It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yes, it was the final one. The House and Senate versions were reconciled and that was the one that was voted on today.

Approved earlier by the House, the plan -- which went through multiple permutations as it bounced back and forth on Capitol Hill over the past week -- now goes to Obama's desk, where he plans to sign it into law by Presidents Day.

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is the bum's rush given by the used-car salesmen before you can read the fine print.

I would actually be glad if Texas would secede today. We have about 75% of the refineries and lots of food. We just need to fix the welfare sytem then put boots on all borders, even the Red River. Our Texas constitution provides us the right to secede as well as the right to provide an army,navy and air force to protect it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The markets react to the non-stimulating stimulus -

Dow is down 82. NASDAQ is down 8. S&P500 is down 7.

The markets don't seem to be happy about this.
If they were, they'd be up instead of down.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
THIS BLOG is carrying this information -

Update: On Chris Matthews’ MSNBC show Hardball, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) just called the stimulus bill “the most transparent piece of legislation in American history.”

Update II: With David Schuster on MSNBC, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) called the stimulus bill "the most vetted bill in history," and 'the most transparent piece of legislation in history.'

Transparency? Most vetted bill in history? :shk:

I'm looking for Youtube verification of those remarks .. All the blogs are quoting those unbelievable and ignorant remarks. If anyone finds a MSM source .. or youtube source ... lets's see. These are all the buzz this morning. The blogs are all :shk: over it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A message to America...

Thank you America, we are so pleased with your efforts and contributions to the great government which we are building on, we are going to give you hard working tax payers a break, $13 per week!!!

We know times are tough for many of you and rest assured that this growing government will be here for you in tougher times we are preparing for your dependence on us, we will take care of you, of course you will need to sacrifice a small measure of freedom and liberty in that process, however you should not fear us. Our current recovery plan is ultimately all about you and bringing you into our care and control with great potential for opportunity in the form of forced dependence and servitude.

Thank you one and all!

God Bless the United States of America.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

There are tax cuts included in the bill for small businesses. Also, depending on what kind of business you own, you may be asked to supply the labor or materials for an infrastructure project or provide other goods or services needed for the many programs being created.

So you can't even give me a bullet points view of how this bill will be a direct benefit to the average small business owner? I don't provide goods or infrastructure so those major parts are useless to me. I do taxes, which in the long run I guess this bill will be of benefit to me, as taxes will HAVE to go up to pay for this in the long run. However nothing I see in this bill will help me expand or hire more people.

Please point to something that will directly benefit ALL small business owners.

Thanks,

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The funny thing is, that the Republicans are SAYING they haven't seen anything, yet they're saying what's in the bill. Someone's lying

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Calm down my fellow republicans.
We now have everything we need for a SURGE in November 2010.
We are going to wrap all this pork around the 3 headed snake.
Pelosi - Reed - Obama.

Those who do not learn from history are comdemned to repeat it.
Clinton did the same thing in 1993.
Bill Clinton just laughed and said "Yes, it's loaded up with all kinds
of stuff."
Look what happened.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
[edit on 14-2-2009 by Leto]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Clinton did the same thing in 1993. Bill Clinton just laughed and said "Yes, it's loaded up with all kinds of stuff." Look what happened.

Yes look at what happened ... people reelected him.

Obama's been in office one month and look at what it's already cost us. God help us .. we have 3 years and 11 months to go.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
More news?

abcnews.go.com...

Savoring his first big victory in Congress, President Barack Obama on Saturday celebrated the newly passed $787 billion economic stimulus bill as a "major milestone on our road to recovery."

Speaking in his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama said, "I will sign this legislation into law shortly, and we'll begin making the immediate investments necessary to put people back to work doing the work America needs done."

At the same time, he cautioned, "This historic step won't be the end of what we do to turn our economy around, but rather the beginning. The problems that led us into this crisis are deep and widespread, and our response must be equal to the task."

They took a bad bill made it a lot worse and passed it.

Good luck on your sales trip President Obama.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

OMG. I'm sorry. Are you sure you aren't being sarcastic because you saw the SNL skit last night? Tell me SNL didn't just predict the conservative playbook.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Clinton was reelected but Republicans took control of the House and the
Senate. Hello Newt!
The bill was sitting on the table at Fox News.
It's almost $1 Billion per page!
This is a mess.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

OMG. I'm sorry. Are you sure you aren't being sarcastic because you saw the SNL skit last night? Tell me SNL didn't just predict the conservative playbook.

Wow.

It's not a playbook. It's a history book.
Look what happened in 1993.
All we need now is a Whitewater 2.0

Watch for Hillary to drop the ball.
The entire cabinet is amateur hour.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Whitewater was a farse, and it accomplished nothing. It's just funny that a comedy show called conservatives out, and they were right!

Now, conservatives can sit there and pray that this will fail, because if it does, it may just be their ticket to getting back some control. SNL jokingly called it action by inaction. Sit back and let Obama try to fix the unfixable, and then let him take the fall.

Hell, that's a great plan. From now on, if every time conservatives leave office, it's as screwed up as it is now, they can get reelected 4 years later when the other party can't fix it immediately.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Let's not forget that the ONLY thing the Conservatives "Left" this time was the Office of the President..

The Democrats have had two FULL YEARS to (Remember 06?)

1. Do something...Anything....
2. Fill even some of the promises they made going in... They did not
3. Fix anything.... They did not...

PEOPLE!!!

It is the dog gone blame game that is killing US.... Remember US? The NON POLITICIAN...

While they run around in Limos, both parties, live the life of the rich and famous, and tell us they are doing everything they can; we are here struggling and trying to blame the other guy. All the while being taken on a Missouri Boat Ride by both parties...

The Stimulus is a joke and it is not going to do anything...
President Obama is a Politician and that is all he is...
Economies go up and down, this one is currently going down..

The only people that can "fix" this Nation is ....... The People...

Get back to core values... Stand up for our beliefs.... Give a Hand UP not a Hand Out.... Invest in some small businesses.... Stop letting the MSM scare us into not spending.... Stop standing around waiting on the Government to give us our check....

Organize and get involved in your community business programs.. I bet they have one!!!!

Get involved and help organize your "Downtown Organizations" (I also bet you have one)

"WE" can do this.. weather this downturn and stand strong..

"WE" are this nations biggest asset not some Politician making promises he wont keep...

"WE" can make a difference....

Semper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well that's not really fair. The democrats did not have control the past two years. If anything, Congress was about 50/50 and republicans had executive control also.

Bush continuously said there was no economic crisis, that the economy was fine, and John McCain stood next to him, smiled, and nodded along. Don't try to pass the buck back to us.

Both need to take their fair share of blame, but republicans have had the majority of control for the past 16 years in Congress, and the results have no been fabulous.

*Edit to add:

Though I do agree with you that it is always a blame game and that they need to start taking responsibility and spending less.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The democrats did not have control the past two years.

Check your stats.. That is not correct..

The real problem here is exactly this. The unrequited support of one party at the expense of logic..

The Government has three very distinct and equally powerful branches and some people just want to lay the blame at the feet of one man, or two in this case. While that is easy, it is intellectually dishonest.

It is also intellectually dishonest to deny the fact that the promises made by Pelosi and her compatriots when they assumed control of the house and senate in 06 were not only not fulfilled, they were a farce.

I could find the thread for you were I said I would say I told you so. (Not you specifically)

It is the partisan bickering that has brought us to this point and it is the constant support of a system gone mad that will keep us here as long as there are people that believe "their party" is anything other than greedy and agenda driven politicians.

(And I speak of my party as well)

Semper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

FACTS:

1954 - 1994 Democrats controlled the House

1980 - 1986 the Republicans controlled only the Senate

1986 - 1994 Democrats controlled the Senate again

1995 - 2001 Republican control of both houses

2001 - 2003 Split control of Senate (50-50)

2003 - 2005 Senate under Republican Control

2006 - present Democratic Control of both houses

Easily researched

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join