It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More balls of fire seen in skies over Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why is everyone getting all excited about these "fireballs" when you know damn well it's just the debris from those satellites that collided.

If these "fireballs" really are something extraterrestrial or something then I think we will find out soon enough. The governments probably can't cover up every single one, and there have been a lot of these things now.

Ok, how much huge fireballs can two small satelites make ?
So tupid to say, these fireballs where dropping out of the sky long before that satalite incident.
Kind of annoying how they use those satelites to cover the fact it is rocks/ice that falls and will most likely be more of and more often.
If im not mistaking, the planet is going thru this meteor belt called Leonis, isnt that right ?????

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
You made me wonder how many fireballs have been reported in the US lately. When searching I found the following site that keeps yearly tables on fireball reports. I honestly didn't know that they were this common.

Fireball Monitoring Program

Hmmm.. I looked at the site and there are quite a few here over the last day reported in Austin Tx which is a bit odd considering we have thick cloud cover. Kind of makes me question the validity of the witnesses. Still, however, this does not negate that there does seem to be the increase in the activity. *shrugs*

[edit on 18-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Ok, how much huge fireballs can two small satelites make ?

Please use the search function in future, all of this info has been posted here on ATS before:

Satellite collision 'more powerful than China's ASAT test

The resulting "unprecedented" debris field, says Lewis, is still being analysed by space agencies. But he expects it to create an extra 10,000 debris shards varying in size from centimetres to tennis-ball sized – more than triple the number created in the ASAT test.

"There was more energy here than in the Chinese ASAT test so it's possible we'll see more debris," Lewis says.

Nicholas Johnson, chief scientist for orbital debris at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, says the exact amount of debris generated in the collision depends on the geometry of the smashup, which is not yet known.

Source: newscientist.com

So tupid to say, these fireballs where dropping out of the sky long before that satalite incident.
Kind of annoying how they use those satelites to cover the fact it is rocks/ice that falls and will most likely be more of and more often.

They are not/were not trying to cover up anything. They 'jumped the gun'. This is all in previous posts, if you search for it...

If im not mistaking, the planet is going thru this meteor belt called Leonis, isnt that right ?????

The 'Leonids' you mean? The Leonids are the dust/debris left behind in the wake of comet Temple-Tuttle. We pass through that dust/debris stream every November, and the meteor shower that results lasts for a few days/weeks.

That is not the only cometary meteor shower. There are many known showers. That is a list of the most active showers.

On top of this, we are constantly bombarded by asteroids, and this time of year tends to be the peak of this type of activity. We are basically always passing through 'meteor-belts'.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Hmmm.. I looked at the site and there are quite a few here over the last day reported in Austin Tx which is a bit odd considering we have thick cloud cover. Kind of makes me question the validity of the witnesses. Still, however, this does not negate that there does seem to be the increase in the activity. *shrugs*

Please keep in mind that each entry is a 'fireball report', and that large events can have many reports. Reports referring to the same event are annotated with a letter (eg. 125a, 125b, 125c, etc.).

In cases where a very bright meteor is involved, it's not unusual that it can be seen through clouds, although it's likely that most reports would be from areas where the sky is relatively clear.

There is no increase in activity - only in meteors being reported. This is not the same thing. Please use the search function/check the other threads discussing this topic, since all of this info has been covered here on ATS here before.

--

Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region
UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!
Texans report fireball in sky, sonic booms
Another so called Bolid!
Proof of UFO coverup from Texas on CNN
Breaking News: Two Satellites Collide In Orbit
Satellite Debris Video?
Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

....and I've been so careful hehe. Anyway, it wasn't a speeeling eroor, it was a typo

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ok ... this thread is about fireballs over Britain, and I think we may be getting sidetracked.
First , if you are thinking about comet like objects, then you are not thinking about the right kind of fireball . The objects that were prevalant in britain at the time of OP and subsequent eyewitness testimony are NOT cometary . That I can state as fact, because comets dont hover in one spot then disapear only to reapear in another spot. DOESNT HAPPEN. Can we get the HELL away from comets please because they are a waste of time in regards to the topic of this thread, as are any objects which do not move under power (ie debris asteroids and assorted junk is all irrelavent to this topic)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The objects that were prevalant in britain at the time of OP and subsequent eyewitness testimony are NOT cometary .

It's likely you are right, however, we can not say for sure as we have not seen any footage (and even then it's not always easy to tell). Some of the fireballs seen may well be cometary.

That I can state as fact, because comets dont hover in one spot then disapear only to reapear in another spot. DOESNT HAPPEN.

Nor do asteroids. By the sound of it, these could be more Chinese lanterns.

Can we get the HELL away from comets please because they are a waste of time in regards to the topic of this thread, as are any objects which do not move under power (ie debris asteroids and assorted junk is all irrelavent to this topic)

Since when do asteroids or junk move under power?

Why should we stop talking about comets? Cometary material is well known to cause fireballs.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Because fireballs is a ridiculous thing to call what was happening over the UK on the 16th of this month. We arent talking streaks of light, and nonsense which could be NORMAL extra atmospheric jetsam falling into the atmosphere... that is NOT the key issue. The key issue is what the hell were the floating , soundless, orange glowing things. Now THATS ufo. I have seen the lantern excuses made, and I just cant buy it . Not a bit. These things were brighter than street lamps the other side of the Thames estuary. You can see alot on the other shore on a clear night, but the objects I witnessed were many times the strength in terms of candlepower.
I mean am I missing something ? Did NO ONE ELSE see what was happening over the UK or did everyone else see some mundane debris drop??HEY EVERYONE !!! If you saw both the comet like (yawn ) incedent and the orb like one , get your priorities straight!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I agree, if they are seeming to hover etc, then they are not meteors. I have not read the reports, but if these object moved in anything less than a straight line, then they could not be meteors. Having said this, meteors can appear to be 'balls of light' and not streaks - just FYI.

I'm not going to get into a debate about weather these were or were not lanterns, but I will say, after having seen one myself, you don't what they are capable of until you have seen them for yourself!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Yes sir, both changes in altitude and course with the objects I refer to .
NOT A ONE LINER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join