It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Between Hawaii and U.S. The camera on STS 114 is aimed at the ocean as several lights fly around with one object coming to a stop and reversing direction.

I realise this is an old video however, to me it has significance importance to the understanding that UFO's are indeed real and around us on a daily basis.

Please take a look at this video and tell me otherwise. In it you will see a UFO shoot in to the frame going in one direction then decelerate and shoot off in the opposite direction. This footage was recorded by Nasa STS-114 Whilst it was orbiting the Earth ,

Please note that the shuttle was travelling at 18000 mph.

Actual video

Slowed down

Newtons Law

According to Newton's Laws of Motion, an object set into motion in the vacuum of space will continue forever in the same course, unless acted upon by an outside force.

Is this solid proof that UFOS are indeed real and are indeed visiting us on a regular basis?

UFO CASEBOOK STS114

[edit on 23-2-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Please take a look at this video and tell me otherwise. In it you will see a UFO shoot in to the frame going in one direction then decelerate and shoot off in the opposite direction.

Very interesting indeed franspeakfree, thanks for posting.
strrd and flggd.
I did not see it before.
In my opinion it’s clearly not a satellite, not space debris, not a meteor or such.
It shows controlled movement because it changed it’s direction, so for me it’s so far a UFO.
Perhaps a free show for the astronauts?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Cool, haven't seen this one yet actually.

I look forward to possible explanations.

Maybe a magnetic piece of space dust? It changes direction as the shuttle passes by and gets caught up in the magnetic field? hmmmmm

How do you know the footage is from an STS mission anyway? Is there meant to be some sort of video timecode label or something?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Excellent footage and questions. Looking at the video my first thoughts were "Wow!" I watched it again and looked for reasonable explanations. First suspicion was that debris from the shuttle...

...plunged Earthward and is lit up by the rising Sun over the horizon. As it plunges and reaches the Earth's atmosphere we are given the 'illusion' of a direction change by the Shuttle flying over and past the object. Much like looking at a bridge through a train window.

Another viewing discounts this idea (I think) because the other bright lights in the footage don't move in relation to the Shuttle's passage. There's very little information on this part of film that isn't on UFO-type sites. I've had a look for NASA explanations of the footage without success. I'll have another look and post anything useful.

Flagging your thread and looking forward to any good explanations

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Star and flag from me too.

The object moves completly indipendantly from anything else in view. It doesn't correspond with any movement of the panning of the camera. And it shows signs of inteligent control.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Now THIS is an interesting thread !! Theres been alot of junk and nonsense on the site the last few weeks but this falls into the category of WIN! I think its time someone with the technical knowhow got involved on this, and explained all the possibilities . Examining this sort of video requires an expirienced eye in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
When I read about the collision between an American and disposed Russian sattelite, it was mentioned that space shuttles and ISS are located far below (closer to Earth) than any sattelites in orbit.

The videos seem to be shot with the earth as background.

I think the "sattelite theory" can be discarded.

Still, the NASA video with the "dancing circle" of UFO's is much more impressive!

This one is not bad though! Nice find!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I like how one poster here on ATS referred to this anomalys as space animals, it definitely looks like it has its own intelligence if it can change pace and direction like that... pretty neat, funny how we have so many videos of this, but never a closeup... argh... one of these days those orbs will do a close sweep of the camera and we'll finally get a good view of what these things are...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This video is among the few that I find unexplainable. If you look closely you can see a satellie move through from left to right. I imagine we are seeing the Earth on the back side (night)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
anything posted by humans a s being proof is a lie

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I am pretty sure that this is a bird ...

Some interesting footage and if that is traveling at 1800mph then that is just nuts.

Possibly something reflected in the window of the shuttle (assuming that the camera is within the shuttle and not on the exterior) ?
Not sure what to make of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes, nice one !!
I have seen the Blackbox Ufo series, and I think it is in one of them you hear astronauts talking, usualy they say: santacluase or bogies, but this guy says it flat out: ...and the aliens are still here...
That realy cranked me up !

Anyways, good show !

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've seen this very thing with my own eyes. Years ago while out in the country, away from any light pollution, looking up I saw a bright light streak across the stary night sky, only to stop .. hover and reverse course at an incredible speed. Others with me saw it too, though they've found it hard to believe it was a craft of any kind... their response "not sure what that was!"

keep looking up!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wasnt that event captured during a live broadcast? As I remember?

Is it true that they no longer do "live" broadcasts?

Looking at the other video that doesnt appear to be the event I was thinking of.

I was thinking of the event. Where it looks like something is being shot into space and a "craft" gets the heck out of the way at a very fast speed.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ranhome]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Hi guys,
Some interesting footage and if that is traveling at 1800mph then that is just nuts.

He wrote that the shuttle was travelling at 18,000 miles per hour....not the object in question.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It appears to me that someone in control of the camera noticed the object and decided to respond by positioning the camera away from the activity and in such a manner as to obscure the view with lens flre.

Too late! We saw it. This is proof of better technology than anything we are "known" to posses. Quite possibly alien, but definately controlled by something or someone with purpose.

Anybody care to guess at the size and speed of the object?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any body notice the more faint object that comes from the left and what looks like a lightning bolt?

It happens a few seconds after the brighter object that moves from right to left becomes stationary.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

yeah there was definately a couple of things going on in that film, and i think there are a few more NASA tapes of incidents like these, one if i remeber looks as though something was being shot at then dissapears upward real quick.

tobefree.wordpress.com... /2008/05/16/nasa-space-shuttle-footage-ufo-missed-by-ground-based-energy-pulse-weapon/

[edit on 23-2-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Its clearly the planet Venus..... Don'y you get sick of hearing that excuse!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
On the videos i have posted the article on the broken link above claims that the Missile like object was from a HAARPesque style base in Australia, im sure this has been discussed before but along with the OP's vids i believe these are the two best cases of footage ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join