It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As a non-Christian I absolutely know for a fact taking religion out of school was the biggest and dumbest mistake ever made by my country.

How people like moocow who completely talk out of their necks have become the mainstream ideas people seem to gravitate towards and whose hateful voice is looked to as agreeable concepts and ideas is freaken beyond me. He forces his hatred onto his children and people within this thread encourage that sickness and his message of hate towards a religious belief is an OUTRAGE! How freaken embarrassing as a human being to see this man can teach his children to hate simply because of a belief he does not agree with. I'm pretty damn sure moocowman would have made a damn good concentration camp officer!

Posts likes this hateful nonsense is disgusting, and ATS ought to be ashamed for allowing this hate to fill their websites day in and day out. Its seems to hate Christians and Jews on this site is the "in", thing around here and I for one am freaken sick of it!

What a complete embarrassment!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you
As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

Well bring it on big boy, show me what you got...................

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
You have to remember, for a Christian, knowing a non-believer is like watching your buddy run blind-folded off a cliff. You will do ANYTHING in your power to stop them. Unfortunately, today, we are forced to watch and cheer on our peers as they jump to their death-- because they refuse to remove the blind-fold.

It is this very ARROGANCE that made me realise how disturbing christianity really is. Having spent my entire youth programmed to simply accept these stories as truth, told never to question it, and that god has existed for all of time without any logic behind these 'truths' I decided to think for myself. Once and for all, I dropped the blind belief and started to look. It's amazing what you can see when you take your blinkers off.

So, perhaps the blindfold is on you, and not the other way around? Simply because it seems you cannot see beyond your bible, whereas I've seen it, saw the contradictions in it, saw the problems religion as a whole causes the entire world, and have settled on just living my life without the hindrances your god wants me to endure in order to enter heaven.

If the only people up in that place are self-righteous finger pointers, I think I'd prefer the alternative. Who cares if the beer is warm.

The man doesn't want his child force fed a belief that he is quite allowed to disapprove of and has taken measures to prevent - only to find that regardless they are still being lead down the 'path'.. Quite justifiably he has had enough.

Yet, the jolly god lot equate that to blind anger in a spiritually suicidal death roll off the face of the earth into hell.....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Isn't there laws against this kind of thing in the U.K.? In the states travesties like this are against the law in public schools not in private schools however. I can only imagine how I would react if I was in your situation. I'm getting angrier by the minute thinking of such mindless imposition by a bunch of robot religious freaks. Hang in there and hopefully you will be able to find a sensible school for your child. Good Luck and Steady On.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm starting to have a different picture of the OP. It’s a picture of someone so hyper sensitive to religion that even something along the lines of a “god bless you” by a stranger after she sneezes and she would feel that religion is threatening/invading her life.

I’m getting a picture of a teacher that feels that god does exist and she offhandedly expresses something along that lines and the OP is enraged with a “how dare she!”. There isn't a religion that threatens me and I really don’t care if any of my kids learn about other ones that I totally do not believe in, in any way. Hell I’m a conservative and my kids are surrounded by liberal teachers, and saying a teacher is just a liberal, I’m being kind… its like saying a shark is just a fish.... ”how dare that teacher tell my kid a liberal ideal!” Damnit, my kid might one day vote…dare I say….democratic…oh the horror...

Oh, they played that stupid global warming/Gore movie in school and I had to provide the other side of the story…come on people give me 25 stars like the OP has…my trials and tribulations in raising my kids with only my beliefs are just as great.

What? One or two stars at most?

I think a lot of you that stared the OP needs to show a lot more tolerance in your fellowman than what you most likely accuse others of not having because of their religion.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Fast-forward 50 years and we have passionate arguments about Christianity, Islam, and others inflaming the globe, the internet, and school districts...religious books are best-sellers, and everyone seems to have a strong opinion one way or the other on the topic. Many see the world as in the midst of an almost neo-medieval Christian-versus-Islam global clash of cultures. The resurgance of religion in public life is amazing.

If anyone would take the time to read and comprehend Revelations you will find that in the end times there is an explosion of Christianity, mostly false but an explosion noin the less.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

So, perhaps the blindfold is on you, and not the other way around? Simply because it seems you cannot see beyond your bible, whereas I've seen it, saw the contradictions in it, saw the problems religion as a whole causes the entire world, and have settled on just living my life without the hindrances your god wants me to endure in order to enter heaven.

There is nothing in the Bible that is contradictory, It is your inability to comprehend the Bible that makes it seem contradictory to you. If you want to prove the people of God wrong study the Bible with open heart like a child, then maybe you will only prove yourself wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
QUESTION????
THE ILLUMINATI(you know) the people that are orchestrating the economic collapse? that perpetrated 911, 1st world trade center bombing, Oklahoma city, 7/7, Madrid bombing, sinking of the Lusitania, World war 1, World War 2? (You know) the ones that built FEMA CAMPS for you? the ones responsible for all the wars fought over money and control since the beginning of time? (You know) the ones spraying our skies with their toxins, poisoning all our food with GMO? (you know) the ones killing our kids with toxic vaccines? You know the ones that are splicing animals with human DNA? I can go on writing their evil crimes here for ever, You get the point!
HEY THEY BELIEVE IN LUCIFER! HEY BUT THAT'S OK RIGHT???
They erect pagan statues, signs and logos all around you. It's on all our government buildings, on the churches, It's on your TV, in your music, Hollywood flaunts it in your face.
Do you see them?
HEY HELLO???
DO YOU SEE THEM???
Calling on spirits at bohemian grove? preforming rituals? Hey but that's ok?
The leaders of this world? Leaders of all our institutions? You trust them to lead you? Well they are leading you and your children right to hell!
Does all this sound strange to you??? But BOY say the name JESUS WOW your a whack job! Guess what??? Lucifer DOES EXIST AND SO DOES JESUS!
I got more news for you, you are either spiritually blind or live under a rock if you can't see "REVELATION" occurring right before your eyes!
But wait???? I bet you never read Revelation? So I guess your opinion doesn't really count for anything. RELIGION DIDN'T KILL ANYBODY, MAN'S GREED AND IGNORANCE DID! SO GET OFF OF IT! I AM SICK OF HEARING THAT COP OUT OF A EXCUSE!
You believe in Ufos? spirits? ghosts? the paranormal? Well I got even more news for you the "BIBLE" is the most paranormal supernatural book you will ever read. But only the ones that can understand it can SEE IT!
WE ARE IN THE END DAYS! AND MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON THE UNBELIEVERS SOULS.
"The greatest trick Lucifer ever played was making you believe he doesn't exist"
THE JOKES ON YOU!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

It is this very ARROGANCE that made me realise how disturbing christianity really is.

Shhh, I'll tell you a secret...

Don't tell anyone else, but religion is not disturbing its people that are disturbing. If someone is using religion in a disturbing way it is because they are using it as a tool for their own purposes. Christianity doesn’t teach all the stuff that people do, they are just people doing what people do. If a priest rapes a boy it has nothing to do with his religion no matter what he might say. If a church decides to look the other way then the blood is on their hands and god (if he exists) will deal with it.

If your parents beat religion into you then once again it is on them. Just because we humans corrupt much around us doesn’t mean religion is corrupt, and whether you believe in a god or not most religions have a lot of wisdom imbedded in their writings that work for both religious and non-religious alike.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Good : Christianity tells about being good and behave with others like you want them to behave with you. Ok with that

Very bad : puts the fear of hell and the desire to go to heaven in children's minds. This is really evil. It may take years to escape these things. Or it may never happen...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by moocowman
Mate, I don't give a monkeys what flavor xtian phelps is.

That you think he's a christian at all, that you refuse to use the word, tells me volumes.

He is as much a representative of your faith as a christian, as a local priest in a church near me is of mine as an atheist.

Get the point now?

That being the OP has put his child into a secular educational environment with the desire to avoid any religious brainwashing, yet it was still being taught. It does not matter WHO is teaching WHAT, but that it is against the wishes of the OP - much like if you found your child being forced to endure religious education classes under phelps.

Which I find with your next statement, 'tells volumes' about you and your previous comments.

Clearly you would object to Mr Phelps forcing your children to worship with him or your children turning out like his ?

No one can force my daughter to worship with him. You see, someone like me would die for my beliefs before yielding, but we might pray FOR him WITH him. Hopefully my daughter would have the same strength of character.

Isn't this that hypocrisy that christians are often ascribing onto non-christians?

You would die before letting your daughter be taught religion under phelps - yet if the OP states a similar opinion about your flavour of RE and HIS daughter, then he is a blind fool and ignorant for allowing his daughter to grow up with immoral values?

Would you deny me the same the same objection as yours ?

To be frank, I don't believe your story is 100% true, I suspect you exaggerated the incident out of your own personal biases which show through in every single post.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ngchunter]

Interesting that you feel the need to find nefarious intentions in the OP in order to come across the moral victor in this...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
apparently many of you can't read. Moocowman clearly stated that this religious education class has been focusing on one religion for nearly an entire year. coupled with stating religious belief as actual fact in a public school. also with segregation from classmates during the class as being the only options available to the child. that is his gripe. and he also clearly said he'd be upset in the same way if it was another religion that was being foisted upon his child as fact. funny how many of you gloss over that.

seems strange to me for a class about religious education(there are other religions in the world besides christianity)to dedicate so much time to one specific religion. there are literally dozens of other religions alive and well today that they could be learning about as well.

i guess the facts are only pertinent when it's not your religion that's being taught.

and all you people proclaiming, basically, that christianity is the be all end all of morality, then bemoaning those who are critical of your beliefs.....hypocrisy is a funny thing i guess

to op:
I don't know the laws in wales, but here in the U.S. such a thing would be illegal, and for good reason, it's unconstitutional, separation of church and state. is it the same there in wales moocowman?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
QUESTION????
THE ILLUMINATI(you know) the people that are orchestrating the economic collapse? that perpetrated 911, 1st world trade center bombing, Oklahoma city, 7/7, Madrid bombing, sinking of the Lusitania, World war 1, World War 2? (You know) the ones that built FEMA CAMPS for you? the ones responsible for all the wars fought over money and control since the beginning of time? (You know) the ones spraying our skies with their toxins, poisoning all our food with GMO? (you know) the ones killing our kids with toxic vaccines? You know the ones that are splicing animals with human DNA? I can go on writing their evil crimes here for ever, You get the point!
HEY THEY BELIEVE IN LUCIFER! HEY BUT THAT'S OK RIGHT???
They erect pagan statues, signs and logos all around you. It's on all our government buildings, on the churches, It's on your TV, in your music, Hollywood flaunts it in your face.
Do you see them?
HEY HELLO???
DO YOU SEE THEM???
Calling on spirits at bohemian grove? preforming rituals? Hey but that's ok?
The leaders of this world? Leaders of all our institutions? You trust them to lead you? Well they are leading you and your children right to hell!
Does all this sound strange to you??? But BOY say the name JESUS WOW your a whack job! Guess what??? Lucifer DOES EXIST AND SO DOES JESUS!
I got more news for you, you are either spiritually blind or live under a rock if you can't see "REVELATION" occurring right before your eyes!
But wait???? I bet you never read Revelation? So I guess your opinion doesn't really count for anything. RELIGION DIDN'T KILL ANYBODY, MAN'S GREED AND IGNORANCE DID! SO GET OFF OF IT! I AM SICK OF HEARING THAT COP OUT OF A EXCUSE!
You believe in Ufos? spirits? ghosts? the paranormal? Well I got even more news for you the "BIBLE" is the most paranormal supernatural book you will ever read. But only the ones that can understand it can SEE IT!
WE ARE IN THE END DAYS! AND MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON THE UNBELIEVERS SOULS.
"The greatest trick Lucifer ever played was making you believe he doesn't exist"
THE JOKES ON YOU!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

religion is one of the most powerful memes in all of human history (maybe THE most powerful).

meme research is pretty new. if you do not know of the research on memes: it was named to rhyme with "gene". in other words, it is a self-replicating unit containing coded information.

it has a mind of its own, and it actually uses the minds of living beings to replicate itself upon, much like a virus (which is another form of self-replicating entity).

what this implies is the exact opposite of what you just said. in meme theory, it is the humans whom are perfectly harmless and are being acted upon by the religion, which is doing whatever it must to ensure its own survival.

it must be cut out as a virus or cancer, in order for the human race to survive.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This thread started out as, and has lived its life as, a crap-flinging contest. Is it possible for ATS to have a calm, well-mannered discussion about Christianity. or indeed, any religion? Sure, some ATS'ers out there understand the need for moderation, but it seems the majority on this thread are fanatics of one extreme or another, hell-bent on ridiculing one-another.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

meme research is pretty new. if you do not know of the research on memes: it was named to rhyme with "gene". in other words, it is a self-replicating unit containing coded information.

it has a mind of its own, and it actually uses the minds of living beings to replicate itself upon, much like a virus (which is another form of self-replicating entity).

what this implies is the exact opposite of what you just said. in meme theory, it is the humans whom are perfectly harmless and are being acted upon by the religion, which is doing whatever it must to ensure its own survival.

it must be cut out as a virus or cancer, in order for the human race to survive.

So it can be replaced with what nationalism?

There will always be a replacement, it is how we are. At least religion has a moral base to it. The Christian Crusades killed 2.5 million over centuries, and it would be hard to say it was for Christianity and not politics and greed.

China, non religious nationalism…100 million killed….Russia…nonreligious nationalism 40 million, Laos, same thing 2.5 million in a few years.

Pick your poison my friend…

Oh BTW the biggest charity contributions to the world is Christianity orgs. They dwarf all countries combine, but the US, gives every years.

You see only what you want to see….

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You know what...

I'm divorced, my ex wife has christianified the kids ROFL

for about a second... it pissed me off, probably for many the same reasons...

But then it occurred to me... IF all BELIEF is... is a coping mechanism to deal with death, and the kids want to believe it for now... big deal

Because I remembered when i was 8, I took it very seriously as a kid, I reallly wanted to believe in G-d, it was comforting

and no one is fanaticising my kids or yours...

I let her get away with Santa too...

MY beliefs are

COMPLEX

and wont go into them here

I'm just sayin

a kid learning some religion is okay... if it comforts them at a time in life, when.... yeah they fear the frack out of death and it helps a much simpler person, feel okay...for now

Then let a child sleep at night

in time his or her OWN intelligence will dictate who they are....

Todays real religion psychology would have you think as a parent you determine sooooo much

On kid 3...

I assure you rofl

You matter, you can push something on the wall one way or another...

But you can't actually change a damn thing

so,

Chill out OP

you have no worries, Just be honest about what you believe

YOUR WORD... will carry soooooooo much more weight, if you are above it

Don't get me wrong... my children will never be hardcore indoctrinated...over my life, my blood

But school teachings... If your kid is bright, they don't matter

and if not...

Ask yourself this

If your kid NEEDS it... what will you do, if they aren't you, Cause them pain?

Would you pull your child out of the Matrix IF you thought they weren't going to handle it and meltdown?

Should you?

I wouldn't

Respect and COMPASSION for the needs of other along the path is EVERYTHING

I know Santa isn't real... but it sure made them feel good

we want our kids to follow our lead and... it's half your genetics

No amount of "teaching" could alter me from my own opinions

Your child will wake up... if he/she can

and if not, let them Dream in peace...because you love them

They are not after all YOURS to control, another grand mistake on the path of Love

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It sounds to me like the OP is scared to death that his child might find something he's been running away from for most of his adult life - a relationship with God.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

To cut a long story shorter my child not only had to learn about xtainity in RE class, which was taught by a Christian for half an hour a week for SEVEN MONTHS, where she was informed by the teacher that Jesus Christ is a very real person and god but also had to take part in the worship of this god twice a week.

I can understand your point of view, perhaps more than most on this board as I live in Britain myself. However, I think most of your worries are unfounded despite how dubious all this seems. I'm not a Christian or Christian apologist by any means.

The basis of my argument - or perhaps 'proof' - is actually all around you on a daily basis. Christianity has very, very little influence in Britain these days. Whilst it's on the rise in some relatively tiny demographics such as African immigrants, despite school-based 'brain-washing', Christian belief or perhaps any kind of organised religious belief is like water off a ducks back by the time they are in their teens.

Younger children might find Christian religion mind-blowing, logical (apparently there's an answer for everything in the bible) and inspiring. However, by the time they hit their teens when hormones and an interest in pop-culture and peer-pressure begin to kick in, Christianity will be perceived - just like it was for our generations - as lame and uncool as it gets. Any influence that's being imbued here is going to be off-set by a whole myriad of influences from elsewhere. Influences that are going to be more powerful. The only way Christian thought here is going to get a foothold is if there's a cultural void in your child's life - such as no television/internet/games, no friends, no hobbies and so on.

Seriously moocowman, give your child a little credit and pardon the pun, a little 'faith'. You obviously didn't 'fall' for Christianity - or else this thread wouldn't exist - so why do you think your child will? Your child might have a little more indoctrination than you had, but it's also more likely that your child has more 'distractions' and off-sets too.

I have only recently learned that on the first day she started this “Secular” school that along with her books, diaries that she was given there was also a “BIBLE”!!!!!!!!

I went to a grammar school in the 1970s and 1980s and we had a school 'pocket' bible that we were meant to carry around with us in our blazers at all times. All that it was ever used for was as a weapon. We used to put half a pencil down the spine and it became a very effective mini-club which was used to enforce the 'fag' system used for bullying and exploiting the younger pupils.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Moocowman,
I'm a Christian, not an xtian or any other insulting term you want to degrade Christians with--understand?. Disagree with and debate Christianity all you like but please keep it civil and respectful or risk losing credibility for your position.

Now that we have THAT out of the way, allow me to say I understand your outrage about both the religious indoctrination and the fingerprinting. Both go beyond the line I would be comfortable with, myself. Especially if you specifically chose this school and paid these teachers under the promise that they would provide a thoroughly secular education to your child. There is a huge difference between teaching children about religions and proselytizing. For example I would not object to my daughter being taught about pagan beliefs but I would be upset if she were put in the position of having to participate in a pagan rite or face segregation. What they are offering your daughter is certainly NOT acceptable to me, either. Teaching about diverse religions and cultures is truly educational but proselytizing has no place in a public school serving a diverse student body or a private one billling itself as secular.

IMO, your outrage is justified, to a point. However bigoted "terms of non-endearment" and blanket denunciations are not justified. And there is no need to declare war or get revenge on Christians at large. This is between you and the school. You have many dignified options, like a lawsuit, or finding another school, or just a simple discussion about your concerns. Start simple and escalate as needed.

As regards my own child, who is a preschooler, I have told her what my Christian beliefs are. I have also told her there are many other belief systems out there and that she is free to learn about all of them, but I hope that by my example of how my faith has enriched my life, she will find strength and fulfillment in Christianity. I feel if I do my job of setting a good example and living my beliefs, as well as teaching my daughter criticial thinking and discernment, there is no need to fear from any outside indoctrinating influence. I believe you feel the same way in how you're trying to raise your child. The only outside issue I would "fear" and react strongly to is coercion. And that is why I post my support for you. If they're downgrading your daughter's papers simply because she isn't accepting the beliefs they're trying to push on her, that is wrong. I don't care if their beliefs are supposedly the same as my own. Christianity is supposed to stand on its own merits and does not need to be force fed to anyone. Christ himself would not stand for that. Not the Christ I know and love, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join