It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The reason there wasn't another terrorist attack is because the evil **SNIP** in our government, and the ones behind our government, were able to pass the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, invade Iraq, invade Afghanistan, etc...

George Bush had nothing to do with preventing another terrorist attack. I can't believe people are actually wishing this scumbag well as he leaves office. He should be rotting in a prison for the crimes he's committed against our constitution, our people, and humanity.

Are you really that short-sighted? Are you going to watch a feel-good goodbye ceremony on T.V. and then think, "aww well he was a good guy, I'll let him slide."

**SNIP**

He was ONE of the worst presidents in U.S. History, and I cannot believe that on this website people would try to justify his presidency as anything but that.

He was a blithering fool.

Wake up and smell the coffee, BUSH WAS JUST LIKE EVERY DAMN PRESIDENT IN THE PAST 30 YEARS;

OWNED, OPERATED, AND FUNDED BY THE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS, BANKERS, AND BUSINESSMEN.

And to the person that suggested people being extremely angry with this administration has something to do with un-addressed personal issues;

Maybe it has something to do with lawless torture.

Maybe it has something to do with spying on Americans.

Maybe it has something to do with a war fought for oil.

Maybe it has something to do with beloved Mr. Bush ignoring warnings from the FBI and CIA about 9/11.

Maybe it has something to do with the trillions of dollars SQUANDERED by the Bush Administration.

Maybe it has something to do with PNAC.

Maybe it has something to do with bailing out failing corporations and bankers.

Maybe it has something to do with lying to the American people, the Congress, and the world on a daily basis.

Maybe it has something to do with war crimes.

Maybe it has something to do with the president calling our constitution, "A GOD DAMN PIECE OF PAPER."

Maybe it has something to do with people like YOU, who try to box in true dissenting patriots by saying they have 'un-addressed anger issues.'

HOW DARE YOU!

George W. Bush and Richard Cheney deserve to be jailed, not praised, scorned, not admired, shunned, not welcomed.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by JipStix]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

it is always sad when you see people that are lied to by their leaders and are just sooooo gullible that they buy it, and lets be honest, mr gwb was hardly a good salesman

like father like son,

george bush invaded iraq to uphold the petrodollar, he played his part in the murder of a man that his country had helped gain control in the first place, i would think that america has probably killed more iraqi people in the last two years than sadam in ten

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Yes, I completely understand what you are saying and, having said what I did about Mr. Bush and having known him, by no means am I saying he is without flaw, because, after all, like you and I, and everyone else here, we make wrong decisions. Yes, I know this will open a gate for comebacks and remarks regarding the degree of mistakes made.

Nonetheless, I am sure Mr. Obama will make his mistakes as time unfolds, but, one thing you won't see me doing, is hunting down every thread containing Mr. Obama's mistakes and bludgeoning his character.

How people respond to issues, and the statements made, certainly indeed reveals their heart and character. Having said that, regardless, if it is Bush or Obama or someone else, what we are seeing more and more in this country is pure hatred rising to alarming degrees.

One can disagree and voice their difference of opinion and do it without malice. I know that is difficult, but the best advice: When you read something that makes your blood boil, lean back in your chair, take a deep breath, get up, walk away and let time pass, BEFORE making any type of statement.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I recall a leader in Germany during the '30s & '40s that believed in an Aryan race and, despite what others thought of his actions, and despite the fact that many were against him, he maintained his commitment to bringing about an Aryan race.

Do you respect him as well?

The Bush family is complicit in many events such as the JFK assassination, the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, and Watergate. They actively support terroristic policies for the "war on drugs", regime change, assassinations, and civil unrest in countries we have no right to be involved in for the simple purpose of greed and power.

They maintain a policy of illegal taxation by the IRS and illegal printing of valueless money by the Federal Reserve. They are involved in the oil and security industries and use their influence in the American political system to gain favors for their criminal friends. They use taxpayer dollars to construct concentration camps on American soil and lease oil fields they stole to oil companies on foreign soil.

They cover up the truth of the events of September 11th. They have failed to capture the man they claim is responsible for those attacks, and engage in business matters with his family. They lie and fabricate intelligence reports to justify unconstitutional uses of military force.

They illegally spy on Americans. They illegally suppress the truth in mainstream media. They torture "terror suspects" who never are charged with acts of terrorism. They disregard habeas corpus which protects us all from this illegal detention and illegal interrogation, not just "the terrorists".

They have sent over 4,000 American soldiers to their graves for an illusionary cause against a non-existent enemy. They maintain a policy of supporting Israeli genocide in the Middle East. They are a direct contributor to the decline of the economic prosperity this country once had.

And this man - a member of this family - is a man you support? This man is a man you are proud to call "Mr. President"?

I'm not proud to say I live on the same planet as him, much less proud of what he has contributed to the ruin that the country I live in has become. So forgive me for not understanding the logic behind someone else being proud of what he has done.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The one thing that bugs me with many posters on ATS is that they think EVERY SINGLE PERSON not at the head of some third party or extreme minority is looking to harm us.

And on that day that ONE person causes intentional harm, they will say "I told ya so!", even if that means so many great leaders in a row.

Bush did a good job. It is time for a switch though. That is why we have the two term limit. He has given his touch on history, and even though a recession has happened under his belt, he still helped out many third world countries along with actually helping relations with many countries - even if our "image" is slightly altered.

Good job Bush. Like he said himself, he has made mistakes but with that in mind, I think we have made progress.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I actually think people just don't like Bush, Cheney, or any of the other scum involved in trampling on our constitution and starting needless wars.

It's rather hypocritical of you to generalize, as you are accusing 'many' of the posters here of generalizing themselves.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

What greater test of a mans character is there than to stand for what one believes in even when all others are against you?

Really? So you believe that Clansmen suffer great tests of character?

Wow.... you know just because someone stands up for what they believe in, doesn't indicate character.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnCap

We all know many of those policies. Some are not fact, and some have been supported by many past presidents and I am sure Obama will support things such as the illegal taxation, whether that being actual money taxed or money going through the loop hole.

I ask you this, and while this does not reflect all issues it is a major one.

How do you think Obama/Gore would have handled 9/11 and the fiasco that followed? Good or poor? I do not claim either but I wonder what you think.

On the dark side, Bush has done wrong. On the bright side, he has helped out. I think the difference between a lot of us is that those against Bush think he done many things to bluntly hurt Americans, while the rest of us think he followed his conscience. There is no re-do button as president, and initially strong decisions need to be made.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Some are not fact, and some have been supported by many past presidents

I never claimed that wasn't the case. In fact, you will notice that on many of those points I said "maintain(ed)", meaning the Bush family continued the illegal policies of past presidents.

and I am sure Obama will support things such as the illegal taxation, whether that being actual money taxed or money going through the loop hole.

I have no doubt he will, but this topic isn't about Obama. It's about Bush. I'm not sure if you are assuming I support Obama simply because I am bashing Bush, but if that is what you are assuming, you assume wrong.

How do you think Obama/Gore would have handled 9/11 and the fiasco that followed? Good or poor?

The same way Bush did because they are put in to power and controlled by the same people.

It is looking like you think I am a democrat. I'm not.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Although I am aware that I am in the minority here on ATS, I am proud to have called this great man Mr. President.

What greater test of a mans character is there than to stand for what one believes in even when all others are against you? I can only hope and pray that if there is ever a time in my life like that, I will have the moral convictions or President Bush.

Enthusiastic Crowds Welcome Bush Back to Texas

Waco, Texas (AP) - After an enthusiastic welcome from thousands of cheering Texans in two cities, George W. Bush spent his first night out of office at his Crawford ranch.

One little boy waved a sign that read, "President Bush, thank you for keeping me safe" in multicolored lettering. Others read: "Be Bold, Be Bush" and "43 is back."

"It's a special day but it's a sad day," Winn said. "He's done eight years of a job well done. He held our country together with the values we respect. He did the job we asked him to do. He kept our values safe."

"I never took an opinion poll to tell me what to think," Bush said.

CNS News

While I would never expect to agree with everything a sitting President does, I have tremendous admiration and respect for anyone that stands in the face of adversity and holds to their convictions.

Bravo Mr. President, I am proud to have called you that!!!!

Semper Fi

Semper

With those same ideas as your expressing you would also have liked many other leaders you may heard of. Stalin , hitler and osama. All these "great" men stood their ground and continued on no matter what the world thought of them...... who cares if it was the wrong side of the line they were on I guess.

Incase your may have noticed the good ol USA is in a very bad place these days and most of that is from changes over the last 8 years. Leadership at its finest I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I know that what I am going to say will sound terribly unfair. But I will say it anyway...

Didn't Hitler hold an unshakable conviction in his ideas too? Weren't his ideas against what many other people believed?

I'm ..... just sayi'n!!

-

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think Obama will really change anything...

If there are powers as great as supposedly exposed here on this forum then Obama can't be doing things that they don't want to happen!
But that doesn't come to peoples (sheeples) minds anymore...

They think Obama is independent from the elite.
They think that Obama will save and free them of the elite.
They think the elite would have let that happen.

Even the CTs on here... I can't believe it!
Hellooo!?! Ever heard of the NWO and related topics?
You think that Obama will do anything that's not signed by the elite?
You think they are "voted" out now by having Obama as president?
You think McCain and Pailin were as stupid as they appeared to be?
This was a bloody circus!!
And the sheeple were and are being played PERFECTLY!

[edit on 22/1/2009 by zolom]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You stand by your leader when you have enemies. 1 man can't do crap, but a whole nation can accomplish anything.

Bush here and his fellow Americans (Who let him win for 2 terms in a row) obviously supported his policies and the War on Iraq.

The simple facts are, he killed a million people, destroyed the U.S. economy, stole all opportunities to make his family's oil business profitable, and screwed us up with a $4 Trillion bailout and a "I don't give a damn".

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
can i also add that standing by what he believed in was wrong , he should of stood for what was right for the country and upheld the constitution, he showed contempt for democracy, which for me was best displayed by not waiting on the ruling of the u.n. before invading iraq, because he knew they would of said NO

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

"The reason there wasn't another terrorist attack is because the evil **SNIP** in our government, and the ones behind our government, were able to pass the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, invade Iraq, invade Afghanistan, etc..."

So, because of these (your words) evil mothers prevented further terrorist attacked here, that's what, a bad thing? So going by your thinking, you would've prefered if there were bombings here everyday, right?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I kind of thought this thread was going to be like this.

Everyone out there is saying, "Give Obama a chance!!" and I agree with them. I'll give the man a chance.

But how many gave Bush a chance? Think back to the election in 2000. How many posters on ATS, and just people in general, were screaming, "He's not my president!!" and then intentionally undermined anything he did or said?

Bush has been blamed for everything bad that's happened to the US for the past eight years, regardless. Do you think the economy went down the toilet in that short of time? Do you think it might have something to do with decision made before he took office? True, the hand writing was on the wall and something might have been done to stop this, or at least slow it down, but I don't think he was the sole cause.

Posters here compare him to Hitler and Stalin, obviously not having a clue about history and what they did to their own people while in power.

My favorite is the poster on this thread that said he caused global warming.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bush promised to be a uniter.

He turned out to be the biggest partisan divider --by a long shot-- in American history. He listened to Karl Rove, who thought partisan politics and demonizing anyone who opposed Bush's policies was the WAY TO MORE POWER. That was all he cared about. The Bush Administration politicized the war on terror, and in the process made America much weaker.

I will never forgive him for that. Ever. Worst president in US history.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think I'm going to puke. Hitler lives!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

He turned out to be the biggest partisan divider --by a long shot-- in American history.

I do believe Obama is going to give Bush a run for his money in this area and could very well capture the trophy by the time it is all said and done.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join