It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i fully understand and appreciate the OP's position. i think that religious beliefs are poisonous to young minds.

it has taken me better than a decade of effort to wrangle my mind back from the mormon indoctrination of my youth. i have to leave the room while my nephew and niece are being imprinted because i know what a problem they will face if they ever want to escape. and it makes me incredibly angry that people would lie to children.

i am also at a point, personally, that i consider it a "war".

best to you, OP.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

A star for you. I myself try to live by the Christian philosophy, but I in no way condone the teaching of religion, of any kind, in the public schools.

Then if this is the case you should be able to understand why I'm so pissed at people who have chosen to not teach but slide in the back door of a school in order to influence my childs way of thinking.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Thanks for that dude sorry to hear about the mormon thing, I will pray for them lol

Seriously though enough is enough, when adults give children books that contain instructions on rape slavery murder etc, this is totally unacceptable.

It is about time these religious writings were certified like movies 18 xxx etc I've really had enough of these people praying on the young or vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

No one can force my daughter to worship with him. You see, someone like me would die for my beliefs before yielding, but we might pray FOR him WITH him. Hopefully my daughter would have the same strength of character.

Are you on something ? No one can force your child to worship someone not of your choice, but it's ok for it to happen to my child ?

To be frank, I don't believe your story is 100% true, I suspect you exaggerated the incident out of your own personal biases which show through in every single post.

Dude I have not exaggerated jack so back off, I don't get this wound up just to have a go at xtians.

What I said is what happened matey boy, if I was going to make it up I'd have done a much better job trying to describe what happened as it would have been easier to write.

In a nut shell, nice and easy xtians have been forcing my child to worship their god without my consent through fear of segregation.

As it happens the same educators have forced my child, once again without consent to be biometrically figerprinted using Vericool equipment.

Whether the data collection is related to the cult thing I don't know but this is a conspiracy site after all so it's worth mentioning.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I get what you mean, but she did have some idea of GOD in her mind. Get my point? Silly or not it did exist in her mind, don't you think she has been influenced by that thought at all?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Geez op, the answer is simple.
Rather than hate Christians, why not just get your kid out of that school?

Just wondering, how would you feel is they were cramming another religion down your child's throat with the intent of either having her convert or die?
You should thank your lucky stars this is not the scenario you are currently faced with.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Ownification

You're telling me that a child who is teached that there is really no purpose in life is a good thing for him/her. If there is no purpose in life than ultimately the best decision to make is to do what ever you want. If you want drugs than hell withit inject some of that in your veins. If you want to kill someone hell do it before they kill you.

You assume much my friend, why is it you think that as I don't prescribe to your cult that my children should in anyway be immoral.

Why is it do you assume my morals to be inadequate or somehow less than yours, who would you have set an example of morals to my children ?

This man ?

You happen to be one of his flock ?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by moocowman]

What cult, who wah

I'm saying that there is much more important issues which could affect your children than alittle religiouse teaching. No body is saying your or your children are immoral. Have you watched TV lately, what they show to your children, violence, sex, drugs.... your complaining about something which could potentially help your children that my friend is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
Why don't you hate on Islam?

They would kill your daughter because she doesn't believe what they believe.

If that is accurate that they 'forced' worship, I can definitely see you being upset. But, I imagine it was more invitational and that your daughter hasn't developed the hate for the religion you have-- and felt compelled to worship/pray or whatever you are talking about. You are doing your daughter a grave disservice by trying to protect her from Christianity--I pray that even with your strong beliefs that you daughter will one day find Jesus do despite your hate.

As far as the fingerprinting-- that's a little over stepping their bounds.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ragman]
i think you should read up a little on islam. im not of any religion, so im not taking offense. but im sure i wont be the only person to give you a little nudge on this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
your complaining about something which could potentially help your children that my friend is beyond me.

How can learning socially reinforced lies, hatred and bogtry, coupled with stories about rape and slaughter and vengeance and jealousy have a positive outcome on children.....particularly when they find out that they are lies etc etc?!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Monger

Would you have my children to turn into something like these pair of screwed up kids ?
[edit on 7-3-2009 by moocowman]

Those children are the result of what they were taught at home, not at school.

Your child's school isn't out to turn your children into followers of Fred Phelps. Fred Phelps doesn't represent Christianity any more than Osama bin Laden represents Islam - although I'm fairly certain that point is lost on you judging by your moral outrage.

There are millions of examples in America and abroad of children with a religious (not necessarily Christian) upbringing that are fine, intelligent and peaceful people.

Your children will trust and believe their parents over their teachers.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Need I say it?

You have no more right to indoctrinate other people's kids with atheism, than the school administrators have to indoctrinate your child with religion.

I understand your frustration with the school but lashing out at innocent people and their children is not a solution. All that will happen is you will be on the receiving end of their anger. Like I said, that is no solution.

What is wrong with telling the administrators that you do not wish your child to participate in the worship services. Ask them to provide an alternate activity for your child at that time. Maybe a study hall type of thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

well, for all intents and purposes, I agree that getting into that isn't pertinent to your point. I was just curious because as a kind of christian who used to be a fullblown christian, but at the same time, a fullblown jesus lover who used to kind of love jesus, I find it difficult to draw parralels between the two, only arguments. Ya know?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh boy...

Not only is religion being "force down" upon us, but others sexuality too!

The same thing can be argued about...

But why go there...?

It's just the same thing

[edit on 7-3-2009 by xDove007]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

Will you be coming with strongly worded legal forms, angry letters or guns? I'm just trying to plan my day. You understand?

Seriously, if I were as anti-religion as you seem to be, I would be upset as well. Usually, sorting things out with the principles involved solves the "problem". If you express your concerns and (hopefully reduced) agitation and displeasure to the school and your issues are not resolved to your satisfaction, you can "up the ante" by changing schools or finding a private tutor.

A lawsuit MAY work in this case. Let us know how that goes if you decide to pursue litigious recourse. The biometric scanner thing actually sounds more ominous to me than the religious indoctrination you proclaim occurred. It's a little confusing to me why the RE would have you more riled up than the biometric scanning without your knowledge or permission but maybe that's just me.

See people, Christians are more to be railed against than the NWO and a totalitarian government. *sarcasm off*

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I consider myself a Christian, and I also believe in the separation of Church and State (here, and anywhere else it may apply) If it is a State funded education.. payed for by citizens, then there is no need to place any religion in the system. I understand this is not your situation, but I felt it relevant to say that.

Now, I don't put much weight in organized religion, as my relationship with God has nothing to do with outside influence. Some find Church necessary for the common bond and social aspect, but no one can teach you your beliefs better than your heart can.

I, as a Christian, apologize for any and all things done in Christ's name that has a negative effect on anyones life.

I offer my testimony to anyone that would like to hear, but I never 'bring it up'. This is not hundreds of years ago when certain religions needed to spread what they believe. In todays world, that information is well known and available to all that seek to find out more. "spreading the gospel" is no longer needed, IMHO.

Good luck to the OP, I hope you are able to find a good education for your daughter, and I hope that it is something that is good for the two of you.

Peace and love for others was the message that Jesus shared with me, therefore that is all I wish to share with others.

Peace and Love,
Brooks

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Matthew 19:14

14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 18:1

1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

Many posters here on ATS will be aware that I have posted several times in response to the subject of xtanity. I have, I hope made it clear in my posts that however repugnant or childish I find Christianity I would not try to deny a Christian the right to believe what they wish or force my own beliefs upon them or their children.

Time and again I’ve heard apologist whine things like “real Christians don’t do this or that” or “We just politely offer the word and if people reject it they can walk away”.

BOLLOCKS. !!!

And here’s why -

As of recent my child started comprehensive school in Wales UK, the school is classified as a secular school. If I wanted my child to attend a religious school I would have enrolled my child at a religious school.

Over a period of time my child has been mentioning xtianity, whilst discussing her school work and asks many questions in relation to this subject and also other religions, and the assumption was this was in relation to Religious Education which is part of the curriculum.

To cut a long story shorter my child not only had to learn about xtainity in RE class, which was taught by a Christian for half an hour a week for SEVEN MONTHS, where she was informed by the teacher that Jesus Christ is a very real person and god but also had to take part in the worship of this god twice a week.

I have only recently learned that on the first day she started this “Secular” school that along with her books, diaries that she was given there was also a “BIBLE”!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was very pissed off indeed with xtian propaganda being shoved down my child’s throat, and contacted the school.

So far as I’ve been able to ascertain, my child’s head of year, deputy head, headmaster and many are of xtian persuasion and so far these people are adamant that should I not want my child to be involved in their beliefs or worship, then they are willing to “SEGREGATE” her from the activities in which have this religious worship is somehow imposed upon them.

I have also learned today much to my horror that, without any parental consent whatsoever, this school has been using Vericool biometric fingerprinting of my child.

As of this week I am fighting back, I've had enough this is war I'm now going to use every last drop of energy I have in me, to publicly debunk Christianity in front of young people.

I would be grateful if any other ATSers who sympathize with my position could kindly give me help with "None hate inciting" propaganda material, such as posters etc so I can just print off as I'm no good at the stuff.
As I somehow I don't think AshleyD will contribute with her most excellent art work.

My comments a few messages up were directed to you mainly, so please take the time to read. Again, I'm sorry for what you are going through.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OP has some kind of personal problem with Christianity, or he would not be so upset about the teaching. He has not revealed that hangup to us, so we can not fully understand where he is coming from.

I have personally seen Jesus Christ, as have others I have met in my life. It is not a question of faith with me anymore. My testimony is here:
www.carm.org...

If you have been maligned by Christians, please don't let their malpractice affect your confidence in the gospel of Jesus Christ. As history will tell you, no matter what the belief, whenever people get absolute power, they become corrupted. I believe that happens to those who are not truly saved. If you are truly saved, your life changes and you love your fellow man. You would do anything to help them.

If you could eradicate this faith, which you can't, you would eradicate one of the biggest sources of good on earth. Would that work better for you? If not, let's take away some of the benefits you now receive because of this greater good:

Keep working on weekends.
Women stop voting or being treated humanely, be treated as property.
Eliminate the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of Independence because the men of faith would not have faith.
Eliminate the Magna Carta, the British version of the rights of men, the first paper delivering democracy to the common man.
Re-institute slavery.
Re-institute debtors prison.
Re-institute the death penalty.
Eliminate charitable giving.
Bring back torture.
Eliminate usury laws.
Eliminate laws reflecting moral conduct.
Tear up the Mayflower Compact.
Keep the Puritans in England.
Prevent Christopher Columbus from sailing.
Massacre all the natives on all the discovered continents.
Allow all religious views, including those involving cannibalism and pedophilia, polygamy, sacrifice and others.
Let people be cold, lacking compassion, and let them dispatch anyone who disagrees.

To name a few.

Let's turn back the clock. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world?

I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If what you say about this school is true (finger-printing etc.) then that is worrying. Research schools in the area or not too far from where you live before you enrol your child there. For example, write down on a piece of paper all the things that worry you about the current school's practices, and prepare a questionnaire for other schools before you preview.

If you feel this current school is not good for your own daughter's maturation, then listen to your heart and find somewhere else. Of course also sit down and talk with your daughter about these things and let her know your concerns and ask for her opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I see this outrage, and I honestly don't get it. The influence from Christianity is minuscule when compared to other influences on children. I mean c'mon, some kids grow up with almost NO exposure, whatsoever. No one is "shoving" anything down anyone's throats when it comes to Christianity, honestly.

Yet, people like getting in a tizzy because people enjoy feeling outraged, I think.

Daily, television and computers corrupts kids more than a religion ever could. And yet people want to have a complete fit because a religion that promotes treating everyone as equals, being fair and compassionate, and turning the other cheek as it were, might occasionally be encountered by their children. Oh no!

Why such hated outrage for this, when there are much, MUCH worse things to be upset over?

I almost NEVER find a pamphlet on my car or attached to my door. I have someone stop by maybe once a year, and a simple "I'm not interested in hearing this, sorry" suffices. I am not pressured, EVER. I wasn't growing up, and I am not now. And yet somehow, this is a horrible evil being 'forced' on our children.

Perspective.. I wish some folks would get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join