It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'll try to put an end to this... I got a buddy at fort Polk who is a Delta instructor I'll try and get in touch with him and see what was up. more than likely he was in on it or can get me info. it might take a few days to get in touch with him though he's suppose to rotate to an active team for deployment.

Also the helo's in the video supplied in this thread are little birds i can tell by the way they sound. and you can constantly hear them. Apaches you will only hear if you are to the side or behind them.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I was gonna say Oh-58D's, But if its Spec ops maybe MH-6. The new 6 blade rotor sounds like a ceiling fan on high, very quiet.

But if it's only maritime forces out of Belle Chase,then I doubt 160th aviation would be there, unless they are known to support SEAL teams? As far as I know they stick to Army SF A-teams. With the JRTC nearby who knows what kind of mix and match is going on.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, I'm in New Orleans and I don't hear any "bombs" and I live, literally, 1500ft from the Air Base, and I even work on the Air Base here. There has been no more than the normal chopper activity that I can tell and trust me, I've been here for the past two weeks sitting at home because I currently have no life apart from reading ATS at 10pm...lol So there isn't much of a chance that I "missed something."

--Apex

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You are spot-on about the Apache.
I remember coming face to face with one in a simulated war exercise. It was a very sobering experience. Late at night, I was the first one of the 50% of us up to see the bird.
Amazing thing was I didn't hear it at ALL until it was right in front of my face (we were on the crest of a hill-top and it came up the canyon below us) and lit us up.
Game Over. (Que Nintendo Music)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

In response to your "prediction" about February 12th:

I realized that there are 322 days left in the year after February 12th, and that number struck me as significant... I did a little brain-digging and remembered that 322 is significant to the Skull & Bones if I'm not mistaken. I believe 322 was used in conjunction with a skull as a sort of "symbol" for S&B. Whether or not this will come to fruition is another story but it is an interesting thought.

Also, Charles Darwin (my hero) and Abraham Lincoln (Me and black people's hero
) were both born on Feb. 12th, 1809!

In conclusion, I look forward to celebrating the birthday of 2 great men, if not the beginning of martial law! YAY!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is BS.

I recall serving in the military, in SF, and I also recall training right here in the good, old US.

We didn't always train on a military base.

We used what was available, where it was available, when it suited our needs.

Do not mistake "simulators" for BOMBS. Holy crap! I cannot believe some of the wild claims here.

Why would you not assume that a mother ship landed, and our Special Ops are taking them down, not wanting to announce the landing?

I mean, this makes as much sense as a wild claim of bombing in a city!

Wild chases like this make me question our education system. Then again, I can't believe the utter propensity to skewer any event to meet a person's paranoia.

We can do better than this.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well it's obvious from the military folks on this thread as well as the folks who live in New Orleans in this thread that the rest of the posters have been duped.

Man, we will fall for anything these days wont we?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
"these people" training in Iraq to kill Americans. Are you talking about US troops? If you are, you need to learn some respect. Our troops are good American boys and girls and would never be a part of any of this nonsense you have all dreamed up. I was in the national guard for 8 years, did 2 overseas tours, went to Iraq, and I can tell you that our soldiers are good people and would never do the things you imagine. You've got it all wrong.

And I doubt very much the camera man is capable of distinguishing an AH-64 from a CH-47. I was also in New Orleans after the levees broke and I saw the 82nd Airborne Rangers land choppers at the University, as it is a well known open area and perfect landing sight for any emergency helicopters. I love this country, and so do our soldiers. Don't insult our veterans and service members with this shameful fear-mongering.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What I see is a video of some guy with an unknown accent, video taping the lights and sounds from utterly unidentifiable helicopters, and making wild claims. Where are the bombs again?? Where are the police and supposed military personnel?? This appears to be nothing more than a gross misrepresentation of the data. These could be police helicopters looking for some criminal (maybe he's the one filming them?), or medical airlift, or privately-owned, or news guys. There is nothing there that supports the allegations of any military exercise, and certainly no evidence of bombs.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by Asherah

that is how many americans think. its stupidity. the government trys to burn the constitution while ripping up the bill of rights and the people make excuses for them. the military should never be training for urban warfare in the U.S. and in response to that whole mubai thing: thats what local and federal tactical teams are for...thats their job!!!!! when your military is admittedly training for urban warfare on american soil, there is something terribly wrong. quit trying to rationalize it!!

Where, precisely, do you think we SHOULD be training the military? Should we demand some other nation host our troops for all training from now on?!?!? There is no need to rationalize anything here, other than the extreme panic something utterly mundane, non-threatening, and completely sensible is causing for people. We are, after all, talking about the United States military, training in, you guessed it, the United States. Exactly how does training the military remove the Constitutional rights of anyone again? If they were NOT trained, who, exactly, do you think would be there to protect said rights? Military personnel take an oath, to protect and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic, and if that means right here at home, then you'd better believe they will be doing it. So will I; I took that oath many years back.

What you folks OUGHT to be worried about is Obama's statement that he wants some civilian force, INSTEAD OF the military, to "protect" us. Trust me on this one; it isn't the soldiers you need to worry about.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I don't hear any bomb's going off.

Originally posted by j2000Like I said, they have enough bases to do this stuff and they are no different than a city except for high rise.
[edit on 6-2-2009 by j2000]

You don't hear any bombs because there are NOT any bombs. That story is a FAKE, and I can't believe how people have reacted to it, while ignoring that rather obvious fact. A simple training exercise is not a threat to anyone, and the way it was represented is completely misleading.

As for military bases, they are NOT like cities. Small towns, maybe, but nothing like a city. I KNOW better; I am a veteran myself, and married to a soldier.

I have said it before and I will say it again; the military isn't the threat, but a planned "civilian" force, as Obama wants, ought to worry people.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This guy in the video is so important, the apaches are after him, lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Wake up people!! Holy crapola, you are just now noticing US Troops training in large cities? This has been going on since 9/11. The Bush Administration started this, saying that the US Military needed more...

Not quite accurate there. Our troops have been training in our cities since 1775 (of course then we were called the Continental Army). I met my husband, in 1991, because he was in San Antonio TRAINING with his reserve unit. This has ALWAYS been the way it's done, and it has nothing to do with 9/11. There isn't anything sinister about it; it's just that, prior to 9/11, no one noticed, or cared, or worried.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
reply to post by AceOfAces

The more i think about this, the more i just cannot see why they have to do it in a US city?

In my experience, if you want a training facility to train in that is similar to the one you will be operating in, you have one built that accomodates the similarities. If these guys are the best of the best, they have the budget to do this!...

Build a facility??? What, build an entire fake city? You planning to pay the HUGE tax increases for that? We have the budget, do we??? Gee, and here I thought the reason the troops don't have all the supplies they need, and our benefits have been butchered, and the pay is so low, it's a joke, was a lack of budget. Unbelievable.....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Are people just deciding to ignore that there were military exercises held there in 2000 as well?

BEFORE 9/11
BEFORE any sign of financial crisis

All it states is that training was done there in 2000. It doesn't describe the training, just as the spokesperson conveniently avoids stating that this type of training isn't usually conducted in urban areas.
They have training facilities for this....
Why is this offensive rather than defensive?...
... When have they seemingly been in preparation for a battle against their own citizens?...
This cannot be ignored or denied, they are training to fight against Americans in an American city. They are doing it in the open to either scare people, incite suspicion or prepare the public for what is to come.

The guy "conveniently avoids" stating something? Gee, maybe he didn't state it because it isn't true.

Since when does the military have cities to train in? Military bases are NOT cities. I have been in some pretty large military bases, and there are nothing like an urban city environment.

Show some actual evidence that there is anything in this training that indicates planned battle against citizens. There is no indication of any such thing here, and this isn't anything new, or sinister.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is not at all unusual in Louisiana.

Lastly I want to mention this. A significant population of New Orleans is violently mentally ill. I don't know if its drugs or what, but I had an easier time working with Taliban detainees in Afghanistan than working with the evacuees from New Orleans.

Now, I want to say.... How dare you? ...They have been through what others can't even imagine in their ugliest nightmares!!!...

Do tell. So no other place in the country has ever been devastated by a hurricane. Tell that to the people in all those towns in Mississippi that were well over 90% erased. Or, hey, the people all over Florida that face hurricanes all the time, and actually have the common sense to take reasonable and normal precautions. You know, like having some emergency supplies, food, water, meds, etc., for yourself and your family. The people in New Orleans that had the biggest problems did NONE of that. They made no preparations at all, and then blamed the government for it. Anyone living in an area subject to hurricanes should know that supplies for 3 days or so are considered normal and necessary. Note, too, that the relief showed up for those people within that three-day window. In other words, had they prepared for themselves, they would have been fine. Well, save for the looting, violent attacks on each other....guess that is the fault of the government as well?

I am sick to death of hearing about "poor New Orleans". Those people elected a crook for a mayor, who took no action to get people to safety that could not leave on their own, they made no preparations, they committed crimes on each other during a horrible disaster, and somehow they are victims?? Hurricanes have hit a lot of places, and destroyed homes and businesses, and no one is blaming that on the government. Only New Orleans is "special" that way. Tornadoes rip through the Midwest and homes are lost, people die, some entire towns are laid to ruin, but those people can't imagine disaster? People were flooded out of their homes this past summer, and back in 1993, losing everything, but they don't know what it's like? Sorry, but that just doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Zepherian

You have got to be kidding me....

It's called a training exercise. That's this thing the military does where they go out in the field and train for different scenarios so that they know what to do if they are ever put in a certain situation for real. That is what the military does. That is what every military since the beginning of time has done. They train.

It's not this big conspiracy that some of you in this thread would like to believe it is.

ATS server ate the long reply I had written, so here's the short condensed version, born out of my lack of patience to repeat myself:

I assure you I kid you not. The military are serfs, ...

"Serfs"?!?!?!?!? What I want to say, I can't.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seker2k

Originally posted by redhatty
Oh my, I live here in New orleans, this was announced in the paper and on the news last week that the Military would be holding the aircraft training exercies. We do have a HUGE base here:

New Orleans NAS Joint Reserve Base - Belle Chasse, LA

Naval Air Station, Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, Louisiana is located 20 minutes south of downtown New Orleans, and is home to VP-94, VFA-204, VR-54, Louisiana Air National Guard, U.S. Air Force Reserve, U.S. Coast Guard, and the U.S. Customs Service. When the base was redesignated in May 1994 to add "Joint Reserve Base," it broke the paradigm of Naval Air Station.

NAS JRB New Orleans maintains a 24-hour operational capability to support launches and recoveries of U.S. Coast Guard Sea-Air Rescue, U.S. Customs Alert and 159th Fighter Group/Louisiana Air National Guard, North American Air Defense Command alert requirements.

source

Also they are using SIMULATED AMMUNITIONS similar to paintball ammo.

Amazing, we want a well trained military, just not if it has to train at home???? WTH???

And yes, they are training for URBAN WARFARE - just like the majority of the action seen in Operation Enduring Freedom.

Would you rather more dead soldiers and more lost equipment??

I would rather not have dead civilians, if and when one of those helis malfunctions and crashes into a populated area.

There's no reason they need to train like that over a populated area, besides fear mongering. Let them train over one of the military bases....

Well, then you'd better demand closing all airports, and grounding all the helicopters used by police to catch criminals, news agencies, and hospitals, too.

As for that last, "let them train over military bases", nice to see you write off the families living on those as less important than other people. To think my family and so many others do without our spouses for long months protecting your right to say things like this...nice attitude there.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
You know what disturbs me more than this? The fact that those in military and their lack of questioning. How many of those sheep are going to be willing to follow blind orders to take the lives of the innocent? How many of them are going to follow the PTB because of fear instead of standing with those they are bombing but yet somehow think they are being patriotic? The military that will be implementing this type of thing will be bombing their own kind.

God fear tactics, control methods and the hegelian dialect process all works too well on the "UNEDUCATED MASSES".......
Getting ready for the next war? Probably.
Suppose we are the targets of their bombs should this war occur?
Suppose the free thinkers and real patriots are the marked ones?

I need a supply of rocket launchers......

You clearly have absolutely NO knowledge whatsoever of the military. There is not a strand of accuracy in your post. "Sheep"?? Get it through your head that the military isn't a bunch of brainwashed drones just chomping at the bit to go kill off innocent people. This attitude is THE main reason so many countries don't respect this country now; how CAN they, when so many of our own people talk this way? Try talking to people in the military, or their families, and you will figure out that we are all PEOPLE, caring, concerned, intelligent people, not stormtroopers out to get you.

IF, and that's a huge if, the military DID want to take over a city, additional training wouldn't be needed. They would simply roll in the armored vehicles and tanks, unload the heavily armed and armored troops, and take over already. Texas would pose a problem, but Massachusetts would be a walk in the park. California, the gangs would be a bigger issue than most of the rest of the people. If this was going to happen, it could have happened easily a long time ago. That it hasn't ought to tell you something.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
When I was a kid, we had a hurricane that tore down the entire base we lived on, killed 2 people and injured hundreds. On and off the base it was a military presence that skillfully helped up remove our belongings without risk or injury, gave us food and shelter, entertained the kids while the parents went out looking for a home, ect. I had nothing but the greatest respect and gratitude for our military. However, these urban war operations bother me, not because I can see military on our streets, I am not scared of my own protectors, I am scared of why they think we need to be protected from urban warfare.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join