It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

Many posters here on ATS will be aware that I have posted several times in response to the subject of xtanity. I have, I hope made it clear in my posts that however repugnant or childish I find Christianity I would not try to deny a Christian the right to believe what they wish or force my own beliefs upon them or their children.

Time and again I’ve heard apologist whine things like “real Christians don’t do this or that” or “We just politely offer the word and if people reject it they can walk away”.

BOLLOCKS. !!!

And here’s why -

As of recent my child started comprehensive school in Wales UK, the school is classified as a secular school. If I wanted my child to attend a religious school I would have enrolled my child at a religious school.

Over a period of time my child has been mentioning xtianity, whilst discussing her school work and asks many questions in relation to this subject and also other religions, and the assumption was this was in relation to Religious Education which is part of the curriculum.

To cut a long story shorter my child not only had to learn about xtainity in RE class, which was taught by a Christian for half an hour a week for SEVEN MONTHS, where she was informed by the teacher that Jesus Christ is a very real person and god but also had to take part in the worship of this god twice a week.

I have only recently learned that on the first day she started this “Secular” school that along with her books, diaries that she was given there was also a “BIBLE”!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was very pissed off indeed with xtian propaganda being shoved down my child’s throat, and contacted the school.

So far as I’ve been able to ascertain, my child’s head of year, deputy head, headmaster and many are of xtian persuasion and so far these people are adamant that should I not want my child to be involved in their beliefs or worship, then they are willing to “SEGREGATE” her from the activities in which have this religious worship is somehow imposed upon them.

I have also learned today much to my horror that, without any parental consent whatsoever, this school has been using Vericool biometric fingerprinting of my child.

As of this week I am fighting back, I've had enough this is war I'm now going to use every last drop of energy I have in me, to publicly debunk Christianity in front of young people.

I would be grateful if any other ATSers who sympathize with my position could kindly give me help with "None hate inciting" propaganda material, such as posters etc so I can just print off as I'm no good at the stuff.
As I somehow I don't think AshleyD will contribute with her most excellent art work.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Are you a Human Being?
Do you not have your own mind?
Can you not make your own decisions?
Apparently you can by making the decision to post here?
The path seems rather obvious.

By the way, document things as much as possible.
If this is a so called "regular school", you may very well have a case to bring up.

NOTE: The actions of a few particular individuals, is no reason to "Declare War on a group" Statistically speaking the Christian faith has killed more people than anything else. Good luck trying to go up against literally "more money than god"

[edit on 7/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I took my son out of public schools and home schooled him. Not only that, but every week there was a bomb threat or some other crazy thing going on. I dont want my child learning the lies they teach in these schools, its pathetic.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why don't you hate on Islam?

They would kill your daughter because she doesn't believe what they believe.

If that is accurate that they 'forced' worship, I can definitely see you being upset. But, I imagine it was more invitational and that your daughter hasn't developed the hate for the religion you have-- and felt compelled to worship/pray or whatever you are talking about. You are doing your daughter a grave disservice by trying to protect her from Christianity--I pray that even with your strong beliefs that you daughter will one day find Jesus do despite your hate.

As far as the fingerprinting-- that's a little over stepping their bounds.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ragman]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As a nominally Roman-Catholic American from the industrial Midwest [spending sometime in the Religulous American South this week], I find it quite interesting that the ministrations of over-zealous evangelicals are such an issue across the pond. My condolences. And, with that, a friendly reminder that your passionate contempt will, per the laws of the universe, only serve to bring about more to be pissed [i.e. angry, not drunk, my Welsh friend] about.

Stay calm, seek peace, and state your case with the school's administration.

Jesus is rolling in his grave.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
IMO I think religion should only be intriduced into someones life shortly after high school, otherwise it's much easier to just say well i've been told this my whole life. There are a ton of metaphors I could use here!

I would teach my kids (if I had them) around upper junior of every religion well, the large majority of them. Then show them they can partake in Atheism, which isn't a curseword, and believe in none of it, and respect their decision.

I have met in my life a large amount of people that when asked, say that they only believe in their religion because their parents do, but luckily they assure me that, that religion is without a doubt the correct one. (Their god told them so).

If we can take that half hour they were teaching kids religion, and maybe teach them financing, budgeting, how money works, I would not at all be surprised if future generations had a more reasonable, and better working economy.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ragman

If that is accurate that they 'forced' worship, I can definitely see you being upset. But, I imagine it was more invitational and that your daughter hasn't developed the hate for the religion you have-- and felt compelled to worship/pray or whatever you are talking about. You are doing your daughter a grave disservice by trying to protect her from Christianity--I pray that even with your strong beliefs that you daughter will one day find Jesus do despite your hate.

You immediately imagine WRONG, there was/is no initiation and this goes to prove a point in itself.

My child did not feel compelled to do anything, if my child does not wish to take part in deity worship she is however compelled to be placed in a SEPARATE area, within a "Secular" school.

I don't have strong beliefs my friend I have "NO Beliefs", my children are encouraged to think critically, about all subjects.

So once again, yes "FORCED WORSHIP"

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
I have also learned today much to my horror that, without any parental consent whatsoever, this school has been using Vericool biometric fingerprinting of my child.

I must've missed the part when I was in Bible college about us Christians needing to get the fingerprints of children.

As of this week I am fighting back, I've had enough this is war I'm now going to use every last drop of energy I have in me, to publicly debunk Christianity in front of young people.

Don't you think that that language is rather harsh...you're at war? Anyway, have fun trying to debunk Christianity. People have been trying to do that for nearly 2000 years now. This makes me think of a poem I read once. More or less, it goes something like:

I was walking down the street in the middle of the night and I heard a pounding coming from the metal workers shed. I went in and saw him working and he looked up at me with a twinkle in his eye. He showed me the pile of hammers in the corner that he'd gone through and I asked him, 'where is the anvil that you use?' He gladly lifted it up and showed me, "God's Word, the Bible of course. For it has and will always withstand the test of time."

Of course, it was more eloquent.

You say that your in Wales? If I'm not mistaking, I think that the UK has a state church--the Anglican church. If that's the case, religion is naturally going to be taught in the public schools. It's like that here in Germany, where the state churches are the Lutheran Church and the Catholic church. It would be natural for a student in a "Christianity" class to have a Bible too, as the Bible is Christianity's "textbook".

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I am just as mad for the same reasons so I understand completely. Imagine my HORROR and DISGUST when I found out they were teaching the Belief that the earth is billions of years old and we all came from monkeys and no less they were calling it SCIENCE.

I agree 1000% public schools should not be teaching any belief systems or forcing them on others children that may not agree with them. I wish you luck in REMOVING ALL BELIEFS from your school and keeping it to provable repeatable, testable things, like 2+2 and reading and such.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Stay calm, seek peace, and state your case with the school's administration.

So far spoke to 6 people in relation to this, 2 passed the buck 1 promised to get back but didn't 1 has yet to get back, 1 one is some sort of christian and refuses to comment the other was a catholic it didn't have a clue why I should have a problem and got off the phone.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe since your beliefs are rather outside the norm it is best for you to home school. I'm not saying this in a bad way, but it seems you are very restrictive or narrow in what you want your kids to be exposed to.

BTW, if you have no beliefs at all than why care? I do think though a teacher pushing any religion is wrong but I'm not sure what the laws/rules/customs of wales is about that.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well friend I can definetly help you in this regard, but I do have a few quams about you're post.

First the good stuff.

I have the same problem with my kids, Christians and other religions attempting to convert them early so they can never get away. It's kind of odd that Christians will openly try to tell you they are right, but will never listen when you tell them they are wrong, anyway that's another thread.

Now for the quams....You can't disprove or debunk Christianity, not with 90 Million christians who are very gun ho about it. So here's another way to look at it, my personnal belief on the matter.

We cannot as human beings in this stage of our spiritual and physical evolution possibly understand or comprehend the vasteness and complexity of god.

We do not understand all it's creations and how they work together. We do not understand our own spirituality, there are a PLETHORA of things we simply do not understand, and even more that we don't even perceive right now because of our limited senses.

Now how are we suppose to understand or even be able to grasp the concept of a creator if the creations are still a mystery to us? It is impossible.

We will never understand god whie living in this demension, for I think the idea of "god" is simply a life force, a Large Tree with trillions of roots if you will.

Now my children thank god have been raised to think and questions everything they are taught and to be provided facts from both points of view before making an informed decision about what is right and what is wrong.

I think if that school is suppose to be secular and not religious in any way, I think it's time you change your child schools. Even public is better than getting your child brainwashed into something they do not understand fully.

That or homeschool them. I am currently doing it with my youngest as he is easily convinced and easily manipulated (something I work with him on everyday) and it has worked out quite well. It doesn't take years of University to teach your child the skills they need to be a productive member of society and a critical thinker.

Good luck in your endeavours friend.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You say that your in Wales? If I'm not mistaking, I think that the UK has a state church--the Anglican church

The "CHURCH IN WALES" has all but dissapeared my friend due to lack of interest and the Anglican Church is following suit thank god.

Yes there are plenty of furry hat sunday specials but their on the decline, the remainder ? Fundamentalism seems to be rising, a handful of deluded in positions of authority, totally unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You do have beliefs-- a strong belief that no religion is true. Good for you. The devil doesn't care if you believe what he believes as long as you don't serve God.

Here's the deal-- I see what your saying. But I think going to 'war' is downright stupid. No one takes you seriously when you attack the issue this way.

You have to remember, for a Christian, knowing a non-believer is like watching your buddy run blind-folded off a cliff. You will do ANYTHING in your power to stop them. Unfortunately, today, we are forced to watch and cheer on our peers as they jump to their death-- because they refuse to remove the blind-fold.

I simply cannot stand the thought of not educating children about Jesus. Its pretty much criminal in my mind. I think prayer time should be legal and even pushed but in no way required.

And for the record-- Jesus is real, and was the Son of God. Your angry that someone is telling your daughter that there might be something to see if they remove the blindfold. And your going to stop her?

Besides, I never quite understand why Atheists hate Christians. You feel you have to 'unconvert' us. Does it make you feel good to force us to lose faith like you have, and to have no hope for life after death. To me, this sort of logic, is the type the Devil imposses. Christians convert to Save. Atheists convert out of spite, selfishness, and the self satisfaction of destroying someone else's belief structure. Its a shame-- if your really an Atheist, you should give a fart less if someone believes in God. It doesn't hurt you-- but it sure does compell people to be honest and good people in their lives.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
war? so insted talking to the teacher you want to do the same to Christian kids? hate, vengance - it is your solution?

I am Catholic and I do not like also some stuff my kids hear in school. but I do not fight against the teachers or scientists or anybody. I spend some time with my kids and explain them the way I see it. so they have the possibility to find their own belifs.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
People have been trying to do that for nearly 2000 years now.

I see this argument thrown around so often. Do you honestly think Christianity would just instantly die off when someone successfully "debunks" it? Don't you know that within this herd belief is a lot more powerful than truth?

That argument is just silly.

To the OP: Perhaps you should talk to some of the other parents that might share your views -- I'm sure they'd have something to say as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey dude just be happy that you are capable of this realization.
Theres others that are going to let their kids get their little minds fertilized with it.
Those poor kids.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Now for the quams....You can't disprove or debunk Christianity, not with 90 Million christians who are very gun ho about it. So here's another way to look at it, my personnal belief on the matter.

2.5 billion is closer to the count hehe

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wasn't using it as an apologetic for Christianity--there are much better things than that! But, the fact is that Christianity has withstood all the attacks on it. And, yes, Christianity would fall apart at the seems if the Jews back then, or even people now, could do one simple thing. Produce the body of Jesus. That's it. The hope of Christianity is in Christ's resurrection. If that didn't happen, we got nothin'.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Maybe since your beliefs are rather outside the norm it is best for you to home school. I'm not saying this in a bad way, but it seems you are very restrictive or narrow in what you want your kids to be exposed to.

My beliefs are not outside the norm as I have no beliefs and neither do my children. I'm not restrictive in any way my kids are exposed to religions at school (at lest it should be plural) I encourage my kids to get access to as much info as possible.

My child s RE teacher for example had never even heard of Dyonisis and I find this quite disturbing for obvious reasons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join