It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think the Rapture has happened

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Natureboy do not despair...the bible warned us that this would all happen just as it is ....just be strong and endure unto the end ..whether we are taken away as in raptured or by death or by enduring unto the end end ......
We need to just put our trust in the Lord ..and have faith that he has not left us ...he is still right here with us ......and we just need to pray for those who have fallen away from the truth ...pray for them ...it really will make you feel better ..
It is hard for me to watch all of this happening too ..but I am trying to just stay strong and get through it as best as I can ..............and I need to take my own advice and just start praying for all ....hang in there ....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I am not sure what you said exactly, but it would help if you could break your paragraphs down into smaller ones for me to read! Hehehe, gives me a headache.

I asked God what perfection meant and he said in one word: "freedom."

You are perhaps trying to apply rational reasoning to a situation that is not explainable in human terms? Can we be perfect if we are laden down with drugs or alcohol? Is this freedom? Or is it self mutilation or self tyranny? Common sense, I feel, needs to be applied. Would the clean touch the unclean? Do the two mix?

God's essence or life force exists in everything to stay alive. But his dynamic spirit - not necessarily. Why would it? His spirit may be likened to a magic wand, or creative finger, or a conscious decision, etc. Whereas, the prior may have little to do with him personally. Otherwise, why would he impart his "spirit" to a serial killer, and in essence by this attention be giving his approval? IMO.

If he is in all of us - consciously, then he is doing an astoundingly bad job!!! Being in contact with us lemmings would take away from His freedom, wouldn't it?

"May the force be with you!" - Star Wars

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

At the moment we're in the mid of Trib, the first most holy are gone and the rest of the chosen people are clearing the holy land of non-chosen ones before building a temple on temple mount, etc, etc - we have about three to four years before then final end of our existence which just happens to fall on 2012, the end of the age of Jesus as predicted in the only thing which we can trust for prediction THE BIBLE!

Actually, we are at the end of the trib, but whose counting?

Thank God, it's not humans who are clearing anything! We, you and I, and badmedia, and other heretics would be in trouble!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've been researching and thinking, one thread posed by matrixprophet has made me notice i'm almost wrong...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in fact christianity has been falling for over a thousand years, the bible has been so edited and changed that none of the lords words survive and only chaos and evil remain, is this world now hell? are we the damned already being punished?

i have to go read some bibles to check, will report back with my findings... although if i can't trust the bible, maybe i should enter a trance and awate the lords word....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the rapture has not happened and never will. Assuming an intelligent group of people without the use of drugs and amanita muscaria or anything else wrote what describes the rapture then I think we know nothing of how it will be and it probably won't be anything that we think it will be. I think if at best it will be a group of people at a specific time that are enlightened or learn the truth of what has been going on and from that, set the stage for the next cycle of humanity to be completely different from our past destructive one.

Perhaps it won't happen like you think because the people who wrote our originally un-tweaked scriptures spoke in code and rhyme giving general and vague descriptions of how they perceived life and the things of it they cannot explain because of their lack of knowledge and technology. Perhaps this is why there are so many contradictions that religious individuals overlook and only apply what fits their reasoning and beliefs.

Perhaps religion is the worlds biggest lie and perhaps rapture will have a way of showing us this. Perhaps this mystical way of thinking about the past will be stomped and with knowledge and truth we will further our progression into something much more realistic and beneficial putting aside these religious beliefs that separate the world and keep us as single minded people blinded to what religion really does. How many have died for religion? How many have missed out in life because of religion?

PERHAPS RELIGION IS A DETRIMENT TO MANKIND.........

[edit on 29-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That 144k is not how many are going to heaven. It is an amount of Virgin High Priests that will be marked in the forehead with Deity's mark, sealing them from the woes. More then likely, they will be the leaders that lead us through the tribulations that follow.

The rapture? A fable as most interpret it. Good people are not going to be whisked away, rather its the bad people that will be more then likely. That is very much what happened during the crucification of Christ. The better of the people were spared.

It is more likely that those righteous will be raised up to meet and greet the Savior when he comes in glory. And that is what people think of as the rapture being. Not that they are going to ascend into heaven.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Thank you!!

in fact christianity has been falling for over a thousand years, the bible has been so edited and changed that none of the lords words survive and only chaos and evil remain, is this world now hell? are we the damned already being punished?

Well...is it possible that we are in an age of enlightenment? Granted, while some are in Dante's Inferno, others are in (a metaphorically speaking) the cosmic wonderland scene in the movie "Contact!" We live in a time of extremes. Right?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The word rapture doesn't exist in the bible, it's a modern day invention with a modern day definition, the 7 year figure is a good example, where does this come from?

God takes his followers like he takes his sinners, when they die. If you mean the 2nd coming of Christ, Jesus will take his elect few but this will be literally when he shows up it won't be 7 years before he shows up, it will be the same day he shows up, they will meet him before he makes his final land on mount Zion. This 7 year mumbo jumbo and this 'rapture' urban myth is nothing more than false interpretations of the bible by the guys who wrote a fictional book series, namely 'left behind', which happen to be very false and un-inspired.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by dizziedame

you are vein enough to think you are one of the top 144,000 christians ever to have lived? haha yeah right, that vanity alone puts you behind probably a few million monks who would never have assumed such a thing!

What makes you think you're in the 144,000?

i pulled my ticket from the machine and i got in line.
still waiting, mines 32,158.
how'd you get yours??

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So what do we do now?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
the rapture is never mentioned in the bible. It will not happen. It was a theological theory created by John Nelson Darby based on a "vision" had by a fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald in 1830.

Please sight the chapter and verse from the bible that leads you to believe that this event will occur.

www.askthepriest.org...

read the last paragraph:

The theological notion of a "rapture" was invented 170 years ago. In 1830, in Port Glasgow, Scotland, fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald had a vision concerning the return of Christ. Her vision was adopted by John Nelson Darby a British minister and founder of a denomination called the "Plymouth Brethern." In 1909, an American, C. I. Scofield, pubished an annotated version of the "King James" translation of the Bible called the "Scofield Reference Bible." Scofield's annotations were based on the theology of John Nelson Darby. The "Scofield Reference Bible" popularized the teachings of Darby. Fundamentalist Christians in the U. S. adopted Scofield's Bible as authoritative. With the rise of fundamentalism in the U. S. in recent years, the popularity of the theological notion of the "rapture" has also gained popularity.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What about the staggering proof that Jesus did not die for us and did travel down through the middle east and onto India?

also does it not strick you interesting that all these prohets like mohammed and krishna all had a wife just like jesus and mary magdeline?

i think they are all the same and reincarnated at different times....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

first of all the OP is wrong about 144,000 being the ones raptured. the 144,000 are actually on the earth after the initial rapture, these are the ones that are SEALED with the seal of God on their foreheads so the diseases dont effect them that effect those on the earth.

I suggest the OP re-study the events, when the rapture happens it will most likely be during a global power outage, people will be in such dis-array they will not know about millions of missing until later, even if at all because it could happen during a catastrophe and the government might log the numbers due to natural events.

believe me when the stuff hits the fan you will know it.

thanks for seeking the truth and keep it up!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinesolis
the rapture is never mentioned in the bible. It will not happen. It was a theological theory created by John Nelson Darby based on a "vision" had by a fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald in 1830.

Please sight the chapter and verse from the bible that leads you to believe that this event will occur.

www.askthepriest.org...

read the last paragraph:

The theological notion of a "rapture" was invented 170 years ago. In 1830, in Port Glasgow, Scotland, fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald had a vision concerning the return of Christ. Her vision was adopted by John Nelson Darby a British minister and founder of a denomination called the "Plymouth Brethern." In 1909, an American, C. I. Scofield, pubished an annotated version of the "King James" translation of the Bible called the "Scofield Reference Bible." Scofield's annotations were based on the theology of John Nelson Darby. The "Scofield Reference Bible" popularized the teachings of Darby. Fundamentalist Christians in the U. S. adopted Scofield's Bible as authoritative. With the rise of fundamentalism in the U. S. in recent years, the popularity of the theological notion of the "rapture" has also gained popularity.

the word poopyface isnt in the bible but i assure you, satan is a poopyface

now the idea of the rapture is a word made from a event that is most assuredly in the bible, and im sick of hearing people say it doesnt exist because the term isnt in there. We come up with new terms all the time but the next term made up doesnt null the original.

the verse:
1 Thessalonians 4:17

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

to be Raptured means to be CAUGHT UP - into the clouds - to meet with God.

come on people, stop debating over SUCH STUPID THINGS

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, if you spent half as much time doing real research as arguing with stupid things like word-play this world would be alot better off.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
you know what I got from this thread? All these supposed righteous christians just bicker amongst themselves over definitions.

I will say the idea of the OP is interesting, might make a good movie.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper

the word poopyface isnt in the bible but i assure you, satan is a poopyface

now the idea of the rapture is a word made from a event that is most assuredly in the bible, and im sick of hearing people say it doesnt exist because the term isnt in there. We come up with new terms all the time but the next term made up doesnt null the original.

the verse:
1 Thessalonians 4:17

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

to be Raptured means to be CAUGHT UP - into the clouds - to meet with God.

come on people, stop debating over SUCH STUPID THINGS

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, if you spent half as much time doing real research as arguing with stupid things like word-play this world would be alot better off.

The topic of this thread is a pre-tribulation rapture and millions are going to lose faith when they think they missed it. Sure, when the tribulation is over, those that are alive and remain will go up into the clouds with the Lord, but there most certainly will not be a rapture where certain people are whisked away before all the bad stuff happens. That is generally what people mean when they speak of the rapture, is it not?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The topic of this thread is a pre-tribulation rapture and millions are going to lose faith when they think they missed it. Sure, when the tribulation is over, those that are alive and remain will go up into the clouds with the Lord, but there most certainly will not be a rapture where certain people are whisked away before all the bad stuff happens. That is generally what people mean when they speak of the rapture, is it not?

i was simply trying to argue how stupid definitions are.

yes i most certainly agree with you, the rapture is not something that is going to occur at the beginning, rather either middle or end, either way people are going to be disappointing and think they have missed it, and either way we are going to go through terrible times before this event occurs. the pre-rapture is a lie that was started to fill the church coffers with false hope.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic

Perhaps religion is the worlds biggest lie and perhaps rapture will have a way of showing us this. Perhaps this mystical way of thinking about the past will be stomped and with knowledge and truth we will further our progression into something much more realistic and beneficial putting aside these religious beliefs that separate the world and keep us as single minded people blinded to what religion really does. How many have died for religion? How many have missed out in life because of religion?

PERHAPS RELIGION IS A DETRIMENT TO MANKIND.........

[edit on 29-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

Religion is man-made - Christ is not........

Yes, there have been wars upon wars in the name of religion, but these wars were not what the Father wanted. Man has hidden behind the name of the most Holy for ages for their own selfish reasons, POWER!

Now, as to the thread. No, I do not believe the Rapture has happened yet, but I do believe that we are in the *evening time* of the timeline. Yes, I do believe in a pre-rapture event where Christ's church or bride will be taken up in the air. I believe that his *bride* will not go through the worst of the tribulation period.

How long is the *evening time*, I do not know for sure, no one does, but one can feel in their sprit that it is soon. Christ is preparing his *bride* to be ready for the wedding feast.

I believe if we keep a very close communion with the Father ALL the time and keep our spiritual mind, spiritual eyes, spiritual heart and our soul always open and close to the Father's spirit, that the Holy Spirit will help us with what we need to know and when we need to know it. By keeping our consciousness in tune with Christ's consciousness he will help us like he said that he would, through the gift of the Holy Spirit.

One does not need to belong or attend a church to have this divine, mystical knowledge from Christ. Just as there is a physical world there also is a spiritual world around us at the same time. If one is a follower of Jesus Christ, remember he taught us how to enter into the spiritual realm. And it is every bit as real and busy as our material world.

A Christian/follower of Christ it is their hope that they will be taken up when the Rapture occurs and it is our charge that we pray for those who are left behind. They will truly will need all the prayers that we can offer up to the throne on their behalf.

Keep yourself ready. Keep watch!

Peace to you

Grandma

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In 2001 it was the first year of the 3rd millenia,(when I think it was supposed to happen) I was framed for a columbiner look alike in high school. Nostradamus talked about Mabus attacking New York in 1999 3rd anti-christ after Napoleon and Hitler to be believed. If your talking about the leader of an empire of someone causing big problems ie war and nowadays with the technological era. On the cover of a muse cd you see someone looking up and shadows on the ground from the air of people flying to maybe sort of suggest rapture the subliminals are not everywhere and it is music means something to everyone.
Maybe it is a spiritual thing or an awakening that earth is heaven and with are free will we either choose to be good or evil. The bible was written 2000 years ago different time and culture and 4 languages ago maybe words got changed lost meaning or it was just a framework for all of reality or building a universe as it was seen or told to him. If you take the garden of eden story, they were both naked a serpent told eve to eat an apple (symbolism?and what looks like a serpent if they were both naked) and they saw that they were both naked and got kicked out of eden (eaten nede almost nude backwards?in english at least).
Give us this day are daily bread leed us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, as we forgive are trespasses and those who have trespassed against us, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, amen . OK I might have got some of the words wrong it has been awhile.
I heard the word armagetton stood for a place in europe or the middle east a city or town. Maybe it was never intended what it turned out to be with Hellraiser movies or Consantine movies, just a thought I am trying to get you to think outside the box or consider every possibility and add something to this thread.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join