It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
to me it looks like something bounced of the athmosphere. nothing to see IMHO, and even if it would be a craft of any Kind the data in the video (quality) does not convice me to belive in alien space ships! I always imagine how good frieds (skeptics) would react to a so called "UFO" material, but on this one I would just harvest a big lough! Thanks for sharing, keep searching, ... I will!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lets see, its round, white and moving one direction and then another.

Clearly it is a Ping Pong ball with a lot of back spin.

"Move along, nothing to see here".

(And where is Phage? I don't like to post anything till he has had a look at it!
)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No Helm it's a pocket of swamp gas refracting the light off of Venus duh....

Eaither that or its a giant weather balloon that was so light it managed to penitrate the upper atmosphere.

Awesome how far we've come in weather balloon technology.\

Edit because I cant spell Balloon ><

[edit on 23-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

(And where is Phage? I don't like to post anything till he has had a look at it!
)
Why? Whilst Phage is a very grounded, civil and respected poster on these 'ere boards. You shouldn't take his word as gospel. make your own mind up, don't rely on others to form your opinions.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Im not claiming anything to be real UFOs im just saying given the fact these are Nasa footage, its probably the best ive seen its very unlikely to be staged, it could be something else but its not a chinese lantern or weather ballon. Guess that doesnt say much for most of the other footage though.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am curious to learn what any of these bright objects are, not just the two that move with apparent purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I always like the NASA footage best because it's hard for skeptics to say it's a hoax or cgi or anything and you can get right down to trying to figure out what it was rather than if it's real or not. They aren't always the most clear images, but this one is very interesting. I don't think it's bouncing off the atmosphere. It seems to stop moving completely for some time before moving in the other direction. If it was to bounce off the atmosphere I think you would have a more consistent movement pattern.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Dont forget though how debunkers have torn shreds into the moon landing, just because its NASA doesnt mean its gospel.
Still i think its good anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good point, but if they did fake the moon landing there was a motive involved(beating the Soviet Union). I can't see there being a motive in this case... not saying there couldn't be one, but I don't see what it could be.

link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Helmkat

)
Why? Whilst Phage is a very grounded, civil and respected poster on these 'ere boards. You shouldn't take his word as gospel. make your own mind up, don't rely on others to form your opinions.

I respect his opinion, nothing more or less

He more often then not has insight I find valuable.

link   
Im voting for lens artifact as the shuttle moves the sun starts coming into view at the end of the video thats what your seeing at the end of the video. The shuttle started moving into the light of the sun.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't think there is any doubt it is a UFO. I also see another one going the opposite direction. Most of the NASA stuff is classified. The Astronauts actually talk on a secured radio frequency, the general public hears only 1% of what is actually said, as well as most of the footage is never seen by the general public. There are several NASA videos that show possible UFO's from the space shuttle and other flights that were released to the general public, by accident. The NASA Astronauts, all of them, are NEVER allowed to talk about UFO's, as are the NASA employees and spokespeople.

Having seen a UFO, I personally know they exist. It is, believe me, something you never ever forget. Where it was from, I do not know. They do exist, believe me.

It's silly to think the millions & millions of sightings, photos & videos that are around are all fake. While i realize some are, most are NOT. UFO's exist, for sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
((( BUMP))) Any truth to the fact that NASA stopped broadcasting "real time live" after that "star wars" type event?!?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You see the same constant acceleration in STS-75 footage and other videos posted a zillion times here as if it were some kind of proof of ET visitation. Small debris is what they are.

Is this solid proof that UFOS are indeed real and are indeed visiting us on a regular basis?

If you believe that no force exists in space, yes. But if you do a bit of research you will find that typical atmospheric drag is 30 micropascals at ISS altitudes, around 400 km. For comparison, solar radiation pressure in the vicinity of the Earth is 4.6 microPascals, and solar wind pressure is typically a few nanopascals. The acceleration of a particle is inversely proportional to its size, because force = surface x pressure, proportional to the square of the size, force = mass x acceleration (Newton's second law) and mass is proportional to the cube of the size.

The constant pressure of 30 µPa pushes a small particle (ice, probably). The smaller it is, the faster it accelerates.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It looks more like it is on a curving trajectory coming in from our right behind proceeding to our forward left and then curving off to our forward right, almost like a curve ball in baseball. It appears to stop and change direction because of our perspective. Still obviously intelligent as objects in space don't curve (except objects in orbit, of course).

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I still don't see how those forces could cause this particular object to stop for a few seconds and then change direction.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ranhome
((( BUMP))) Any truth to the fact that NASA stopped broadcasting "real time live" after that "star wars" type event?!?

What 'star wars' event are you on about?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

Actually I believe there is plenty of doubt that these are UFOs. In fact I think this is an example of what happens when people view things that are outside of their day to day experience. There are very few people with first hand experience with on-orbit activities nevermind microgravity operations and effects. I am not one who has such experience in any way but I have been a professional astronomer for years prior to starting my own business, and had to learn much about zero-g operations as relates to orbital mechanics, drag etc... Y

My first thoughts on this video are that this is indeed space debris, most likely ice. Ice particles can be found floating around the shuttle and launched satellites. Just because we leave the very very moist atmosphere doesnt mean that the moisture just goes away. It freezes and flakes off.

This brings up another issue. The ice coating has something else within. Trapped air. These small bubbles are in the ice and as Carbon Dioxide "dry" ice sizzles and pops here on the Earth under 14.7 lbs per sq Inch, in space in micro-pressure and microgravity, these water ice particles also sizzle and sublimate, releasing the trapped air as the ice sublimates away little by little. As it is released, it acts like a small jet and PHSSTTT!!! Off in one direction it goes, and yes this can be a 90 or 180 degree turn. Why? Because in the micro-pressure environment of space, you also have microgravity. That jet can act on the ice particle in a big big way. THIS is what you see when you see particles moving in many different directions seemingly under control of something. That something is the trapped air being released catastrophically as the particles sublimate.

You cannot ignore the science and call something a UFO and say something like "there is no doubt these are UFOs". That is irresponsible and leads to junk science which as we have seen, can get us into major trouble!

Marc

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It would appear that something is shot from the surface of the planet and makes whatever is above the planet move just quick enough to say close but no cigar..

Sorry I am a starwars fan. It reminds me when the rebels need to blast the ION cannon to clear out the empire ships and make a path for the rebel ships to escape.

But I remember seeing the broadcast live and saying to myself WTF?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Look at the vids at the bottom of pg1 for the so called star wars event, and the broken link aswell has some more speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join