It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO caught on tape at presidential inauguration

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by cluckerspud

have the video?

i have been waiting for a high def vid to look at, i want to see the difference between the two, i know you-tube's compression is horrible, but the way it streaks through the air at the speed this (bird) was going was an incredible glitch that i want to understand.

im really interested on its speed. its speed was intense, but then again it could of been closer to the camera and could of been 40 mph.

any idea where i could grab a better version of the vid??

My suggestion is to write CNN.. other than that, I don't know.
I don't have it, but if I did and I uploaded it, I'm sure we'd be
back to square 1 (crappy compressed video).

I wish I was as clairvoyant as InfaRedMan when he said
to his girlfriend, "You watch, in a few hours someone will be claiming to have seen a UFO over the inauguration"!

It was a bird, nothing more.

Alright mr chicken, since you are familiar with your species habits, ill take your word for it. but im still interested on fast that thing was going.

i think me and you are the only ones from jersey on ATS today.

KFC ANYONE!?

Nope... Jersey girl here! What area are you from?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
I believe an appology is in order

Wait.. who!? me?!
Why?! IT'S A BIRD..

I know what my own 2 eyes saw on a 60 inch tv,
after rewinding, pausing and slow motioning it.

Not a compressed crappy digital file.

Let it go.. move on. It's A Bird.... ok, maybe a duck.
But still it is native to this earth and craps on your
head from time to time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beege24

Nope... Jersey girl here! What area are you from?

Oooo! a jersey girl.... or perhaps....

A Jersey Devil

OMG!!!

Though the question wasn't directed at me, IRM is from Oz! Oi!

IRM

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
is it a bird?

is it a plane?

NO!!!!!

IT'S SUPERGROVER!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Naa... the Jersey Devil is in Leeds point. He terrorizes the Pinelands.
Now THATS a topic no one really mentions anymore. LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

I think the anniversary for the original sightings/attacks by the Jersey Devil was a few days ago. You should start a thread Beege24!

IRM

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by anathema777
I believe an appology is in order

Wait.. who!? me?!
Why?! IT'S A BIRD..

I know what my own 2 eyes saw on a 60 inch tv,
after rewinding, pausing and slow motioning it.

Not a compressed crappy digital file.

Let it go.. move on. It's A Bird.... ok, maybe a duck.
But still it is native to this earth and craps on your
head from time to time.

You don't have to jump down my throat bro. I used 3D Google Earth with Building 3D turned on. I then Paused the OP's video where it shows the Washington Monument and on Google Earth found the land marks in the video to determine at least what side of the monument they were filming on, and which way the camera was pointing. I then lowered the google earth image down close to ground level to try and mimic the camera angle and footage, and yes I could get a rough idea of where the camera was and how far away it was (within approx. 50 feet) by using landmarks for direction of footage and triangulation and the fact that they were interviewing wolf blitzer in that footage tells me the camera was probably about 5 to 10 feet in front of him (Assuming that the person conducting the interview for CNN wasn't a mile away filming Wolf's coverage of the events).

I then tracked the bird/ufo's entry into the footage, direction of flight and where it exited the cameras view. Then it was simple. I used the Google Earth ruler and made a mark at the objects approx. entry location and made a line to the approx. spot it left our field of view and it was .47 miles

Bottom line is I took my time, used landmarks and common sense and got a rough estimate of how far we saw the object fly, either way I know one thing for sure and that is I did a good enough job to say 90% sure that whatever it was it did travel between 1200 - 2500 feet in that video footage and it did it in about 1 second.

I dont know what it is but think before you jump on me like Im just doing I wanna believe guess work because fact is I was just trying to supply everyone with a rough estimate of the distance the object traveled. I have no reservation as to what it might be, probably is a bird. I believe an appology is in order because I did actually do pretty good job with the tools and evidence available and I believe I used the proper steps to get some scientific data to be applied to this video and be used to help determine what the object is. I didn't just sloppily guess this or that and make a stupid post.

Just trying to help so please show a little respect. Thank You.

~Anathema

I never said it wasn't a damn bird. I just stated the hypothetical facts, read my post before going off at the tounge. Im here to contribute, not to be told in no certain terms Im wrong, and cant possibly have provided info that is anywhere near correct. I was just trying to help. I let it go... fine its a bird dude, just providing info on the distance I thought it traveled IMHO. Thats all. So get over it, its called contribution, you know that thing that comes along and lends info into your head from time to time.

~Anathema

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Objectivethinking
I see what you mean.but what still is strange to me is the the bird covered more than 800 feet in about 1.5 seconds.this is evident from the vantage point of the cameraman and the relative size of the people walking below. however I have never been to washington so i would be familiar with the size of this particular area.

Did you know that a Peregrine Falcon can swoop in at over 200 MPH? There is no doubt that a bird can in fact travel as fast as what is witnessed in this particular Video clip. Your Average bird can even hit Speeds between 40-60 MPH, while flying Horizontally.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by plainmike
Hey everyone. I've not viewed the footage, but I've got a question after reading some of the initial replies to this post...who's to say that THEY can't utilize a bird or even a bug-like decoy in their surveilance activities?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by plainmike]

Good question.

Who's to say all bugs and birds aren't being utilitzed by THEM for surveillance activities?

We can only speculate what type of alien decoy device was being used and for what purpose.

All we know at this point is that it wasn't a bird decoy.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Objectivethinking

Welcome, its my first post too!
I think it looks like its moving way too fast to have been a bird! Ive never seen a bird fly THAT fast. Anyway, you are not the only one to have questions about it. Take a look...

Whitley Strieber is reporting it too, though my link to the news report wouldnt work....Here it is though.

***UFO Caught on Tape During Inauguration? The website News1800 is reporting that CNN broadcasted footage of a UFO flyover the Washington Monument on Inauguration Day. News1800 preserved the video on their website as they say CNN has mysteriously removed the video from their archives.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Wow, Good find!

It is hard to see what it is but its clearly not a bird.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lorettab

Welcome, its my first post too!

I think it looks like its moving way too fast to have been a bird! Ive never seen a bird fly THAT fast. Anyway, you are not the only one to have questions about it. Take a look...

Whitley Strieber is reporting it too, though my link to the news report wouldnt work....Here it is though.

***UFO Caught on Tape During Inauguration? The website News1800 is reporting that CNN broadcasted footage of a UFO flyover the Washington Monument on Inauguration Day. News1800 preserved the video on their website as they say CNN has mysteriously removed the video from their archives.

Welcome to ATS...
So how fast have you seen a bird fly?
This may help put into perspective just how fast birds can fly.
I'm curious to see what the alleged video is that was yanked off CNN,
seeing that the one in question in this thread is still up.
Again, welcome to ATS. Oh also...it's a bird.

Sorry to anathema777 for being jumpy.

reply to post by Sfen Senterra

My favorite quote: It's hard to see what it is, but its clearly not a bird.

If it's hard to see, then how is it clearly not a bird?

Guess what.........give up?!
IT'S A BIRD.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Looks like a bird to me, to be honest but nice find anyway!

If you zoom in at the video just before it disappears from the screen you can see it flapping it wings several times.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Oh, sorry I had to formulate that sentence better.

Here I go;

It is hard to see what it is that has got the attention of many people visiting this thread. But I can say with confidence that the only thing about that object that could resemble a bird is that it is up in the air.

Until proven otherwise I stand firmly by my opinion that that is not a bird.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra

Oh, sorry I had to formulate that sentence better.

Here I go;

It is hard to see what it is that has got the attention of many people visiting this thread. But I can say with confidence that the only thing about that object that could resemble a bird is that it is up in the air.

Until proven otherwise I stand firmly by my opinion that that is not a bird.

Just as I stand by my claim it is a bird. My judgment being made after viewing live on a 60inch flat screen HDTV..rewind, pause, slow-mo.
It's a bird. Wings flapping. Swooping in.
Your basing your opinion on a screen that's about 6x4 inches and compressed and pixelated.
Of course it doesn't look like a bird. It looks like blurred black pixels..

And I can say with confidence that you're wrong. 100% incorrect.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm pretty sure that UFO stands for Unidentified Foreign Object...which means that although you may have "seen many UFOs before firsthand", they were all UNIDENTIFIED objects...and could have been a bird for all you know!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I sorry for those who think that was a bird. There is no way that was a bird. Nice try though. That thing was way to big and fast to be a bird. Just cracks me up that people just say " Its a bird"

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's a bird, wings, beak, tweet tweet = BIRD. As Cluckerspud says, you can see it's wings flapping as it comes into the shot, even on a relatively poor resolution monitor, it is a bird.

Yes it's moving fast but that doesn't stop it being a bird. I cant stress enough, it's a BIRD.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverPig
I sorry for those who think that was a bird. There is no way that was a bird. Nice try though. That thing was way to big and fast to be a bird. Just cracks me up that people just say " Its a bird"

Please can you explain what it was then as it looked like a bird to me when it was doing it's flappy wings thing.......????

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

I don't see any flappy wings thing. That thing was moving to fast the see if it even had wings.

Here is a slowed down version of the video

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join