It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I've been sending emails. And i've also gotten replies.

Fake, regurgitated replies that are forwarded to anyone with the same issue they are arguing for.

Yeah, they may look at a few but they reply with a big vague email on how and why they did something.

Even with the bailouts they did this. It's not enough to threaten these guys with losing their jobs because so many of them are rich anyway. It's not a real loss to them. They can even lose their jobs and get appointed in another board somewhere.

It's a losing battle man. I wish it were different and i'm sure there are some good ones out there, but they are far in the minority and get tainted along with the rest of the crooks.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Secretary may reserve up to 650,000,000 to establish a Innovation Fund, which shall consist of academic achievement awards that recognize eligible entities

Fresh Porcine Souse

That is page 438, lines 20-24 of the new *"STIMULUS PACKAGE"* Dear Readers... I challenge ANYONE to effectively argue that the bestowing of 'academic achievement awards" shall illicit a "immediate" effect of job creation.

I would not presume to say that there is not a justifiable argument to be made for recognizing those who excel in their scholarly pursuits, but in my humble opinion, this is a concept that should be funded in a separate appropriations bill.

To those that support this policy... I hope the day comes to pass, that you are able to adjust the focus of your perception so as to accurately reflect the reality of what you have voted into being...

I have read 450 pages into this "Nanny State" legislation. I lament the probable truth that I have seen more of this document than the majority of our elected representatives~

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Snisha]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

As I said in my initial post, BH is a level-headed person. In most instances, she is spot-on, even though you may not like it.

I have a difference with her here, though.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

As has been said before, this bill was declared an emergency bill, but it in no way shape or form will help stop our emergency...

Thank the House Democrats that wrote it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Then they aren't getting enough emails to get worried.

Trust me, their ONLY priority is holding on to their power.
We overwhelm them with negative response and they will step in line.

We need to get the word out. Tough as it may be, now is the time to blitz them with a campaign of our own.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Surprise! Repubs still bitter: Intend on posting bitter threads for next 4 years.

Perhaps 8 years.

Did all of you already forget the past two weeks of Republicans crying about "pork" in the bill? They've all seen the bill, they've must have read it several times dying to find anything they can to criticize Obama. All this talk about not having enough time to see the bill is more Republican BS.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Congress is full of CRIMINALS!!!

This stimulus package translates into a tax package for all of us. We have to pay this back many times over with the interest and burden this adds to our hurting economy that they created.

Congress repeatedly ignores the will of the people they represent. Time to protest Congress with pitchforks, ropes, and torches.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

I think a major part of the outrage is the additions to the bill. Hand-written additions that the republicans weren't allowed to see...

This thing was forcefed throught he legislature and it was by design.
We need to stop differentiating left and right... They are both in on it. Good Cop, Bad Cop.
Same story, different sides.
I have often found it amazing how some people excused the Congress when it was controlled by the Republicans and then criticize the same Congress when the Democrats haven't even had half the amount of time in there that the Republicans had!

Stop the damned bickering, it is to the detriment of us all! They are ALL IN ON IT! IT IS ONE BIG F-ING CLUB... AND YOU AIN'T IN IT!.

Oh, but if we look back at the Republican control, we are "looking to the past" right? Bullsnap, we need to start holding people accountable for their actions -period.
Ever wonder why they have two year legislative term limits and four year executive term limits?

I'm not sure, but I'd wager it has to do with this very thing. To DIVIDE US! That way we point the finger at the other crowd and scream "It's your fault!"... No, it is THEIR FAULT. All of them!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Don't talk about that, if people admit that it is online, they won't be able to complain about that. The republicans in office must not know how to read something on a computer, and are probably complaining because Obama did not personally hand paper copies of the bill to them.

Notice how no one acknowledges that it is available? While continuing to complain about other things?

So the many Congressman who said they didn't have time to read it were wrong? C'mon now, you have to admit this is being ramrodded down our throats just like the TARP bailout.

Quick, name the #1 thing that this bill will do to help the average American, be specific......

Don't worry about what you are signing, just trust me.............

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snisha

I have read 450 pages into this "Nanny State" legislation. I lament the probable truth that I have seen more of this document than the majority of our elected representatives~

No offense to you, but how sad is that? And probably true.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Quick, name the #1 thing that this bill will do to help the average American, be specific......

OO, OO, call on me teacher...
I know the answer.
It will make Americans MORE dependent upon the government for handouts.
Do I get an A now?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
This bill will make matters much worse. The bill has added $7,000 of debt to each taxpayer in the US. Great deal, huh- they give some of you $400 a year for two years, but will take $7,000 from you, your children and your grandchildren. What a deal!

Shhhhhh, your not supposed to think like that. Don't worry about the $7,000 debt, it's not as if being in debt and bad lending got us into this problem, oh wait it did. That $400 a year will go a long ways.

Thank you kind sir, can I have some more?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I have never understood the argument that debt is a good thing. You can actually find people that will argue that.
I find that amazing.
It is almost like a cognitive disfunction that is shared by a large portion of our population.
This is what makes me wonder if aliens observing Earth categorize Earthlings into several sub-species. Not to sound out of line here, but there would be two major sub-species - the intelligent and the stupid... Then they would break it down by physical characteristics. Nevermind me, it was just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

What happened to Obama's campaign promise of a Tax break for small business owners who hire more people? At least that would have helped me starting out my business, maybe even allowed me to hire more or expand. I just don't see this bailout, oh wait Stimulus Bill, helping me out as a small business owner.

Please someone, tell me what in this bill will directly help me as a small business owner?

[edit on 13-2-2009 by pavil]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Debt is only good if you can put it to a more productive use than paying off the debt ie you can earn more by investing it than paying the debt itself. I just don't see that to be the case this time with this manner of stimulation. We have lived beyond our means for too long and what do we do? Borrow more money.

Go Figure.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I don't even think this will be borrowed.....who would lend it to us??

I am sure they are just going to print the money, flood the market, and further devalue the dollar.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

True, we will just magically make the money appear by printing it, that's even worse as it will only make matters worse.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Then move to Korea or China I hear its fun there.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

What happened to Obama's campaign promise of a Tax break for small business owners who hire more people? At least that would have helped me starting out my business, maybe even allowed me to hire more or expand. I just don't see this bailout, oh wait Stimulus Bill, helping me out as a small business owner.

Please someone, tell me what in this bill will directly help me as a small business owner

There are tax cuts included in the bill for small businesses. Also, depending on what kind of business you own, you may be asked to supply the labor or materials for an infrastructure project or provide other goods or services needed for the many programs being created.

I think publishing the entire bill on the internet would provide the transparency promised by the new administration and would be very beneficial to the American people.

As I understand it, this bill has already been made available, so it's a moot point.

The Senate bill voted on today is not the final one. The House and Senate versions still have to be reconciled, which will require further hammering out and negotiation.

I've no doubt the final version will be made available before it is sent to the White House to be signed by President Obama.

Even then, everybody has their own ideas about what would constitute a real stimulus and what is "pork." No matter what Congress does, there will be unhappy campers. But at least the promise of greater transparency will be fulfilled.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Sestias]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join