It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Agents are there on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Between the good agents, the bad agents, the disinfo agent and the misinfo agent; how can you tell who isn't an agent? Those categories and definitions neatly include the apparent behavior of everyone on this site.

Humans are social animals and biologically predisposed to 'fit in'. We want to agree with people and be agreed with; it forms the ground rules of society. It's part of the mechanism that stops us doing what we want and when we want to. We wouldn't have evolved to the point of asking this question without it.

The labored point I'm trying to make is that 'critical thinking' should make the influence of any 'agents' ineffective. Focus on facts and question the evidence. Question people's motivations and doubt everyone. This is Internetland. Inflection, body language, age and gender are all assumed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandisky....IF you didn't get the humor yet....well....there is no REASON for any 'agents' to be here....it is purely somewhat 'paranoid' to think so.

I USED to wonder.....but, there are measures in place....the OWNERS of this site will take the heat.....and they are very trustworthy......

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh god, smell the paranoia rising!
Forget disinfo agents, where are the Reptilians?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hello. if I may add this...

When I worked as a manager in the cable TV industry in the early 1990s, we had to issue a memo to all staff to shred all paperwork before throwing it away,

after we found hired "agents" (employees!) of the competing telephone company going through our garbage bins at night,looking for any paperwork that would give them a heads up!

Our security cams, mounted on out roof dishes caught it all! ...so... You never know...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't think I'm an agent, but I know
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker

How ludicrous to say that some "agents" would spend time here on ATS. That accusation is laughable. I mean, I'm really laughing over here--really laughing!

Now, on the other hand, if I were a said "agent," it wouldn't be that hard to figure out now would it? Maybe establish a pattern to the time of their posts along with the agenda they're always trying to sell.

As Leslie Nielsen in Naked Gun said as the fireworks building behind him was erupting in various displays..."Nothing to see here. Please disperse! Nothing to see here, please!"

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
How do you know the management aren't agents, this whole place has been created to keep tabs on you, disinfo and discredit theories.... "It can't be real it's on that goofy conspiracy site"

Or maybe not... who knows....

I agree with you. They are doing personality profiling here and they keep records on all of our views(threads we start, posts we make, etc.).

I deliberately through them off so they end up with a false profile of my personality.

[edit on 25/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
I'll wager $1.25 and a bottle of Excedrin that more agents spend time here for their own entertainment than any paid agenda.

P.S. Take me off that list, I'm harmless.

I'll bet you are right! Although I have no doubt ATS is scanned, those getting paid to do the scanning are having a heck of time! Some posts may trigger scrutiny but more will confirm that the Feds efforts in disseminating miss-info is working. I'll use Area51 as an example...the more attention that area gets the less the Govt has to worry about where the "fun stuff' is really happening. Why else would Google Earth (5.0) offer such refined imagery of Area51 and yet the latest view of say...Camp Grayling, MI be so out of focus. Strange it seems that older imagery of Graying offers better resolution than current.

If the powers that be don't want you and I to see something...We Won't see it! Plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies thus far. The question is what by defintion is an "Agent", for me they fall into 2 catergories, there are those who are paid to be one and there are those who offer their services freely.

One is part of an organisation and one is a member of the general public. And yes they are both here on ATS. The paid ones arent the real threat but the unpaid ones are. I'm sure you all understand what I mean.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If Agents or whatever don't exist, then why is it that when I am especially at this thread, my PeerGuardian2 bugs out? You don't want to know what's being "blocked" right now.

Alot of Universities, I see Embassy of Columbia in Hungary (??!), and I see "DoD Network Information Center". The University of Bristol, University of Notre Dame, Florida IT, ARNES, and so much more. All blocked in the matter of minutes. So you tell me, skeptics... Get PeerGuardian and see what's being blocked when you come to this site.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am an agent. I have been accused of it many many times because I don't believe of all the rocks they post as moon and mars anomalies.

So there I am a disinfo agent. I have to be because everytime I post negative against a topic they take precious points away then I can't eat lunch that day without my points.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Fear of fearing..................

I don't know how many agents are reading this post.

And I don't care.

If some agents are here reading this; report your boss that I'm P##ed off, and their system s##K. Just hope it will crash soon.

I really don't care. I don't owe them nothing.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

There are as many agents on this board as there are members because no matter who you are, no matter what side of what idea you fall on, someone will ALWAYS call you an agent of something or other when you don't agree with their unproven circumstantial or otherwise unprovable loonacy.

silly question.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I AGREE...
WHEN I FIRST STARTED POSTING ON HERE I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A VERY OPEN MINDED SITE, I FOUND OUT REAL FAST THAT THERE IS A LOT OF DIS INFO AGENTS HERE
WE NEED TO MAKE A LIST OF THEM SO WE KNOW THEM WHEN THEY POST!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
If Agents or whatever don't exist, then why is it that when I am especially at this thread, my PeerGuardian2 bugs out? You don't want to know what's being "blocked" right now.

Alot of Universities, I see Embassy of Columbia in Hungary (??!), and I see "DoD Network Information Center". The University of Bristol, University of Notre Dame, Florida IT, ARNES, and so much more. All blocked in the matter of minutes. So you tell me, skeptics... Get PeerGuardian and see what's being blocked when you come to this site.

A buddy of mine is a State Police Detective. A major university in our State set up a computer, with an University IP address for him to use in investigations. A similar situation could be the reason you are seeing so many IP hack attempts from universities. (Or, it could be students jacking around).

Edited to add: Disagreeing with a statement doesn't get you labeled a disinfo agent (or at least it shouldn't). Continual disagreement with any and all conspiracies/theories/idea will, and should.

If you are THAT against stuff, why are you posting on a board that is CLEARLY situated to appeal to those kind of people?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

pscht charlie tango tea kettle bbq. eyeball on ats over

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Don't they(any d****** t****** agent that would do this)
know this site is all about entertainment and fun and for
wild speculation only? As if!!!

Or are they really that naive and brainwashed
to waste their time here when they should be
going after the "real people" who with their greed
and indifference are ruining this wonderfull country?

Everyone is madoff and paid off!

Guess everyone needs a paycheck no matter
whos crooked hand signs it, eh?

Is this really what my tax dollars are being spent on?
Instead of going after "ben lobin"?
Someone get him to post on here then!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes.....I am an agent!! Unfortunately none of the conversations here have helped with my investigations.......

Please somebody, anybody............ create a thread about how many people have torn that little tag off your mattresses ....I need the info!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the agents are the ones who get our tax money so they can make us feel all nice and safe from the spectre of war that is deliberately manipulated and created in some instances, by a large network of families who get what they want because of yes men who never say no to them.

Its time to just say no, to 1984 in america, to the secret government, to elite world leaders buying property in america who have secretly worked against this countries modus operandi which is personaly god given liberty and the defense of such lifestyle against unreasonable lordships over ill gotten wealth over time defended by criminal legalisms by skirting constitutional values and precedents.

Agents are typicly clean cut hypocrites, equatable to the street thug only with a perceivable amount of class and stature thanks to grueling training.

Like leonard cohen says in the song, Everybody Knows. Well its all valid, go listen to it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Would you like me to send you my clearance card and retina as you will need both to enter the font door.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How many "agents" are on ATS?

Enough to monitor and report any real threats or issues.

As for so called "disinfo agents", the government could care less. Any views or opinions expressed by such agents would be personal unless someone is gardening for HUMINT and building rapport with a potential source.

Agents are simply tools. They can be anyone that is recruited by a case officer. Any useful idiot can be an agent.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join