It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says Recession Requires Scaling Back Promises

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stranded

You see, that's exactly why I never showed up to the poll booths. I refuse to support a government that I cannot trust. Many of us, for some odd, unknown reasoning, believed that Obama's mannerisms and promises exemplified those of typical politicians. Even I bought into the hype. Yet, something deep down within myself told me not to vote for the man. If he failed, I just couldn't hold the burden of his failures on my chest or in my conscience.

I will give him this much. He did say that it may take two terms for him to deliver on some of his promises. When he said that, I wasn't too enthused, but I felt like he expressed honesty and realistic thinking when he stated those words. (or perhaps he was just saying that by default to secure his second election???) It's politics so you must read between the lines and interpret what politicians are really saying.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Now there's an utter and complete shock.

Who'd have thunk it that a politician would 'renege' on campaign promises. The only thing Obama's got in his favour is that he's got one heck of an excuse for the government of the day to continue bolstering the corporate and financial elite of the country (and abroad as we've come to see in the past four months).

While the folks that brought us into this mess get their cushy bailouts and golden parachutes, we are told that it is time to sacrifice and . . . oops . . . you'll have to wait for things as silly as health care, jobs, food, homes and the like while they make sure those who can already afford those supposed 'extras' that we can do without can continue their lifestyles.

Meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss.

I'm going to say THIS GUY *points up* said all there is to say...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
exactly..

But thanks to the fairness doctrine.. people like BH will shut us up. Obviously because he knows everything .. i mean look at his ATS points!!! He must know

BH.. give it a rest ..honestly.

The show is over.. we all know who Obama is .. and the general thought is he is a bad guy. Game over

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx

Who'd have thunk it that a politician would 'renege' on campaign promises. The only thing Obama's got in his favour is that he's got one heck of an excuse for the government of the day to continue bolstering the corporate and financial elite of the country (and abroad as we've come to see in the past four months).

While the folks that brought us into this mess get their cushy bailouts and golden parachutes, we are told that it is time to sacrifice and . . . oops . . . you'll have to wait for things as silly as health care, jobs, food, homes and the like while they make sure those who can already afford those supposed 'extras' that we can do without can continue their lifestyles.

I'm going to say THIS GUY *points up* said all there is to say...

Actually, the people who got us in this mess are the ones he is appointing to his cabinet. What happened to a new Washington? All we got is 4 more years of Clinton which is where this Credit #storm started.

He needs to stand tall and say we can do it. He needs to state We can change. All I have heard from him since his election is the same old song and dance. We needed someone to clean house and it seems all he is going to do is be the dorm room adjutant for the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

you mention clinton....like he's the one that started running the debt up to the astronomical level of failure its at now....noooo. THAT was Bush. Clinton had us to the point where we actually had a surplus....Barack is just another sleezebag politician who had a couple aces up his sleeve.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sigh

Potentially 8 more years of this nonsense. Personally, I want to see what he does when hes actually IN OFFICE. How about we judge him on his performance when hes actually at the helm shall we? I know you people are chomping at the bit to say told you so, so I'm really just speaking to the 3-4 level-headed people still on this site.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Maybe in 4 years we will finally be smart enough to not believe a world that politicians say. Do yourselves a favor and go listen to every speech that a winning president gave to get elected and then see how much they actually did.

United States Government is not being ran by the people, or any presidential administration for that matter. It hasn't for a long time.

But it is nice that we all just sit at our computers and complain about it. That really takes the sting away...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
BH.. give it a rest ..honestly.

Uh, no.
But I do kind of like that you want to shut me up.

Obviously because he knows everything .. i mean look at his ATS points!!! He must know

This is at least the second time you've gone after me and my points. Firstly, I am female. Got that? That's right. I'm a GIRL. Secondly, do you covet my points or something? It's a little creepy to have you looking at them like that.

Originally posted by Question Fate
How about we judge him on his performance when hes actually at the helm shall we?

Ah, that's so nice to see.
It's such a novel idea around here.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nice!
I would like to thank all you "donkeys" who cant figure out that Republicans and Democrats ARE THE SAME!!! They work for the same government....hello.... they aren't going to change anything....bait and switch...smoke screen and pass laws.....
...idiots

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Heretic, you bring up a good point in that he simply said he would not accomplish his objectives at the pace he wanted. I suppose that does not count as a broken promise. But, hasn't Obama already renegged on his Iraq promise?

I think Obama's infamous "big test" will be to see if he will send troops to Iran. That will be an interesting test to see if he is actually worse than Bush, who would not go into Iran.

If I remember correctly, when Ron Paul started getting his spotlight, other politicians started copying his speaking about bringing back the constitution, and he even got other politicians mentioning the word "constitution" for posibly the first time in their political careers. Obama is probably one of those who had never in his life used the word "constitution" in a political speech in his life, I would imagine, as he regularly spits on it and tramples all over it despite the fact he once taught a class on it. So after Ron Paul got his fame here is what Obama did: not only started mentioning the constitution but was forced to lie and come up with a troop withdrawal date and said we would be out of Iraq within a year!

What happened after Ron Paul had been "contained" by the MSM when they did things such focusing on his support with strippers and conspiracy theorists? Well, Obama simply stopped any mention of the constitution for one. And next we'll find out he 100% intends to be in Iraq FOREVER as long as he can help it. Just like the other 140 countries we have troops in he wants there forever.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is the first good news I've heard this year.

If he can go back on his word and promises he made during his campaign, he may become a good president.

However, that's highly doubtful!

It should be against the law at how hard I'm laughing at everyone that vote for this "Havard graduate."

[edit on 12/1/09 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hitler lost WWII because he did not want to scale back on domestic production of luxury goods.

In a time like this, Americans have to to sacrifice the unnecessary materialistic ideals.

What Obama needs to do is stop the trillion dollar stimulus plan.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I love how Obama is doing everything that we voted him in for, and people keep saying, "OMG I bet the liberals are pissed that the Messiah (which we've never called him) isn't doing what he said".

You guys are so blind. You listen to Rush Limbaugh and think that what he is saying is actually the liberal agenda. It's an epic fail in my book. Complete and total epic fail.

I know you guys like to think you are the "conservative ones", but we are the ones who want to cut back on deficit spending. We want the economy to be fixed. We want Obama to overturn as many of the Bush administration's illegal bills as possible (no matter how long it takes).

reply to post by Intelearthling

You're laughing at my vote is equally matched by my laughing at your obedience to talk radio.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wait a dagnam second, what happened to change we can believe in? Do you mean to tell me there won't be any change after all? Surely this must be Bushes fault!

Some how the brain dead zombies that spewed o-boy talking points for the past year are going to fabricate a way to pin the blame for Barack the magic negro's epic failure on Bush.

But, but, but...it's all Bushes fault...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
But, hasn't Obama already renegged on his Iraq promise?

Did he? I know he said he wanted to end the war in Iraq and pull the combat troops out within 16 months. And he's ALWAYS said that this withdrawal is based on the safety to do so and what the commanders on the ground said... Did he change that? Got a link?

I think Obama's infamous "big test" will be to see if he will send troops to Iran. That will be an interesting test to see if he is actually worse than Bush, who would not go into Iran.

God! I hope he doesn't do that!

not only started mentioning the constitution but was forced to lie and come up with a troop withdrawal date and said we would be out of Iraq within a year!

Do you have a link? Because I never heard him say that we would be out of Iraq within a year.

Well, Obama simply stopped any mention of the constitution for one.

Really? Starting with his 2004 Keynote Speech he's been mentioning the Constitution.

Sept. 2005
June 2006
December 2007
Sept 2008

I can get more links if you need 'em where he talks about the Constitution. There are plenty. Just let me know.

And next we'll find out he 100% intends to be in Iraq FOREVER as long as he can help it.

Gosh, I hate to keep asking, but do you have a link for this because I really don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
just my two cents after reading the thread

last poster brought in adolf hitler and ... strange but ... i see ever more parallels between the two men (and between germany 1933 and the u.s. now)
i did not read jim marrs book about that (yet) but i think i know what his point is

- hitler was a charismatic speaker ... so is obama; also i read an interesting and eye-opening thread about obama´s use of hypnotic language here on ats. there is a link to a pdf on this topic. explained some things to me and also mentions hitler as using a high amount of hypnotic/trance-inducing language

- hitler unified the germans with his aryan ideas ... so is obama when he speaks about "one america", bipartisanship and the american dream

- hitler demanded the germans to set the "volksgemeinschaft" above the individuum ... obama now asks for sacrifices and wants an obscure civil force to be build up

- hitler declared state of emergency as soon as he could and with the help of a false flag op ... so will obama? ... just speculation but as we know the laws are there thx to W.

- the nazis, even before getting to power - terrorised normal people with their SA gangs (drunk idiots that beat people up) ... in the u.s. i think they are called DEA ;-) just kidding

- both faced (deep) recession when inaugurated

you will find more similarities when you dive deeper into this.

additionally:

obama, in my opinion, is a 'rockefeller puppet' as he is surrouned by biden and brzezinski - both cfr members. especially the latter seems suspicious to me as he is an expert for 'totalitarism' (did you notice that the designated treasury secretary is an 'expert' for the great depression). this is all like a bad movie manifesting in our reality.

on cnn they sometimes state that illinois is the most corrupt state in the u.s.? i dont know if this is right. it´s just ... if someone comes out of a corrupt system, how is the chance that he is not corrupt? adding up to that is the blagojevich-#.

dont take that all too serious but think about it! i also see that obama gives answers that sound good, nearly perfect sometimes. a politician, too good to be true ... i dont trust him either - even though ... i was considering it :-P

so what do you think ... shall we call him 'The Fuhrer of the 4th Reich'?

an european

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
ZOMG It is change! We're talking some real change here people!

Instead of trashing all of his campaign promises without disclosure like a regular politician, Obama is actually coming out and telling us he's going to do it!
Long live Osama! ... er.. I mean Obama!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Who didn't sense that this development would occur?

Will require scaling back on his campaign promises = taxation

Personal sacrifice from all Americans = enslavery/poverty

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
For petes sake did anyone read the article? He doesn't mention healthcare or anything else fiscally. He mentions closing Guatamano Bay and how that may take longer than expected. He also mentions that he will move faster on the middle east.

One promise he is going back on is raising taxes although that is not mentioned in the article.

Everything lese the Obama Bashers are just making up. Read the article in the OP before replying.

This site is suppose to deny ignorance but it only seems to keep spreading it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My biggest nag with the GOVERNMENT ON THE WHOLE not really O-boy is the bail outs for companies that are literally pissing the money given to them for emergency purposes away on vacations and fun and basically lavishly living while our unemployment rate is skyrocketing,food prices are going up,so many businesses are closing down locations or going out of business straight away that the american lower class is really taking the beating that the upper class is easily dodging and comfortably living. What happened to the concepts of equal opportunity to get a higher education...Its becoming impossible to get my education done because rent is going up,jobs are scaling back hours or getting rid of unessential employees,and school is getting to be a cost neither I nor my wife can afford even for just one of us let alone two...How are we suppose to break through our "class" (that being lower class) if the means to do so are beyond our reach and purposefully so? THATS what Obama needs to chew on for a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join