It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ok, typing this on my new G1 cell phone so bare with me. i was going to post earlier that i did not see anything significant, but held my breath and waited. after reviewing the asian market and euro futures, i still see no urgency. i dont see anyone panicing. i dont see an irrational reaction in the markets. us futures are at the approx same leves since saturday. so...

what am i missing? (forex markets are far large then all world stock markets, so the volume does not concern me)

hmm. not bad for a cell phone?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by danman23
I just read this whole thread... is there any possibility that the unaccounted for money from the first bailout was flipped a few times over into different currencies to make money and is now being used to buy up USD?

Not over that many crosses all at the same time.

ALL the Asian markets were buying LOTS of USD - everything from Euro to forint to yuan to yen has been buying up dollars

Now it's time to see if Eastern Europe can survive the damage done to it's currencies so far

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I`m wondering if this has anything to do with China getting stuck with having to buy up more of our debt because of the new stimulus package that went through. They are getting pretty POed at us right now, because they are about the only ones who have the money to be able to buy our debt. They seem to get stuck buying more and more of our worthless paper debt. This could be a way of making it worth something to them. I may be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

i watch bloomberg on the net, as well as etrade to watch specific stocks, and cnbc on tv as well as bloomberg. i also have news feeds from bloomberg and wallstreet journal on my phone. hmm. just realized im a nerd....

liberating.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Fiat, Treasuries are going UP, so that doesn't make sense

Dan, you said

Someone back in the thread said that doing these types of transactions is very risky.. so doing it with our money instead of their own limits the risk so that if they mess up we just loose our money and they owe us it.. but they could just file bankrupcy right?? Anyways.. could someone answer the above question?

We are talking about a currency devaluation that can make a WHOLE COUNTRY go bankrupt.

That you don't want to see happening anymore - Iceland was bad enough

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

after hour markets move violently, take a look at the rest of the article below the film clip, it says it has "settled down", but the NYSE is not going to look pretty in a few hours. don't load up the pickup with survival gear just yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
jimmy,

look at this chart Does that look settled down?

By the way, that BIG RED SPIKE DOWN was ONE MOVE!!!

SOMEONE just threw a HUGE amount of money into the zloty to defend it

Edit to add: We are NOT looking at stocks, we are looking at FOREX - Currencies

[edit on 2/17/09 by redhatty]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Someone who knows what's going on please keep an eye on this for us non currency tradin noncoms.

Oh, and splain it please lucy. I don't get all the 287/$%$#@ stuff!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
I`m wondering if this has anything to do with China getting stuck with having to buy up more of our debt because of the new stimulus package that went through. They are getting pretty POed at us right now, because they are about the only ones who have the money to be able to buy our debt. They seem to get stuck buying more and more of our worthless paper debt. This could be a way of making it worth something to them. I may be wrong though.

yup, this is the real crisis...china NOT buying our treasuries...they have us by the twig and berries.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

I just read this whole thread... is there any possibility that the unaccounted for money from the first bailout was flipped a few times over into different currencies to make money and is now being used to buy up USD?

Not over that many crosses all at the same time.

ALL the Asian markets were buying LOTS of USD - everything from Euro to forint to yuan to yen has been buying up dollars

Now it's time to see if Eastern Europe can survive the damage done to it's currencies so far

Ok, but what Im saying is maybe they changed the dollars into Euro, yen, etc... then now are putting it back into USD... for whatever reason.. make money, crash the ecomony.. whatever... ya know.. its kinda a stupid move unless you wanted the ecomony to fail... or unless there was a way to make money in the process. Im sure there would be a reason why ceratin people would want the economy to fail... (NWO... Amero.. whatever you want to call it) and there are obviously people who want to make money.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

i get we are looking at forex, but if a currency was collapsing or something major occured, the markets would follow the trend set by the forex... yes?

link   
Thanks people... my eyes are bleeding as well but I made it through all 13 pages.

A little freaked out. But trying to remain calm.

Thanks for the info.
I am thinking I will check back in the morning to see if I should freak out or not.

link   

Ok, but what Im saying is maybe they changed the dollars into Euro, yen, etc... then now are putting it back into USD... for whatever reason.. make money, crash the ecomony.. whatever... ya know.. its kinda a stupid move unless you wanted the ecomony to fail... or unless there was a way to make money in the process. Im sure there would be a reason why ceratin people would want the economy to fail... (NWO... Amero.. whatever you want to call it) and there are obviously people who want to make money.

Then you would see peaks and valleys as the money shifted, you would not see ALL the currencies devalue against the dollar at once, and continuously for hours. That is exactly what we saw tonight

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well, it was thought that they would not buy our 30 year notes, and would end up buying the 5-10 year notes. They did come out and say that they would buy the 30 year notes, but, that they were very upset with us about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Eventually, but not necessarily at the same time.

If a country's stock market and forex open and the catastrophe is in the forex, many people will put their money there to try and make a quick profit.

Usually the major events in FOREX are from central banks or their feeder banks, but for the crazy action tonight, we are still trying to find the trigger.

There has been no major news to justify this kind of action

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by jimmyx

Well, it was thought that they would not buy our 30 year notes, and would end up buying the 5-10 year notes. They did come out and say that they would buy the 30 year notes, but, that they were very upset with us about it.

It's all just posturing, they will keep buying our treasuries, they NEED us to stay afloat to keep them afloat

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So If the worst were to happen how would it play out in FX and Stocks?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Then you would see peaks and valleys as the money shifted, you would not see ALL the currencies devalue against the dollar at once, and continuously for hours. That is exactly what we saw tonight

Firstly.. sorry for gettin off topic.. but it just popped into my head.. some people here are trying to figure out who has been doing this.
Anyways, I think I understand what you are saying.. if they switched the currencies you would see it happen.
But i was thinking they have had, what, 5 months to move the money around and flip it (double it, triple it) Then say.. the money has been in euro, yen etc.. for the past month.. they put it all into USD at once.. like what you are seeing.. right?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
is this what everyone is talking about?
www.reuters.com...

dow futures are sliding

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here's a couple of links I follow:

www.bloomberg.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
freeserv.dukascopy.com... =7&c=&rfi=false&show_labels=true&show_border=false
freeserv.dukascopy.com... e=-1&rfi=false&height=300&p1=2&p2=3&p3=7&c=415159&detach=true©r=true&refcode=c7e46892473ad759032ef3a263cc87ac8727f769a33d3756563f7892662d968d70638 17a7d316674337872
freeserv.dukascopy.com... e=-1&rfi=false&height=300&p1=2&p2=3&p3=7&c=415227&detach=true©r=true&refcode=c7e46892473ad759032ef3a263cc87ac8727f769a33d3756563f7892662d968d70638 17a7d316674337872
freeserv.dukascopy.com... e=-1&rfi=false&height=300&p1=2&p2=3&p3=7&c=415248&detach=true©r=true&refcode=c7e46892473ad759032ef3a263cc87ac8727f769a33d3756563f7892662d968d70638 17a7d316674337872
ichart.finance.yahoo.com...
ichart.finance.yahoo.com...
www.cnbc.com...
www.cnbc.com...
money.cnn.com...

Coincidence...G-7 this weekend...Hillary in Asia?
2 Yr Swap Spread is going up fast...

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join