It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reuters Money

Volume on the main Taipei Forex Inc exchange was $178 million after 45 minutes of trade, higher than $89 million during the same period on Friday.

"Everybody is buying U.S. dollars with their eyes closed," said a dealer in Taipei. "Importers have been quite active this morning bidding for U.S. dollars."

Another confirmation.

Now when the news makes it mainstream for the OTHER Forex exchanges, we might get the big picture

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
While I'm not going to scream that Denninger is overreacting quite yet...

This could also be the affects of the news that japan is officially in a depression now.. That would send some yen traders toward the dollar...

but I'm still not thinking that japan has the trading power to spike the USD in the last few hours of trade like that...

There's obviously something happening... Woori is prabably going to collapse... which would effect the Yuan...

sigh... I dunno... seems too much of a jump in USD for a rather bland trading day in asia...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.usagold.com...

Live Streaming Gold Prices...watch by the minute if you need it that tight.
Otherwise...check in when you can. This is a great resource for gold prices...and purchase.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smokecrops

I felt the same way as you every time I saw a thread started by DimensionDetective and the countless "GOOD FIND! STAR AND FLAG XD
" posts I kept finding afterward. I don't blame DD because all he's doing is providing stories he likes. One thing I've learned to accept on the Internet is that some users are celebrities and will get stars and flags more often than others, and other users are new and don't fully understand just HOW MUCH these stories get posted, so they overreact to the point where there's page after page of stuff.

Could this finally be the end-all doom crash that some people have predicted (and others sadistically hoped for)? Perhaps it is. However, until it actually HAPPENS and we have more solid evidence that "London Bridge is falling down," all these pages of discussion seem to be doing nothing more than deciding one of ATS's "threads of the month."

Fear and overreacting are what the Illuminati thrive on. Whether this is all disastrous or not, somebody across the world is reading this thread and laughing.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Taipei Times from 21 minutes ago

Trade volume amounted to US$800 million on the Taipei Forex. Including transactions of US$348 million on the smaller Cosmos Foreign Exchange, total turnover reached US$1.148 billion, data from the two foreign exchanges showed.

Thats only 2 exchanges

good find red now we only have around 97 billion to be accounted for to make this true. I would have to say from here this thread is debunk'd.

From what i can see this is a normal reaction to Japan's econemy but nothing that will have a drastic effect on the US. Sme day traders here in the USA will prob make some big bucks off this though.

Im calling it a night.

Honestly if anyone can figure out where to other 97 billion USD are at that were talked about in the fxticker forum this is something to worry about. If not our market will have a slight raise in the morning. Nothign crazy because the day traders will pull out shortly after middle America starts their purchases.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Realize that that is only the volume from the Taipei and Cosmos exchanges. Those are relatively small exchanges too!

We don't have news from Tokyo, Singapore, Chine, etc.

And Europe hasn't even opened yet

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

This could also be the affects of the news that japan is officially in a depression now.. That would send some yen traders toward the dollar...

That is what I posted on page 3 of this thread:
I think it has more to do with the Japanese economy, and it's disastrous slide.
www.theage.com.au...

Japan plunges into depression * Peter Martin * February 17, 2009 AUSTRALIA'S biggest and most reliable customer, Japan, has plunged into depression, with federal Treasurer Wayne Swan now warning of the worst global downturn "in our lifetimes". - Japan among worst hit - Businesses forecast losses - Australian export fears Japan's economy shrank an annualised 12.7 per cent over the December quarter, its worst result since the 1974 oil shock. Japan is by far Australia's biggest export customer, accounting for one in every five container ships that leave Australia's shores. The new figures put it among the worst-hit casualties of the global crisis. The annualised contraction of 12.7 per cent, or 3.3 per cent in quarterly terms, dwarfs those of the United States and Europe and is much worse than anything that happened to Japan during its so-called "lost decade" of recession in the 1990s. The collapse in growth fits the profile of a depression — a deep recession in which annual GDP falls by 10 per cent or more. Australia's other big customer, China, has had its growth rate almost halved from 13 to 6.8 per cent. "These figures reveal just how serious the global recession is becoming," Mr Swan said. "They follow on the heels of the worst contraction in the euro area since records began in 1980. "The last three months of 2008 are likely to have seen the sharpest synchronised downturn in the global economy in our lifetimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Irregardless, you bet this thread will have over 100 flags and 20 pages of replies by this time tomorrow. I wish people would stop overreacting crazily until something actually HAPPENS. If the market opens tomorrow and Europe is on the brink of bankruptcy, I can understand it, but what will people do tomorrow if Europe opens and there is extremely little change? Will everybody in the thread just ignore it and move onto the next doomsday scenario thread?

When it happens, it happens. Discussing the same information for pages and page will make very little positive construction.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by smokecrops

I felt the same way as you every time I saw a thread started by DimensionDetective and the countless "GOOD FIND! STAR AND FLAG XD
" posts I kept finding afterward. I don't blame DD because all he's doing is providing stories he likes. One thing I've learned to accept on the Internet is that some users are celebrities and will get stars and flags more often than others, and other users are new and don't fully understand just HOW MUCH these stories get posted, so they overreact to the point where there's page after page of stuff.

Could this finally be the end-all doom crash that some people have predicted (and others sadistically hoped for)? Perhaps it is. However, until it actually HAPPENS and we have more solid evidence that "London Bridge is falling down," all these pages of discussion seem to be doing nothing more than deciding one of ATS's "threads of the month."

Fear and overreacting are what the Illuminati thrive on. Whether this is all disastrous or not, somebody across the world is reading this thread and laughing.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by SonicInfinity]

Yeah i think i for one got a little carried away in this thread with out doing as much research as i should have. I guess the only reason why i did'nt is because most people in the FXticker forum can be considered reliable. Another reason why i did not do as much research is becuase while i'm series 7 certified, i have never learned how to really study foreign markets. You need to be a day trader to do that.

I have a friend who is a day trader in Florida and just by watching how specific stocks are impacted on their markets he can tell where and what will go up in ours the next day. He goes in and makes purchases and as soon as middel America starts investing in the stock he pulls out.

Dude is loaded!

link   
FWIW, Denninger just Updated his Ticker

Now he thinks that Eastern Europe is going to be the area to watch, so if you are staying up to watch, the Euro will be the thing to watch

link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yah, but for some reason, just that one answer doesn't seem to be big enough for me... concidering the amount of move... It seems like it has to be either a combination of factors... or, some huge money trying to manipulate the market...

But seriously... the dollar is the worst bet you can make right now... the day before the Automakers have to meet with the administration?

All the press releases from the obama camp seem to be leaning in the direction of Bankruptsy for them...

that will DESTROY our market if they announce that tomorrow...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

For all the gold to buy all the food protection and shelter they need!!

Here is your SHTF Stimulus Package1!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Irregardless, you bet this thread will have over 100 flags and 20 pages of replies by this time tomorrow. I wish people would stop overreacting crazily until something actually HAPPENS. If the market opens tomorrow and Europe is on the brink of bankruptcy, I can understand it, but what will people do tomorrow if Europe opens and there is extremely little change? Will everybody in the thread just ignore it and move onto the next doomsday scenario thread?

When it happens, it happens. Discussing the same information for pages and page will make very little positive construction.

I understand where you are coming from, but even when the thread turns out to be a non-event, people learn things. In the Yellowstone thread I learned TONS of info on seismology - in this thread some people are learning what effect the FX has on the markets, commodities, inflation, swap lines, etc.

People will go to the threads that interest them, whether they be "doom and gloom" or "alien abductions" or "9/11 conspiracies."

The thread title comes DIRECTLY from the article posted in the OP. If you think that is fear mongering, send an email to the author of the article

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

But seriously... the dollar is the worst bet you can make right now... the day before the Automakers have to meet with the administration?

Oh, I wouldn't invest in the dollar or anything else right now. As I've said all along, the big guys are making money on day to day, hour to hour, and minute to minute moves. The little guy would get swamped in any market. I still believe that food is the area people should be concerned with. In the long run, those markets will go through the roof, as all else unravels. For now, though, the small investor should be buying non-perishable foods for storage. That, to me, is a no-brainer.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

All the press releases from the obama camp seem to be leaning in the direction of Bankruptsy for them...

Oh no, they are getting more money 4 Billion more to GM

link   

The thread title comes DIRECTLY from the article posted in the OP. If you think that is fear mongering, send an email to the author of the article

Actually, you did people a service by posting this thread. People need to understand that it isn't just a one day event that will determine their future. It is a combination of all of the manipulation that has been, and continues to go on, and will continue until it all comes crashing down. The world economy is the largest Ponzi scheme going, and it too, will soon go down.
I've said it so many times, I'm getting weary, but I'll say it once more.
You need 4 things to survive:

Food
Medical supplies & care
Shelter
A way to protect items 1,2, and 3

All else is meaningless.

link   

The euro fell to a 10-week low against the dollar after Moody’s Investors Service said it may downgrade a number of banks with units in Eastern Europe, adding to concern financial turmoil in the region is worsening.

bloomberg

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, but even when the thread turns out to be a non-event, people learn things. In the Yellowstone thread I learned TONS of info on seismology - in this thread some people are learning what effect the FX has on the markets, commodities, inflation, swap lines, etc.

People will go to the threads that interest them, whether they be "doom and gloom" or "alien abductions" or "9/11 conspiracies."

In addition to what red has posted here. i know the chatting in the thread and doom and gloom was 100% correct about what would happen if over 1 trillion USD were purchased tonight.

We all learn from threads like this. One thing i'm proud of is unlike 98% of the threads people post to in this forum this was actually debunked prior to the opening of the stock market this a.m. . That would not of happened if the people who star and flagged this thread had not started doing research.

Good job mates i'm calling it a night

If you found out there's another 97 billion we over looked don't call me i would like to sleep through the panic lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Makes sense to me. Sell Asian and European currencies and run to the US Dollar long enough to buy Gold, which of course is sole in US$. Then take time to breathe and see what happens. Gold may very well be $1200/ounce by Friday. $1500 by March 15...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Oh no, they are getting more money 4 Billion more to GM

This is true, they are getting the 4 billion promised back in december... however, they were asking for more on top of that...

The obama administration has asked for GM's plan they are presenting tomorrow, also include a plan for bankruptsy... and they've announced that "government sanctioned bankruptsy" is still an option...

They may give them the 4 billion to help shore up their obligations to the UAW... then tell them to restructure via Chapter 11...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join