It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO caught on tape at presidential inauguration

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I spotted this object while watching this with my mother. I thought it was a plane, my mother said she couldn't see what I was talking about. I finally had to get out of my recliner and go and point it out to her on the screen.
While watching it live, whatever it was flying by did not go that fast. It was like a plane in the distance, going by slowly.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing thats a bird, simply because of how fast the bird is going and it seemed to be a big object.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There are a few video's of it on Disclosure Tv, a few have it slowed down allot. At first I thought, NO way, its going far to fast to be any bird! But...now that I see it slowed down allot, you still cant see anything but it does make blurry movements that could be a bird's wings. It still looks like it moves far too fast, but this throws a huge ? on it for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
maybe a stealth fighter or some missile being launched at some birds[[crows]?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I saw this when it was first thrown on YouTube. The very first thing that was noticeable was the bird was flapping its wings.. You don't need high def for that..

It is just a bird. Don't make something out of nothing....It doesn't help the cause.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Okay, I had school on the day of the inauguration, so I set my HD DirecTV to record the event. Well, I still have it, and I found the so called ufo. Its definetly a bird. So, I figured why not try and record a shot of it so I can show everyone. Here is my attempt. You can clearly see it flapping its wings as it enters the screen.

So yeah, not a ufo, its a bird.

BRIDGEKEEPER:
Hee hee heh. Stop! What... is your name?
ARTHUR:
It is 'Arthur', King of the Britons.
BRIDGEKEEPER:
What... is your quest?
ARTHUR:
To seek the Holy Grail.
BRIDGEKEEPER:
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
ARTHUR:
What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
BRIDGEKEEPER:
Huh? I-- I don't know that. Auuuuuuuugh!
BEDEVERE:
How do know so much about swallows?
ARTHUR:
Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
IT'S NO BIRD; there's no bird that size, especially one without wings. It's a big object for sure, as I paused and watched it enough times - it's saucer shaped and the speed and vector clearly show that it was booking at a supersonic speed. Unless the object is CGI, it was most likely an electromagnetic spacecraft, technology that has been around since German/Jewish/Russion scientists stumbled upon it back in the early 1900's in Germany, many who then Operation Paperclipped their way into US citizenship throughout 1945/46, then came the Roswell crash in 1947. Come on, man, put it together and figure it out. It's suppressed man-made technology. There are humans flying those craft. -USAF veteran.

Q: Does not world history show us that countless groups and governments suppress information to keep plebs in the dark?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
PPP-Pentertating photographic process could enlarge the image in the video and filter out the blurr. I have seen where PPP takes a single frame of film from video and breaks it into a hundred frames slowing down the object then it enlarges it. The scientist says it works like a satilite doing a close up of an object on the ground like reading a licence plate on a car. I bet PPP could tell us what it is.....

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I cannot believe this thread is onto the 12th page. Completely ridiculous! I can only deduce after reading many of these posts that there are some that still believe we are more likely to see an alien craft in the sky than a bird.

Thank god there are just as many smart people on this forum.

IRM

[edit on 24/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Objectivethinking

Did anyone watch the Inaugural luncheon on ABC? There is a painting they were discussing and when the camera zoomed in on it, it showed 2 UFOs in the picture...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Its so clearly a bird, perhaps as has already been mentioned, a swallow. Its obvious. It passes directly infront of the monolith and judging by scale, theres no way thats an aircraft, either terrestrial or otherwise... Sharp eyes there though !

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is only a "UFO" until you identify it as something else.

My guess is that it was an F-22 flying at a high subsonic speed from Langley AFB, based upon:
1. No sonic boom
2. Low visibility shape.
3. Less noise than other fighters.
4. The Air Force could get authorization to fly in that area.
5. Opportunity to test sensors with free imagery from other sources (news media) to verify that the aircraft sensors picked up or missed random objects.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It's a shame they all used the same crappy still that was used initially on this thread.
Shame they don't actually care about the truth and just use whatever sells at the time.... right now.. it's UFO's.

If only they woulda checked ATS before printing their BS..

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
What I can't believe is that this bird has now made the news.

Actually this is the rule: most of them,media, including many internet sites (that "reveal the truth") just hunt subjects and feed the crowd appetite for senzational stories. we get what we want.

Originally posted by blupblup
It's a shame they all used the same crappy still that was used initially on this thread.
Shame they don't actually care about the truth and just use whatever sells at the time.... right now.. it's UFO's.

Yes, it's a shame, all they see is not UFO's but oportunities to keep their jobs and audience. Talking about deceiving...

[edit on 24/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes, sadly, newspapers are using UFOs as some device to sell more copies, and they all are probably laughin at those who study the subject matter with a serious approach, or at those who just would like to know more: some newspapers like The Sun are casting a VERY bad light on the phenomenon:
on 2008 the Sun ONLY published chinese lanterns and birds photographs, the ony UFO you could spot in their articles was in the title.
Some newspapers are still serious though, let's dont forget it.
This specific case: it IS a bird in my humble opinion, but it's not so blatant simply because it's out of focus: out of focus + motion blur = deformed shape. Many see a cigar, many see a plane, many see an helicopter, many don't see a wing flap, many dont see it passing between the monument and the camera. It's all ok, because what we have after all is a bunch of pixels, so one is entitled to say that he/she doesn't see it clearly: but if we extract what is really useful, then we get a very clear scenario:

1) Wings flapping:

these frames were extracted from the better version of the video i've been able to find: the frames after them are just some amorphic bunch of pixels and the ones before show nothing: i don't need glasses, at least my oculist told me that not much time ago, and i see clearly wings flapping: just can't outline anything because the camera was focusing on the monument, on the crowd, on the subject of the report, which was not the birds of the area.

2) "It passes behind the monument": NOPE, it passes closer:

unless the monument is made of glass, but i don't think so.

3) "It could be an helicopter, a plane":
since it could be (BUT only IF planes and helicopters have flapping wings), let's make some calculations:

Facts About the Washington Monument

Height: 555 feet, 5.125 inches (169.29 m)
Width at Base: 55 feet, 1½ inches (16.80 m)
Width at Top of Shaft: 34 feet, 5 inches (10.5 m)

Thickness of Walls: 15 feet (4.6 m) at base and 18 inches (460 mm)at observation level
Number of Blocks: 36,491

let's assume that the height at which the "ufo" and the monument crossed was the half (but is NOT, is more towards to top of it): let's say 45 feet, ok? What we see is approximately one third of the width of the monument, let's esyimate 15 feet then. But the monument is on focus, the object is NOT. The object is out of focus because it's way closer to the camera than the monument. Besides the object's appearance is affected by its motion blur, the monument is NOT. An object, which apparent size is 15 feet, but which appearance is elongated by the lack of focus and motion blur can be really some helicopter plane etc, (don't forget its wings flipping)?
Finally, the speed: in order to calculate the speed of an object moving in a 3d environment basing the calculations on what we see on a 2d plan is just a waste of time. All you can do is to guess, don't fake calculations because what you would need is a trianglulation and what you would need in order to make a triangulation are TWO videos taken from TWO different angles: you have neither the first nor the second one, and even if you would, then the calculations would be VERY approximate so don't talk about speed: talk about apparent speed: it's WAY better. Speed is something known, apparent speed is something claimed by you.
Just my two €. cents

[edit on 24/1/2009 by internos]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
looks like a disc shape

imo it is not a bird, a bird cannot reach that speed. That was like a missile.

To me, it is more proof that there are things we just can't explain yet.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join