It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
www.atimes.com

Is this what their talking about?

Dont know how to snip.

The robbery of the century
By Chan Akya

I have previously written [1] about the impending failure of US mortgage borrowers, whose failure to pay would affect not only the US economy as many of them declare bankruptcy, but also worldwide markets, as the risk has been widely sold to investors in other countries, with the bulk of the losses coming in Asia.

Ratings, securitization in brief
Banks lend money to a number of companies but, more importantly, to millions of individuals. As banks themselves borrow money from other investors in the form of deposits and bonds, they would like to sell down some assets. However, anyone buying such assets from banks would be naturally worried about the quality of assets, and hence look to the banks to do two things: first, hold enough of the risk (what is called "skin" in the game) and, second, hire an independent evaluator of these securities.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well golds pushing up again.

Might be the BOJ, but it looks like some people are spooked to me.

The BOJ certainly aren't liquidating any gold.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

that forum has also just been locked

Forum Locked

The system is not accessible to persons in your
user classification at the present time.

The forum has regular "non-donor" lockdown periods, normally during
expected heavy load and/or volatile trading days. Gold donors are
exempt from these restrictions. See the FAQ for more information
on Gold Donor qualificatons.

Please try connecting later

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm in Britain now. I'm a very simple person so can someone explain what is going on then because I'm seeing lots of posting and feel slightly confused

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What is the rough estimate of USD Purchase here?
A figure would be good.

I can't get into the tickersite forum any more otherwise i would ask. It has to have something to do with Japan and Honda though.

I noticed today i'm 2 weeks behind on my car payment today (Honda) and i recieved a phone call every hour on the hour about it. Of course i stopped answering after the first two times.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

that forum has also just been locked

They're not used to all of the ATS traffic they're getting tonight.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

i know same as, & it does seem a little convenient that hilary is as the bbc put it, "quote- chosen asia as her first visit?oh i don't know it just is a little too much coincidence hey?
plus i do realise that the drunken? minister would probably have no alternative but to resign but something links with that too,all these ideas are based on intuition, not facts but that is always how i have walked my path n is why i knew about many conspiracies years ago,ie i was lead to them by often very unexplainable happenings or just inner feelings. u know im sure.as do so many atsers thankfully,x

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightinthedark33

A figure would be good.

I can't get into the tickersite forum any more otherwise i would ask. It has to have something to do with Japan and Honda though.

I noticed today i'm 2 weeks behind on my car payment today (Honda) and i recieved a phone call every hour on the hour about it. Of course i stopped answering after the first two times.

LOL

Thats how to deal with those pesky creditors alright. Cheeky sods!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You know something interesting happened today on cnbc. They said Osaba Bin Laden / al queda is going to wage war on the us financially. Starting to smell like a false flag deal. That will be very scary if we wake up tomorrow and hear some bs like that. It'll be time to realize the NWO or whatever you wanna call it,,well things will change dramatically. I don't believe a word of it, but it'll be fed by the bucketloads across the media. Scary stuff, from man that is dead. Says Bhutto before she died.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a way to combat this, or to 'level the playing field' so-to-speak. Everything I've heard so far is lose-lose for the entire globe.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

It is probably a lot more than ATS traffic. There many forex players that are practically glued to the internet and they will be fishing around if anything strange happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

A figure would be good.

LOL

Lmao yeah normally they call once or twice but i really did not think about the number of times they have been calling until the other poster had said something. I remember thinkign today my god why are they calling so much. They have never even called that much when i was 2 months late.

Tells you a lot about me doesnt it.

To explain im in a custodey battle right now. My vampire, oh i mean lawyer is getting all my mula.

And yeah it kinda made me laugh that they were calling so much and i would not answer. Cheeky Sod's they are!

[edit on 16-2-2009 by lightinthedark33]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Well, I'll repeat part of what I said before:

I wouldn't bet on anything now, other than the fact that you need 4 things to survive:
Food
Medical Supplies
Shelter
Protection from those who would steal the above

Take whatever you have to spare, and ensure that you have plenty of all 4.
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. All the gold in the world won't help you if you can't eat.

I ask you this simple question:

If there are two groups left in the world:
A.) who has food, medical supplies, shelter, and protection
and
B.) who has all the gold in the world

Which group would YOU rather be with?

This is the best way to protect yourself right now. Get off the playing field of the global markets, or you'll get squashed by the feet of the giants on that field now.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I will echo TJeffersonghost here.

Nothing to see here.

I was checking the "spike" and it looks to only be around a .5% gain...in short, not a noteworthy amount. If I am reading the Forex chart correctly...of which I may not be, it appears the dollars is RETAKING some of its lost ground from last week or two (zoom out), but not a hugely significant amount, it is still way below where it was a couple of weeks ago in relative terms.

ALSO

Any highly deregulated market can come under attack, George Soros kicked the crap out of the British Pound in 1992. All that is required is effective market power, which all economic players by definition have...not necessarily effectively...but some degree of power. A market can then be forced into a feedback loop and form a bubble, thus netting he who predicts/perceives the weakness/over/undervaluation a lot of money...of course if the attacker misperceives...he loses a ton of money...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

before the ticker forum was locked i read someone over there said over a trillion dollars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People are really spooked on this one which explains the raise in gold along with the USD. as their currencies drop they are running to gold. But it shouldn't be to much longer and gold will tank.

Whoever is buying up USD literally has the U.S. by the nads. Just as they caused everyone else currency to tank they can then turn around and do it to the U.S.

To me this smells like someone big is really short or about to go under. they are forcing liquidity on the world market and Asian banks start their earnings reports today!

hopefully they can keep this contained in asia. if it jumps to the euro zone both asia and europe are done stick a fork in them. but with in hours the U.S. will be done as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
If someone sucked all the US dollars out of the market what do you think that would do here? I'll tell you what it would do here. First there would be failed to delivers at banks. Then when people would go to withdraw money from their accounts some banks would either limit the amount of withdraw, or completely refuse any withdraw amount. After this, word will spread, people will panic, and a massive bank run will ensue.

Wrong. The dollars in peoples' banks don't even go on the market. That's like saying if gold goes way up in price, you wouldn't be able to access the gold in your safety deposit box.

I'm only on page 3 or so but this so far is totally not a big deal from the evidence being presented. It reminds me of the threads showing ten 1.5 earthquakes in an area and people are like "ZOMG 10 earthquakes have just hit, this is crazy unusual". A geologist would laugh at them, but who knows, maybe there is something to what's going on but I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Nice find OP.

S & F

What exactly does this mean?

I'm not a genius when it comes to the stock market by any means.

Whatever it is, it doesn't look good.

Is this possibly similar to what happened on Sept. 11 of last year?
www.abovetopsecret.com...'[edit on 16-2-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by David9176]

I have to ask you David9176 why S & F this post when you stated you have No Idea what this means?

"S & F What exactly does this mean? "

For all you don't know this could be a Hoax but you still S & F it,which seems a lot of posts are posted just to state that they S & F a post?

Zelong

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

A figure would be good.

LOL

Lmao yeah normally they call once or twice but i really did not think about the number of times they have been calling until the other poster had said something. I remember thinkign today my god why are they calling so much. They have never even called that much when i was 2 months late.

Tells you a lot about me doesnt it.

To explain im in a custodey battle right now. My vampire, oh i mean lawyer is getting all my mula.

And yeah it kinda made me laugh that they were calling so much and i would not answer. Cheeky Sod's they are!

[edit on 16-2-2009 by lightinthedark33]

That's Japanese efficiency for you - ringing you like clockwork.

Night.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Perhaps we should keep our ears to the ground regarding developments in Pakistan and North Korea.

Before countries move thier troops, they usually move their money,

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join