It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Guys, this is too disorganized right now to make a rational decision.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
It would seem that certain members want a vote now to up their chances of making the committee...

Yes, I know, I have no idea what's going on in your head's...but I think it only takes an amateur study of people to figure this out...

If a vote goes now - so does the integrity of the committee...

Then again... I see your point as well. In either case, rather than a vote, I do think the admins should choose. Voting would be both chaotic and lengthy. And popularity would likely be a factor.

link   
I disagree with doing this right now... I want to vote on this... but I think everyone else should have the chance to vote too. Within reason of course.

link   
Let's slow down a bit and give SO a chance to weigh in here.

We're getting like 50 posts a minute on this thread and it's becoming very hard to keep up to date.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Vote Thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skeptic's last post said:

The first most-important thing is to select the short-list of members you feel will best be able to work with staff to figure out how this can be accomplished.

If the staff wanted to pick the people, I think they would have said.

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I have to agree with skeptic1 here. We can argue to pare down the list if that is what they would like or present it as is...but I ask that the ones entered chose from a similar list of mods to enter discussion.

link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i dont exactly like the admin policy. to be blunt there are a few members that are closer to the admins due to brownnosing and other techniques.

I totally agree.... there are a couple on that list who fit your desciption and i would hate to see them involved in any way at all.

link   
lets make a committe to create a voiting system

link   
I don't think members should vote unless it's organized by the admin. And I think that admin should decide anyway. So let's please wait for further instruction. That last instruction was posted 20 pages ago...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This committee is a joke already if it gets voted on now. Do you really think that a CONSENSUS is available on ATS at this very minute? If you do then you are not the person for the job, and this fact explains that you only want it done fast because the predominate feeling is what you feel is right. Check out the people who believe that this is wrong and their views.

What a joke...

If the list is still open I'd like the chance to have my name on this joke list also....

link   
reply to post by Djarums

Agreed.

Can everyone just hold their horses a little bit longer?

My goodness, guys, even I'm having trouble keeping up, and i have 3 windows open.

- Carrot

link   
reply to post by Djarums

Sorry, Djarums, I though Skeptic wanted us to pick some people. I started the vote thread. If you can close it until we hear from Skeptic, that would be good.
I thought he wanted us to go ahead.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
lets make a committe to create a voiting system

We are now a corporation. lol. We also need to schedule a conference call to determine guidelines for committee selection.

link   
reply to post by Djarums

Agreed,

and with carrot.

Deep breath time, perhaps

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sweet...ur thread was closed.

Nothing against you BH - it's just way too rushed man..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I dont feel i know enough about the members nominated to be able to vote for 5 of them.

I still say let Admin choose.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If the voting thread is temporarily closed, so should this one. Or at least no more nominations. Because this could get ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Let's wait.

We have a list of member nominated candidates. We came up with them. Our voice, our list. We have a compromise that most agree on. We came up with it. Our voice, our compromise.

Let Admin choose the group; it would be better all around.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, it seems that a certain Super Moderator has seen fit to shut down the fomation of the committee.

Exactly how long should we wait? Why is starting the vote now any different than starting the vote tomorrow or the next day? SO has specifically said the he would like to see us choose from amongst ourselves a short-list of people to form the committee.

This is frustrating to say the least.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm all for temporarily closing this thread too. The admins are going to need to read the whole thing, and it's currently growing faster than it can be read.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join