict their delusion upon my child.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
This is one of the reasons I took my son out of public schools and home schooled him. Not only that, but every week there was a bomb threat or some other crazy thing going on. I dont want my child learning the lies they teach in these schools, its pathetic.

hahahhaa comedy on ats! I love the bombthreats as the afterthought lol. This threads great. Puts a smile on my face. The answer is simple: christianity doesn't embody jesus. ahhaha revelations even declares it wouldn't be till the end lol. They will not drive the wolves out of the pen, and for that they deserve this thread. Somewhere christians have forgotten that it is not pride that makes you strong. The problem is that they get a mindset of pride...like they want to be a christian for selfish reasons. They do not understand that if i give two where it is needed and recieve one, I benefit also. I have recently decided to take a hiatus from my religion so i could follow JESUS.

That was some pretty appetizing baiting too OP!! You had me salivatin'...but really there's no need to bite.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If only the majority of the world shared a similar mindset as you, this world would be a much better place. I agree with everything you've said and would like to thank you for contributing to progress.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To the OP. It's a war you cannot win. If you are truely fighting nothing than you're looking foolish, but if you are fighting God Himself, you are going to lose. I would say that you're going to lose. I'm glad your daughter was introduced to Jesus. Hey, look what's coming... Is that Islam, and forced worship knocking at the door to the UK? Yup! You see, when you forsake God, you get the replacement. The UK became an atheist state, but now Islam is coming and there is nothing you can do to stop that. You try saying to them what you do to us Christians and see how far you get. I pity the UK for turning away from God. That is my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

You're telling me that a child who is teached that there is really no purpose in life is a good thing for him/her. If there is no purpose in life than ultimately the best decision to make is to do what ever you want. If you want drugs than hell withit inject some of that in your veins. If you want to kill someone hell do it before they kill you.

You assume much my friend, why is it you think that as I don't prescribe to your cult that my children should in anyway be immoral.

Why is it do you assume my morals to be inadequate or somehow less than yours, who would you have set an example of morals to my children ?

This man ?

You happen to be one of his flock ?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's funny that religion has become such a hot topic in the last few decades... if you read the writings of so-called "mid-century intellectuals" (around the time of WWII and the decades after) there is a sense almost taken for granted that religion was a dead issue, part of human's history except for a few isolated pockets here and there that would soon be secularized and modernized along with the rest of the Brave New World. In the 40s and 50s this was taken for granted by all "intellectuals" to the extent that NOBODY even bothered to argue about it. It was considered a universally self-evident truth.

Fast-forward 50 years and we have passionate arguments about Christianity, Islam, and others inflaming the globe, the internet, and school districts...religious books are best-sellers, and everyone seems to have a strong opinion one way or the other on the topic. Many see the world as in the midst of an almost neo-medieval Christian-versus-Islam global clash of cultures. The resurgance of religion in public life is amazing.

I think most people simply can't live without the sense of meaning, tradition, comfort, and diginity that faith (of whatever stripe) brings. There are a few who could deal with a totally athiestic world, but they are the minority and not (as the mid-century intellectuals assumed) the wave of the future. Personally, I think everyone would get along better if they thought of religion less as "science minus" and more as "poetry plus," and i'd like to see fundamentalism abandoned for a more lyrical, mystical, and mythical reading of sacred texts, but I think that's a way off, too.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
ou are doing your daughter a grave disservice by trying to protect her from Christianity--I pray that even with your strong beliefs that you daughter will one day find Jesus do despite your hate.

Ugh, that's a horrible thing to say!
Why is it such a disservice to protect her from lies, half-truths and bigotry?
Don't even get me started on the Jesus thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Hello! You think christianity and ejsus are the same?
two weeks till payday.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well here in public school.
They teach both.
But they teach it as informational not as facts.
They don't tell them God is real Jesus is real etc.
They just tell them the story about what it is.
And leave the rest up to them to decide.
And on the evolution side of things, they don't teach it as facts.
They state it is theories, scientific theories.
I could take my kids out of it, but they think its fun and like it.
Not to learn about God but to get out of school work and mess around.
I asked them if they want to do it and they said yes.
So its there own choice.
As I remember doing it as a kid, it was all a big joke and an excuse to be naughty.I think I got kicked out of it often.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

With regards to popular understanding, and for all intents and purposes, they are. I did not state this in my first reply, however.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Your actions are only going to embarrass your child and make him/her resent you. No harm is being done to your child at this school, I'm assuming they're not beating him/her?

While I agree with you that a public school shouldn't teach religion of any sort, the idea that you plan to 'debunk Christianity in front of children' is sort of sickening.

Your outrage is unwarranted. I'm going to go ahead and assume that your child is capable of critical thinking, let him/her decide form his/her self what to believe in terms of religion.

Just to not that I'm NOT a Christian, although I did go to a penticostal school from grades 1 through 5.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Is that Islam, and forced worship knocking at the door to the UK?

Yep that's right my friend but the forced worship s from xtians.

And as for going to war against a god , well I don't prescribe to the invisible man in the sky cult.
But there again let's give benefit of the doubt, if this god is real and is the creator of all that there is or ever will be, omnipotent omnipresent. Then this god not only knows how i feel and think but why I do as this god would have created me.
As this god has created me and is the creator of all that there is, then there cannot be anything that god has not crated or will not create, so this god has created me to go to war with it, I cannot know why it has done this as apparently no man can know the mind of god.

I have no choice in this matter as I was created and being created act in the manner of my creators intention.

As it is alleged that my creator is all that there is, then I cannot act in away that I was not intended, should I act in a way that was not intended by that which is alleged created me then my creator cannot be all that there is.

Good job I don't prescribe to this particular belief system then, or I would be spending the best part of my life trying to figure what I should be doing and not actually doing anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

While I agree with you that a public school shouldn't teach religion of any sort, the idea that you plan to 'debunk Christianity in front of children' is sort of sickening.

Why's that xtians try to debunk other religions every minute of the day they try to debunk atheist with every breath, and even try to debunk other atheists.

What is sickening is that grown up people teach little children how to live in fear.

Would you have my children to turn into something like these pair of screwed up kids ?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ragman

so it weould be ok if your kids had to worship The Prophet Muhammed as part of religious education?

Religion is a drug, and drugs should be done at home. I respect peoples right to have a religion even though i disagree. I spend my life being helpfull to others, not worshipping

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Making a declaration of war is pretty pathetic.

For starters there are moronic groups all over doing the same thing as the Christians.I'm a believer in Christ and also can't stand certain types who are pushy. I don't even share my beliefs with any one. Not every Christian is the same and that's a ridiculous assesment to categorize us all.

Everyone is pushy. I don't like anyone or anything being pushed upon me unless I'm seeking info. if I want to do something or learn about something I go look for it. I think you should be more concerned with all the advertisments and mailings being forced upon you in your own home. When you sit in your private residence the telivision is spewing out negative, brainwashing, subliminal messages and you declare war against Christians.I thinmk we have bigger problems in the world.

Remember that........ in war people die.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

NO, you are very mistaken in your comment friend.

I did not teach my daughter ANYTHING about religion, she has made that judgement herself without any influence from me or her other father for that matter.

If you think that the "historical evidence" shows that christians can't talk about their beliefs intelligently without resorting to violence, you're either deeply mistaken or your information is wrong, but it's profoundly sad if you taught this to your daughter. You either taught her that as you said, or you just lied and you didn't teach her anything. You can't have it both ways, your two claims are mutually exclusive. End of story.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Now again, you are mistaken, I did not SAY that i taught her anything...this is the quote you are reffering too.

She understood what they were about, but always thought of it as being kind of silly that people would fight over things they could not prove or even have intelligent conversation without it turning into bloodshed.

SHE understood, SHE came to that conclusion, SHE has her own mind to make her own decisions. It did not come from me, you're placing words in my mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join