It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texans report fireball in sky, sonic booms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Texans report fireball in sky, sonic booms

www.cnn.com

Sonic booms and at least one fireball in the sky were reported in Texas on Sunday, less than a week after two satellites collided in space and a day after the Federal Aviation Administration asked U.S. pilots to watch for "falling space debris," authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this story is related to the satellite collision reported last week. It certainly sounds like possible satellite re-entry but a bit unsettling having to inform pilots to be on the lookout for falling debris. What if the material is radioactive or otherwise? Given the volume of satellites orbiting the Earth anything is possible.

video link

brill

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-2-2009 by brill]

Edit to add video since original is no longer working

[edit on 16-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
As I mentioned in the original thread about the satellite collision, for the next few weeks there will be debris falling from it and be mistaken for UFO's and other things, but in fact will be the debris simply being overcome by gravity and creating nice light shows and booms in the comming weeks.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
However this piece was too fast to be debris from the satellites. It's a natural meteorite. Lucky shot by the cameraman btw

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I find it incredible that over the last three months we have seen how many meteors falling to Earth?

Then satellites collide, which is also odd considering they are on courses plotted to prevent such. But I suppose courses degrade.

Then we have warnings to expect debris falling.

I think we're going to see a lot more "debris" falling over the next few months (or years), and a lot more "excuses" as to why we're seeing meteors.

My interpretation?

We're seeing the very first tentative movements in our solar system caused by the arrival of a planet we've never seen before. Call it what you like, there is evidence that there is another planet that we haven't seen.
The presence of this planet would cause unknown issues in our region of space.

Looking over history, there is evidence of this periodic arrival, and periodic catastrophes and floods on Earth. As documented by almost every known ancient civilization.
The Mayans had an incredible knowledge about the solar system, and a similar history of documented catastrophe at these periodic times.

They knew of the existence of the other planet, they knew when it was arriving, and they witnessed the damage each time it arrived. They built their calendar and "end of the world" around the arrival of this planet.

The 2012 date is assigned by the Mayans because this is a watershed moment. We don't know if that date is the date this planet is in a specific alignment, if it's when it becomes visible, if it's when life contacts us from said planet, if this is the pole shift caused by it.

One thing that can be guaranteed though, is that NASA are hiding something. And that this planet will begin to effect Earth (and everything else) long before we can see it in the sky.
I think NASA have known about this for over a decade, and the US government has been preparing for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just an update from this morning's paper. The government is saying that there is no connection to the collision in space.

Houston Chronicle

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My wife saw this while we were driving yesterday. I was looking out the passenger window when she yelled about a fireball right in front of us. By the time I looked, it was gone...Bummer. Several of the guys here at work said they saw it yesterday too.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.mysanantonio.com...

says it was NOT debris.................

interesting.

It turned out it wasn't debris from Tuesday's collision of two satellites over Russia after all, according to the Domestic Events Network of the Federal Aviation Administration.

Federal authorities now believe the source was not manmade.

At the same time, the FAA received reports from residents and police agencies across Central and South Texas of a similar meteor-like flash or “a fireball” accompanied by a loud noise.

question is......... what was it then?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What is wierd is that part of a Russian Rocket was crashing over Canada the other day........www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So if it can't be seen, how do NASA even know about it? Where is this so called evidence? badly misinterpreted old or disfigured pictures of our solar system and/or mayan period antiquaties. This so called planet would have to be the size of a star and hence not a planet to start effecting us so soon after it appearing on the edge of our solar system, in which case i think even amateur astronomers would probably notice either the change in orbits or dissappearance of Neptune and Uranus as such a big "planet" would without a doubt effect any planets smaller then the Earth first. And then in which case why all the worry, if it truly does exist and truly is that big, then there is nothing anyone can do about it anyway so what does it matter if its being kept secret or not?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Alot of strange space happenings lately. I am just getting to the point to where its starting to scare the crap out of me.6 in the past week. And maybe more to come. A Rocket, 2 unexplained Fireballs, something in sweeden, And 2 satellites. So yeah this is getting freaky. Now we will be having space junk from the sats to worry about over the next few weeks or years and what ever else may try and come at us??

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

thanks for posting this. i live in austin and a friend of mine saw this on sunday. he thought it was a visible falling star during the day which confused us both. thanks again.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by azurite
reply to post by brill

thanks for posting this. i live in austin and a friend of mine saw this on sunday. he thought it was a visible falling star during the day which confused us both. thanks again.

Does your friend or you have any pictures or video by chance? There is not a lot being said about this. Obviously the initial assumptions outlined a possible link to the satellite crashes but there are now conflicting reports.

brill

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
CNN had a little about it finally a few minutes ago. But it said it had nothing to do with the Sats. And its still a mystery. If you ask me there is just way to many things falling from the sky lately.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The latest events are probably all natural meteors, and none of this is unusual. Meteors occur all the time, but usually the public don't get to hear about it... until now.

Why now? CCTV, fireball camera networks, phone cameras, etc. There are more of these than ever before, and without footage, there is no story... of course, those of us who have been involved in amateur/professional astronomy for some time have been aware of the frequency of fireball events long before this.

This is nothing new!

See the other threads where this topic is being discussed for more info:
Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region
UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!
Another so called Bolid!
Proof of UFO coverup from Texas on CNN
Satellite Debris Video?
Breaking News: Two Satellites Collide In Orbit

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ok in the another thread someone stated that people were running away from the flare up and had time to get a camera ready. It was a a 5k run.. ha

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just posted this on the other thread, and should be added here as well:

What fell in Texas ..

The Federal Aviation Administration said the fireball appeared to be a natural phenomenon.

The object was visible yesterday morning from Austin to Dallas and into East Texas.

Astronomer Preston Starr is observatory manager at the University of North Texas.

Starr told The Associated Press he believes the object was a carbonaceous (kar-buh-NAY'-shus) meteor "about the size of a pickup truck."

He said it was a "slow mover" and probably has the consistency of concrete.

Starr says objects as large as the one spotted yesterday enter the atmosphere about eight or 10 times a year.

source

[edit on 16-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

www.cnn.com...

"Early speculation was that it might have been debris from two satellites that rammed into each other. But U.S. Strategic Command said it was not."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

I saw the same thing yesterday and I am in Birmingham, Alabama. It was about 440 pm. My wife thought I was crazy until today.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by azurite
reply to post by brill

Does your friend or you have any pictures or video by chance? There is not a lot being said about this. Obviously the initial assumptions outlined a possible link to the satellite crashes but there are now conflicting reports.

brill

No he did not get it on film. he was out taking a walk and just happened to see it. he said it happened super fast anyway so even if he did have a camera with him he would not have been able to catch it unless he happened to be filming something in that direction already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join