It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmiccat
again please excuse my ignorance of such matters but is it possable this could have something to do with this ?www.reuters.com...

Probably not, That fellow lost "face" by being seem intoxicated at such an "important" meeting. In that culture, he really had no choice but to resign.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Go to Bloomberg for live coverage. CNBC likes to have pre recorded business stories (ie. "House of Cards") on during no market holidays.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
looks like allot of other sites have started bird dogging the ticker site because of the news. The site admin just said this about the traffic.

Its the Ticker itself, not the forum, that is getting slammed. Apparently I got linked on one or more high-volume "alternative" sites.

Hmm, I wonder if it is the ATS affect?

Edit to add another comment I thought was funny.

I don't mind the exposure but godd*** it is slamming me. I've put up more Ticker traffic in the last 30 minutes than an entire average day.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Digital_Reality]

link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Originally posted by lightinthedark33

So for them to purchase that much USD they had to know something was about to really go down on the foreign markets. When they pulled all their $ from where it was at, it started a chain reaction and panic.

It could also have been done with the intent of driving down other currencies... We won't know for a while most likely... Depends on the motive behind the move...

Something tells me we are going to have some more countries pissed at us in the a.m. . This seems more liek a calculated move and not just a country or nation making a large purchase. Perhaps this was even a attack of economic terrorism. That would hit us the hardest right now.

Yah, but there can't be a huge amount of people who could afford to pour that much money into the USD... we're talking TRILLIONS here... its a LOT of money...

Its really impeccable timing though... Most governments abandoned the USD as a reserve currency late last year...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by nj2day]

Yeah thats what is freaking me out the most the fact that we are talking trillions of dollars of USD purchased. I tihnk it's safe to assume on of 3 things.

1. Something dirty happened on our end

2. Another country saw it as a way to temp bail themselves out

3. or as i said before it is economic terrorism

Does anyone know if a purchase of this size has ever been made on USD before?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by lightinthedark33]

link   
Looks like Karl Denninger has "locked up" the forum to contributors only over at www.tickerforum.org...

One thing is for sure, Karl's spooked. _javascript:icon('
')

Have to go to bed. Be back in a few hours. I suppose I need to call in sick tomorrow and find a few good put plays on the indexes.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
looks like allot of other sites have started bird dogging the ticker site because of the news. The site admin just said this about the traffic.

Its the Ticker itself, not the forum, that is getting slammed. Apparently I got linked on one or more high-volume "alternative" sites.

Hmm, I wonder if it is the ATS affect?

And GLP and LATOC and probably a few more. Bears Chat links to it too

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

that was my thoughts when i posted that hilary is in asia rgt now!!!& now having just posted the link about Japanese minister resigning im also wondering (in my ignorance)if he could be 'like a women scorned'in that he himself is buying in order to pay them back for his treatment over being drunk or not as the truth maybe?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So for them to purchase that much USD they had to know something was about to really go down on the foreign markets. When they pulled all their $ from where it was at, it started a chain reaction and panic.

It could also have been done with the intent of driving down other currencies... We won't know for a while most likely... Depends on the motive behind the move...

Something tells me we are going to have some more countries pissed at us in the a.m. . This seems more liek a calculated move and not just a country or nation making a large purchase. Perhaps this was even a attack of economic terrorism. That would hit us the hardest right now.

Yah, but there can't be a huge amount of people who could afford to pour that much money into the USD... we're talking TRILLIONS here... its a LOT of money...

Its really impeccable timing though... Most governments abandoned the USD as a reserve currency late last year...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by nj2day]

Yeah thats what is freaking me out the most the fact that we are talking trillions of dollars of USD purchased. I tihnk it's safe to assume on of 3 things.

1. Something dirty happened on our end

2. Another country saw it as a way to temp bail themselves out

3. or as i said before it is economic terrorism

When the system went into melt down last year it was Billions of dollar cash accounts being pulled en masse. Theres a video on you tube somewhere with some US senator type bod saying the FED had predicted something like $5Trillion would have been pulled by afternoon tea if they hadn't pulled the plug & issued a $250K guarantee per account.

Looks like a second mass attempt to screw the world economy.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Here is the video you mentioned:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Yeah I know but ATS does have that affect on sites. I feel for the site Admin from the ticker right now.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Digital_Reality]

link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
I don't think it's quite that simple. If you think fiat is dead then gold or silver is a good bet. I have seen the value of my gold increase in GBP by around 40% even though it's dollar value is around the same price now as when I bought it.

I'm not 100% on this being the death of fiat... But you're right... if you believe it is going to be... its the time to buy in

I might be overly cautious, but gold at the price it is currently doesn't seem sustainable to me... I'd be more interested in the Manufacturing metals actually...

Picking up stocks for pennies sounds good in principle, but the economy is so out of whack that a good number of companies are going to fail, and if we get the inflation thats likely from rampant printing then you'll be needing more than pennies to buy anything.

Yah, Inflation is going to be rough lol. I'm banking on the fact that the Government has already identified the companies they won't allow to fail... after everything hits the floor and starts to come up... you know those companies they've been propping up won't disappear

link   
Nice one

I couldn't remember who it was on the vid.

link   

Originally posted by cosmiccat
reply to post by Dark Jester

that was my thoughts when i posted that hilary is in asia rgt now!!!& now having just posted the link about Japanese minister resigning im also wondering (in my ignorance)if he could be 'like a women scorned'in that he himself is buying in order to pay them back for his treatment over being drunk or not as the truth maybe?

Jap prime minister would not be able to purchase the kind of money we are talking about with out rapeing the Japanese people of everything they had.

It could be all Japanese investors together dumping and going to USD.

The more and more i tihnk about it, it seems like this is econimic warfare. I'm currently researching to see if we have ever had USD purchased in this volume ever in history. Having a hard time finding anything, anyone care to help.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
I don't think it's quite that simple. If you think fiat is dead then gold or silver is a good bet. I have seen the value of my gold increase in GBP by around 40% even though it's dollar value is around the same price now as when I bought it.

I'm not 100% on this being the death of fiat... But you're right... if you believe it is going to be... its the time to buy in

I might be overly cautious, but gold at the price it is currently doesn't seem sustainable to me... I'd be more interested in the Manufacturing metals actually...

Picking up stocks for pennies sounds good in principle, but the economy is so out of whack that a good number of companies are going to fail, and if we get the inflation thats likely from rampant printing then you'll be needing more than pennies to buy anything.

Yah, Inflation is going to be rough lol. I'm banking on the fact that the Government has already identified the companies they won't allow to fail... after everything hits the floor and starts to come up... you know those companies they've been propping up won't disappear

Interesting perspective. I guess the ones they need to prop up are the major manufacturers & maybe agriculturals.

I think the financials might be beyond help

link   
I would be less inclined to believe that it is a COUNTRY that is making these moves, and MORE inclined to believe that much more powerful people with huge monetary assets are manipulating for purposes that only THEY can fathom. Remember that magicians draw your eyes to what they WANT you to see, while pulling the real strings out of sight. It's what you DON'T SEE that is the real trick here, I believe.
Once this became a WORLD ECONOMY, WORLD MARKET-PLACE, at the speed of computers, the rest of us lost any real ability to control our own destinies.
I wouldn't bet on anything now, othre than the fact that you need 4 things to survive:
Food
Medical Supplies
Shelter
Protection from those who would steal the above

Take whatever you have to spare, and ensure that you have plenty of all 4.
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. All the gold in the world won't help you if you can't eat.

I ask you this simple question:

If there are two groups left in the world:
A.) who has food, medical supplies, shelter, and protection
and
B.) who has all the gold in the world

Which group would YOU rather be with?

link   
[

This reminds me of George Soros in 1992 selling Pound stirling short..around 10 billion it...he made 1.1 billion pounds profit and nearly broke the bank of England!

I wonder who the George Soros of 2009 will turn out to be??

[edit on 16-2-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmiccat

Everytime I look at this it keeps coming back to me as if the NWO whats the econ in other countries to fail so that they can somehow step in and dissolve the countries and create a New Order.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No story here folks so go to bed. This is just a well timed bit of market manipulation. This is the BOJ buying a ton of dollars to strengthen it up to help their exporting business which is being killed by the stronger yen. This is clear because
A. Hillary is over there
B. Honda comes out and says if we dont get a stronger USD bye bye Japan economy....

So the BOJ does some major selling of assets and putting them in dollars.....

link   
Man, gold and silver are flying high right now....curious to see if it continues in our markets......scary stuff.

link   
What is the rough estimate of USD Purchase here?
A figure would be good.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join