It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
So do some of recommend pulling some money out?

It figures tomorrow is payday!!

Why can't this happen on Wed.

Screwed again damnit!!

Im still short goldman sachs from last week so I need a good tanking this week because my options contracts end friday. With that being said I also dont want a collapse of the system either.....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Look at Gold:

www.taxfreegold.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Christ, it's still going up. If thats anything to go by then it's the big one.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Could this be bribery?

Pay us now or we will DUMP everything that we just bought.

I'm not to keen on the currency markets like a lot of us here watching this thread.
anyways.....is this a conspiracy brewing?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

It's spiking big time.

link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Took gold a little while then it started to go up too.

Be careful trading on that though, because when folks implode, the sell off their gold stores and the price drops hard

link   
wait wait wait...we might all be jumping around for no reason. This might actually just be Japan buying a ton of dollars to strengthen the dollar. Honda came out today and said they cannot recover with a strong yen.

www.bloomberg.com...

so what would the BOJ do? Buy dollars to strengthen it....Im trying to be optimistic here

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, I'm not going to pretend to understand any of what's going on....most of it is over my head; but it seems like people who DO understand the markets are seriously worried by these events. I had a feeling this week would be bad

So does it look like the DJI will have a good day tomorrow, then crash badly? Or will it all go to hell from the very start? And is there any chance this will all come to nothing and prove to be a storm in a teacup - or is this really, really bad?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
...is there any chance this will all come to nothing and prove to be a storm in a teacup - or is this really, really bad?

It'll probably end up being like all of the other red alerts - a big let down - hopefully

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is weird. CNBC's website has a place where can watch live coverage of the asian markets and anytime I've ever tried it, that's exactly what has been on the live feed. Now though, they're just playing their regular programing for the U.S. Very strange!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

It seems reasonable.

Japan is heavily dependent on exports, especially to us and a stronger dollar will help them out tremendously with Japan in depression like conditions.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by lel1111
I'm not making light of this situation at all, but the thought crossed my mind of getting over to Costco (our big box store) to stock up on more necessities.

Anyone wanting to stock up should see this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow - I've never noticed that there. I read the reviews and it seems like a great bargain. Thanks for the tip.

Best to all ~

link   

WHY did I have to click on this thread...why damnit?

My eyes look like this right now.

link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
This is weird. CNBC's website has a place where can watch live coverage of the asian markets and anytime I've ever tried it, that's exactly what has been on the live feed. Now though, they're just playing their regular programing for the U.S. Very strange!

How often do you check it out?
That's pretty strange that this one time it would be acting up....

link   
Hrm... just did some quick looking around...

I can't seem to find a decent site that shows the volume of trading that has occured on the dollar...

Even if buisnesses in asia were imploding, it wouldn't stand to reason that the USD would rise against almost all other currencies...

Anyone know where I might be able to find USD volume and ADV trading stats? (Not a currency trader... so there might not be Volume/ADV stats for currencies... I dunno)

link   
reply to post by Curio

I wish I could tell you. We are looking at TRILLIONS being thrown into the currency markets and we don't have any real news to explain why this is happening.

If we knew the cause we could speculate about the effects, as it is all we can do is watch and wait

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So...Does this mean inflation?

Economics isn't my best subject but this doesn't sound good at all...for anyone.

What does this mean for the U.S.?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

As I said above, it's a national holiday, and the US markets are closed. When the US markets are closed, they don't display the market info for anyone at the top of the screen.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

you can try a "play money" account on www.thinkorswim.com

Otherwise, I am not sure

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

WHY did I have to click on this thread...why damnit?

My eyes look like this right now.

Because you, like probably most of us here...

Selected the Red pill.

Peace Be With Us All... red pill or not.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join