It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

sounds like you want saddam to kill all those people.
You my friend are a heartless SOB.
If you were the one who was getting those acid bath,
I imagine you would be happy to be freed by the US.
so now everyone the next time a leader like saddam
comes on the stage and starts to commit genocide
don't do anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I will be proud to see Bush & Cheney in JailText Only after a trial in a court of law and Bush and all of his co conspirators are found not guilty will I ever believe that Bush and his actions were not criminal in nature designed to thwart justice and debase the very constitution he swore an oath to uphold obey and defend.
The shoe throwing Iraqi said it all good riddance

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

First off chill out with the large text.
Second worry about Canada and we'll worry about america.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

if you make all those loving comments what do you expect?

Level headed thought and intellectual reason.

Sadly missing, but I can still expect it.

The simple fact is that I, and others like me, don't care about being "Cool" or about going along with the crowd. We can see the truth for what it is.

It is "Cool" and "Popular" to be a Bush Basher and Bush Hater. It is much more difficult to stand against the "Cool Crowd" and for the truth.

Again, I will choose the more difficult path as I always have. It is easier now as for the past 8 years I have had an example to follow.

No I did not like or agree with his Immigration issues, but I agree with and support the win in Iraq and our staying there, in the ongoing conflict, at the request of the Democratically Elected Government.

Those are just two issues, but they are very pointed in their illustration. For while not agreeing with his Immigration Policy, I admire that he stood for what he believed in, even while I disagreed.

Again, the application of intellectual reasoning and level headed thought processes.

The difficult road

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
and now, back to the topic at hand, no, not canada, that's right...

Proud To Call Him Mr. President.

discuss

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
He (Bush) appeared to me to be leading an unexamined "unevolved" life.
Almost boyish.
Haphazard. Not fully adult in mind and spirit. Easily swayed. Disconnected.
Perhaps by no fault of his own.
But apparently necessary for us to experience at this time on this planet.

Sometimes we are just not ready to be leaders. Too young.
I believe this was one of those times.
It happens to the best of us.
We can only be what we are - when we are it.
It was a disaster. But again - apparently necessary.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

nicely said
We know nothing about the guy,
But yet everyone seems to fall for the guy.
But we'll know soon enough if he knows what he's doing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How amusing.

It would appear that some people on this site are having a genuine difficulty in telling the difference between standing by one's beliefs, and going about an agenda, not giving a flying [snip] about what might happen.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

nicely said
We know nothing about the guy,
But yet everyone seems to fall for the guy.
But we'll know soon enough if he knows what he's doing.

I was referring to Mr. Bush - not Mr. Obama.
: ) But - you are correct. We don't know Mr. Obama either.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

oh lol
star anyways
Now its time to see if obama can keep the terrorist out
without bowing down to them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I wonder, is it because of subjective reasoning that you are proud of GWB or is it due to Party Loyalty? I pride myself on being independent. I agree with some Republican ideology, I agree with some ideology from Democrats.

The question is, are you better off now than you were 8 years ago? If you are then it's great. If your not why? Who led this country in the direction that made this life more difficult for you?

It is "Cool" and "Popular" to be a Bush Basher and Bush Hater. It is much more difficult to stand against the "Cool Crowd" and for the truth.

I simply must take exception to being called a Bush Basher, Bush Hater or going with the cool crowd. My personal views on the last administration comes from actually looking into policies that this man has implemented these last 8 years. I cannot agree with torturing POW's I cannot agree with going into a war with bad intelligence for reasons that are paper thin.

Yes it is true that now Iraq has a democratically elected government. This is true. However once our job there was finished. (finding WMDs that never existed & toppling Saddam Hussein from power) it was time for us to go home.

Is it our concern now how Iraq governs itself? Do you honestly believe that if we left sooner there would have been a civil war? Living here and discussing the issue with people that immigrated from Iraq I don't believe that there would have been a civil war. The insurgency we tried so hard to eliminate comes from people who don't like western ideology. Would these people have attacked their own government, the answer I believe is no.

The people of Iraq did not like Saddam Hussein, once he was gone they felt they were strong enough to govern themselves. However our commander in chief went against the will of the people of the newly freed Iraq and decided to stay. Imagine if our country was occupied by an invading force, imagine if your town had foreign soldiers in it, would you be happy to have them there? If they told you the only reason they were there was for your own good would you be happy about it?

Looking into policies of this man I came to the agreement that I did not like the way he governed our country these last 8 years. Yes it is true that the problems we faced weren't entirely his fault, it is true that he did keep Americans safe from terrorist attack. But the means to his ends I don't feel were justified. The reasoning behind his policies I don't feel were in the best interests of the American people. These ideologies I cannot be proud of. I cannot be proud of locking people away indefinitely with no trial and torturing them for information. I cannot agree with this policy. I cannot agree to internment camps. It just is not right.

Blind faith in our leadership is a bad thing Semper. One has to ask is it party loyalty or is it agreeing with the ideals of someone based on independent thought and agreeing with the direction a leader is taking our republic in.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess I have a problem of understanding how people think bush was the worst president in history. 1 being because he is warmonger and murderer, lets examine that claim. 1st he asked for congressional approval so you might as well blame the whole system. Secondly Iraq is a far more justified war than Vietnam ever was, but yet we don't view JFK or LBJ as the worst presidents in history. Instead that currently goes to Nixon who ironically ENDED the Vietnam war! 53,000 Americans had died in that war not including the Vietnamese, and yet Iraq is the same thing when only 4000 have died? We toppled a true war criminal in Iraq, and yet in Vietnam we didn't accomplish anything. I'm sorry I just don't get it, Bush wasn't the greatest president but he doesn't deserve all the criticism he gets.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
second time I'm posting this.

also the last.

if the two of you want to discuss canadian politics, do so in another thread.

stick to the topic.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Well it is nice to see loyaty to our President, I just hope those of you that can see the good that Bush did, or stood for, will also be enlightened enough to give Obama the same respect and opportunity to win you over.

Absolutely.

There are those people who are filled with rage...and will direct it at any person with authority...no matter if its Bush or Obama.

This has little to do with those Presidents being responsible for their plight, but with unaddressed personal issues.

Continually directing rage at the President - no matter if Obama or Bush - does absolutely nothing to support the country or society.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

gave it back? not yet my friend. And has not given back the 500,000+ people that have died... including over 100,000 kids! just as bad as Hitler I might add...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
just as bad as Hitler I might add...

It's statements like that that make me wonder about the state of humanity.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is?

Of course you don't…I don't know why I even bother…

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join