It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck: Prepare For The Worst (Must Watch)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When they talk about Bin Laden and terrorism, they have forgotten to mention how we ( the West ) trained and used him (OBL) to carry anti soviet ops, and oh yes they also forgot to mention that the WTC building 7 was a controlled demolition, thus had aspects of an inside job, and, that really was the beginning of the unraveling of the world as we knew it.... I hope it was worth it. ( Recall Mr L Siverstein "pulled" the building.) People need to wake up.... But the truth hurts too much doesn't it? Cognitive dissonance as Mr Beck has demonstrated so much of in the past, is, if someone is called upon to learn something which contradicts what they already think they know, particularly if they are committed to that prior knowledge, they are likely to resist the new learning. Does anybody know where I can get a an orange tie, with matching blue shirt?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
don't like this guy at all.. a big fat fear monger just like alex jones. pretty ridiculous. please people do not believe this ridiculous nonsense.. im not saying to bury your head in the sand but we must get champion. do you really think they are going to come in and be able to wrangle the population of the country without some MAJOR help from mother nature?

puh-leeze.. Glen Beck speaks for the majority ignorant, repugnant capitalists that have been building this mountain of crap that we find ourselves in today

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
don't like this guy at all.. a big fat fear monger just like alex jones. pretty ridiculous. please people do not believe this ridiculous nonsense.. im not saying to bury your head in the sand but we must get champion. do you really think they are going to come in and be able to wrangle the population of the country without some MAJOR help from mother nature?

puh-leeze.. Glen Beck speaks for the majority ignorant, repugnant capitalists that have been building this mountain of crap that we find ourselves in today

so are you denying the fact that mexico is about to go intoa civil war and that it is spilling almost into texas/arizona? because i have seen the youtube videos of this event occuring right on the line of the border. That will be the shot that starts the revolution.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
On the one hand, Beck is correct. We all need to prepare for a worst-case scenario.

On the other hand, Beck is one of the Fake News shills who helped caused this mess we're in. Being the mouthpiece for Bush and the neocons from 2000 to the present, they opposed almost everything for the good of the people in an effort to support raping American citizens of everything we hold dear and value. Beck has made a living off of lying to the public, misleading us into an illegal and wrong war and covering up the monstrous acts of the Bush Administration.

Now that the public is demanding truth and help from the media, Beck is on the other side of the fence "trying to help us." He needs to be strung up by his lying balls and stripped of everything he values. I wouldn't listen to him if he were the last person on earth.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fletcher
On the one hand, Beck is correct. We all need to prepare for a worst-case scenario.

On the other hand, Beck is one of the Fake News shills who helped caused this mess we're in. Being the mouthpiece for Bush and the neocons from 2000 to the present, they opposed almost everything for the good of the people in an effort to support raping American citizens of everything we hold dear and value. Beck has made a living off of lying to the public, misleading us into an illegal and wrong war and covering up the monstrous acts of the Bush Administration.

Now that the public is demanding truth and help from the media, Beck is on the other side of the fence "trying to help us." He needs to be strung up by his lying balls and stripped of everything he values. I wouldn't listen to him if he were the last person on earth.

i dont know how to react to this other than laugh at your ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Personally, I think TPTB and Fox are trying to get us to do something to allow them to put the US into Martial Law...

With the thread about rioting worldwide, all I saw was a bunch of ppl throwing snowballs at the police....
IMO, that really doesn't count has a riot...it's a snowball fight.

Even with the known 'unknown' document; it's a way of saying, "well, we dont' know how it's going to happen but, it's going to happen and we better GEAR up now and put soldiers on the streets."

WoW, a known unknown...how else would you prepare for a unknown? If it was a ET attack, nothing we have, that we know of would be able to stop them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
With all due respect, if they declare martial law in THIS country, they will be in for a world of hurt. Let's face it, there are far more armed and CAPABLE citizens here in the US of A than there are soldiers. They couldn't hope to hold a candle to us, even with advanced weaponry and tactical vehicles in place, i.e. tanks, jets, artillery etc. It's unlikely that the average American soldier would even fire upon citizens, and i have serious doubts that our own government would order the use of tanks and jets against our own cities and citizens. EVEN if they did, we are talking millions of armed citizens vs. a fraction of that in military infantry. The only way they could silence us if we all stood together in this worst-case, SHTF scenario is with nuclear or chemical warfare. Would they go so far as to poison their own country? Now THAT is a topic to debate.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

^^Eggzactly! if any kind of civil war or martial law happens it will be because they pushed it on us and we bought it..

Glen Beck is a close minded dinosaur who has ZERO spiritual evolution which is the only thing that will count in the coming decade.

as an FYI - agree with mr. Beck that one should ALWAYS prepare for the worst (which btw is a famous buddhist sentiment), but we must more pointedly invoke the sentiment of will and intention.. they are!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
With all due respect, if they declare martial law in THIS country, they will be in for a world of hurt. Let's face it, there are far more armed and CAPABLE citizens here in the US of A than there are soldiers. They couldn't hope to hold a candle to us, even with advanced weaponry and tactical vehicles in place, i.e. tanks, jets, artillery etc. It's unlikely that the average American soldier would even fire upon citizens, and i have serious doubts that our own government would order the use of tanks and jets against our own cities and citizens. EVEN if they did, we are talking millions of armed citizens vs. a fraction of that in military infantry. The only way they could silence us if we all stood together in this worst-case, SHTF scenario is with nuclear or chemical warfare. Would they go so far as to poison their own country? Now THAT is a topic to debate.

i concur. they could never wrangle the entire country. its major huge and there are so many fools with guns.. just to think of the various militias in the south (WOW). they would be overwhelmed quickly. it would have to happen in stages and with some help from the outside. even if there was some sort of plan out there i doubt it would bear fruit during test time... i just don't see it. they would have to use nuclear, biological event to help it along but that too seems to be a very messy endeavor with too many ways it could go wrong for them and their ilk. however i do believe a major natural event could definitely provide the perfect smokescreen to pull off something substantial.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

You have a point there with some kind of natural catastrophe wreaking havoc. It still seems to me that if they were to outright attack us, the citizens, than their power base would pretty much become moot....they NEED us for all of that tax revenue that we supply them with.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Total Active duty -- Total Active 1,447,350

Enlisted Officer Female Civilian
1,155,898 224,887 198,490 596,920

I am not sure how many are state side, but alot are not.

By the time you knock out the females, some officers, supply, mechanics, etc.

I would say less than 100,000 combat troops. But I bet it's less.

Over two million showed up for Obama in DC, now just piss them off and give them guns.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people listen to this idiot! Let me tell you the truth
people this A-**hole along with Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, Rush Linbaugh
among others are experts at playing (scamming) the American people by using
psychological BS, their main objective is to sell their media and their books.
This scammers are getting richer by the day while quietly laughing at the ignorance of the masses. Alexandre Dumas said it best: "Kings and pawns,
Emperors and fools."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
amazing how many people listen to this idiot! Let me tell you the truth
people this A-**hole along with Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, Rush Linbaugh
among others are experts at playing (scamming) the American people by using
psychological BS, their main objective is to sell their media and their books.
This scammers are getting richer by the day while quietly laughing at the ignorance of the masses. Alexandre Dumas said it best: "Kings and pawns,
Emperors and fools."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Open letter from Glenn Beck to his viewers.

A letter from Glenn to you
February 24, 2009 - 13:05 ET

I made a promise to you and to myself that I would never share something with you that I didn’t believe because your trust and my reputation are too important. My job is to bring you the news and I work hard at finding those stories that aren’t found on the front pages or to present stories from a different perspective or explain them as a series of connected events rather than isolated occurrences.

For several years I have been telling you that I was connecting a series of seemingly unrelated events that were forming a ‘perfect storm’. I told you that America was headed for perilous economic times which would challenge our fortitude, our resiliency and determination. I told you that we were headed for hardships most of us hadn’t experienced in our lifetimes but that we could make it through and although we would be challenged we would not be broken by the storm. Our country, our parents and grandparents faced difficult times and have always emerged stronger. I believe that if we make the right choices America can be better, stronger and more strongly rooted in our core principles and values.

The ‘perfect storm’ message has been tough for me to bring to you. It takes a toll on me and I know it takes a toll on you. Several of my closest friends and colleagues told me that if I didn’t shut-up with all the ‘gloom and doom’ talk my ratings and advertising would suffer—they were right—but I owed it to you to keep bringing you the message, and I did. When I talk about the ‘perfect storm’ and disenfranchisement I do it from a growing sense of concern that our politicians and elected leaders are increasingly out-of-step with everyday Americans. My plea to the politicians is for them to become re-engaged, to return to our core and shared principles and values and to stop the politics of left and right. It’s not designed to stir-up angst or anger but to focus attention on real and growing problems. To those feeling isolated my message is that you are not alone and that we surround them.

This ‘perfect storm’ hasn’t run its course. The government’s determination to fight free-market forces guarantees higher unemployment, more business failures and continued economic contraction. I don’t want that to happen but that’s how I see it. Unfortunately, more good people who have paid their taxes and played by the rules increasingly feel isolated and disenfranchised from their government as they perceive that those who broke the rules get the bailouts while they get stuck with the tab. Civil unrest and demonstrations are already taking place in Iceland, Ireland, Spain and Greece. Police experts are predicting a summer of ‘discontent’ with riots in England and tensions boiling over in more European countries.

I hope and pray that we don’t see that happen there and work tirelessly to prevent it from happening here. I have repeatedly said that, as Americans we need to work within the constitutional framework by seeking out and voting individuals of honor and integrity into office while voting those without a shred of common decency out. Anyone who thinks that I am calling for, wishing for, or hoping for anything more is not listening to the message but is more interested in attacking the messenger.

We ARE a great country. Our best days are ahead of—not behind us. We need to rediscover those principles and values that have always grounded us to goodness and God—because it is there where we will remember that our true strength and power isn’t on Wall Street or the marble halls of Congress but in the hearts of WE THE PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So I guess with that letter the white house has clipped them.

More than just Beck, there have been several MSM pointing to a direction of getting the public fired up to fix the Govt.

But, I guess, we will just keep going down the road like the sheep, slaves or whatever we are.

very disapointing.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can't shake the feeling that Beck's either a disinfo agent or just adopts whatever the guest believes and meshes it with his own worldview that seems libertarian enough to get nods, yet non-committal enough to not go full-blown disclosure/truthist, all to get in the guest's good graces.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Poor research there.

It was Ireland and it was in response to a referendum which Ireland refused to perform on the dates proposed because there were two other elections on the same day.

To say it was a "big blow" is pure fantasy on your part.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I do not like Fox news, nor Glen Beck, but I did watch out of interest.

The only comment I have to say is this:

I don't understand why some folks believe that our military wouldn't fire on it's own people. It was not that long ago where four students at Kent State were fired upon and killed by our own National Guard.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
The only way they could silence us if we all stood together in this worst-case, SHTF scenario is with nuclear or chemical warfare. Would they go so far as to poison their own country? Now THAT is a topic to debate.

This goes slightly off topic, but it's related to what you have written.

If anyone has seen the movie Blindness, (not a great film, but interesting scenario and example of what people would do in a prison camp situation)
it induced alot of interesting conversation between friends and I.

How would we handle a situation as a group. Would we fight against each other? Would we divide our own selves? Would military follow orders and have no conscience when they are shoving you into a prison camp? Would they have trouble locking you in knowing their own people are dying or starving? Would they shoot you down if you were just a pain in the ass who was slowly dying anyway and refused to help you?

And... now I want to steer this picture of the superdome during Katrina.

And...personal accounts of people who were ordered to not cross a bridge or they would be shot on site. Or, accounts of military not giving out food and water unless you agreed to go to the superdome.

Do I think military is capable of following orders and killing you? yes, sure do.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

By the time you knock out the females, some officers, supply, mechanics, etc.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by j2000]

So, um - what are you saying here? Believe me when I tell you that 99.98% of the female enlisted soldiers can kick ass every bit as good as the boys.

Misogyny doesn't belong on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join