It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I understand your point. I just don't agree with it. At all.
This type of action is forbidden by our Constitution. I don't understand why people didn't scream from the rafters when they removed the Posse Comitatus act a few years back. (actually, I do understand. The reason is the vast majority of Americans are morons)...

These are military training exercises, the military is NOT POLICING in New Orleans. NOTHING in our constitution forbids this, nor does anything in the Posse Comitatus Act.

This is just another example of the Government capitalizing on a catastrophic event. Just like 9-11, they have used the Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to move more towards a Police-State. People SHOULD be *furious* over this, but they aren't.
Yes, when there is a catastrophic event, crime goes up. It happened after that Ice-Storm we had here recently. In my opinion, what should infuriate people is the fact that our Police Units are increasingly seeking the help of the Military.
What was that story about a month back about National Guard Troops patrolling with Police in California doing sobriety checks? This is illegal, folks. Raise hell about it!

The California incident was on a road that led directly into (and from) the base. The Military and police were working together to reduce the amount of casualties on the road (from drunk driving) of which there have been many.

The military can police their own, even on civilian streets, nothing illegal about that, it's what the MPs do.

These are training exercises that are occurring on a Reserve base. I don't know about you, but I sure would like fort he young men and women that will soon be in Iraq or Afghanistan trained and trained well before they go. At least that way they have a better chance of returning home alive and in one piece.

Remember, most of the reservists on that base also live right here in New Orleans.

I've been to Iraq and Kuwait. I know what they are going to face there. I would much rather see the reservists trained BEFORE they ship out. War is not the place for on the job training.

Yes, Fort Polk is in Alexandria - 400 miles away. Belle Chase is right here in New Orleans. Ft. Polk is Army. Belle Chase is Navy, Marine & Coast Guard. Can you guess which branches were training out of Belle Chase???

Why waste the fuel, time and money to travel large units and equipment 400 miles away to train when you can train at your own base?

Remember, there are a large number of Americans who are oblivious, they don't read or watch the news, they don't know whats happening in politics. The news article obviously managed to find one of them and Alex Jones fear-mongered it into more than it really is. Sensationalized headlines don't help either.

This is a non-event. Why are so many making a big deal out of it?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Yeah, I have already admitted that I made an error. However, I didn't realize that they were actually training on a base. I thought the report was that they were inside of the city.
Even if they had been inside of the city in areas that were completely uninhabited, I might have been alright with it, albeit a little worried, but if they are in fact training on a base, then there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the Helis were chasing a Ufo.. its the grainy dot that is flying around like a bee or wasp.. sure as heck was not moving like a heli. just thought i would drop my two cents. peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
hey guys, sorry for an anonymous posting ( not an ATS member (yet!) but i get a little nervous hearing about this and i live in london....
the last time we had an "exercise" just so happened to be on 07/07/05 ......
this "exercise" simulated bombs going off at the precise locations and exact times offthe bombs that actually did go off, something similar to what happened happened on 9/11...
just wanted to say....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow ever since the flood, New Orleans has turned into some kind of testing ground for the government. I've even heard conspiracy theories that the flood was caused by weather modification. Why New Orleans?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Bombs are not being dropped in New Orleans. People are hearing construction. I live in the CBD (downtown) and I can assure you it sounds like bombs going off when construction workers drop rubbish from forty or more stories. I can hardly sleep at night....heaven forbid I would wish to take a nap. I have however seen the helicopters, but let me tell you I would welcome the military if the shtf! I love my city but we are having a serious problem with crime! I suggest anyone planning on coming to Mardi Gras reconsider. I personally saw a man shot on Common Street last Mardi Gras! I was also just a couple blocks away when shots rang out on Canal Street in front of the Walgreens. I mean people were shot and killed in broad daylight at Lee Circle (Warehouse District) last Mardi Gras! New Orleans is becoming a war zone....I will be out in a seconds notice if things get much worse. I wish all of you who haven't seen our beautiful city full of sky scrapers, the famous quarter, world famous restaurants , and more importantly our cajun hospitality get a chance to see our city like it used to be. Go to NOCRIMELINE.COM and check out whats going on just in the CBD/French Quarter/ Warehouse District (tourist spots). A young lady was shot and killed right off Bourbon street a few days ago!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Wow ever since the flood, New Orleans has turned into some kind of testing ground for the government. I've even heard conspiracy theories that the flood was caused by weather modification. Why New Orleans?

Dr Mary's Monkey?

A lot of bad stuff went down in NO. A lot of stuff that could change the history of the world. A lot of stuff that comes down to the genocide or mass negligent homicide of a great part of the baby boomers and subsequent generations. And it ties to JFK's murder.

If the book is true of course. I don't know, but there does seem to be an inordinate amount of focus on NO since the hurricane, and it has been speculated that directed energy moved Katrina there in the first place.

Also, the spiritualist culture down there could be something being repressed.

As a foreigner to the USA I have to say that NO is the only city in the whole US that comes off with an exotic flavour, with some sort of primal energy. It could be a nexus of some sort, I honestly don't know, but the place does seem to be some sort of atractor.

A lot of conspiracy theory for example, as is showcased by the book reference I started this post with, has in NO a focal point.

Plus women show their breasts there and that's not good for population reduction

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

They are basically around the base, there are many areas nearby (off base) that have very little population return, some are more re-built. They ARE flying over houses and building, sometimes quite low, but again, it is part of the training.

The houses they are using for entry training are ones that have been "repurchased" via several programs here to help with the city's rebirth. But, since they haven't been razed or renovated yet, and are relatively safe buildings, albeit eyesores, no inhabited homes are being entered.

The city now owns those buildings and gave the okay for the base to use them for the training.

I did catch your retraction - AFTER I posted

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The "bombs" are likely artillery simulators, they are mostly harmless and used to simulate artillery or mortar strikes during training excercizes.

the "black" helicopters are probaly UH-60 Blackhawks.

the AH-64 Apache does not have Hellfire rocket pods, the Hellfire is a weapon fired off of a pylon system, it looks kind of like a rack or missiles, they can not and are not designed to take out 2 city blocks, a 155mm artillery shell is not even capable of such destruction, the AGM-114 Hellfire is PRIMARILLY an ANTI-TANK weapon and it's destructive force is limited only to the cone of the shaped charge, it's designed to pierce armor, not level city blocks.

the rocket pods you refer to are 2.75" Hydra missiles, while deadly and potentionally capable of the destruction you mentioned if the ENTIRE pod is fired.

However this is NOT the case since such a blatant attack would be ALL over the news.

While the motives of such a FTX (Field training excercize) is dubious I would not be alarmed yet, these are likely isolated excercized conducted by small specialized units.

Army wide none of this stuff is happening and I heard nothing about any impending invasions on US Soil.

SPC WJB, US Army...OUT.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
We may not fully understand what is happening we can only be prepared.
Keep an eye on your city, town, etc...Keep us informed...To battle against a force like this people have to come together. I do not believe they [Military] have done anything out of the norm...Just don't believe all the hype. Be aware, prepared, and ready....that is the least we can do.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

You cleared it up all quite well. This is the price you pay in just jumping into a thread pride first without researching the issues. I should have expected as much coming from a source like Alex Jonex.

As for the explosives heard... Flash-Grenades. I would wager on it.
They are being thrown by soldiers entering abandoned homes. After they have kicked the doors in and shattered the glass. That type of training is fun!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The "bombs" are likely artillery simulators, they are mostly harmless and used to simulate artillery or mortar strikes during training excercizes.

the "black" helicopters are probaly UH-60 Blackhawks.

Yep... Black Hawk and "Little Bird" helicopters

and yes, simulated artillery - more like paintballs on steroids

Ground troops were performing breeches at several different locations.

So, they're moving through doorways or walls or that sort of thing. They're also doing weapons proficiency.

While the motives of such a FTX (Field training excercize) is dubious I would not be alarmed yet, these are likely isolated excercized conducted by small specialized units.

Exactly! Spec Ops!

it’s a training exercise that brought about 150 U.S. troops from the U.S. Special Operations Command to train in New Orleans for urban warfare

Army wide none of this stuff is happening and I heard nothing about any impending invasions on US Soil.

SPC WJB, US Army...OUT.

Navy, Marine and Coast Guard Reserve Base
No Army unless invited LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow. This video is absolutely inconclusive. It hard to believe that some much discussion has been made over nothing.

I will tell you right now having been in two branches of the service and have lived for years near a helicopter wing in the mid west that these are not combat helicopters. The sound like small bell choppers like the cops use.

Also the way this film is made the sound could have been dubbed in. This thing is CRAP! There is no way to even verify where this is.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Actually what I pointed out is that they did not state that no military would be involved making what Jones said untrue on its face.

I also said I do not agree with the militarization of the Police. On that I agree, even somewhat with Jones.

As to Jones. I don't think any adult who behaves as he does in his work will ever influence anyone but adolescents. Unfortunately some of us never recover from puberty and think his behavior is indicative of something other than his immaturity. How sad.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Kiawa choppers, most likely.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Nope......its Obama getting ready to contol its citizens...the military has for months been at training camps learning to control American citizens, more to come, and you all thought you elected a God.

We Americans were so tired of being thought of as dumb, by the rest of the world that we went to the polls in November and removed all doubt.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think your title screams of alarmism and overreaction. Lousiana has many military bases including Ft. Polk, home of the US Army's Joint Readiness Training Center (also known as JRTC). Anyone who has ever served or is serving in the Army has done at least one rotation at JRTC. Every unit that deploys overseas must complete a month long training course at Ft. Polk. Training covers everything from urban warfare, IED recognition/disposal and pretty much everything from civil affairs OPs to crowd control. Basically, everything units need to deploy to Iraq/Afganistan. Ft. Polk is approx. 250 miles from New Orleans, not very far for an Army aviation unit to pop down and do some cross training w/ the local police. Why? I would guess it might have something to do w/ recovery efforts after a hurricane or other natural disaster. National Guard and some Active Duty troops deployed to New Orleans after Katrina to assist in the recovery efforts. Much of the Active Army component was made up of aviation units which consisted mainly of CH-47's and thier support personnel. Anyway, I think your overeacting. Why use New Orleans for "urban warfare" training when pretty much every Army base in the country has MOUT sites located in thier training areas? Not to mention the largest MOUT (includes 3 full sized "towns") site in the country located 250 miles away at Ft. Polk.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Yeah training. For what? A flood? A hurricane? Since when do you stop a hurricane with choppers and bombs at 10pm over New Orleans? Oh, I get it, maybe they are training for a covert alien mission.

Mardis Gras is next week. Or possibly a zombie invasion.... can never be too prepared.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
As to Jones. I don't think any adult who behaves as he does in his work will ever influence anyone but adolescents.

Yeah, that's why he's had MANY TIMES the Austin City Chief of Police on his program, not to mention Ron Paul, Willie Nelson, Charlie Sheen, and.... omg please. All adolescents?

Enough trash talk on Alex. Maybe you should do a radio/TV show Blaine. Let's see who you influence. :shk:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Logarock

Kiawa choppers, most likely.
2nd line.

Right.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join