It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I love how all the naysayers completely avoid the fact that this was happening AT 10PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next it will be ok if they do it at 3AM! How about the people's right to sleep???

And agreed they have no business doing this over a populated area, when usually they have mock towns built up for training like this, where they do not disturb citizens.

This is total BS and you naysayers know it. Stop trying to validate it with reasons like "oh we need the money"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone even added me as a foe over this! ROFL. But that person interestingly has not commented on this thread. I checked. Comment or I will expose you!

Duh I cannot fire the congress.
But that's how I feel right now whether you like it or not. The sentiment was symbolic. And I'll bet I am not the only one who feels that way, either. And oh, I forgot to mention that Ron Paul is not included.
And probably a few more. Why don't we ask Ron Paul if he approves of this. Anyone want to take bets on what he will say?

[edit on Fri Feb 6th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

Duh I cannot fire the congress.

No but you can recall the representative that you sent there.

If the people of your state are not happy with your rep and you know longer want him representing you then bring your rep home.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The cops like to drive down the highway here at 2 am with sirens blaring. Irritating if you're awake. Not so much if you are asleep. If they are awake at 10 pm then they aren't having their sleep disturbed. If they are asleep then they will likely sleep through it.

Getting kinda touchy there aren't we?

reply to post by Zepherian

Believing that would require me to believe that there is some big organization out there bent on controlling the world, but I have yet to see anything that makes any sense as to what the purpose behind that would be or what they are planning once they control the world. I have read up on it, and honestly I found it ridiculous.

And there is a difference between militarism and understanding that a military that never trains is about as effective as sticking a 90 year old woman behind a missile launcher and expecting her to know how to work it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

You have got to be kidding me....

It's called a training exercise. That's this thing the military does where they go out in the field and train for different scenarios so that they know what to do if they are ever put in a certain situation for real. That is what the military does. That is what every military since the beginning of time has done. They train.

It's not this big conspiracy that some of you in this thread would like to believe it is.

before you starting posting like what you say is fact i suggest you do alittle research yourself into posse comitatus

LINK TO WIKIPEDIA ABOUT POSSE COMITATUS

"The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act."

IN SHORT: THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE MILITARY ON AMERICAN SOIL UNLESS IT IS THE COAST GUARD VIA A EMERGENCY AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS >>> NO TRAINING EXERCISES ALLOWED PERIOD ON AMERICAN SOIL IN AMERICAN TOWNS >>>

im so sick of ignorance, it baffles me how people are so stupid to basic laws and knowledge so readily available

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

THAT'S RIGHT! WORD!@ AMERICA HAS FALLEN FROM GRACE THERE IS NO OTHER DIRECTION BUT DOWN

Are you ready to give up without trying?

Do you believe the propaganda that you can't win?

You only lose if you give up. Fight to right our government. Even if we lose the battle we don't have to lose the war.

We must make our representatives listen; if they refuse bring them home.

Stop looking for saints to represent you and stop allowing the rich to monopolize the system.

The only perfect person you will find in politics is the one that has enough money to expunge his record and the money to buy his witnesses’ or have them eliminated.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper

You have got to be kidding me....

It's called a training exercise. That's this thing the military does where they go out in the field and train for different scenarios so that they know what to do if they are ever put in a certain situation for real. That is what the military does. That is what every military since the beginning of time has done. They train.

It's not this big conspiracy that some of you in this thread would like to believe it is.

before you starting posting like what you say is fact i suggest you do alittle research yourself into posse comitatus

LINK TO WIKIPEDIA ABOUT POSSE COMITATUS

"The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act."

IN SHORT: THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE MILITARY ON AMERICAN SOIL UNLESS IT IS THE COAST GUARD VIA A EMERGENCY AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS >>> NO TRAINING EXERCISES ALLOWED PERIOD ON AMERICAN SOIL IN AMERICAN TOWNS >>>

im so sick of ignorance, it baffles me how people are so stupid to basic laws and knowledge so readily available

I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING IN YOUR LINK THAT PROHIBITS TRAINING. PLEASE CORRECT IF I MISSED IT.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
before this post gets too nasty we all have to remember that there are always hardliners on both side of the argument. no matter how much you belive in something (no matter the issue) the people on the other side will never see your side until they experience it for themselves. just something to keep in mind

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The cops like to drive down the highway here at 2 am with sirens blaring. Irritating if you're awake. Not so much if you are asleep. If they are awake at 10 pm then they aren't having their sleep disturbed. If they are asleep then they will likely sleep through it.

Getting kinda touchy there aren't we?

Since when does a cop car make the noise multiple helicopters do? Shall I get out a sound pressure level meter and show you?
*sigh* Then you'll just claim there is something wrong with the meter! :shk:

My God, these people will say anything to justify this. ANYTHING.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

As requested.

U.S. Army conducting training exercises in cities, towns
Complete 911 Timeline: Military Exercises up to 9/11
NORAD exercise had jet crashing into building
US Army Exercises for Taking Over US Cities - The title made me roll my eyes, but it's a list of reported training exercises with dates for most.
Army Training Spurs Conspiracy Fears
Mayor kicks Marines out of Toledo

So yes, it is fairly common and yes people freak out every time and think the end is coming.

The first one describes theoretical drills. Scenario based exercises to establish flaws and required improvements. Nowhere does it mention troops being deployed in public spaces by air to train on the ground using explosive devises of any kind.
Nor does it focus on Urban combat in any way.

The second link references simulations, table-top scenarios and exercises away from public. They are mostly secretive in nature and although I admit I did skim through many, I saw no reference to troops being used in an urban environment or explosive devises being used in training on the ground.
This is all about preventative scenario, defensive tactics, not training in urban combat.

The third link references another simulated theory based exercise to test theoretical response. It even states in that piece that major exercises are conducted at the headquarters! So why is such a massive exercise no longer being carried out in a military environment?
That was from the very article you referenced

The fourth offers little information of each event and seems biased towards accusing government, so it could be exaggerated. I am appreciative of this link though, because it offers the best example of some form of evidence that there is a precedent. In which case I'll concede that this isn't the first.
But, I still think that this is remarkable timing, and I still haven't seen an operation so publicly performed in such a large area. I'll keep looking through those details though, and see if I can find an adequate comparison.

The fifth link is a well-placed accusation - cheeky!

And no, I don't agree.

The sixth link refers to a canceled event, so therefore we have little detail of what would have taken place or what would have been inflicted on the local community. But I agree with the Mayor's stance on it nonetheless. This seems to be training for combat against the people.

I appreciate your efforts, I wasn't able to find any evidence of comparable events but your fourth link is probably the best one and does explain some precedent.

What does need to be emphasized here though is that there is a big difference between theoretical exercises and actual troops conducting physical maneuvers.
I am still adamant that this current activity is of a scale to justify concern.

Previous incidents seem to be predominantly combating theoretical attacks from outside. This seems to be an actual physical drill involving a direct urban warfare conflict within the U.S. and spread over a considerable period of time.

Again, I feel I must point out that I am not a believer in the NWO. I don't accept that the FEMA camps are "death camps" or anything of the sort.

What I do think is that the government isn't stupid. If I can see that civil unrest is currently one of the primary risks to national security, you can bet they see it too. There is evidence that they have been warned that this is the case.
That is why I am suggesting that far too much is happening for this exercise to be simply routine.

Edited for spelling, doh!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Again, a THEORETICAL scenario, yes?

You see the difference between a table-top exercise, a defensive drill, and an offensive physically deployed exercise in a public urban area?

That is the major difference.
Governments all around the world conduct expensive and elaborate exercises every day. But they very rarely make it to actual physical troop footfalls on the ground, and especially not in open urban areas for all to see.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thats not what it states It says in a law enforcement capacity.Without congressional approval the military does not have jurisdiction to enforce laws now should they for that matter. However military personel can and do help police and emergency management through logistical support. It does not restrict training in any way. If your going to quote a document at least try to read it first it might help your argument next time.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Something just like what the guy in the video is talking about happened over here in NYC (the Bronx). It happened right on my block about 15 blocks seperate from each other, 4 or 5 helicopters were just flying around aimlessly. My friend and I were stunned and most people were looking up at them wondering "what the hell". It was really a wierd place to be with a wierd sense of inclosure. I thought they were looking for someone or something, but I didn't read or see any reports on the news or anything of the sort. So yeah, that's my two cents. Peace.

Edit: Just remembered, it actually happend about 1 year and a half ago.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by OnlyTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

Before you start posting like what you say is fact, perhaps you should read your own sources a bit better. Here I'll highlight it for you.

They are not acting in a law enforcement capacity, they are doing a training exercise. They have statutory authorization to perform training exercises, and they are authorized by Congress to train.

And just for future reference, making your text bigger actually decreases it's readability. You would also do well to not make snide remarks about me being stupid. Not only is it bad form, it also does little to increase your credibility.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What I do think is that the government isn't stupid. If I can see that civil unrest is currently one of the primary risks to national security, you can bet they see it too. There is evidence that they have been warned that this is the case. That is why I am suggesting that far too much is happening for this exercise to be simply routine.

Do you see them creating this scenario?

Where I live and work I see a lot of people that are afraid because they know something is not right and they don't know what to expect or what to do.

I see people for the first time talking to each other; in a real conversation and looking to each other for information, help and advice.

I can see a banning together of the people. Of course there will be a rogue occurrence here or there but if anything goes over the top I don't see it being started by anyone where I live. If this happens it is because the government engineered it.

We can not allow ourselves to be bamboozled. We know ourselves and we know our communities. They are afraid of us banning together and co-operating. This would ruin their plans.

Wake up America!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573
These kind of training exercises are going on all over the USA quite a bit.

yes they have been going on all over the USA.... for the last forty years in fact, and it isfear mongering as you pointed out - but this really is nothing new, - case in point -60's early 70's - during that decade there were at least seven assassinations of prominent leaders - John Kennedy, Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Robert Kennedy, Fred Hampton and thats the short list....not to mention an overwhelming influx of heroin and drug trafficking and a population of battle weary soldiers no longer willing to go along with the "program". And then there were the riots and battles which took place between the national guard and police vs the neighborhoods.....so its not as if the experience isn't there....urban warfare is always a possibility when Justice can be bought or is seen to be purchased without consequence..

however for what its worth, I live in New Orleans and didn't hear any explosions during the nights in question but did in fact hear the helicopters which I assumed were military because there is a base somewhere close by...they were loud but only made one or two passes over our area and then all was quiet again..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by jibeho

Thats not what it states It says in a law enforcement capacity.Without congressional approval the military does not have jurisdiction to enforce laws now should they for that matter. However military personel can and do help police and emergency management through logistical support. It does not restrict training in any way. If your going to quote a document at least try to read it first it might help your argument next time.

Hey, you are attacking the wrong person. I was the one questioning the poster who so blatantly typed in huge bold caps. They can train all they want IMO. Go back and read my post. I don't want to be associated with these whizbangs.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is no invasion, I see no point in sending a few hundred troops to invade an insignificant city. If there was a military coup, go invade D.C. not a city in the south.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh my, I live here in New orleans, this was announced in the paper and on the news last week that the Military would be holding the aircraft training exercies. We do have a HUGE base here:

New Orleans NAS Joint Reserve Base - Belle Chasse, LA

Naval Air Station, Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, Louisiana is located 20 minutes south of downtown New Orleans, and is home to VP-94, VFA-204, VR-54, Louisiana Air National Guard, U.S. Air Force Reserve, U.S. Coast Guard, and the U.S. Customs Service. When the base was redesignated in May 1994 to add "Joint Reserve Base," it broke the paradigm of Naval Air Station.

NAS JRB New Orleans maintains a 24-hour operational capability to support launches and recoveries of U.S. Coast Guard Sea-Air Rescue, U.S. Customs Alert and 159th Fighter Group/Louisiana Air National Guard, North American Air Defense Command alert requirements.

source

Also they are using SIMULATED AMMUNITIONS similar to paintball ammo.

Amazing, we want a well trained military, just not if it has to train at home???? WTH???

And yes, they are training for URBAN WARFARE - just like the majority of the action seen in Operation Enduring Freedom.

Would you rather more dead soldiers and more lost equipment??

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm not suggesting that it is engineered at all. At least not by the government.

What I think is that it is human nature to become violent when provoked and when desperate.

Americans (and most other developed nations) have had it all far too easy for a long time. Take away enough of that comfort and you have angry people.

When you connect that to the way American policing is increasingly confrontational, it is almost inevitable that peaceful protests, when they come, will turn violent. Just look at the riots in Greece, France, Iceland, China, Russia...
One step out of line by police in any instance of peaceful protest in the U.S. could and probably will turn it into violence. Perceived injustice creates anger and retaliation. Unless the U.S. government imposes strict controls on policing during this period, there is every chance that police action in one state or another will cause more problems.

I'm not fear mongering, I'm stating fact here. It's been seen over and over, there is a precedent for it.

That is why I think they are now training for a civil unrest scenario in NO. They are expecting to face massive public unrest, and they are preparing for it.
Never mind all the NWO stuff, this is about your government feeling the need to train military in urban conflict. And why now? What are they expecting? Why do it so openly at such an already difficult time and in such an already devastated place?

That's why this doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

From the first link:

Commanders and staff in the three task forces - Operations, Medical and Aviation - say that the academics and command post exercise offered valuable new perspectives for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines assuming this important mission.

There was training involved. Military bases are practically small cities in and of themselves, or do the people there not count since they are in the military or are the spouse or child of someone who is in?

From the second link:

Between 1981 and 1989: Officials Airborne in ‘Doomsday’ Plane for Three Days during Exercise

Between 1991 and 2001: NORAD Exercise Simulates Crash into Famous US Building

1991: White House Is Protected from Airplane Attack During Gulf War

There are more, but that will do I think.

From the third link:

The exercise was conducted at one regional sector, and was not conducted at the headquarters, as are major exercises. This sector exercise involved some flying of military aircraft as well as a command post exercise in which communications procedures were practiced in an office environment.

The fifth link wasn't meant to be cheeky or an accusation. That is the title of the article.

Urban warfare is urban warfare. The country and town may be different, but they are all ultimately built the same. There are low houses and there are high rise buildings. Training in one prepares you for another.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join