It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK, my nominees are:
BH,
maxmars,
Saviour Complex,
Schrodingers Dog,
Skeptic1

but only if they agree to work together.

[edit on 25/2/2009 by budski]

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I totally agree.

This will become a popularity contest and a rather cliquey vote.
Let the staff choose i say!

link   
Since there's no consensus, let's ask whether we should vote ourselves or let the admin decide, now that we have all our nominees.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
screw it, if you haven't bothered getting involved in this thread then i don't trust you to be available and interested enough, BH, where's that voting thread, lets just get it over with.

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
They want us to vote and will approve of who we nominate. So like, we really should just do it now, and as long as people have 10 minutes to 30 minutes, I think it's fair. It's not like everyone is involved in this thread, and I think they should be... in order to vote fairly.

Raven, no offence dear, but that's ridiculous.

There are members of this site who deserve the chance to vote. This affects everyone, not just those in this thread.

- Carrot

link   
We really should keep this open for a couple of days to let everyone have their say.

I am sure there are a lot of outstanding and qualified members who would get nominated if more people have the opportunity to participate. Not everyone happens to be logged on today and I'd hate for all of us not to have the "best" people eligible just for the sake of expediency.

link   
wait only 5 people for the committe? what kind of range is that? we need atleast 10 if not 20.

link   
I vote for Admin to choose.

link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Originally posted by chapter29
If they are allowed to bring their opinions, then shouldn't the committee be divided equally into pro and con..? Has this been established..?

I did suggest this, as it would be the fairest approach to having a fair representation for all members.

I feel like this is too rushed guys...

- Carrot

Holy Understatement...

It would seem that certain members want a vote now to up their chances of making the committee...

Yes, I know, I have no idea what's going on in your head's...but I think it only takes an amateur study of people to figure this out...

If a vote goes now - so does the integrity of the committee...

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Since there's no consensus, let's ask whether we should vote ourselves or let the admin decide, now that we have all our nominees.

I agree, and also support the idea of the admins deciding.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
while I didn't nominate myself, I was nominated, and would vote for myself. I think my particular situation affords me unique attributes that would allow me to serve as a middle man between the community and the admin. Which is what the committee is for.

Lets not forget we're NOT nominating moderators for a new forum, but rather members of a committee to serve as a gobetween to enhance communication between the member base and the administration.

link   
I changed my mind, I vote for admin to choose. Based off of what they know about participation in this thread and with the drug issue threads in general, and the reputation of the nominees.

link   
Vote thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skeptic's last post said:

The first most-important thing is to select the short-list of members you feel will best be able to work with staff to figure out how this can be accomplished.

I will count the votes tomorrow. I'm a data nerd, I like doing this stuff.

link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Staff needs to do it.

If they do it, there's more of a chance that they will listen to who they choose.

If we do it, we risk a popularity contest that could end up with too many extremes that won't work together.

We've all basically agreed to the compromise I've kept track of. So, let the Staff choose who is best to represent that compromise and not go off on tangents that will lead to an impasse (and keep the current ban in place permanently).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Right now we have different Opinions on How we should Vote, and When we should Vote.

Some want the vote now, Some want it later, Some want the voting to last a day, Some want it to last for longer.

Some say we should let the staff pick the 5 for the committee our of the nominees, and some say we the people should vote on the nominees.

We better figure this out soon.

Let it be know that skeptic Overlord Stated a couple pages back,

The first most-important thing is to select the short-list of members you feel will best be able to work with staff to figure out how this can be accomplished. It's premature to start tossing around ideas before the new DISC members and our staff (and myself and Springer) have a chance to discuss a few points.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i dont exactly like the admin policy. to be blunt there are a few members that are closer to the admins due to brownnosing and other techniques. this affects the whole community the community must decide. 72 hours for all of ats to vote

link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
Can admin send a community U2U with a list of nominees and ask those who want to, to vote for 5 members?

Instead of adding another 30 odd pages to this thread.

Just in case you all missed it.

link   
Why not ask a staff member or a member who has enough time to collect the nominations over the next couple of days.

Then we can have an interim vote with all the candidates, and then a final vote with the top 10 or so.

Someone would have to answer and collate the votes and come up with the final tally - which is a fairly big job, so said member would need a bit of spare time to devote to it.

link   
Let's wait to do anything until we hear from an admin. I don't think they expected it to be this complex.

link   
I know that the very mention of my awesomeness has made it impossible for all of you to read my posts, (that and the 30 odd pages surrounding them) but I also will add this;

You should short list the nominees, and then hold off on the vote until everyone gets a couple days to sort through this mess! I can't tell you how many times I missed this site for a day or two, and would have been really upset to miss out on something like this.

And you should consider voting for some people who DON'T feel the way you do, as it might actually lead to a place we can stay awhile, as opposed to this constant back and forth on administrative issues.

Now to see how many pages were added while I typed this... (damn hands, type faster!!!)

Jason

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join