It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

yikes, what's with all the "christians are rich" commentary? i'm a christian and struggled almost my entire life with various levels of poverty. so did my parents and my brother, although my sister did pretty well for herself, it took her years to get to that place and only after she had written over 20 books.

i don't understand how this ends up being somehow a christian thing. for every rich christian, you're going to find just as many (if not more) people of other persuasons that are rich. is bill gates a christian? Anybody know? think the movie stars, rock stars, and famous novellists like stephen king are christians? what about the guys on the federal reserve. think they are christians? how about the oil shieks? who owns the central bank of the soviet union? christians?

did you know that the top ten richest people of the world list is composed of several hindus and a few non-descript (religiously) people?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

My family are Wiccan, or something like that,

Priceless absolutely priceless

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

As I see it. Your problem should be with the school. Not christianity. The school has introduced christianity, the organisation that is the school.

Dude you missed the point, the teaching staff are the school who happen to be christians.

If the teaching staff were Islamic I would be declaring war upon Islam, but supposedly christian countries have already done that for me LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cooler
when i was a child my parents did not follow any religion & never forced any religion on me, they just said i could make my own mind up when i was older. but in my school, at assembly all the children had to sing hyms from the bible, & there were christian classes, now as an adult i also dont follow any religion, so i guess the schools christian classes didnt brainwash me into any faith, so i dont see your arguement has much strength, & when you look at the uk majority, the christian church doesnt get much support in attedances, so this also shows that your fears against christianity are pretty unfounded.

I've made a similar point to you several pages back. Most people in British secular schools has assemblies, religious education and so on and like the overwhelming majority of people that went through similar experiences, I didn't turn out a Christian either. This is part of my reasoning as to whether England or Wales are actually Christian countries as there don't seem to be that many practising Christians.

However, much of what Moocowman is saying is about intent and transparency. Whether they actually achieve their goals in creating little Christians is not the point, it's whether this is their intent or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
As of today I am now totally and utterly pissed off by the attempts of deluded xtians trying to infiltrate the lives of my children and force, their ridiculous repugnant beliefs down my children’s throats.

Many posters here on ATS will be aware that I have posted several times in response to the subject of xtanity. I have, I hope made it clear in my posts that however repugnant or childish I find Christianity I would not try to deny a Christian the right to believe what they wish or force my own beliefs upon them or their children.

Time and again I’ve heard apologist whine things like “real Christians don’t do this or that” or “We just politely offer the word and if people reject it they can walk away”.

BOLLOCKS. !!!

And here’s why -

As of recent my child started comprehensive school in Wales UK, the school is classified as a secular school. If I wanted my child to attend a religious school I would have enrolled my child at a religious school.

Over a period of time my child has been mentioning xtianity, whilst discussing her school work and asks many questions in relation to this subject and also other religions, and the assumption was this was in relation to Religious Education which is part of the curriculum.

To cut a long story shorter my child not only had to learn about xtainity in RE class, which was taught by a Christian for half an hour a week for SEVEN MONTHS, where she was informed by the teacher that Jesus Christ is a very real person and god but also had to take part in the worship of this god twice a week.

I have only recently learned that on the first day she started this “Secular” school that along with her books, diaries that she was given there was also a “BIBLE”!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was very pissed off indeed with xtian propaganda being shoved down my child’s throat, and contacted the school.

So far as I’ve been able to ascertain, my child’s head of year, deputy head, headmaster and many are of xtian persuasion and so far these people are adamant that should I not want my child to be involved in their beliefs or worship, then they are willing to “SEGREGATE” her from the activities in which have this religious worship is somehow imposed upon them.

I have also learned today much to my horror that, without any parental consent whatsoever, this school has been using Vericool biometric fingerprinting of my child.

As of this week I am fighting back, I've had enough this is war I'm now going to use every last drop of energy I have in me, to publicly debunk Christianity in front of young people.

I would be grateful if any other ATSers who sympathize with my position could kindly give me help with "None hate inciting" propaganda material, such as posters etc so I can just print off as I'm no good at the stuff.
As I somehow I don't think AshleyD will contribute with her most excellent art work.

Quite simply organised religion is the most disgusting thing on this planet - an abhorrent violation of the human mind, the manipulation of society as a whole and perverse abuse of the good will of people, it is a vile fraud. I have no qualms about expressing what is clearly the truth on this matter and blinding ignorance of religious dullards have no refuge in freedom of expression or any other universal right in order to further spread their debilitating sickness.

The world is finally waking up to the reality of this profoundly immoral sociopathic past time and rejecting it all its twisted forms. I have absolutely no time for any reasonable debate or arguments on the subject as it is simply utterly dismissed out of hand - as it should be.

The only place religion has any deserving place to exist is in the museums and history books to serve as a stark reminder of the evils which humanity will inflict upon itself in pursuit of power and control.

You position is clear as day : I woul dbe immediately taking this up with the civil liberties council, freedom of information acts, I would initiate IMMEDIATE legal injunctions against this school and the board of education - it takes all of us to do this.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Consider this.
How many people knew how to read or write back then?
Most information was word of mouth.
How easy would it be to twist things around over time?
Who where the privileged few able to read or write?
The answer... Priests...Oh SNAP!
What else you got?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by wylekat

Just to put the cat among the pigeons: I'm not keen on any religion being taught in schools. (What concerns me is someone having a specific aversion to children learning about what Christ taught.)

I wouldn't say that Moocowman has a specific aversion to what Christ taught. It's about Christian teachers potentially abusing their position in a secular school. It seems that much of what is happening with Moocowman's daughter's education isn't quite matching what was 'advertised'.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
hello OP, how do you like this one:

"Parents face possible court action for withdrawing their children from lessons on gay and lesbian history.

More than 30 pupils were pulled out of a week of teaching at a primary school which included books about homosexual partnerships.

The controversial content was worked into the curriculum at George Tomlinson School in Waltham Forest, East London."

somehow I belive that you have nothing against it, do you?

you can find more here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

they couldn't twist that around cause the two words don't even sound the same phonetically. i looked it up in the egyptian hieroglyphs. the glpyh for sun and son are different, and the way they were pronounced in egyptian was also different.

in fact, i did some really indepth research on RA (RE) and turns out he was not a sun god either. and the red disk on hathor's head is not the sun, but mars. and so on and so on.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I still believe you are missing the point. You knew (or I would presume you knew) your daughter was going to have such a class.

Unfortunately it is you (perhaps I overcomplicated my point by introducing the class) at this time who misunderstand.

The RE class is an issue yes and you're correct I was aware blah blah, I do have an issue in it's relation but we'll leave that aside for the purpose of this response.

What grabs my balls is that I was unaware that my child was involved in a religious worship of a deity prescribed by the school. This is separate to RE lessons and is not education but indoctrination which is totally unacceptable.

Religious worship irrelevant of what is being worshiped is not multicultural religious education and if a single object of worship is chosen then this becomes indoctrination.

Once again, the adults involved just happen to be xtian they could worship the flying teapot or the shoefairy, that is not the point, what is the point is that they force the shoefairy god upon my child.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Perhaps it should be worded, that there are good people that just happen to be Christians ?

If we can get away from 'religion', Christ mixed with / moved amongst the 'dregs' of society, and gave them something worth living for. The 'respectable' lot were those who kidded themselves they were a cut above & therefore disqualified themselves from becoming his followers.

Likewise today there are ultimately no 'good' Christians. Just those who are sincere, having turned to follow Christ, and those who appear to be Christians, but are in it for what they can get.

[edit on 8/3/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

indoctrination which is totally unacceptable.

i agree, indoctrination is BAD. teaching on a subject people need to know for the purposes of living on the planet, is GOOD. it's a social and religious issue and if it were taught like that, it wouldn't be such a sore spot (provided it wasn't taught solely for the purpose of tearing it down). where they appear to have over stepped the bounds is in inflicting prayer (the segregation issue is a given. if she doesn't want to learn it, she will have to be in a different class. can't very well stay in the same class. logic, ya know)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by undo]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well good for you...
Now tell me what does it sound like when it gets translated to uhm..
What language is this? Oh yeah! ENGLISH.
Comprende Amego?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

the bible wasn't written in english. and the words you are referring to being the same (son and sun) were never sound alikes. english is the new kid on the block.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The day is coming when we will all WISH, even us non Christians, that we were surrounded by Christians and that the church and state weren't so separated.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Parents have a legal right to withdraw their children from religious education and sex education lessons – apart from science lessons which cover biological reproduction as part of the national curriculum.

So ? yes I do agree with the rights of the parents to withdraw their children in such cases.

Shame this is not currently extend to my child without fear of segregation by the xtian staff.

My kids are fully aware of things like sex before teachers speak about it, if a teacher gives my child info that I disagree with then I take it up with the teachers, ditto religion my kids are being made more aware of religious people trying to ram their beliefs down throats.

Two wrongs don't make a right my friend

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by atlasastro

As I see it. Your problem should be with the school. Not christianity. The school has introduced christianity, the organisation that is the school.

Dude you missed the point, the teaching staff are the school who happen to be christians.

If the teaching staff were Islamic I would be declaring war upon Islam, but supposedly christian countries have already done that for me LOL

And your point is, that the school that is SECULAR, not CHRISTIAN, allowed your children to be forced to be taught something. The school, SECULAR. The teacher in the school, SECULAR, the teacher in the school hired by the school that is SECULAR, where you sent your children. This is chritianity's fault? Ok. Sure.

I don't see how the christian teacher would have gotten away with forcing kids in a SECULAR school without inccuring the massive legal consequences.
I ain't buying it. This would be gross breaches of the Education System, you should be on the News for this.

I just looked at your countries education statute. RE is compulsory in all schools.
This has nothing to do with Christianity.
Start a war with the Government.

At its best, RE equips pupils very well to consider issues of community cohesion, diversity and religious understanding. It contributes significantly to pupils’ academic progress and their personal development. This is one reason why pupils’ attitudes towards the subject have improved. Older pupils, in particular, believe that RE provides opportunities to discuss issues which matter to them and encourages them to respect differences of opinion and belief.”
OFSTED 2007

Its probably best if you stick to your RE education of your children, one that involves war. Cool as dude.
Actually, you should leave them in RE as statistically they will have a better chance of turning out like you.

To the statement "R.E. is boring", 53% answered yes, with only 29 per cent saying no.”

National Secular Society (2004)
Question Yes No
RE is boring 53% 29%
RE helps me find the rules to live by 14% 60%
RE helps me lead a better life 9% 68%
Studying the Bible is boring 63% 16%
RE helps me believe in God 11% 68%
I like to learn about God very much 10% 67%

I hazard the guess that religious education lends itself to animosity towards religion on behalf of the students.
What are you worried about. Chill.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

just to clarify: is this one class she has among many, or is she with the same teacher all day and part of the class is composed of teaching about christianity?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
At the end of the day, nothing here is particularly Christianity as a whole's fault.

It's more the schooling systems - slowly destroying the creativity and free choice/free will of children, in every respect, not just religion (although I do think indoctrination into a religion is the most evil thing to come out of the schooling system on the whole).

What use is free will when you are unable to use it?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join