It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Isn't the bashing,OFF TOPIC?

Shouldn't people stick to the subject and only post made that can find something good to say?

I don't recall the OP stating let's debate the matter.

[edit on 033131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ClintK

He turned out to be the biggest partisan divider --by a long shot-- in American history.

I do believe Obama is going to give Bush a run for his money in this area and could very well capture the trophy by the time it is all said and done.

NOBODY could be more partisan than Bush. Obama has already chosen a centrist cabinet. The only centrist in Bush's cabinet was Powell. And he quit. Besides, it's incredibly stupid to talk about what someone MIGHT do when they've haven't even been in office 48 hours.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i agree he deserves our respect simply for being the POTUS. he had some very good programs, others not so much. too bad he let all these scandals get out of hand and did not act to prevent them in the first place. he also lost the opportunity to truly unite the nation after 9/11. and he used FEAR too much...

all in all he was a smart guy and knew how to appear as the friend you wanna have a drink with! BTW i really liked cheney too. not sure why everybody thinks he's evil. he's pure genius in my opinion, but historians will debate that for some time...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Isn't the bashing,OFF TOPIC?

Shouldn't people stick to the subject and only post made that can find something good to say?

I don't recall the OP stating let's debate the matter.

[edit on 033131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

You're joking, right? EVERYTHING posted on ATS has pro and con sides.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Amen.

President Bush is a Good Man, one with Moral Convictions, Dignity, Honor, and Humility. Those who scorn him do so out of Partisan spite for the Most Part, and the rest simply Know not the Amazing way in which he has actually kept America strong, in some truly testing times.

As I heard a Political Expert (Former Congressman as well) state the other day, he has NEVER seen a Sitting President act more gracious and accommodating in Nature towards an Incoming Administration, especially one NOT from the same Political Party. President Bush completely went out of his way to show now President Obama the ropes, even after having received nearly Two Straight Years of lashings from the very same man.

I also find it extremely laughable, and downright Hypocritical, that individuals tout President Obama's University Credentials as signs of how "Smart" he is, yet, at the same time they call President Bush stupid. This is despite the Fact that both of these Presidents are Ivy League Graduates, with President Bush having attended Yale, and then Harvard Business School, while President Obama attended Columbia, and then Harvard Law School.

President Bush even had an SAT Score of 1206 on the Old Scale, which is extremely good. President Obama on the other hand refused to even release his SAT Scores, OR his Columbia Transcript. Amazing, is it not?

Well, if what you say is true, and people are only "scorning him out of partisan spite" then I guess 76 percent of the country is now Democrat?

Ugh.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This post makes me want to puke!!! When the truth comes out about this self-righteous, incompetent and fear-mongering neo-con, you people can go hide your head in shame. I guess all of you who are posting kudos to this idiot are part of the 29% of the population of this country who can't see the light of day. There's a reason why the entire world and the majority of Americans are relieved this corrupt administration is out of office. I for one blame both the democrats and the republicans for letting this administration trample upon our constitution. They had a duty to defend the constitution of the United States and both Pelosi, Reid and the republican majority before them, let this country be raped, twisted, and trampled on. If this is considered a tribute to supposed honest, just and caring president, God help us all. It seems like dictatorship is the type of government you all would feel giddy about. I hope this country has learned a difficult lesson - don't judge a person's intelligence by the way they look and act, but by what comes out of their mouth.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have one question for all of the bush supporters out there who tout him as the "protector of our country".

Why are we in a damn near depression now? (And don't say we aren't, my grandmother LIVED THROUGH the great depression and she has told me several times thus far that what she is seeing around us, is EXACTLY what she saw back then, minus the wall street brokers jumping out of the windows of their buildings)

If bush was a GOOD president, we would both have a SURPLUS of wealth and we would not have gotten involved in a war with a country with whom we had NO REASON to be at war with. He had NO SOLID EVIDENCE to support his claims of WMD's but yet he wound up KILLING the leader of that country non the less (EVEN though Saddam was a Dirtbag)

Why all of a sudden does america need to be protected from these terrorist attacks that have started happening AFTER BUSH GAINED CONTROL OF AMERICA.

So keep saying he kept america safe when we are a hair away from collapsing like ROME.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

George Bush senior actually said that.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Apparently you misread my post. I am saying that the reason there wasn't another attack is because they WERE ABLE TO PASS these pieces of legislation and invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am saying because they got what they wanted, they didn't orchestrate or allow another attack to happen.

I'm not saying these Draconian, Anti-American bills like the Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act STOPPED an attack. I'm saying that because these bloodthirsty people got what they wanted, there was no NEED for another staged false-flag event, or no need to fear-monger the people.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Do I think that Bush was or is an incompetent man that got a lot further then he should due to the genius of Karl Rove ?
Absolutely.

Do I also think that aspects of Bush presidency have been unfairly judged ?
The rational answer to that question is yes . Bush cant be said to be solely responsible for the the botched response to Hurricane Katrina . The issue of torture aside most of the flak Bush has coped concerning Guantanamo Bay has been unwarranted . There was no precedence(SP?) on how to deal with the detainees .

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would like to know where all this evidence is that shows Bush protected anything. I would like to know how anyone can know what we know about the events of 9/11 and not consider him worthy of indictment for conspiracy to commit murder:

- WTC victims
\
- Sending our troops to their death after sending us to war for reasons that
were based on nothing but lies

- Needless killings of citizens of other countries that, once again, were
committed as a result of a war based on lies

He has the "courage" of a twig, yet the nerve of 10,000 men. We should respect him about as much as we respect Sadam Hussein.

If you had a loved one killed in any one of the above scenarios, I bet you would not think him so deserving of honor. What a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this thread is a good barometer IMO to gauge people's ignorance/"sheepleness"

Well done OP.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

HOLD ON A MINUTE, so you're proud of a man who kept making the wrong decisions over and over and over. It's one thing to stand up for what you believe in but, damn if you've been proven wrong then shouldn't you at least listen to what the people have to say? That's being a man, someone who admits they're wrong and fix the problem, not just say "well It's what I believe and i'm not backing down".

I honestly think that W is a nice guy and means well, but the dude had no right or sane reason to drop thousands of bombs on Iraq. You bush-riders keep bringing up the fact that we haven't been attacked since 911. True, but if you remember that after the 1993 attack it took till 2001, 7 years to hit us agian. Can you please consider the possibilty that the Bush admin. had time on their side? The terrorists take years of planning to make any major attacks.

Sorry but Bush really *snip*, and I would like to see him and Cheney infront of a jury. I know it won't happen so let's see what Obama is all about. Give the guy a chance, we gave a moron 2 chances!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I admire the sheer brainless will of semperfortis to give W credit, but at the same time recognize that it is suicidally stupid to do so. The greatest achievement of the Bush administration, part 2, was to have complete one party dominance of the government's three branches and yet not give one bone to the religious fanatic constituency he used to get elected. No birth control ban, no abortion ban, no mandatory prayer in school.
Nothing but robbery and war and fraud came out of Bush II. It is impossible to say for sure, but it is clear that with Clinton's administration, anti-terrorism was a big issue and it is likely that 9/11 would have never happened under Gore, just as the Millenium Bombers were stopped under Clinton. Deregulation would not have happened the way it did and it is likely that the economy would not have been allowed to balloon on leveraged mortgage instruments and the tech bubble would have been allowed to deflate more naturally instead of herding financiers into the world of falsely valued assets based on crooked mortgages. Gore might have started a move to green technologies earlier and would have thus avoided the oil and gas bubble that saw fuel costs quadruple or more in the oilman Bush administration, which served his base quite well.
The main memory of the Bush administration, if justice is allowed to prevail, will be the same as the last right wing con men of the unearned wealth elites-Coolidge and Hoover. But this time, the wealthy elites will have made much more money at our expense, as we had our retirements placed in 401ks and money market funds based on stocks, which the wealthy knew in advance would be collapsing and through their henchmen short sold themselves to greater wealth at the citizens' expense.
The right wing has knowingly sold our country to the Red Chinese, just like that high tech spy plane Bush gave them early in his first illegitimate term. Not like the planes that crashed with liberal politicians and activists in them, which simply crashed "accidentally" at times, or when the computer tech who could testify as to how to manipulate vote talleys by rerouting the data through his own servers might try to fly himself somewhere and crashes. It was all lies and theatre, a Potemkin cabaret, and lots of people bought it. This time, it wasn't even worth it for the GOP to steal the election-the cupboard is bare and the rubes are going to find out enough of the truth to irk them at having been such stooges.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What makes Obama a "Great man"? Because hes the first black president and hes a good speaker? I havent seen any greatness out of him yet. He has to earn that title. Saying you will do great things is different than doing them. I have allready heard people say that Obama is the greatest president we have ever had. Ok.....Hes been president for almost two days now. Time will show his true character, and just how good of a president he will be, I sure hope for the sake of those people who got an obama portrait tattooed on their body that he does do good.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
From where I am ("Europe") People did not have a very favourable view of the Bush Government (note that I said "Government"!!)

But we also knew that he was severely hampered by senatorial-bickering, unpleasant pressure from ruthless lobbyists, tons of huge ego`s and moreso the ego`s of Wallstreet, the arms-industry and their cronies.

I bet, if one had the chance to ask where he would put the $700bln. dollars of the rescue package if it were really up to him, he would`ve said: The People of the USA, not the filthy rich bankers, mortgage executives etc. etc. But the Reagan years and their "de-regulation" had done so much damage to the governmental power to keep a watchful eye, that he was caught "between a rock and a hard place", pressured(read:blackmailed) by wallstreet with threats of Global Meltdown etc. etc. .. I do not envy the man, and indeed, the booing was véry rude to say the least.

Buuuut..... I will not be ble to forgive his government the widening they instignated towards the rest of the world, the local deafness to real problems (medical security, insurance for everyone, even the poor...to name some). The unwillingness to force the auto-industry to quit making gas-guzzlers(making The USA even more dependant on oil from semi-corrupt Arab kingdoms) European cars, even luxury cars, stayed well around 1 litre to 10 km, standard cars even around 1:17..Why could American cars not?

GM develops a revolutionary Li-Po battery..... suddenly all rights get claimed right away, and the patent lands in a closed vault, not to be used(shut out of the loop by execs in GM..)

Bloody Hell!! You put people on the friggin` móon. Making economic, eco-friendly cars must not be thát hard by comparison... until greed jumps in on the game, that is..

Just one example. It looked as if the innovative side of America was gagged and bound...

Greed is also what defined the USA in the last 8 years, al least that is how it is seen from here. Bush múst have seen this, being a devout Christian, it mùst have displeased him. But I guess it had already gotten out of hand....

Well , just my 0,5 cents (not even 2 cents. )

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I love seeing so many people weigh pros and cons in their posts. It's great to see some balance in a political thread where we usually see so little.

That being said, I don't believe that I fell to rumors and accusations for my disdain for Bush. There was too much that went wrong for me to find the job acceptable. Though I must say that I give him credit for sticking to his guns, I just hate that they were guns he stuck to.

It's only 2 days in but if these 2 days are a sign of things to come I really couldn't be happier. They say the first 100 days is a sign of things to come, I look forward to seeing what the next 98 bring.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by THELONIO

if you make all those loving comments what do you expect?

Level headed thought and intellectual reason.

Sadly missing, but I can still expect it.

Semper, please don't waste time arguing with the less-than-intellectual people on this site like said poster. People like this guy aren't able to give credit where it's due because they are only smart enough to believe what the media feeds them. They cannot form opinions for themselves and they lack any research skills, else they could easily search the same government archives I've been in and see the good things that Bush has done for this great country.

Your words have not fallen on deaf ears and I wholeheartedly agree with them. Bush was and is a great leader and I believe history will be kind to the man. He will be residing in Dallas and I do hope to run into him sometime so I can shake his hand and tell him how much I do appreciate everything he's done for us and salute him properly.

Thumbs up for a great post. I'll print it out and if I ever see him, who knows. Maybe he'll get a chance to read it first-hand.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hrmpf..

Let`s see how far Obama gets before the republican Mobsters wit`ta money start sabotaging.

At the moment they seem a bit shell-shocked by the double-whammy they got served: A Democrat, with a somewhat leftish morale, and also a black man as POTUS.

I DO hope he can push forward some of his rather visionary plans before the republican war-machine gets rolling. As far as I can see, he is a far more pragmatic man than GWB ever was. He may implement some measures that do not digest very well with the general populace.

You have 97 days of relative freedom left. Make the most of it Barack!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All your praise for Bush is very touching. I want to know what praise you can say to the families of the servicemen killed in action for a War that is unfounded in Iraq. While I believe in strength through conviction I also believe not to enter into a conflict that was trumped up and denounced later for supposed Weapons of Mass Destruction. Speaking of destruction this one man has pretty much destroyed the economy of this Country that no other President has even come close too! I do not believe that President Bush will ever be missed and just seeing the charisma of Obama still reminds me of the late great John Kennedy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join