It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Kandinsky

As I said before, I don't think that we are seeing the Earth, the speed of the shuttle over Earth is too high, we can always see the Earth pass by (relatively) very fast, even when we are looking at the horizon.

Sorry Armap, I usually read your posts carefully. What are you thinking about it? Are you leaning towards misrepresentation or misidentification? If not Earth? What?

I've been trying to find where the cameras that could take the footage would be. Don't know if you have this already Shuttle Launch Imagery and Equipment PDF

There's something odd about the camerawork compared to other STS vids
Satellite zoomed in? There must be a cleaner version out there...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Maybe not even space or the Earth? Well wouldnt it be nice to see the original posted on a NASA website? Sure it would...my point exactly as I stated earlier. No NASA video from their website makes it easier for anyone to just dismiss it.

Pretty handy there...dont you think?

Cheers!!!!

Hi there,

It's not handy, if it was, I would not waste any time at all, I find the video interesting but it lacks lots of things. Even so, I want to know more, don't you want the same thing after all ?

As a matter of fact, I might have debunked STS-51a "ufo" video, how ?

By getting lots of data here on ATS and elsewhere, thanks Internos for his documentary research.

I am Buckwild (sorry it's in French, use FoxLingo for translations):
ufo-logic.xooit.com...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck "Le sauvage"

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by RFBurns

Are you really sure that is the Earth's rim? I am not, there is nothing to show us that it is or that it isn't, and if that is really the Earth's rim then the lights are not on Earth, there is no way the shuttle will look as if it was "parked", it does not fly in geosynchronous orbits.

Now I understand you. I've been watching the Disclose TV version time after time. I leave the mouse on a fixed point to guess heading, speed etc. There is *very* slight progress and a then a small heading change. I was beginning to wonder if it was a satellite filming

I also wonder if I've seen the footage before as part of a clearer and wide screen video. Is it part of a video that has now been compressed to death to remove any detail? I can picture seeing it in much clearer, higher resolution. Maybe I imagine it?! My maps post was illustrating that the lights don't reflect any area between Hawaii and Florida. If not, the contention of the footage is undermined on principle.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

There are videos of the shuttle in orbit where the scene of the Earth seems to almost be at a stand still. Again it depends on what orientation, and where the shuttle is during its orbit.
I haven't seen any, that is why I said that. Also, as far as I know, this mission was a common mission, no special satellites to be launched, and they did some work with the ISS.

As to the horizon..cmon..surely you can clearly see that is the curvature of the Earth. Again there are plenty of STS videos that show the Earth curvature in this manner.
I can see a curve, but I have no way of knowing if that is the Earth's rim or if it's something else, even a lens flare.

As to the ice particle bs....again...cmon.
I haven't said that these are ice particles, I haven't talked about atmospheric drag, I haven't presented any explanation, so I guess you are once more answering to other people's posts in an answer to a post from me.

I know that the sceptics may look all the same to you, but we are not.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

As I stated in other threads, there are those of us who think way byond the 8x11 piece of paper, and definately can see with our own eyes what is happening.
We use A4 paper in Portugal, it's a 210x297 millimetres piece of paper, so yes, I think beyond your 8x11 piece of paper.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Found this clearer footage on Youtube...
www.youtube.com...

I really believe NASA has a fear of whatever these things are, be they critters or intelligently piloted craft!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Like I said earlier : Now, the "lights" that are supposed to be stars that are outside the "Earth" at the bottom of the screen all move in the same direction (up) & angular speed (for the viewer) as the ones within the Earth's surface (city lights ?)

Just try it yourself and use the "Earth's rim" as a reference point. (for a few seconds)

That could be a clue for the rest of the video if we can explain it...

This is one of the reasons why I doubt this is even the Earth's rim we are seeing, it's not logical. I stand with ArMap on this one until we can find more data and explain this anomaly.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Europa733]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
Like I said earlier : Now, the "lights" that are supposed to be stars that are outside the "Earth" at the bottom of the screen all move in the same direction (up) & angular speed (for the viewer) as the ones within the Earth's surface (city lights ?)

Just try it yourself and use the "Earth's rim" as a reference point. (for a few seconds)

That could be a clue for the rest of the video if we can explain it...

This is one of the reasons why I doubt this is even the Earth's rim we are seeing, it's not logical. I stand with ArMap on this one until we can find more data and explain this anomaly.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Europa733]

I disagree and say again, this was shown on TV around the world, Do you believe for one moment if the footage was fake NASA wouldn't have come forward and said so. They would have eaten the TV company up and spun it so much that it would have been in all of the MSM mocking the believers.

I myself go with the researchers on this

[edit on 24-2-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
fwiw

www.youtube.com...

starts at 3mins but doesn't finish with the verdict.

i seem to remember they debunked it but don't remember why.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

In fairness, franspeakfree, NASA haven't said anything at all about the video. I've been looking for anything official without luck. The POV is quite static on all versions of the video. I'm wondering if it's satellite footage, possibly zoomed in? I've also had a look for nighttime satellite shots to find a match for what appears to be city lights. Not found any yet but it's a pretty big world
I've even wondered if some a*s**le has used a clip from a movie and lowered the definition, contrast etc and compressed it to death.

As it stands, there are a few questions and the video remains interesting. If it isn't an STS film, what is it??? Fisheye lens on an airport mast?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw it live! A NASA cable broadcast.... UGH

Did anyone else see it live?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ranhome]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ranhome]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think that is the Earth seen in the video. In the slightly higher quality video it looks to me like there are clouds moving in the upper area of the footage.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

Hmmmm. I just noticed that one of the "stars" at the lower left cross the "horizon". It seems the lights may not be on Earth's surface.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just saw that, and the clouds seem to be moving very fast.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bosko

Hmmmm. I just noticed that one of the "stars" at the lower left cross the "horizon". It seems the lights may not be on Earth's surface.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Phage]

your right , this is shot inside the earth atmosphers, the 'horizon' is a bay/

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah I was starting to think this was taken from the ground pointing up at an angle. If this was taken from outside the Earth in orbit, those clouds would be moving thousands of miles per hour. It's pretty normal to see them moving like that if you are on the ground looking up however. If this was taken on the ground then that object is still interesting though.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So what are you people getting at here, this is some video of some other planet elsewhere in the galaxy????

It is Earth. The debunkers are simply throwing in more confusion than ever on this one! My god people cant you trust yoru own eyes?

I think the debunkers have gone byond the bottom of their bag-o-scuses and are now so desperate to throw in incredible far fetched explanations that the planet in the background now is not Earth, the video is not this or that, the camera is here or there, the lights are on or off...sheesh doesnt anyone else here see this obvious desperation 11th hour tactic of derailment by these debunkers, purposely throwing off the flow of the discussion of the issue of the object????

Isnt this place about denying ignorance???? That is EARTH back there people!! Oh please do tell us all, what exactly is it then.

Nibiru perhaps????

PFFTT!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

your right , this is shot inside the earth atmosphers, the 'horizon' is a bay/

How do you and Phage come up with that? Because of 1 little light off in the lower left corner that is probably a low orbiting satellite, or perhaps a real piece of space junk?

If this was shot in the atmosphere, why do we see the curvature of the Earth so well defined? Where is the ground? Most aerial photography I have seen, even from the recent private spaceplane experiment does not show the curvature of the Earth so defined, including old photos from both the U-2 and SR-71.

Notice that the desperate explanations usually come in droves at the last ditch effort hour as we get closer and closer to the truth.

A pattern so recognizable its rediculous.

Cheers!!!!

link   

So what are you people getting at here, this is some video of some other planet elsewhere in the galaxy????

It is Earth. The debunkers are simply throwing in more confusion than ever on this one! My god people cant you trust yoru own eyes?

I think the debunkers have gone byond the bottom of their bag-o-scuses and are now so desperate to throw in incredible far fetched explanations that the planet in the background now is not Earth, the video is not this or that, the camera is here or there, the lights are on or off...sheesh doesnt anyone else here see this obvious desperation 11th hour tactic of derailment by these debunkers, purposely throwing off the flow of the discussion of the issue of the object????

Isnt this place about denying ignorance???? That is EARTH back there people!! Oh please do tell us all, what exactly is it then.

Nibiru perhaps????

PFFTT!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by RFBurns]

it is of earth, Text, reminds me of a helicopter ride i once took in new zealand overlooking a lake with a mountain the background. No doubt not the same place, though maybe greece?

nibiru is jupiter, though you were just fooling about that

link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I'm sure no one is trying to say that this was taken from some other planet in the galaxy.... That's a pretty big conclusion to jump to from what has been written in the last few posts.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join