It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Very wierd indeed, I live In the south metro of the twin cities, minnesota and have seen the same thing, low profile helicoptors running drills in places I have never seen them before. Also i would like to mention the constant flow of supply trucks to the Air/national gaurd base in St.Paul, ofcoarse i understand that these places need supplies, however it has been very constant in a whole years time. One other thing that has suprised me to is fighter jets running manuevers over the lino lakes area, north metro. May all be a bunch of nothingness, i just noticed more military activity too. Regards

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by odd1out

Again, a THEORETICAL scenario, yes?

You see the difference between a table-top exercise, a defensive drill, and an offensive physically deployed exercise in a public urban area?

Theoretical? No, this happened in Portland too, freaked a lot of people out.

some clips..
KATU News Report
Helicopters in Portland, OR
Black Helicopters Invade Portland

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't like Mr. Jones, at all.

But I have to point out that you are incorrect in stating that his unreliable site is the only one stating these facts.

The local news websites also have this information. If you go back and click the links you'll find that there is another source from their local media with quotes from Military spokespeople stating these same facts.

They even state in that report, that they are using ordinance to move through "doors and walls".
Some have likened what they are using to paintball ammunition.
How do you use a paintball device to go through a wall?

And how is that heard as "explosions" by residents?

There is a lot about this that I am not certain on, and I have already conceded that operations have taken place in the past "similar" in nature on a physical level (but still very rare).
But, there are also a lot of people here deliberately distorting the facts or neglecting the information that has been provided.
They keep providing links to previous exercises that are completely different in nature to those happening now in NO, as though they show that this is normal.

I'm sorry, but however hard you try you are not going to convince me that a bunch of officials and department heads sitting around a table with a planned scenario and finding ways to deal with it is anything like 150 troops descending from blacked out helicopters in a major urban area and then moving around on the ground enacting a warfare scenario.
It just doesn't compare.

These are two entirely different things. One is a fictional drill, imaginary and often on the defensive.
The other is physical machines, actual troops, real exercises in attack. Ones that could be done in secret at any one of the number of military sites around the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey,

Normally, I just stick to the paranormal forum, but I have to post on this.

6 days ago on Sat Jan 31 2009 I was in the french quarter at about 8 pm (I live in New Orleans). I went to the riverwalk, talking with a friend, and for at least half an hour, a helocpoter was flying up and down the river banks with a search light on, two of them infact. The light was aimed at the water's edge and they kepy it there running along the water's edge as they flew up and down both banks of the river. They were still flying when I left.

The helicopter looked dark/black, but I just assumed it was becasue it was nighttime. It sort of sounded like the coastguard chopper I see pretty often flying around, and just figured it was a coast guard training exercise.

The helicopter had minimal outside lights.

It made me uneasy. I've seen some in my neighborhood (a pretty "safe" neighborhood in the suburbs) flying with search lights on before, too - looking like they were practicing.

I usually stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning and often hear odd sound at that time. Often upon closer listen, they are usualy just riverboats or trains. But last night about 3 in the morning I heard explosions - 2 or 3. They were from far away and were not fireworks (kids sometimes randomly soot them off & I know what they sound like). They sounded sort of like gunshots and then after the 2 or 3 all was slient again.

What the hell is going on?!?

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Dark Realms]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So what, they're training, if you have not noticed people the United States of America is involved in TWO WARS. Besides the NOPD did put out a press release a week before the exercises. Stop trying to make this into something it isn't just to fuel your hate for the government.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by MasterRegal]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterRegal

What do you mean by two wars? Just curious

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You know what disturbs me more than this? The fact that those in military and their lack of questioning. How many of those sheep are going to be willing to follow blind orders to take the lives of the innocent? How many of them are going to follow the PTB because of fear instead of standing with those they are bombing but yet somehow think they are being patriotic? The military that will be implementing this type of thing will be bombing their own kind.

God fear tactics, control methods and the hegelian dialect process all works too well on the "UNEDUCATED MASSES".......
Getting ready for the next war? Probably.
Suppose we are the targets of their bombs should this war occur?
Suppose the free thinkers and real patriots are the marked ones?

I need a supply of rocket launchers......

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are deliberately missing the point here.
Louisianna already HAS a military base that is set up for just this sort of thing. Ft. Polk. It is the home of the US Army's JRTC training (Joint Readiness Training Center)... Exercises there are a month long. Complete fake cities and all.
The entire point of this story is that they SHOULDN'T be conducting this training over populated areas. And they know they shouldn't.
This is conditioning, folks. I'm sorry to sound condescending, but if you can't see through it for what it really is, you are willingly blind.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What civilians call "Delta Force" has been doing this kind of thing long before 9/11. They did it in San Antonio a few years back and everyone got a kick out of it. They sometimes have to practice on multistory buildings, parking garages, etc., and the real world is a better place to practice than in a on-base kill-house which will never be as realistic as the unusual configurations you find in actual abandoned buildings in urban zones. When you factor in needing the copter pilots to have training in dodging things found in an urban area but not necessarily a base, it is easy to understand (1) why they do the training this way; and (2) why they chose New Orleans (plenty of abandoned buildings). They are training this way so that when it counts, mistakes are less likely. They made the announcment over the news media, right? Sheesh, would you rather that they not be prepared?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I posted those links in response to a request for similar activities happening in the past. The links I posted show that this is not the first time the military has done training exercises in an area that is populated, or in one that was populated but is mostly or completely abandoned. (Sounds like parts of New Orleans there doesn't it.)

From what I have read, they are flying helicopters over populated areas. They aren't going running around neighborhoods with live ammo scaring the little children, they aren't dropping bombs on populated areas, they aren't shooting civilians, they aren't "on the ground". They are in helicopters flying over populated areas and there are some in this thread trying to act like soldiers are in New Orleans right now blowing the city to smithereens when it simply isn't true. There is a military base 20 minutes south of New Orleans, so yeah they can probably hear them using live rounds on the base occasionally, but they aren't out pretending that US civilians are the enemy.

..........The following is not directed at any specific person..........
..........but rather the thread in general..........

Get a grip people and quit with the "the military is out to get me" paranoia and fear-mongering. It's threads like this that cause the rest of the world to think people who come to this or similar sites are all nut-jobs.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It astounds me that you, or anyone else for that matter, can look at the State of this Union and see anything OTHER than the fact that the Government is NOT looking out for mine or your benefit.
I don't know what else to say. Please re-read my previous post.

PS - Does nobody even CARE that they are admittingly militarizing our Police Force?
I guess not too many folks do. I just hope they have pondered the logical conclusion of that situation.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Realms

This is frightening.

Practicing for locating escapees? Well I guess the river isn't gonna be my route anymore when it's time...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this happens all the time where i live, i was in the army and you can always tell when an army helicopter flys by because everything just freezes. but these gooks and their weird private helicopters are weird. they will just sit there and circle for like hours. its the weirdest thing. i dont know what they want or what they are doing. but they seem to have nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

That would be the government's fault, and I have no part in the blame for that one. I didn't vote for a single one of the senators or representatives for my state that helped get us in this mess, and I sure didn't vote to re-elect any of them. Don't like how the government is being run? Stop voting the same guys back in. That would be a good start. (That goes for everyone, not just you.
)

I read your previous post, prior to posting mine actually. They asked for and received permission prior to starting this. The residents in the area were warned. A news release was put out about it. It was on their local news. None of them pitched a very big fit apparently until they realized that helicopters are loud. They aren't in any danger, they just have to put up with some noise for a week. They can always pick a different guy for mayor so it doesn't happen again. And with a base 20 minutes away, they are going to hear noise from it occasionally whether they like it or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by candide

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by odd1out

Again, a THEORETICAL scenario, yes?

You see the difference between a table-top exercise, a defensive drill, and an offensive physically deployed exercise in a public urban area?

Theoretical? No, this happened in Portland too, freaked a lot of people out.

some clips..
KATU News Report
Helicopters in Portland, OR
Black Helicopters Invade Portland

Damn how did I miss all this in my backyard?

I thought I saw a cool helicopter last night over the I5 bridge though as I was going down sr-14 in washington.

BTW I don't see any bombs in the video.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I understand your point. I just don't agree with it. At all.
This type of action is forbidden by our Constitution. I don't understand why people didn't scream from the rafters when they removed the Posse Comitatus act a few years back. (actually, I do understand. The reason is the vast majority of Americans are morons)...

This is just another example of the Government capitalizing on a catastrophic event. Just like 9-11, they have used the Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to move more towards a Police-State. People SHOULD be *furious* over this, but they aren't.
Yes, when there is a catastrophic event, crime goes up. It happened after that Ice-Storm we had here recently. In my opinion, what should infuriate people is the fact that our Police Units are increasingly seeking the help of the Military.
What was that story about a month back about National Guard Troops patrolling with Police in California doing sobriety checks? This is illegal, folks. Raise hell about it!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

If you weren't in Viet Nam, then I suspect you don't have any idea of what you are talking about rather than trying to emulate a wild-eyed anarchist.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

In our country also, in California I think, they have a whole "small town" built for Urban warfare training exercises....and I read that several Urban warfare training scenarios have already been staged and carried out, although I can't remember where.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

run for your life don,t let them catch you they will feed you to the aliens or you will end up in a FEMA camp .

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573
reply to post by MasterRegal

What do you mean by two wars? Just curious

I am assuming he/she means Afghanistan and Iraq. Btw I dont see anything ominous about these black helicoptors. That is why infowars is posting the story and no one else is. Infowars is such a rediculous site. They take innocent stories and twist the truth to scare gullible people. Cant believe anyone takes anything serious that they write about. Fema death camps, bush's martial law, etc...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by tide88]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join