It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just one last thought - is it possible to send out a mass u2u (staff of course) to alert members about the voting?

We really do need to consider the rest of the membership who were absent today. This affects them too.

- Carrot

*tense

[edit on 2/25/2009 by CA_Orot]

link   
Sorry. Double Post.

- Carrot

[edit on 2/25/2009 by CA_Orot]

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dammit! I just voted on that thread and it was closed before I could post.

And why was I left off the list??????

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
If the voting thread is temporarily closed, so should this one. Or at least no more nominations. Because this could get ridiculous.

I agree.

link   
I agree with carrot, i have 5 tabs up right now, Lets hold off for a bit, let members see this thread. The nominees should also explain their position, so were not just voting on avatars ROFL

My disposition on this topic is neutral of course. I do not do drugs, nor do i condone the use of drugs. With that being said, i think there is much to discuss with this subject, ranging from medical trials to Plain old conspiracies. I am willing to compromise, and i think the silly posts are what got us here in the first place. So NO "stoner Stories" Please!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

link   
this thread really needs to be closed until the admins can disseminate the information contained within. It's just going too fast.

link   
I think that this thread should be temporarily closed and that the admins should decide. I mean, they may decide to take people off the list and we would have to revote. So like, let's just stand back and wait.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

That's a fair point - but it would leave the "contest" open to accusations of favouratism IMO.

It's a no win situation for owners and staff.

Although I could be wrong, I can imagine some people kicking up because their candidate wasn't chosen.

Having said that, if we as member want to do it ourselves, we'd better do a good job of it - otherwise we only have ourselves to blame if it goes wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why should this thread be closed? Why should the discussion be stifled? The nomination list is good where it stands, even if certain members are only adding their names because they smell a potential fast-track to modship.

link   
reply to post by budski

Exactly. If your name is on that list, you are committing yourself to a very important and serious task.

If you can't handle it or don't want to do it or don't feel like you can do it without ego, take yourself out of the running.

link   
reply to post by chapter29

No problem. I do tend to get eager. I think the nominations should be closed, though. 30 people is enough.

I don't see this as an ATS-wide concern. I thought people who are interested in the subject are posting in this thread.

I'm going to stop posting now till we have further direction.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Before we vote on anyone we should hear their stance on the subject.... and saying that their stance has little to do with it is wrong.

They will be either fighting for or against, and if you have four people who are 'against' then they will not represent the masses of those that are 'for' the subject.

I can't believe the blindness of those that appear to have this thread in their control. Way too opinionated for me and a lot of others that have VOICED their opinions here already.

If the voting thread is temporarily closed, so should this one. Or at least no more nominations. Because this could get ridiculous.

This is already ridiculous...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
I agree with carrot, i have 5 tabs up right now, Lets hold off for a bit, let members see this thread. The nominees should also explain their position, so were not just voting on avatars ROFL

this is not a bad idea. Perhaps to cut down some confusion, we should have yet another thread, where only the nominated post, one post only, explaining first whether they accept the nomination, and if so, why they believe they are qualified to hash this issue out with the admins on our behalf. I for one, don't want just anyone representing me or my stance in the matter, as plenty of supporters still don't have enough of an idea of what is required to be able to steer us to the best possible compromise.

link   

Originally posted by Monger
Why should this thread be closed? Why should the discussion be stifled? The nomination list is good where it stands, even if certain members are only adding their names because they smell a potential fast-track to modship.

Temporarily - with a time it will reopen. So that other members who haven't stopped by yet since this started can "catch up," and formulate their responses accordingly.

Right now we still have angry members coming in and posting their disgruntlement.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Amaterasu]

link   

Originally posted by Monger
The nomination list is good where it stands, even if certain members are only adding their names because they smell a potential fast-track to modship.

Hmmmmmm annoying huh?

I dunno man...

This need to be well thought out and executed.... not rushed at all.
And not a popularity contest or back-scratching exercise.

link   
reply to post by darcon

Yea I spoke too suddenly.
They are putting it to a vote thats great news, a very democratic decision.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In that case, given the fact that we nominated these people and the nominations are now closed, if the admins shouldn't do it, we should and we should do it now because we are aware of the proposals and the rest of the site may not be.

It's a sticky situation. But it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If the staff shouldn't, we should, and we should do it now.

Are people going to be allowed to vote for themselves? For clarification.

Benev, if we're going to wait, can you please make it clear that there will be no more nominations and that the nominations were based off of the first however many pages of this thread? So to please reference that before voting?

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

link   

Originally posted by budski
Although I could be wrong, I can imagine some people kicking up because their candidate wasn't chosen.

Having said that, if we as member want to do it ourselves, we'd better do a good job of it - otherwise we only have ourselves to blame if it goes wrong.

Like the failed Counsel. It was all about personalities, not about how to advance the site. THAT is what DISC originally was(I was an original DISC'er). Deny Ignorance STEERING Committee. Help create solutions to problems. Come up with ideas to make this better for all. This isn't a popularity contest. This is a serious endeavor.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Lead the way BH...

Just lead it correctly...this is obviously a hot topic and should be treated as such.

There are some good people on that list and I'm sure the members of this site can form a great committee...

But it should take longer than one afternoon to get this going...at least if it is to be taken seriously...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

But, the voting will be open to everyone. Including people who have no clue as to who they are voting for or what they are voting for or anything other than they are voting for a "friend" for something (or someone whose avatar is familiar).

That is not a good system. At all. Ever. For anything. Especially this.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by skeptic1]

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join