It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by John Matrix

Well you say that people hadn't read the bible during the inquisition, i doubt if this is true of tomas de torquemada or his good friend Pope Sixtus IV - The inquisition was carried out by the people who COULD read the bible, they justified it with the bible.standards.

And wasn't there historical problems regarding the clergy not wanting the bible translated into English so it could be better understood too by those outside of an academic elite? On a more contemporary note, I think a similar thing is happening within the Amish community.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

reply to post by moocowman

What religion teaches this hatred and talk of war? Not Christianity.

Are you a Musslim?

Such a hypocritical question. Have you read history. Christian history. I dont think so, because if you had, you would realize how much death and war Christanity has caused.

Why dont you start with the Malleus Maleficarum, then come back and tell us all how peaceful christians are.

There was a lack of education and books, even long after the invention of the printing press which was in 1440 A.D. People were in the dark as far as what the Bible says and what Jesus taught. So how can you use such past history as a reason to HATE Christianity today. We Christians had nothing to do with what went on way back when.

So I don't think it's a hypocritical question at all. I know what Jesus taught and what true Christianity teaches: the way of divine Truth, Justice, Righteousness, Love, Humility, Meekness, and Patience. These elements of the divine nature want nothing to do with preemptive war. But a man with such a character will surely defend his fellow man, and himself if need be. Jesus mission was to die on the cross without resistance, but there is no command for "martyrdom" given to the rest of us. Self defence and defending others against those who would enslave us, or kill us, is the just thing to do.

[edit on 8/3/09 by John Matrix]

you are totally right. The OP and others do not understand that the times all this evil stuff happened were so, and it had nothing to with religion itself. the kings were using the religions (in different places different religions) to run their bussinesses as they needed to.

was it any better in the lands were no Christians were? South America, Asia, Middle East or before the Christianity? everywhere blood. so it had to be...

link   
a link to a debate of religion in schools .. seemed appropriate ..

www.teachers.tv...

link   
Wow, quite an interesting criticism. Nice use of "x" for the word Christ in the word Christian. Oddly enough, the Roman term X is used to represent Christ. And by the way, there is one reason you should not criticize the Catholic Church and its people: the formation of Western Europe, Western civilization, along with your life as you know it, would not have ever happened if not for the Church's organization and general stability in the Dark Ages that provide the foundation for advancements throught the ages.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Well then I apologise but on the face of your arguments it sounds like the same schtick.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

And wishing to deny the same freedom to others. You are allowed to express your beliefs in public after all. Why should they not be allowed to express theirs? Because it offends you and you believe it somehow magically causes mankind to act like idiots?

Dude, obviously this is not getting through to you so I'll type slowly, no one is offending me I'm not trying to deny anyone anything.

My child is being forced to partake in a the worship of a deity, I do not care who's deity or what cult it is.

It happens to the jesusgod , should my child choose not to worship this jesusgod or be involved in this cults ceremonies my child will be discriminated against, this is unacceptable to me period.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
Why don't you hate on Islam?

They would kill your daughter because she doesn't believe what they believe.

If that is accurate that they 'forced' worship, I can definitely see you being upset. But, I imagine it was more invitational and that your daughter hasn't developed the hate for the religion you have-- and felt compelled to worship/pray or whatever you are talking about. You are doing your daughter a grave disservice by trying to protect her from Christianity--I pray that even with your strong beliefs that you daughter will one day find Jesus do despite your hate.

As far as the fingerprinting-- that's a little over stepping their bounds.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ragman]

All the Abrahamic religions have tenets that require the deaths of non-believers.
Granted, Jesus chafed against that sort of thing, but those laws are still on the books in all 3 of those faiths, and indeed, a great many practitioners believe it... regardless of whether they actually kill the infidels.

They have death decrees for so many different things in fact it's simply not possible to take any of it seriously.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Your child is not being forced to worship. They are learning about different religions. Christianity is a major world religion so why shouldn't they learn a bit about it. Would you rather your child grow up ignorant and make foolish assumptions about Christianity, like I have seen many people do here?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

It is par for the parcel as human nature dictates though. Bloody waste of energy you ask me.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Christianity is an absolute abomination.
i hope in my lifetime i see the disintegration of all religion period.

study the origins of religion and you find the truth........and i dont mean the bible or the Qur'an.

People take religion at face value without studying its origins and the people who integrated and instigated these practices.

The Pope is about as Holy and divine as my arse. They know the truth, its just one big control mechanism.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

was it any better in the lands were no Christians were? South America, Asia, Middle East or before the Christianity? everywhere blood. so it had to be...

....IT HAD TO BE SOME OTHER RELIGION!!!
Isn't logic fun, boys and girls? Your turn now...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

A few pointers
1 It is the will of god or it would not happen ( Inshallah)
2 if you dont like Christianity in the UK then bugger off to somewhere that caters to you.
3 if your a muslim you are not in a position to criticise any other faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

And wishing to deny the same freedom to others. You are allowed to express your beliefs in public after all. Why should they not be allowed to express theirs? Because it offends you and you believe it somehow magically causes mankind to act like idiots?

Dude, obviously this is not getting through to you so I'll type slowly, no one is offending me I'm not trying to deny anyone anything.

My child is being forced to partake in a the worship of a deity, I do not care who's deity or what cult it is.

It happens to the jesusgod , should my child choose not to worship this jesusgod or be involved in this cults ceremonies my child will be discriminated against, this is unacceptable to me period.

Surely it is better and wiser to let your child see what the various faiths have on offer and then let them make their own minds up, or are you going to FORCE your beliefs onto someone else ?. Let them choose for themselves or you are no better than the schools that only allow one faith to be taught. Besides it is totally clear to all decent pious people there is no god residing in the US, UK or Islamic world, the actions of their peoples show that.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

well he was angry that they were teaching about the Jesus Christ as an real person - see quote below form OP:
"To cut a long story shorter my child not only had to learn about xtainity in RE class, which was taught by a Christian for half an hour a week for SEVEN MONTHS, where she was informed by the teacher that Jesus Christ is a very real person".

and this is a fact. so the only tpossibility is to not mention about him. tell me, how to explain the Christianity and its influence on our present world without the Jesus Christ?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Firstly, I fail to see how quickly you type something will have any effect on how I read it. This being the internet and all.
You're attempt to insult my intelligence failed in both execution and premise and was counter-productive to boot.

Secondly, participation has obviously not been mandatory so it's hardly forcing it down her throat. How someone can say someone else is forcing something when they offer to excuse someone from that thing they are supposedly forcing is beyond me. The profoundly askew logic alone is inspiring.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Your child is not being forced to worship. They are learning about different religions. Christianity is a major world religion so why shouldn't they learn a bit about it. Would you rather your child grow up ignorant and make foolish assumptions about Christianity, like I have seen many people do here?

There's a significant difference between learning about it and partaking in it. That's the crux of the issue here. There are elements of Moocowman's daughter's education outside of religious eduction classes - classes which are set aside to learn about religion in a secular setting - that have an element of worship in it. This places Moocowman in awkward situation where he could remove his child from all those aspects of school but then potentially ostracises his child in the process. The point is, he shouldn't be placed in this situation because it really shouldn't be happening in a secular school.

Now if Moocowman had knowingly enrolled his daughter in a (Christian) faith-based school and his daughter was being told Jesus and Christianity was the right way and elements of Christian teaching started popping up outside of religious education classes, then he wouldn't have a point at all and all the Christians arguing with him would be right. However that isn't the scenario at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
People take religion at face value without studying its origins and the people who integrated and instigated these practices.

You paint your picture with broad brush strokes my friend. These are only your assumptions and opinions. It tells me you know little of what you are taking about....and that's my assumption.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This thread is being closed under the hate policy discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join