It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

While subscribing whole heartedly to the Cult of Atheism. Even if you answer a question with a no you are still answering the question.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Always for material gains. But that part is left out by those seeking to scapegoat religion for all mankind's nastiness.

Oh, so the fact people were manipulated with faith to murder for god excuses all of christianities horrible past crimes. Were not looking for scapegoats, were simply asking for people of faith to realize they can be manipulated into doing terrible things under the name of god. History proves it time and again.

GW Bush said god talks to him, and look at the state of the world today. Boy, he must have been given some good advise.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ragman

And you feel that you must "convert" us it seems.

I feel that these people from 2000-2100 years ago had no such super powers and were just humans, except much more stupid than we are today.

Regardless of that, had a very big change in thought WITH the idea of Christianity.

It is not the ideas of love, sharing, etc, that some of us hate. It is the idea that there is SO much evidence AGAINST the religion, but it is still being taught as if it was entirely true.

Once evolution and the age (4 billion years plus) of the earth is disproved with more evidence than what supports it, then I will no longer believe in it.

Nothing is absolute. But I will take the idea that has a much higher percentage of being true than the thing that has been proved wrong (when taken literally, the bible) countless of times.

I will say though, whatever "created" the universe, is something none of us can comprehend. But I KNOW it is not what is depicted in the bible.

OP, I can fully understand your frustration. They should be teaching your kid things that will actually help him in the future. Math, reading, writing, etc.

No matter what one religion someone believes, it is not the schools duty to enforce it into the kids heads unless it is a religious school.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Can you think of no other item that is used to manipulate people? Allow me to provide just one, nationalism. Yet I do not hear you railing against nationalism.

And they did not enforce it. They allowed those kids that believed in it to express their beliefs and did not make the ones that did not participate.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jed1Knight

To call Christianity childish, or any religion, really does show that you sir, are a true child. You appear to demonstrate that you certainly have not evolved, and certainly never will do. People with similar extremist views like yourself decide to blow up other people, or blow up buildings to prove their points, to satisfy their war on another religion. Im certainly not saying that you want to do that. But can you not see that religion causes tention.

I'm evolved enough to to notice that religion having had thousands of years of practice, has not achieved what its alleged to be designed to do, I observe that in my opinion religion does not work and seems to have the opposite effect of its supposed purpose.

All I have asked is the freedom to be free of religion, and this is being denied me and mine by religions, it just so happens that the religion, that is doing it in this instance is xtianity.

How does the saying go ? " We did not land on Plymouth Rock -------"

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by moocowman

What religion teaches this hatred and talk of war? Not Christianity.

Are you a Musslim?

Such a hypocritical question. Have you read history. Christian history. I dont think so, because if you had, you would realize how much death and war Christanity has caused.

Why dont you start with the Malleus Maleficarum, then come back and tell us all how peaceful christians are.

There was a lack of education and books, even long after the invention of the printing press which was in 1440 A.D. People were in the dark as far as what the Bible says and what Jesus taught. So how can you use such past history as a reason to HATE Christianity today. We Christians had nothing to do with what went on way back when.

So I don't think it's a hypocritical question at all. I know what Jesus taught and what true Christianity teaches: the way of divine Truth, Justice, Righteousness, Love, Humility, Meekness, and Patience. These elements of the divine nature want nothing to do with preemptive war. But a man with such a character will surely defend his fellow man, and himself if need be. Jesus mission was to die on the cross without resistance, but there is no command for "martyrdom" given to the rest of us. Self defence and defending others against those who would enslave us, or kill us, is the just thing to do.

[edit on 8/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

While subscribing whole heartedly to the Cult of Atheism. Even if you answer a question with a no you are still answering the question.

I am not an atheist. I just do not subscribe to cults. And yes, I should have included Atheists in my little rant.

link   
Since this thread has got started I have been able to observe massive amounts of intolerance on all sides.

There is nothing constructive coming out of this anymore. I hope everyone can find some peace and compassion.

They are doing a wonderful job at dividing us. We can end it now.

Be in Peace, Live in Love.

link   

Can you think of no other item that is used to manipulate people? Allow me to provide just one, nationalism. Yet I do not hear you railing against nationalism.

Do you want me to. Cause i really can. I never said I approved of nationalism either.

Thats a differnet thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

And wishing to deny the same freedom to others. You are allowed to express your beliefs in public after all. Why should they not be allowed to express theirs? Because it offends you and you believe it somehow magically causes mankind to act like idiots?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Point is every human made concept has been used as an excuse to shed blood, always for material gain, sometimes blatantly sometimes not.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

you can belive or not but to understand the "west" civilization you need to learn about Christianity. how you want to learn about the values we all are using in our life without getting some background which is in fact the histry and teachings coming from religion?

and to understand the rest you should also get some basic info on Islam and other religions which has changed the world from what it was to what we see now.

I could dislike the Darwin theory but it explains a lot of problems we have with understanding the world so I want my kids to know that one. although I will tell them that there is a possibility that it is not as they were told, so they can look for some own ideas.

geeing blind does not help to create own picture of the world around.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hm.

I went to school in England (as in, primary school to year 7, when we moved to the US), and I had a similar experience. It's the law that every student gets to practice what their religion requires them to, and since most are Christian, they held prayers in assemblies and such. Muslims got to pray as well, but since the majority in our school wasn't Muslim, they prayed elsewhere. There was only one Muslim in our school anyway, so the needs of one person doesn't outweigh the needs of four hundred.

Also, looking back on my schooling, I miss having religious studies as a class. Yes, most (if not all) of my teachers were Christian, and my parents were Christian, and they mostly taught about Christianity in primary school. This was all fine and dandy to me, since most English are Christian and it is a very prominent thing in Western culture, but they DID teach about other religions. If it weren't for my experience there, I'd be just as ignorant as every other kid in America, where I live now. I'm not even Christian, though, I'm a practising agnostic Buddhist. Had I not gotten the learning experience they offered in my old school, I'd probably think that Buddhism is some kind of Satanic cult, which is what a lot of people in my classes seem to think, even though they try to teach otherwise.
Obviously, their teaching over here isn't good enough.

...but yes, I wouldn't get too worked up over this. This isn't new, and maybe your child will benefit from the experience. In fact, if your child is curious about Christianity, tell them! (But also tell them about the other religions.)

I don't know. Is the school really teaching about the other religions? I mean, I got a good idea as to what it is like for people of other cultures and such because of Religious Studies, so I wouldn't knock it just yet. Unless they're being really bad.

Edit to fix up a few sentences.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by LiquidTheBrit0]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Asmus

that is what I already posted here. that thread is only making the tensions between one and second side. it is not making any good at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey folks,

Just wanted to add my two cents on this. I remember in JR. High, my first experience with biased teachings at school. The first 2 weeks of science class were nothing but evolution. I am a Lutheran but I sat there and absorbed the information. I did not choose to believe this, as the teacher could not back up the very information she was teaching. I never experienced christianity pushed in HS, or college. Only "one nation under god", that was about it.

Comon pal, there will always be people trying to cram their beliefs down your and your children's throat's. Your child will gather the facts and decide what to believe. It's your god given right to decide what to believe (free will, it is a bitch). Don't blame christianity for the mistakes of one school. If you don't like it, do something about it. I am a christian and I can't stand to see the ****tards at the train station shouting "YOU"RE GONNA GO TO HELL IF YOU DON"T COME GET BAPTIZED" but we are not going to stop them.

Nothin but love for ya,
Beasty

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You started this thread to bash Christians and the Christian religion because you are offended that your child is being taught about Christianity in public school and your child got a free bible from public school. Your hatred is consuming you.

You are in error, I'm not offended (weirdly enough there's not much that actually offends me can't think of anything at the mo) I started this thread in relation to my child being forced to worship a deity which happens to be the jesusgod, it could be Allah or L Ron Hubbard, makes no difference to me.

Being forced to worship/indoctrinated in a cult is completely different to being given balanced information about the cult.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Well you say that people hadn't read the bible during the inquisition, i doubt if this is true of tomas de torquemada or his good friend Pope Sixtus IV - The inquisition was carried out by the people who COULD read the bible, they justified it with the bible.

As for which churches preach the hate i mentioned? well, all the ones with a bible...

www.thebricktestament.com...

are a few biblical examples nicely modeled in lego, they are hardly very moral tales by modern standards -in fact they are hate speech by todays standards.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

you can belive or not but to understand the "west" civilization you need to learn about Christianity. how you want to learn about the values we all are using in our life without getting some background which is in fact the histry and teachings coming from religion?

and to understand the rest you should also get some basic info on Islam and other religions which has changed the world from what it was to what we see now.

I think a point is being lost here. Moocowman doesn't have a problem with his daughter being taught about Christianity or indeed other religions. The problem is that she's being taught that Christianity (in this instance) is the 'right way' - which, for a secular school, is wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Oh, I consider myself very well read, thank you very much. And I believe that the most important fundamentals of our nation come from John Locke, whose philosophy differed from christian philosophy. Individual Liberty and justice are not "XTIAN" ideals. Of course, some of the enlightenment thinkers were "XTIANS", and surely some non religous ideas were co-opted by the cults, but we are only a "XTIAN" nation in as much as 300 different sects of "XTIANITY" came over here to practice their own brand of religious slavery.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

There was a lack of education and books, even long after the invention of the printing press which was in 1440 A.D. People were in the dark as far as what the Bible says and what Jesus taught. So how can you use such past history as a reason to HATE Christianity today. We Christians had nothing to do with what went on way back when.

[edit on 8/3/09 by John Matrix]

I don't hate christianity, but I can see the resurgence of religion everywhere, and the state of world affairs is very closely tied to it. It is once agian being used to incite turmoil and cause divisions between human beings. We are once again sliding back into the dark ages.

This is why faith (or nationalism if you like-pretty well the same anyways) is dangerous, because people will be manipulated by it into doing terrible things based on belief in their god alone (or in nationalism's case belief in superiority). We athiests take everything with a grain of salt and won't blindly or ignorantly be manipulated into murder or genocide based on what to us is fairy tales or the lies of polititions.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join