It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yup some people need to lay off the hateraid.
Just for a while, let their small mind take a rest,

Remember what goes around comes around, I am no fan of Obama, but I will strive to only post what I believe to be factual, and try not to be cruel.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

My disdain for President Bush comes from policy his administration enacted. President Bush the person from what I understand is actually a nice guy, someone personable and people that know him come away liking the man. For someone that has had so many things said negatively about him and his policies, it's interesting that those that work for him feel that he is a good person. That makes me proud to call him Mr. President.

You are absolutely correct in the fact that the legislative branch also holds much of the blame for the problems I have listed above. Absolutely. As far as the bailout is concerned I am deeply troubled that our legislative branch went against the will of a majority of Americans and voted to rob our treasury and hand out the money to people that obviously cannot handle it to begin with.

The reason that Bush gets most of the blame for the ails in our government is because as the commander in chief it is his leadership that is supposed to drive this country in a direction.

I do agree that to go forward in a direction even though people all around you say to go another way takes courage. It does take courage of conviction to stay a path that is unpopular if you believe that it is the right course to take.

What I do for a living is not exactly popular either, but it is necessary.

But there are those of us out here that do respect and admire what you do for a living and are eternally grateful for the job you do.

I believe that Bush wanted to do right by the American people, he wanted to keep America safe. One thing he has done is worked tirelessly to that end. That makes me proud to call him Mr. President. The way he did this however does not make me proud.

Condoning torture does not make me proud to call him Mr. President. This instance the legislative branch had no control over the Executive Order 13440 condoning water boarding as a legal interrogation tactic.

You are correct that not all of the blame for many of the problems rests solely on the hands of our 43rd president. But some things do.

President Bush did even through folly and failure, kept this country safe. Do the means in which he did this justify the end? Is the limitations to our freedoms justifiable by the fact that in the last 8 years a repeated attack like that on September 11 2001 hasn't happened?

Perhaps. Perhaps, illegal wire tapping is justified, perhaps broadening the powers of law enforcement is justified in the patriot act. Perhaps the ultimate goal of keeping American citizens safe justifies sacrificing some of our primary ideals of freedom.

The past 8 years, President Bush's primary goal was successful. That goal was to prevent another terrorist attack like that on 9/11, this makes me proud to call him Mr. President.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Bush bashing is just as serious a disease as Obama mania is. Neither of them are generally presented with much rational thought.

Obama bashing and Bush Mania are clearly not included in your "disease list". Those are apparently the efforts of a perfectly healthy person...

How can you type the words above and then type the hateful, horrible posts in this thread without seeing your own "disease"? Amazing, really!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As has been told by many before History will truly be the judge of President Bush. I voted for the man both times and I am proud to say I have. In my opinion there hasn't been a democrat president that made any significant difference in the country since Kennedy and he was killed for it. Out of all the times they yell and complain about republicans doing the dirtywork, they have no gumption to do it themselves. They continue to try and take our guns and free speech and lame everyone else.

Everyone praises Clinton for the "great things" he did especially the budget surplus. What many people don't realize is how he got the Budget surplus by cutting our military forces, closing bases, cutting funding, by 35% during his tenure in office. Which also created a jump in unemployement when those soldiers no longer had jobs. Just think of where our military strength would be today if we didn't have those cuts. Everyone has worried about the draft being re-instated when that wouldn't even be talked about by anyone without those cuts. But clinton did do some good things with welfare reform as an example.

Every President does what they believe to be best based on the information they have at hand. If hindsight was on the desk before making a decision we could be even more critical in our judgement of them. If you were told someone is pointing a gun at your family about to kill them would you wait for more information before you stopped them? Now imagine that on a scale as large as our nation.

Now our new President has talked a good talk so far but will he falter to the pressure or continue to stand tall. We'll find out in the next four years.

A very opinionated person....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow...I wonder what the average age of ATS posters in this thread is? 19? And how much money is the Pentagon spending on internet propaganda? I can imagine the Pentagon board meetings right now: "Gentlemen, we have to rewrite history. But there are popular websites in existence documenting things that are detrimental to our agenda. We have to get out there on the internet--specifically into the forums--and spread our OWN brand of American patriotism and nationalism. Disinformation and emotional jargon irrelevant to the facts are our greatest weapons. Use them properly and we just might convince the younger generations that Bush was a good president who was good for America with moral fortitude. We need those youngsters for our next empire building war." Anyone who salutes Bush or is being paid to salute Bush should be ashamed of themselves. Period.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Nope, I do not have a video of thet.

From what I've read, though, it has been verified by at least three people who were there. I have never read any statement saying he did not say it. Remember "reading"? That's how people used to get their news before they forgot how. Just because it's not on video doesn't mean it didn't happen.

That's enough for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not saying anything hateful about Obama personally. I'm not talking about wanting him dead or in prison.

I'm merely mocking the excitement surrounding the man.

It's sarcasm BH. I wouldn't expect you to understand that though.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This instance the legislative branch had no control over the Executive Order 13440 condoning water boarding as a legal interrogation tactic.

I see what you mean by this, but would like to add this.

The legislative branch did have control under checks and balances. If Congress felt the executive branch was over reaching on its powers they could have enacted a law to stop or counter this executive order. They probably could have brought it up to the courts for the courts to decide the legality of the executive order. Furthermore, if they honestly felt that a crime was committed, then they should have impeached the President for abusing his powers. Congress did have control and an opportunity to have a say in the matter, but for some reason chose not to.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Very true. For 8 years this Congress did nothing to stop these "crimes" that Bush was committing. Yet for some reason when the election season started, they all started promising to do so.

I wonder if that was just a coincidence?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Well, being that I am from his home town and encountered him many times downtown, long before he became a governor or a president, I can, with personal insight, honestly tell you that he is one of the most genuine, nicest men you will ever meet as is Laura Bush.

People will continue to believe as they wish and many have bought into some of the harshest untruths which have ever been spoken against any president. I just hope one day, the truth concerning this man comes out and people will look back and realize just how naive they were to believe the gossip and outright lies they did.

I believe that, my biggest problem with bush is his weakness as a man. None of these things had to happen. He could have stopped it all. He didn't. He was led around by the nose by some very nasty people, and there are a lot of dead soldiers and civilians because of it. All he had to do was think for himself. I hope he reflects on that, with whatever free time he has left, because HIS ass is going to jail, sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I can't argue if that is enough for you. I respect that. I personally feel that three unnamed aides is not enough evidence to hold this against him.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Bush bashing is just as serious a disease as Obama mania is. Neither of them are generally presented with much rational thought.

I donno about that. Bush bashing is based upon a record that is readily apparent. Obama mania is pretty much based on hope for the future...also a byproduct of the Bush years.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank you, President Bush - UPDATED
theanchoressonline.com...

An exhaustive and definitive look at Bush’s humanitarianism.

George W. Bush has been singled out as the American president who has done the most for Africa. So where’s the recognition, both in the media and the black community, of this worthy achievement?

Bill Clinton might have been America’s first black president, but it seems he didn’t do as much for Africa as Bush has. Bob Geldof, Irish rocker and Africa activist, says the Texas oilman, who is wrapping up his second trip to the continent, “has done more than any other president so far.”

That’s high praise from Geldof, a man who has spent much of the last 20 years fixated on Africa’s many problems. He sees Bush’s efforts to fight disease and poverty in Africa as “the triumph of American policy.” Though he says it was “unexpected of the man,” Geldof admits both the president and the nation “rose to the occasion.”

Geldof rightly chastises the American media for ignoring Bush’s contributions to Africa.

Edited to add,
theanchoressonline.com...

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I must say, it seems to me that the Obama's win was a win built by hate, the MSM encouraged.

In order to regain power over the masses.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Re: my deleted post.

Apparently it is permissible on this site to imply a similarity between an American President and fascist dictators but not permissible to point out the folly of such comparisons. Mmm...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
bush sucked the biggun, why are the bush lovers even on this site? have you all been snoozing for the last 2 terms of this evil pillock, he laughed at not finding wmds whilst good men were dying in battle for wars that should never have happened, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, ............he is such a *snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

And there you have it folks..

Exactly what I have been talking about.

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok what has he done to be great?
You people are so naive.
When the man speaks you people just jump for joy.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
People already re-writing history.
I'll leave it at that, and leave you all to your illusions.
Some people just can't take the truth.

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

if you make all those loving comments what do you expect, you are suffering from displacement, you were not kept safe, i have always said that had mr bush not been such an evil little trouble making killer he would have been quite likeable for his stupidity, a bit like laurel and hardy, there has been to much water under the bridge to miss him, hitler used to do funny little dances, i spose we should miss him eh?, history will prove one thing, there is no place in this world for people like gwb, and goodriddance, just gotta hope mr obama isn't such a war mongering man

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join