It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think if you are going to continue having your children present in these types of institutions, you should arm them with the correct knowledge so they can

Indeed, and this is the problem, in relation to religious beliefs there is no correct knowledge. In my own opinion christians are deluded. I don't tell my kids this though as it's far too complicated at their ages to fully understand what I mean and why.

I'd prefer my children to form their own opinions based on evidence they have learned to acquire, and that their opinions be changeable and not an absolute belief.

But as we know this takes time, and as I allow them time to learn to acquire information and knowledge to make an informed opinion, someone else is using this "gap" or window of opportunity to subtly indoctrinate my childen into their own way of thinking.

Many xtians screamed from the pulpits at the alleged subliminal messages with Disney movies, but these same screamers are trying to do much the same thing to my children.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is not a public school I think, you are talking about a private school. A private school for Muslims.

I don't think so.

Is it?

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Yep you are right, but when I read it guess what:

"We teach out of the book, and there are some supplemental class activities," he told WND. "The kids do some skits, they could bring a food from the region, you could build a prop that would have depicted (something) maybe during that time period.

"If you wanted to you could dress up (as a Muslim) for extra credit," he said.

Dress ups lol, this is a cultural study, they do it here in New Zealand also. People bring drawings or wear cultural clothings bla bla bla. It is a good thing in Multicultural societies. It brings people closer and helps understand the minority. Let's all hope you don't become the president of the US lol, you will probably act in the same lines as Hitler. Trust me you might not notice the hatred now but when you have power that is when you have the confidence.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

What is RE and what is a Dyonisis?

RE = Religious Education

Dyonisis =

Many Christians would be horrified to think that Jesus is in some way a manifestation of Dionysus, but the parallels are complex and deep. Like Jesus, Dionysus is a God in human form, who dies and is resurrected, born of a mortal mother by a divine father. Like Jesus, Dionysus is a god whose tragic passion is re-enacted by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Like Jesus, Dionysus is a miraculous god associated with the immortality of the soul. Like Christianity, the religion of Dionysus spread like wildfire. Like Jesus, Dionysus is the God of the visionary state acheived through the sacrament. The rites of Dionysus frequently involved violent sacrificial death, which would make a Christian cringe.

But we have to recognise that this violence was to become magified to an extraordinary degree in Christianity. The example of the Crucifixion provoked tens of thousands of Christians to walk voluntarily into the cruellest of matryrdoms. Just like the vengeful Dyonisian priest swung his axe at the fleeing priestesses, the Inquisition and Witch Hunts then turned the blood back upon itself, resulting in millions of deaths across Europe. The Pangs of the Messiah have long outlived the rending of Dionysus.

Extract

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Well then my friend, you seem most intelligent and therefore I see no reason why you could not home school your children. (unless work prevents you from doing so) Even then private tutors will teach or not teach whatever you tell them to, so that might be a better avenue for you as well.

There must be other schools in the area that can also provide the same level of education without the indoctrination ceremonies once a week for a half hour.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I believe my own eyes and the archeological evidence. The Bible has been proven to be accurate many times over and like I said, you can't possibly state that Jesus didn't exist 2009 years after he died because you don't have evidence to prove He didn't exist either.

So how can people like benevolentheritic state that ALL religious stories are made up.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Can you say “ stereotype”? Your problem is with the school. Way to debunk. Don’t worry your not the first person to declare war on any particular religious group nor will you be the last. Stereotyping is funny that way. Critical thinking,,, not. It does not mater what religion is in your post it’s the all-inclusive context. By your words. It’s not the school, Not the Christians at the school, not some Christians, or even most Christians. Nope it’s all Christians. I just called one of my Christian friends and he Does not want to finger print your kids, he could care less what your religious beliefs are, so that’s at least one.

Would that be
Sandra
BOLLOCKS. !!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You still didn't tell us what is wrong with half an hour a week lol. Shouldn't you be more concerned about other things they might see or hear while they are at school. Or the TV, do you know what your children are watching? I'm sure thousands of other more concerning issues are out there for you to complain about which would make you look more sane. Instead you complain about something which does not mean any harm to your children.

You're telling me that a child who is teached that there is really no purpose in life is a good thing for him/her. If there is no purpose in life than ultimately the best decision to make is to do what ever you want. If you want drugs than hell withit inject some of that in your veins. If you want to kill someone hell do it before they kill you.

Yes too much religion(controle) is not good, but absence of religion in ones life is also not good. I do agree in balance. Just like total free market and full controle by Government(nationalization), I believe in balance between the two.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

So you are telling me that they have "proof" that the Bible is accurate? Where is this proof?

How can something that is 3000 years old, translated over thousands of years in dozens of different versions still be accurate?

You'll need to provide me some evidence of your claims. And no I do not argue that it is possible that it is true, but to state that as fact is insulting my intelligence.

And how can you know that archeological evidence is even correct? As I said in a previous post, take the Sphynx for example, they've discovered that it could be several thousand years older than originally thought, drastically changing our views of ancient civilization.

The same can be said about Religion, especially a religion such as Christianity that was popularized by the Romans. The bible was written decades after the death of Jesus and most of the people who are credited for it's writing did not personally know Jesus.

Again I don't wish to knock you're belief system but as I said, blind belief in anything is bad for the sould friend. An open mind is the true way forward, for when our perception of things change, so must our understanding and our beliefs.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Let me be straight-- I know God is real. I don't think. I KNOW. People who don't know God can't possibly understand this-- just like the people that were abducted by aliens (though I am skeptical) KNOW they were abducted and cannot comprehend why anyone would think otherwise.

I don't think you should ever take away anyone's freedom to choose-- otherwise people just will pretend to agree and secretly plot their true intentions. As far as your daughter, I think you should request that she is exposed to other religions as well-- that would only be fair.

As science already teaches evolution as science, instead of a creation myth, I personally do not approve of most curricula. But, I will still send my children to school as they need to learn to discern-- Even at a young age. This is probably the most crucial time.

Your statement that being gay is jumping off a cliff is making a lot assumptions about my beliefs. I only believe you hop off that cliff if you die without accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and realizing that he died for your Sins to forgiven. All that works hoopla is great, but in the end, getting into heaven is easy. Just believe one thing. Like you don't have to actually do ANYTHING. I have yet to see another religion like that.

Many people even Christian have taken on this belief that we must tolerate other beliefs. Certainly we must allow people to believe what they will-- but this does not mean encourage-- do not tell an atheist his beliefs are as valid as yours if you want to show him honesty anymore than you would tell someone who misread a billboard that his belief is valid as yours. Truth is absolute-- relativism is a childish belief-- which even if actually true, ironically, ends once again in the existence of absolute Truth. Its a paradox of sorts-- but there are absolutes-- though you cannot make a hair black nor white, you can certainly say in certainty that it is neither.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Actually my first child did not know what a Bible was until she was 16, she's now 18 and has been offered a full Harvard Law scholarship. So I don't see how absense of religion was bad for her.

She is not morally wrong in any sense, she's actually more intelligent that I am I think. She's a mature woman who makes her own decisions and has her own beliefs that were formed by her own experiences, not some 3000 year old texts.

Being absent of religion does not mean you are saying life has no purpose it is quite the obvious. If it takes religion in your life to give you a purpose than you're persception of life is very wrong my friend.

I am not a religious person, I am a very spiritual person. My purpose in life is to live for myself and the people that I love, I do not require any sort of religion or faith based morals to live a very comfortable, happy and productive life.

Yes balance is key to everything, but saying that something to the likes of no religion equals no purpose in life is very close minded.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Typical ATS hate threads - if it aint bashing Jews, its Christians ....

Who we gonna hate tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is a religious education class. What really did you expect?

Other than that you really seem to contradict yourself quite a bit in your posts. You want to declare war? That is a sensible way to put it, a lot of critical thinking must have went into that. I really think you need to look at the individual instead of spewing hate speech. Really that is what it is. If anyone were to write the same title and post about the Jewish, Islamic, or any other belief I believe their post would have been deleted.

My advice calm down, look at the harm done if any (and nothing you might make up counts) I mean real damage. Then consider speaking with the school about it if you believe so strongly (oh wait you have no belief yet another contradiction). Continue speaking with the school until they fix your “problem”.

BTW if you can prove Christianity is either true or false you are better than anyone else out there. It is about faith not proof, you can prove neither. One last thing not all who call themselves Christians really are. Try no to generalize it only makes you look stupid.

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Actually my first child did not know what a Bible was until she was 16, she's now 18 and has been offered a full Harvard Law scholarship. So I don't see how absense of religion was bad for her.

She is not morally wrong in any sense, she's actually more intelligent that I am I think. She's a mature woman who makes her own decisions and has her own beliefs that were formed by her own experiences, not some 3000 year old texts.

Being absent of religion does not mean you are saying life has no purpose it is quite the obvious. If it takes religion in your life to give you a purpose than you're persception of life is very wrong my friend.

I am not a religious person, I am a very spiritual person. My purpose in life is to live for myself and the people that I love, I do not require any sort of religion or faith based morals to live a very comfortable, happy and productive life.

Yes balance is key to everything, but saying that something to the likes of no religion equals no purpose in life is very close minded.

~Keeper

"but absence of religion in ones life"
Absense in ones life, I'm sure she knew about Christianity before that. You can't tell me that you controlled her so strictly that she had no clue about Christianity. Are you telling me that she didn't know the name Jesus til she was 16, hard to believe at least for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

And here’s why -

As of recent my child started comprehensive school in Wales UK, the school is classified as a secular school. If I wanted my child to attend a religious school I would have enrolled my child at a religious school.

I have only recently learned that on the first day she started this “Secular” school that along with her books, diaries that she was given there was also a “BIBLE”!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was very pissed off indeed with xtian propaganda being shoved down my child’s throat, and contacted the school.

What Religion are you might I ask?

As for this "Shoving" of Christianity "Down Your Throat", have you ever considered the way in which you seem to be "Shoving" your own beliefs down our throat with this post? "Declaring War" on an entire Religion because of an injustice which you perceive, displays the fact that you are either very ignorant by-in-large, or you simply have an ulterior agenda going on which we remain oblivious towards.

In my Education, as a University Student especially, I had to sit through various lectures of a Liberal and Atheist Nature, and in Science specifically we focused on Evolution, but did you see me pulling my hair out and "Declaring War" upon Secular and Scientific Minded individuals, and their beliefs? The Short Answer is NO.

Unless your daughter is being Graded Poorly or Facing Purposeful Discrimination Against her due to a difference in Beliefs, then I see no purpose behind your rant.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No I don't mean to imply that she had no religious knowlege at all, but she was not influenced by any organized religion in her life. She has never gone to church, never openly read a religious document, it never was of interest to her.

She understood what they were about, but always thought of it as being kind of silly that people would fight over things they could not prove or even have intelligent conversation without it turning into bloodshed.

She simply decided it was more constructive to focus on things she could actually understand through study and common sense. She could not understand how something that promoted so much love had led to so much hate and violence, she simply decided it was not for her and any notion of religion would simply be disregarded as a "Thanks, But No Thanks".

And I've never controlled my children, they've been free to do as they please since they were teenagers, from the moment I realized they were intelligent enough to understand the different between right and wrong, and had the ability to question and critically think about things, I had no need to tell them what to do, I allowed them to follow their own path.

It was my job to protect them during their childhood when they could not make an intelligent and informed decision, after they had that ability, my controlling would have turned into bad parenting.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Give it another couple of years,and they will be teaching Koran lessons at school in Britain,instead of Christianity.Lets see how far you get with your complaints of Religious Instruction then.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I see no reason why you could not home school your children.

I'm flattered lol, but educator I am not although I do see many benefits to home school.

My children have over the years and some very positive relationships with many of their teachers, I may have a bee in my bonnet about some I don't tar them all with the same brush.

I had a very nasty acrimonious divorce, and to be honest many of the teaching staff at the primary school, were superb. Home schooling is out of the question with an unhinged ex wife ready to pounce on my parenting abilities at any opportunity.

The irony is that my best friend is a devout christian and another is an ex christian.

My friend and I will often debate xtianity (my lack of understanding lol) but never once has he tried to explain his belief to my kids. However if they ask him anything he's free to explain what his beliefs are and I have no problem with this as I find it quite healthy.

I have found that the people who I've entrusted with a duty of care over my children ie educators, use my absence to try and indoctrinate my children into their religious beliefs, through fear of segregation or discrimination. This in my opinion is potentially harmful to my child, the very reason that my government went to war in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I personally think that kids should be shielded from all religion, including athiesm, until they reach around 15 or 16. At least then they can look at all them with some form of maturity and make a choice about what they want to believe.

When a kid has been force-fed a religion since birth, they are far less likely to think for themselves about that choice.

Do you have any clue the implications of what you just said? Free speech, out the window if a kid is around. Public displays of religious belief? Banned, kids might see it. Worse yet, parenting rights, are completely out the window. Guess we need to start removing kids from households that expose them to religious belief. I know, lets let the government raise our kids; they can shield them from any and all belief from birth till whenever. We'll return them to their parents at age 15, properly indoctrinated by the government to have no knowledge of God. I don't know if I believe the OP's story in its entirety or not, but it sure doesn't stack up against the frightening nature of this suggestion.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

She understood what they were about, but always thought of it as being kind of silly that people would fight over things they could not prove or even have intelligent conversation without it turning into bloodshed.

Oh, so you taught your daughter that I can't have an intelligent conversation about my faith without killing someone? Nice. I can see why she would avoid all churches. It's amazing to me that you honestly think you did nothing to stop her from developing a faith of some sort.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This is a religious education class. What really did you expect?

I believe a made myself clear, my child is being forced to partake. in religious worship, I don't particularly care which god they have chosen it just happens to be the jesus/yahwegod.

The religious education class was a separate issue in a sense in that, I have no objection of my children being aware of different belief systems but for the teacher to insist that jesus is the true real god is repulsive, especially when my child becomes upset when the very balanced essay when wrote is maked down.

Once again, it would be interesting to see whether xtians who are posting here would be of the same opinion if my child was forced to pray to Allah, and is told that Allah is the true living god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join