It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think the Rapture has happened

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I stopped reading after "we'll notice obama's birth cert lists his father as satan himself."

Nice try though, I give it a 3/10

[edit on 29-1-2009 by DisobedientCitizen]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I have read the scriptures myself and have hungered and read the word. However, Christ left us with two great commandments which are failsafe for all mankind

(1) Love the Lord with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind
and (love your neighbour as yourself)

Personally, I believe that we are all connected in spirit to one another and to the Universe.

I have read Holy Scriptures and I have found that the two greatest commandments make being in the world a much easier place.

I forgive those who harm me in some way, and do evil acts against me. I love those who don't love me.

I pray for those, who are in need of prayer.

Knowing scripture and living scripture are two different things.

Knowing Scripture is having the words etched into your soul.
Living Scripture is taking an active role on what you have learnt.

My dad told me that the anagram for BIBLE is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

[edit on 29/1/09 by rachel07]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Why would the holy spirit send you to the word? The holy spirit will come and teach you all things Jesus says. But you say the holy spirit came and told you to study a book?

When I learned from the holy spirit, it was somewhat nuts(and at first I thought I was going crazy). I was given an answer, and new questions would come just 1 after another. And then I was given understanding and answers just in what otherwise seemed like random events. Like in just walking to the park something would happen that would reveal the answer to me. Things that were always there, but it was like look at it now with this new understanding. My entire perception of everything pretty much changed, not just in how I looked at the bible but the entire world and world events.

Now, I do not think it was pure coincidence that I ended up reading the words of Jesus. But I had read those same words before and they never meant anything to me. Suddenly they did. Suddenly I knew exactly what Jesus was talking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

What you talk about is to believe for the very works sake. That is the thing that is considered to be the least one can do, and is therefore something all should do. That should show the importance of it.

The path and following just as you say is the most important thing of it all. When I had my experience that is what was made apparent to me over all else, the path. Jesus even says those who truly believe will walk the path.

I wish more people would believe for the very works sake. It's not that hard, just think of how people would have to act in order to live in a truly peaceful society and then be that change yourself.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hmmm? I thought the topic was about the rapture?

Or is that only for those that can read?

I would like to hear some other opinions about it.
What has the Holy Spirit revealed to you from God's word, fulfilled prophecies and world events?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I had a vision in which I seen the father.

Just as i said, you think you are so special that god has given you alone (or i suspect anyone who agrees with you) the vision of the truth.

The bible warns not to believe people who claim this, earlier in the thread people were even saying not to to believe Pauls vision of christ on the route to dimascus! Yet you say the lord, despite what he said in the bible, has appeared to you in a vision?

This god didn't by any chance give you a special place in life did he? a role only you could perform? something of that nature, i suspect that because you couldn't face the fact you had already failed god and were going to hell, or that god and the bible is just a delusion you decided to create yourself a magical world in which you know the truth, in which your life has purpose and meaning. Has not the devil tempted you, have not your brought into his lie, his greed and egotism?

Why would god tell only you? Have i not read the bible, have i not asked for guidance? why would not the lord lean down and show me his path? If not I, for my ego isn't large enough to let me think the lord would care what i, then what of those huge men of history, those bad popes and cruel inquisition ear Christians, those knights of the red cross, those who bowed and scraped and prayed and prayed yet never does god show them his path, yet for you he has unveiled the truth?

yet you tell me still you won't even consider the thought that satan has led you astray with lies! Yet you tell me still that you won't consider the bible worthless, you believe do you not that god inspired the truth in the bible? is that not your belief? Yet you think you are one of the few in history to be gifted by the divine will? How can you ignore the sections of the bible which warn against people who make statements like yours?

Look around you, the tribulation is mid way though, all good men have been taken and we, we sinners, we men of egotism, we men of pride, we fornicators and unclean wretches are all thats left, soon christ will judge the worthy and our eternal sleep will begin! Enjoy the last of gods gift while you can.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

Well, I have and do read Scripture, but as I already eluded to, I was already taught most of the teachings found in the Bible before I read even a single verse of it. I do enjoy reading Scripture and I feel good after doing so, but I would not say that is necessary for me to learn since I was being taught long before I started reading. I feel that those teachings are "written on my heart" by the Holy Spirit, but that does not mean I don't read and enjoy it thoroughly.

The Scriptures have value, but I for one can't always be sure that what I am reading was not changed by someone when it was rewritten and reworded. Maybe something was added or something was removed? If it is written on my heart, there can be no doubt who put it there and no doubt as to whether it was edited from it's original meaning. I probably don't read them as much as you do, but I read them. I just don't view Scripture as my primary learning tool is all and if you do, there's nothing wrong with that. God reaches out to people and teaches them in different ways.
It only matters that we end up at the same place, yes?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Rapture has NOT happened because my neighbour who is an avid "Devil Dodger" is still here and tithing himself to oblivion!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes not only hearers of the word but doers of the word ...I agree ...
I certainly do try and do just that ..forgiveness is something I learned right off the bat ..The Lord forgave me I certainly need to forgive others ..I have forgiven men who tried to kill me several times ..so please the forgiveness thing I completely agree with .............

And that was what I tried to tell Badmedia ...forgive the Catholic Church for their part in the slaughtering of people etc ...forgive the republican Christians who voted for Bush not knowing what he was actually doing ......(they were blinded) ...And they NEED PRAYER not condemnation ...tell that to badmedia ..this is what THE HOLY SPIRIT that the BIBLE SPEAKS ABOUT would TELL BADMEDIA if indeed it was the Holy Spirit ....

He is still holding all responsible for what a few did ..he says all Christians are satanists etc ..due to the actions of a few ..and he still holds those wrongs over the heads of us all ..(even though I never took any part in any of it ) .....he also says the Holy Spirit tells him that Paul was a false teacher and of the devil ....yadda yadda ..

That is not the same Holy Spirit that I know ...sorry but it just is not .....

If it is then sorry I want no part of that spirit of unforgiveness and false accusations and tossing the word aside and walking on your own mind set of what is or what isnt truth ...

Maybe your all right ..maybe I do not know this Spirit that some of you speak of ..possibly because it is not the same spirit as the one I know ...........

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

The body is the temple of god.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

etc.

Why are you so scared to look within?

I believe the way to our have citizenship in the Kingdom of Heaven is within us, but not the entire Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus said, "In my fathers house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you and will return in like manner".

Then he ascended to heaven.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a large place. It is described as the heavenly city that will be above the earth during the millenium for all to see.

A few hundred miles above the earth will make it appear the size of the moon. Dimensions are found in Scripture. Some think it is square, some spherical, some think pyramid shaped.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
Just as i said, you think you are so special that god has given you alone (or i suspect anyone who agrees with you) the vision of the truth.

Actually, I'm not "so special", and that is the point. I am no different than you. These are things which even Jesus says you will have. But you think I am saying I am special because you believe this is not something you can have.

The bible warns not to believe people who claim this, earlier in the thread people were even saying not to to believe Pauls vision of christ on the route to dimascus! Yet you say the lord, despite what he said in the bible, has appeared to you in a vision?

Do not believe me. Please do not believe me. Find out for yourself. Everyone should have their own vision. People believing another man over god is exactly the problem. I'm not telling you to believe me, I am telling you that you have sold yourself short and that you are looking at physical replacements for things. When you find out for yourself, then you will understand. Tell me, has John 14:20 happened to you?

This god didn't by any chance give you a special place in life did he? a role only you could perform? something of that nature, i suspect that because you couldn't face the fact you had already failed god and were going to hell, or that god and the bible is just a delusion you decided to create yourself a magical world in which you know the truth, in which your life has purpose and meaning. Has not the devil tempted you, have not your brought into his lie, his greed and egotism?

Nope, no special role, no special instructions. He asked me a single question - do you want it to end? And then without thought at all, like a deeper part of me replied - no, there is still good out there. After which I was taught by the holy spirit. It is by my own choice that I speak what I do. It is my understanding that when you give your will to god(I tried), he doesn't take your will, but instead gives you knowledge and wisdom and then your will is then his will by default. As his will all along has been for you to be such.

Why would god tell only you? Have i not read the bible, have i not asked for guidance? why would not the lord lean down and show me his path? If not I, for my ego isn't large enough to let me think the lord would care what i, then what of those huge men of history, those bad popes and cruel inquisition ear Christians, those knights of the red cross, those who bowed and scraped and prayed and prayed yet never does god show them his path, yet for you he has unveiled the truth?

He didn't tell just me. He tells everyone, you just don't hear him.

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

But you accuse me of egotism for claiming such things are in me.

yet you tell me still you won't even consider the thought that satan has led you astray with lies! Yet you tell me still that you won't consider the bible worthless, you believe do you not that god inspired the truth in the bible? is that not your belief? Yet you think you are one of the few in history to be gifted by the divine will? How can you ignore the sections of the bible which warn against people who make statements like yours?

I considered such many times. I'm not afraid to question things. I'd be foolish not too. But what you are saying is that when I asked for a fish, I got the serpent instead, and yet Jesus tells you not to worry because the father would not do such a thing.

Look around you, the tribulation is mid way though, all good men have been taken and we, we sinners, we men of egotism, we men of pride, we fornicators and unclean wretches are all thats left, soon christ will judge the worthy and our eternal sleep will begin! Enjoy the last of gods gift while you can.

Revelation and apocalypse is the revealing of the truth. Tell me, if what you have is actually the truth, then why does this revealing of the truth still need to happen? Tell me, how does this religion and church come to power before the return of Christ and such? How does it happen before the truth is revealed to all? Why does the so called religion of christ have so much blood on it's hands? All foundations of the earth are corrupted.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

when do they build the giant gold and gem city in isreal, does it rise from the ground like magic or will they build it? sounds crazy.

can't wait for the sky castle

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry for my ranting ..
But I have never in my life ever met a truly born again believer who says that the Holy Spirit told them to toss the bible and hate Paul because Paul was a liar .....

This is really something new that I have not heard until I met you Badmedia.
It just floors me ....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I believe the way to our have citizenship in the Kingdom of Heaven is within us, but not the entire Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus said, "In my fathers house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you and will return in like manner".

Then he ascended to heaven.

Well, it is a portion of the father himself that is in you. Father and son relationship. The father knows all, all possibilities everything. The son(us) is not all knowing, we have a limited perception of things.

All things of the spirit of god will eventually return. I do not believe in an eternal hell, it is possible should someone just refuse to change, just as a stove eye will burn you as long as you put your finger on it, but eventually all return. It's just a matter of what it takes before the person wakes up and learns.

Many mansions is a great argument for other life in the universe IMO.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a large place. It is described as the heavenly city that will be above the earth during the millenium for all to see.

A few hundred miles above the earth will make it appear the size of the moon. Dimensions are found in Scripture. Some think it is square, some spherical, some think pyramid shaped.

Well every possibility you can think of and more is actually happening right now. So that is large enough that you could day dream about things all day long and not even come close to seeing all.

You also change dimensions every "second". The shapes aren't really dimensions themselves really, the shape is relative to your perception. Meaning the shape kind of travels with you. The nearest 3d worlds are stacked into 4d shape, and that is stacked into 5d and so on. These are all things the father knows, but we in our limited perception see only in 3d(we actually see in 2d, but with depth perception we turn it into 3d).

The direction in which you move across this is determined by the choices you make. You reap what you sow. And this is why the path of Jesus is the most important thing, and why I keep saying people have to actually walk the path. Because as you walk the path, the choices you make take you closer dimensionally to heaven. Make a bad choice, end up in Jail and other types of hell, and if you continue these bad choices the further and further you sink into hell. Just look at meth addicts for example, digging themselves deeper and deeper into their own personal hell.

This is why what the hypocrites do is so bad. Because they are able to see it in others, they know right and wrong, but they think they are justified when they do it. But vengeance is mine sayeth the lord. You are never justified in doing so, you do not judge others that is not your place. So when the hypocrite kills a man because that man killed, it is not seen as justified, it is seen as 2 sins. This is what Jesus was trying to show the Pharisees.

And you are automatically forgiven for sins when you no longer do them. Because that is the point when you no longer do it, and when you no longer do it then you immediately start walking the path which is required. You aren't asking for forgiveness for something if you repeat the act, you aren't sorry for what you did, you are sorry for what it reaps. When you are truly sorry for the act, then you will not do it again.

Now I can't vouch for it, but according to Jesus if you do these things then you will never taste death. Which I think is possible because death isn't actually real. I seen it was possible before I heard him say it, but only seen it as possible. Don't think that means your flesh and body will never die, just that you consciousness won't be there when it happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry for my ranting ..
But I have never in my life ever met a truly born again believer who says that the Holy Spirit told them to toss the bible and hate Paul because Paul was a liar .....

This is really something new that I have not heard until I met you Badmedia.
It just floors me ....

I wish I could say that never in my life had I met someone who lived in such a dualistic viewpoint. I never said the holy spirit told me to toss the bible, I said the holy spirit didn't teach me with the bible. The holy spirit didn't point me to the bible.

Never once was any specific item every shown to me as bad or good. I was simply given an understanding of the truth. I was shown not to focus on things like idols and symbolism, but instead to look at things on a deeper level. Instead of seeing things as a literal 1+1=2, see the equation and truth behind it. Because that is the important thing. I see Paul doing exactly what I was shown not to do. I also see Paul doing things Jesus tells people not to do. Coincidence?

Have you experienced John 14:20?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by John Matrix

when do they build the giant gold and gem city in isreal, does it rise from the ground like magic or will they build it? sounds crazy.

can't wait for the sky castle

The Kingdom City on earth will be on Mt.Zion. It will be built at the end of the seven year tribulation and will likely involve everyone in it's construction. There will be a new economy as well.....no more poverty.

The above mentioned is not to be confused with the City of Heaven.

The Heavenly City will be massive.....about 1500 miles square. If it's cube shaped or spherical it is quite large. The total land area of the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, is 3,717,796 sq miles. The literal land area of the city described in Revelation would be 2,250,000 sq miles. That would make the city a somewhat larger than 1/2 the size of the United States. It also refers to a wall around the city which I believe is a protective shell 1500 miles high and close to 500 ft thick, and probably made of a clear crystal type of material. It will be in orbit above the earth.

I have this link for you:

www.epm.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I find it easier to say, "The essence of God is in us and all living matter." That God is a separate entity cannot really be questioned, as there are great differences between us and them!

IMO his spirit is separate from us also. The trend now is to believe that we are all God. This of course goes back to ancient civilizations and is just a rehash. But this philosophy is not consistent with man and his countless imperfections and consequences.

But the ability, or chance, to connect to God is available to all, but most won't find it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes not only hearers of the word but doers of the word ...I agree ...
I certainly do try and do just that ..forgiveness is something I learned right off the bat ..The Lord forgave me I certainly need to forgive others ..I have forgiven men who tried to kill me several times ..so please the forgiveness thing I completely agree with .............

And that was what I tried to tell Badmedia ...forgive the Catholic Church for their part in the slaughtering of people etc ...forgive the republican Christians who voted for Bush not knowing what he was actually doing ......(they were blinded) ...And they NEED PRAYER not condemnation ...tell that to badmedia ..this is what THE HOLY SPIRIT that the BIBLE SPEAKS ABOUT would TELL BADMEDIA if indeed it was the Holy Spirit ....

He is still holding all responsible for what a few did ..he says all Christians are satanists etc ..due to the actions of a few ..and he still holds those wrongs over the heads of us all ..(even though I never took any part in any of it ) .....he also says the Holy Spirit tells him that Paul was a false teacher and of the devil ....yadda yadda ..

That is not the same Holy Spirit that I know ...sorry but it just is not .....

If it is then sorry I want no part of that spirit of unforgiveness and false accusations and tossing the word aside and walking on your own mind set of what is or what isnt truth ...

Maybe your all right ..maybe I do not know this Spirit that some of you speak of ..possibly because it is not the same spirit as the one I know ...........

You know what. You keep on telling lies about me. You keep on bearing false witness on me. Please, tell me a single time where I said the holy spirit told me directly that Paul was a false teacher, or anything close to that. I am telling you that I was given understanding, and from that understanding I came to 2 conclusions on the bible. #1 is that Jesus is telling the truth, the father is in him and the father was speaking through him. #2 is that Paul does exactly what I was shown not to do.

Your entire premise is built on the idea that you can't understand Jesus for yourself. That you need Paul in order to understand Jesus, and even though Paul does things that Jesus says to specifically not do, even though Paul does things which Jesus himself refused to do, that if my understanding of Jesus is not in line with Paul then I am wrong.

You tell me you have the holy spirit, but then you doubt me when I talk about things being within. Which was the base of my entire understanding and what changed my entire view. When my world change was the day that John 14:20 happened to me. That understanding is in itself huge. So huge that you have to be comforted(because you'll think you're going freaking crazy) by the holy spirit and taught things.

And it doesn't have anything to do with forgiving the church for past events. I'm just pointing out the truth of the matter. What you are actually asking me to do is to ignore the fruits, when I am told to look at the fruits.

There is a difference in making good judgments for yourself(wisdom) and judging others. In order to make good judgments, one must know the truth whatever it may be. You can't just ignore part of the truth and still expect to make good judgments. If you would quit ignoring these parts of the truth, then maybe you would see how the Christian religion itself fulfilled the role of the false religion, right down to being in the name of Christ.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Fine words spoken by you, alas as i say in my post -the bible warns against people like you, people who think they can find special meanings and clever answers hidden in the text when only Gods word is law, why should i follow your false prophecy when the literal truth of the matter is right their in black and white?

By the very simple FACT that it isn't!

God uses those who can "SEE" the truth and are willing to expose it. It is not for those who are not looking, as in your case. If you believe your words, then why are you breaking a command in speaking to me? Are you above it?

In the back of your mind is a question. I trigger your doubts. Otherwise you would not be throwing accusations. Your greatest fear: What if I am right? And God has specified servants to dispense his knowledge and are being used to identify all the lies, especially in these end days?

NOW, would be the logical time to disclose new enlightenment. You are fearful that it won't fit your beliefs. As I have said so many times on ATS; you would denounce Jesus himself and call him an anti-Christ because he would turn over your symbolic tables and call all religion: white washed graves full of dead men's bones.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Okay ....have you not said many times in many posts that the Church is of satan ? And that Christians are killers ..(holding what a few did in his name on everyone who are Christians) ...and that Paul is a liar and a false teacher ?And that he spoke contrary to Jesus (which he did not ...you are misinterpreting him) ................
All after you tell all of us how that the Holy Spirit taught you ....did the Holy Spirit tell you these things or not ?
If not then who did ? If you are filled with the Holy Spirit of God of which was the same Holy Spirit of who called PAUL personally ...then it cannot be the same Holy Spirit ..............

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join