It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Thanks

Here's a news release that makes me shiver

February 17, 2009 "ICH" -- -Eastern Europe is about to blow. If it does, it could take much of the EU with it. It's an emergency situation but there are no easy solutions. The IMF doesn't have the resources for a bailout of this size and the recession is spreading faster than relief efforts can be organized. Finance ministers and central bankers are running in circles trying to put out one fire after another. Its only a matter of time before they are overtaken by events. If one country is allowed to default, the dominoes could begin to tumble through the whole region. This could trigger dramatic changes in the political landscape. The rise of fascism is no longer out of the question.

Emphasis mine. I strongly recommend reading the entire article

edit to fix link (I hope)

[edit on 2/17/09 by redhatty]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Why do people need an ATS thread to realize they are interested in something and/or learn something? If people are that interested, they should do their own individual research.

If there's one thing I've learned from this thread, it's that people will star and flag a thread even if they don't know what's going on. However, now that the original premise was debunked, this thread is pretty much done.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

it is part of a long-range plan to gain control of all the world's gold...and then, by proxy, all world power is consolidated in the hands of those who own the gold -- for a gold-based economy...

let's take a trip down memory lane:

video.google.com...

(it's a pretty long trip, but it is an important one to understand why you & your family may be starving this time next year...)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Forex failure continues in Poland

Polish authorities’ apparent reluctance to intervene is really beginning to worry analysts who believe the best solution is some sort of coordinated forex intervention, ideally with other Eastern European states.

Text

Event driven...possibly, official sector intervention.

Watch the Eastern European Exchanges...open around 2am ET.

*Time delayed quotes*

GL

Ref: JSMineset

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I won't actually call it debunked until we see Europe do fine. Many Asian markets close for lunch, so you don't see much change for that break

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If there's one thing I've learned from this thread, it's that people will star and flag a thread even if they don't know what's going on. However, now that the original premise was debunked, this thread is pretty much done.

If you believe that this has been debunked, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Why do people need an ATS thread to realize they are interested in something and/or learn something? If people are that interested, they should do their own individual research.

OK, so then why are you in ATS anyway? 60,000 points are quite a lot of points for someone who doesn't see the need for ATS threads.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
lol eastern europe isn't going to do fine... they've got a timebomb over there...

they blew their treasury wad bailing out their sectors a while back.. and they've borrowed trillions of dollars just to stay afloat...

I don't even thing the IMF would feel a need to bail out eastern europe, seeing as they only have one silver bullet left... They'd prally wait and inject it into FTSE or something along those lines...

Meanwhile... the Media in the U.S. is hellbent on convincing us everything is ok... the retarded thing... is they don't see the Irony in their headlines...

Two headlines off the CNN website right now:
"Without budget deal, California to lay off 20,000"

"The stock market isn't as bad as you think"

sigh....

MSM sux

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So many reason to buy US currencies:

A) Japan wants a weaker Yen, to help export.

B)Asian don't want their euro no more because Eurozone could collapse
faster than US.

C) War is comming.

D) China and others support US dollars since they hold so much of them.

E) Every central banks support US dollars, since the bail-outs could sink it.

F) Market anipulation

G) Big player has failled, and there is a need for US$ to pay for the CDS.

H) Reinhardt was right, Legatus sent the check, Big times ahead.

I) All the above

Who Knows, really ?

Gold is up .......again. 960.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

"The stock market isn't as bad as you think"

Yes, I saw that on my CNN tab, and I almost threw up my supper. I think it was the captain of the Titanic that said - "Don't worry. It's only a SMALL Iceberg."

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
US Currency will go up, and the Euro, and others will plummet. This is probably the work of China.
China has more to lose than the US does simply because of export and piggy backing. And if this is coming from asian markets, than I bet China is buying up the Dollar, so others will fall and they and the US will benefit.
Make sense?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

debunked my butt! this thing isn't debunked until europe and the U.S. markets open! If they do fine today then you might be able to claim this thread debunked.

We still really don't know what cased the panic in the Asian markets tonight and i doubt if we ever find out what really caused it.

I've said twice tonight this smells like someone big is getting ready to go under. and after reading a few articles spread around the net about eastern Europe i got a feeling Asia was just getting ready for Europe to open where the real firestorm will be today.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
hey guys i found a news article about this...i think
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I think it has more to do with panic. I think they realize that half of America is really P.O'd about this past election, not so much who got elected but the way it was handled if you catch my drift.

I think a lot of people would panic and then there is a whole other group of people that would seize upon the opportunity to do whatever it is they have been wanting to do for a long time.

I'm going to stay up for a little while longer and see what happens and what the markets do.

Right now it seems everybody is teetering on the edge of collapse and all it would take is a gust of wind in the wrong direction for it to all come crashing down.

I think we are witnessing the death of the fiat currency, personally, anybody that knows the history of fiat currency knows that there isn't a single fiat currency that has survived.

My question is what happens if fiat currency is declared dead what kind of mess would the world be in?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hey I just checked your profile and I see that you flagged this thread.

Why?

I found this thread to be very interesting, thought provoking and I learned a bit as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

as long as we have credit, there will ALWAYS be fiat currency, there's no way around it.

Even on a gold standard, fractional reserve banking was the norm.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I find our argument ironic. In questioningall's webbot thread, you were saying her thread was ridiculous, whereas I said not to judge completely. Now, I'm saying this thread is ridiculous, and you're saying not to judge this thread completely. However, both threads seem to have something in common: they appear to be heading toward the same "hoax/debunked" direction.

reply to post by deepred

Unfortunately, I jumped the gun and flagged it because I thought there would be some substance I would be interested in. Too bad there isn't an "unflag" or "unstar" button. Oh well.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
just checked the forex chart and the US dollar has dropped slightly recently but recovered almost immediately and is increasing again....should i be afraid?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

So in short, our monetary system will always continue to inflate and we will always be subject to severe crashes every ±10 years?

And credit and fractional reserve banking is what enables them to do this? I know that the answer is yes.

So another question, Would decentralized financial policy work, or would it shrivel up and die?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well I guess it's not as bad as you guys were saying??
It's been 12 min since UK market opened right?
No one is pulling out their hair or dropping bombs on this thread.
I hope everythings not as bad as we might have thought

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
So another question, Would decentralized financial policy work, or would it shrivel up and die?

Hate to answer a question with a question, but let me put it this way....

How many people would you trust in a decentralized fiscal environment?

How would you like to be the one who ended up with a Madoff?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join