It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The guy says they are Apache helicopters. Those are combat helicopters that MUST be dark gray or black for combat. If the pilots don't get night training, how can they perform in the field?

This is all very innocent and you can be sure it was done with the FULL knowledge of the mayor and Governor.

You people need to stop seeing a conspiracy in everything so that you can see where the TRUE problems lie.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You people who are sitting there freaking out about this serve nothing more that too spread dis information. Also it makes the people who believe such things may happen, look like well you. Which frankly is not good. Ok monitor the situation, see what happens fine. Quit freaking out like this is a full scale invasion. This is nothing more than a training exercise for the police/swat with military teachers. Maybe New Orleans is gearing up to take down the gangs that ruining that city. Oh, but I forgot the police are the murders not the gangs my bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
These arent US military exercises. They are "Private Security Contractors" mercinaries aka Blackwater etc. You know the guys who dont have to follow Constitutional Law or pose comutitus (sp).

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
You ever had the law called on you for making excessive noise beyond 10pm? Well I have, and anybody else in a band probably has too. So it's ok for you to come bust me for that, but it's just FINE WHEN YOU DO IT!!!!!

Of course it's fine when we do it. We have miniguns; you don't.

Sorry, you're Emo band isn't really important to the defence of the country. The military is. They need the training to stay current.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Ahh, ok, I see how this works now. You know exactly where you can put that post, pal.
Yeah, right there. Hint: The sun don't shine there.

Cry me a river.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper
IN SHORT: THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE MILITARY ON AMERICAN SOIL UNLESS IT IS THE COAST GUARD VIA A EMERGENCY AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS >>> NO TRAINING EXERCISES ALLOWED PERIOD ON AMERICAN SOIL IN AMERICAN TOWNS >>>

im so sick of ignorance, it baffles me how people are so stupid to basic laws and knowledge so readily available

Easy on the caps, biscut.

No training on American soil, huh? Guess all the training ranges I've been to need to be close, then???

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In alabama also, there have been military style helicopters in the eastern area. They looked like Apache helicopters but I can't say for sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

To me Afghanistan and Iraq are the same war. I just thought he/she meant a war on US soil. All wars don't necessarily have to be military in nature. He or she would have been right no matter what they meant. I just thought maybe he or she new something I didn't. That's all.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No. Training bases are fine.
You just didn't read his post correctly, "no training exercises allowed in towns".

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
No. Training bases are fine.
You just didn't read his post correctly, "no training exercises allowed in towns".

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

Still, letting the population know that it's going on is a good deal. That way, they don't think the military is sneaking around doing something illegal.

Training in towns for whatever works for me. The local-yokels get to see the troops doing their thing, the troops get good, realistic training, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I they're just practicing for blowing the levies again

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Are you delusional? How many gullible readers are on this website? This person who filmed this YouTube video has the IQ of a toad! Black helicopters? I didnt see any black helicopters! They look black to this idiot because its dark out! Dropping bombs? Not a single bomb in that video. If they were dropping bombs even the liberal media would have coverage of this. Guess what people, stop being paraniod!

link   
I think they're just practicing for blowing the levies again

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The ground troops were Delta. so the Helos overflying are not apaches they are little birds. BIG DIFFERENCE! They don't carry helfire missiles. they can carry hydra rockets and .50 cal machine gun in a pod.

The Bomb sounds were more than likely flashbangs set off by the troops and or police on the ground in vacant houses.

Their is nothing illegal with what was happening. The military is allowed to train with local police departments, hell most cops are former military, or currently in the reserves.

Think About it. If you had a large city that has hundreds of empty houses and most of the civilians were no longer in the areas of the vacant houses It makes a perfect urban training tool.

What are the troops currently doing in Iraq? Urban patrols. Army Urban training facilities are small. there are large areas in New Orleans that no one lives in now so they have a larger area to train.

Some people really need to take a step back and take a break from conspiracy stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So, seems like everyones (including the Law) saying that no training is allowed on american cities. Maybe it wasnt a training, but a real action? They hit something there, some bad gangstas or criminals with force.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Does anyone know if similar incidents have occurred lately? or any military activity which is seldomly seen in your area?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

That's just it. They aren't doing anything that would go against Posse Comitatus. They aren't policing anyone. They aren't acting as a federal military force. They aren't breaking any laws. They are training. One person starts screaming about Posse Comitatus and everyone else joins in though.

They aren't capitalizing on anything aside from a mayor giving them the go-ahead to do their training exercises in the area.

For anyone still confused about what is excluded from Posse Comitatus:

Posse Comitatus Act Exclusions - Wikipedia

Exclusions and limitations

There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

* National Guard units while under the authority of the governor of a state;
* Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act, as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.
* Under 18 U.S.C. § 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if civilian law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threats involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a nuclear or radiological weapon. Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness.

They have to train if they want to be effective in any of the above circumstances. Which is, again, what they are doing now.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Alright, I retract my statements. I was wrong.
Good call. You are right, I had a misunderstanding of the act. If this exercise is being conducted in the probable vast areas of NO that is no longer inhabited, then I suppose there is no harm. It WOULD make for the perfect "playground".

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
regardless of my feelings on the topic,

i must say i think this could be overreaction

he thinks they were apaches? from what i saw in the video theres no way to tell what type of heli's it was, it could have been news choppers investigating a the explosions nearby (or govt trying to get an estimate on the damage)

since there is a myriad of possible events that exist due to the lack of information , i would not jump the gun on this until proof that it was apaches or w/e surfaced

attack helicopters dont use bombs to my knowledge, they "fire rockets and cannons" which "dropping bombs" is totally different, so the obvious lack of military knowledge is on the part of the guy who filmed the vid

and whats with the "black helicopters" ?? its night time, every helicopter is gonna look black

since he misidentified everything , im led to believe hes overreacting on previous expectations lol

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Everyone is always so angry when posters are nonchalant about thing's, the only thing about that is Ive never heard about anyone taking to the street's in protest. so obviously beyond saying "oh thats terrible thats horrid how dare they!!!" you arent doing too much about it.

That said If that really happened yes it would be terrible, yes it would be horrid, but really honestly not a single person on the face of the planet would do anything besides post angry topics on the internet saying how "people need to rise up and get angry" and then a whole bunch of other semi-angry people will say "yeah, your right someone should definitley do something!" they'll roar and scream and go kicking into the night; but ironically when they could do something about it, put simply, they won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join