It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exopolitico

We keep hearing of dogfights "up there". This may not be as far fetched as it sounds.

Ive read about this too. It would not surprise me one bit who the hostile ones would be instigating these "dogfights"....how do the Ferengi say it.....

..HOOUMAHN. ??

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
reply to post by RFBurns

What surface are you talking about? Is this re video 1 on page 1?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Nichiren]

Yes the OP video on page 1.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Wow, text book example of a mind already made up. Maybe your post was meant to be sarcasm?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

reply to post by RFBurns

What surface are you talking about? Is this re video 1 on page 1?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Nichiren]

Yes the OP video on page 1.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

Are you saying that one of the bright lights is on the surface of planet earth? A city? Sorry for being confused about this.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am sure the well known debunker regulars are pouring over their notebooks right now to try to come up with a link to lens anomaly or ice particle or debris or some other rediculous explanation, and surround that with big words and indimidating, fancy theories to explain this one.

I say good luck to them.

This cannot be debris from the shuttle. The object is too far away when it enters the frame.

This cannot be a lens anomaly. No lens anomaly brings something into the frame and manuvers as this object does.

This cannot be an ice particle. It would have burned up as it moved closer to the atmosphere and became nothing, plus ice does not do 180 degree turns and move off in another direction with no other outside force nearby to make it move.

This cannot be space junk. Again, it would have begun to burn up as it got closer to the atmosphere. Free falling..or floating in this case, debris or ice does not slow down as it approaches the atmosphere. It will speed up and increase velocity, and then begin to burn up.

Im not sure what to make of it..other than it is not any of the above. It could be either a controlled craft or one of them "space critters". Either way, IMO..it is definately something other than ice, debris, lens anomaly, junk, light refraction, video glitch or whatever else is in the debunker bag o scuses.

I cant wait to hear this one explained away.

Cheers!!!!

What is it then? At least these guys are being rational as opposed to you bringing forth some ridiculous accusations and theories about it being an extraterrestrial craft.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There must be a link to a better quality video somewhere. How can we discuss this rationally when all we really see is white dots

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

There is nothing to debunk. It is a a bright object of unknown size and distance from the camera. Could be self-illuminated or could be a reflective surface catching the sunlight. Could be tiny and glinting in the sun, could be many miles away.

Unknown yes. That is all you can say. You can not say you know what it is. You can not make any claims as to its origin or purpose.

It joins the thousands of other photo's and videos of bright objects that could be anything.

Anyone claiming otherwise is probably not a good choice for doing unbiased research IMO

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

If that were the case we would see the lights change orientation on the surface that are shining.

Cmon, the shuttle would have to do a center pivot rotational change for it to be that, yet we do not see the ground lights change orientation.

Not a rotation. A change in orbital velocity, not a change in attitude. Maybe a nudge to a higher or lower orbit, maybe to change the orbital inclination for rendezvous with the ISS. Very small changes are made to the orbit for a variety of reasons. A small change would not cause a visible change in the relative motion of objects on Earth's surface.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Slightly better quality.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Anybody know which astronaut filmed it? If I were an astronaut at least I'd keep the "UFO" in the center of the screen. Looks like it wasn't a big deal at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

If that were the case we would see the lights change orientation on the surface that are shining.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by RFBurns]

You said the shuttle is in orbit. At that distance this would be an impressive flashlight.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We have only been in space for a few decades. It turns out we have weather in space. Coronal ejections from Sol sends particals into our magnetic field and then the fun begins. Visible light, charged particals, and Klingon spaceships. I can't wait until I'm abducted and probed.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it's hard to drawn any kind of definitive conclusion about this video. There are too many unknowns. Size of object, speed, shape, height above the Earth, and the objects composition.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Questions :

1 : Nobody found a NASA direct link for this video with complementary data ? I've only found this : www.nss.org...

2 : Once found, we might be able to check & compare with this data below for a start. Video & details provided by Ufocasebook.com via HBCC UFO Research Home :

Orbit: 174 Met 010 23 11 Mission Elapsed Time: 10 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes.

Pre dawn Pacific - Between Hawaii and U.S. Camera's on Shuttle aimed at the ocean as several lights fly around with one object coming to a stop and reversing direction.

Now, I do not "understand" this video at all because it lacks clear reference points and we do not know what the slow moving "lights" in the "background" are for a fact...We do not even know if it was filmed from the Canadarm for example or from a steady cam system inside the Orbiter, nor do we know the type of system & optics involved. I would say at this point, that I am not even sure that we are looking at the earth's curvature without complementary data.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Europa733]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thats like asking what was the make, model and color of car that just ran you over? Not the main point

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ranhome]

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ranhome]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

It kinda looks like a eliptical orbit of a comet, got no Idea on the distances,
how far away it is, or how big it is, but definately and eliptical orbit.
And comets will do 80,000 kph easy.

Put me down for $10 on a comet.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NitriXX

Welcome!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Since when do comets reverse direction ? Maybe I misundestood ...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I dont post here much but I'm a daily lurker. I am fascinated by the topics of discussion here and consider my self a 'believer'. However, I tend to believe any fantastical earthly explaination is much more logical and probable than something other worldly and this video is no exception. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I see is a spot, a point illuminated without any hint of size, shape or depth, moving somewhere in space. Could be a speck of dust 12" from the lense or a object 100 miles in diameter hovering just above our atmosphere moving thousands of miles per hour.

Point being, with so little to see and even less to understand from an otherwise explanable occurance, how on earth could this even make the quantum leap to undenyable proof needing to be debunked? Is this really all it takes now for a skeptic to 'believe'?

I know this site has become watered down over the years but good god, does anyone really believe what they are seeing here outstretches every possibility of earth based logic and explanation? Does anyone really look at that and consider it something in the order of proof of alien life??

Not to be a stick in the mud, as I always enjoyed watching this video, and anything brought about with intent for discussion, but after reading some of the responses in this thread, I am simply amazed at how some can even consider this video as proof of anything let alone aliens and UFO's..

[edit on 23-2-2009 by HomeBrew]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Are you saying that one of the bright lights is on the surface of planet earth? A city? Sorry for being confused about this.

From that altitude, depending on what area the shuttle is above, a large city lit up at night would have a large clustered look. These look almost like small clusters.

They do not seem to be as large as the object that is moving. But the object is not considerably much larger either. Its difficult to say for sure what the distance is, but certianly a tiny ice particle is not going to move in the manner as this object does.

The size of the object as it moves across the frame and then changes direction does not seem to change size all that much as it moves in the frame, that would suggest that it is not drastically moving away or closer to the shuttle. It is rather consistant in size. Again that doesnt tell us where it is from the shuttle however.

But I have to point out once again, no ice particle or space junk is going to manuver itself in the manner that this object does without some kind of outside influence, be it from a thruster blast or something hitting the object.

If something were to hit the object, it would not slow down in the linear fashion as it does in this video. It would not turn and then build up speed over a short time in the other direction.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join