It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul ~ Inventing a new saviour

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

But he promoted his pagan beliefs and indoctrinated them into Christianity - HIS religion.

ROFL !!!

Ridiculous! Paul was a devout practicing Jew!

Know your history, it was the roman church and THEIR pagan religion that required under penalty of death to worship a man as god. Before Jesus it was Caesar.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suckatash

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yes paul did indeed i think ruin what was needed to be taught.... he turned everything into idol worship.... worship jesus... worship the chruch...

he ruined it

I remember thinking it... sensing it. I was very glad to see that my gut instincts could be trusted.
There is only ONE G.d and He is not Jesus; nor is Jesus meant to be the light to the world and he was NEVER meant to be the messiah to the world. The light to the world happens to be the Jewish people (which I can also show through Scripture).

LOL, I liked this comment until the second to last word. Let go my friend, let go of the yoke in your mind. God has come for us all, there is only one people and it is the human being. Check yourself fool.

G.d has NOT come for all of us. G.d is with, in, and all around all of us. The Jewish people were the ones that Jesus came to enlighten. It was *to them* that Jesus said "ye are the light of the world" to... not the gentiles.

Let me explain why this is. First, how many people here believe that there was really a man named Moses who stood on a mountain and received a tablet of stone written by the finger of G.d?
Because seriously, if you do, it goes to show you that the Jewish people NEEDED to be the light of the world. It was their Scripture, after all, that everyone was taking from, so wouldn't it stand to reason that one would need to understand the mindset of the stories given?

The Scribes were the ones responsible for writing the first 5 books of MOses. Not Moses. There was no Moses as the Bible has laid out. It was a story. It was an understanding that they, as a people, wanted to recognize their rationality as opposed to continuing to act like animals.

The mystery of the Sphinx is really no great mystery. It is an acknowledgement of man acting like a beast. But man is NOT a beast. We don't HAVE TO act off of our desires alone. We have the ability to decide and make good choices over bad.

Jesus is not Life. He merely understood how to take this seperation to an even deeper level. The Jewish people understood the difference between man and beast and now they were being shown the difference between spirit and flesh.

Worshiping a man as G.d is a step back in the wrong direction because the Scriptures were taken to the gentiles before this enlightenment had really taken hold of the people who were first enlightened of the seperation between man and beast. The gentiles were not the light of the world. They NEEDED the light of the world to be enlightened. BUt since this was not able to happen... well, look around you. Kind of dark in this little part of the universe right now, no?

I am not saying the Jewish people were or are to be worshiped. I am saying they were the ones to whom the light was given to light up the world.

G.d is Life and Life is obviously no respector of persons. The Life was just understood by a certain group and explained by that group... but their explanations have gone from stories with deep understanding to being misconstrued as reality.

NOt all is physical.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

This:

Consider this:

Faith is used 2 times from Gen - Malachi
Believe - 17

Knowledge - 120 times
Understanding - 136 times
Wisdom - 181
search - 128

Faith is used 245 times from Mat - Rev
believe - 124

knowledge - 42
understanding - 24
wisdom - 53
search - 3

See a trend here?

was brilliant!!

Confuse the issue and in fact, make several different gods while we're at it. As long as the people are fighting, the ones with the $$ and the true knowledge can continue to assert control and take advantage.

One G.d and one people who express their love for G.d by recognizing themselves in each other is far too dangerous of a concept for the little people of the world to get a hold of.

Because all the little people of the world are followers...lemmings.

reply to post by badmedia

It's a difference of knowing 1+1=2, and understanding 1+1=2. You can memorize 1+1=2 and be "right" all day long, but you still do not actually understand why, how or so on. And because of this, you are just as easy to accept 1+2=5 as the same kind of truth, thinking well they said 1+1=2, so they must be right here as well. Where as the person who understands why and how 1+1=2 will quickly be able to say - hey, thats not right. These days, memory is all that's feed in schools, not understanding.

This is my understanding also!

I will add to this equation: the more one grows spiritually the more 1+1 does not equal 2, by Godly design. The reason why someone who follows religion will never get this down.

Spirituality requires using our senses. Our spiritual senses. So when there is conflict with the Bible as is being discovered, the religious will hang onto their beliefs with their very life, not knowing that they are being duped, and hence, will miss the mark (spiritually speaking), because maintaining one's beliefs is far more important than actual truth. Even if...they are proven to be wrong!

But their eyes cannot see, nor their heart. The BOOK and the formalized beliefs become the God.

And wanted to add in my .02 about needing a Bible. People worship the bible too, ya know. It wasn't until I let mine go that I was brought back to the words in it. When I was, the understanding of what was written had a whole new meaning.

Ditto! I have my story a bit on my Judas and Paul thread. When I let go of religion and the Bible with it, I was amazed what came with it.

Miriam calls it; connection or interference with the devil. Of course she was taught that, as I was. It is part of the divine Game going on. How many would be deceived? How many would stand up and say, "This no longer FEELS right! I will search for what does."

The Bible is a miracle, just not the one that Miriam and I were taught.

reply to post by badmedia

So, if you believe me or accept me as an authority, then you will in turn make me no better than those who accept the other people as authority. I'm not trying to be your authority, I am trying to show you how to be your own authority.

To accept that I, or anyone else has been inspired by god = bad. To see for yourself and be inspired by god's word for yourself = good. I am just saying that it is truly possible to have, and you should settle for nothing less.

This is why Jesus tells the disciples not to make leaders of themselves and such(except for Paul apparently).

It would be by this very thing that would separate the masses. Who will be spiritual or who will be religious. The Bible was set up to accommodate both! That is the divine mystery behind the sacred secrets of the Bible.

From Miriam:
you have nothing to prove that its the holy spirit talking to you. like i said earlier in this post, what makes your claim anymore valid than those of the apostles?

In response to Miriam: So we don't have any proof of God? This is what the atheists say! How do YOU have proof of the existence of God? I KNOW God speaks to me and through me, because of what I am told makes absolute sense. It all has a ring of truth to it. Satan is a God of potential of which never potentiates. Jah is the God of reason.

Nothing, and that is the point. You just said it yourself, what makes their claims more valid than mine? Because the world gave it to you as such? And yet, Jesus does not give as the world does. For this reason, you must see for yourself. Sure, take in the other experience and understand it, but you still need your own experience - everyone should have their own vision

Yes, otherwise they cannot be said to have a personal relationship with God, which is very individual.

Was curious how you viewed Satan. I think just like christ is the essence of our discovery, satan is the essence of what keeps us from seeing the truth.

My thoughts:

Satan is on Gods team and offers the counterpoint to God and is used to influence man to give man a choice. Man's adversary, not Gods. But actually, can work for man once man discovers truth, and can can actually help man move quicker into reality by posing the opposite.

Thanks, that's it for now!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Maybe you need to read Galations

It was Peter who was trying to promote his own beliefs .......which was why PAUL had to set him straight ...If anything I would say Peter came closer to being a false prophet than Paul was ...(Even though I do not believe either of them were ..they were all just babies in the Lord and learning as they went just like we all are ) ..................

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before [them] all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Gal 2:15 We [who are] Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, [is] therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Oh, please don't apologize to me! I am so glad that you are adding your 2 cents at all! Seems to me we have another person who undestands the Reality as opposed to the "reality."

You know... I did a search of the matrix (yes, the word is in the beginning of the Hebrew Scriptures) and was astounded at what I found.

It is found in: Ex 13: 12; 13: 15; 34: 19; Num 3: 12; Num 18: 15. The fact that these are stories depicting a deeper truth, I went and looked up the Hebrew word from which matrix was derived.

It is derived from the *masculine* (yup) noun Rechem which is womb (womb-man). Here is where it got REALLY interesting. The verb for this word is Racham which is love, love deeply, have mercy, be compassionate, have tender affection, have compassion a) (Qal) to love b) (Piel) 1) to have compassion, be compassionate a) of G.d, man.

The words in which are used to depict racham are mercy, compassion, pity, love, and merciful all of which are found (being translated from that word racham which is the verb form of the masculine noun rechem (meaning womb
) scattered throughout the Hebrew Scriptures and not the NT.

The understanding of Jesus' message is hidden within the Hebrew Scriptures. Funny how the matrix is regarded as a new concept because people are so wrapped up in our world of imagery.

It was always a concept hidden behind the imagery of the Hebrew Scriptures. So to the person who called me a fool... Is the fool the one who can *see* or is it the person who is blinded to only seeing what they want to see?

I stand my ground that the Jewish people were meant to be the light of the world and in fact.... through their Scriptures, to those who care to see, they still are.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Could you read Romans again with this in mind:

1. Old Covenant is given to fallen man.
2. Old Covenant is written on Stone Tablets.
3. Old Covenant was practiced outwardly, but did nothing to transform his fallen nature. Man could have an outward appearance of being obedient to the law, but his heart was still full of lies, murder, wrath, pride, vengeance, deceit, idolatry, adultery etc.

4. New Covenant is given to the reborn Spirit in man.
5. New Covenant is written on in the heart by the Spirit.
6. New Covenant is the rebirth of our Spirit and an inward renewal through being One with Christ and God.

Believers have a two fold nature and either live according to the flesh, or to the spirit, but cannot do both at the same time. By living for one, you are automatically denying the other. The natural man is under the law. The Spirit is not under the law because it is the fulfillment of the law.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

3. Old Covenant was practiced outwardly, but did nothing to transform his fallen nature. Man could have an outward appearance of being obedient to the law, but his heart was still full of lies, murder, wrath, pride, vengeance, deceit, idolatry, adultery etc.

6. New Covenant is the rebirth of our Spirit and an inward renewal through being One with Christ and God.

Believers have a two fold nature and either live according to the flesh, or to the spirit, but cannot do both at the same time. By living for one, you are automatically denying the other. The natural man is under the law. The Spirit is not under the law because it is the fulfillment of the law.

Excellent Post and is exactly what these ancient text say.
Too much is taken out of context and in doing so is Meaningless.

The whole picture has to be seen....

As the Complete picture appears, so does The All, also.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

YOu would, unfortunately have to read through this whole thread to somewhat get a view as to what I believe the Law of G.d is.

Let me put it this way...

The story of Moses standing on the mount watching G.d etch HIs Law into the stone tablets is merely a depiction of ... drum roll please..

Our understanding that we are not animals and are meant for something more. OUr hearts are the stones that G.d is etching HIs Laws onto with His finger (Spirit).

Of course, then you have the children of Israel still at the base of that mountain worship idols and rejecting what you say regarding the Law of G.d.

The story is in essence still playing out. So, you say I am not under the Law and I say you are misunderstanding the Law of G.d. The fulfillment of the Law comes individually.... Jesus could only fulfill the Law of G.d himself. He could NOT do it for you or for anyone else.

He points the way when he says ... carefully worded mind you... " *I* am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by *me.*" It is in ourselves that we find the tablet of stone and it is the spirit of G.d who sheds light on the Law that is written on that stone (heart).. When one understand this, they will understand the idolotry in christianity, or within any religion for that matter is a step in the wrong direction.

You are only not under that Law when you choose to woship a man or anything else in the heavens and earth as G.d. YOU objectify G.d and you fail to understand the Law of G.d. IT is not rules when illuminated by the Spirit. It is not death when you can see it as life. And when this comes into your view, you realize that you... ONLY you.. could carry out the fulfillment of this Law.

If you believe Jesus fulfilled the Law for you, you have been deceived. If you believe Paul when he said you are not under the law, you aren't... but that is not a good thing. It is deception that has been carried to people who did not understand the Hebrew Scriptures. If you don't know what you are being enlightened to, how can you TRULY be enlightened?

IF you don't know what you are being saved from how can you understand salvation? Jesus is not G.d. Jesus did not fulfill the Law for you. IF one is to fulfill a Law, then they have to fulfill it within the context of that Law. To believe in human sacrifice could actually be used to fulfill the Law of G.d is to show your ignorance of the Law of G.d.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The story of Moses standing on the mount watching G.d etch HIs Law into the stone tablets is merely a depiction of ... drum roll please..

Our understanding that we are not animals and are meant for something more. OUr hearts are the stones that G.d is etching HIs Laws onto with His finger (Spirit).

Of course, then you have the children of Israel still at the base of that mountain worship idols and rejecting what you say regarding the Law of G.d.

Are you now redirecting upholding the 603 laws of the Mosaic covenant and restricting the laws that are to be followed by gentiles to the 10 sayings, which the Noahide laws and covenant are in agreement with?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Are you now redirecting upholding the 603 laws of the Mosaic covenant and restricting the laws that are to be followed by gentiles to the 10 sayings, which the Noahide laws and covenant are in agreement with?

L.I.B. ... come on now. I have been very clear as to how I view the Laws written in the Torah.

The Noahide Laws are the Universal Laws of man that are nothing more than common sense to recognize our rationality as opposed to the laws of beasts which is instinctual. Common Sense... If you see them as laws to be obeyed in written form you do well. When you understand them as common sense and beautiful, they become part of you.

The 10 commandments is the outline for the Law of the covenent for the Jewish people. It was a way to seperated themselves to become holy both inside and out.

The Law of G.d is understanding the Law of Man as opposed to the Law of the beasts. The Laws of the covenent are simply the Jewish expression of what they understood. There are others who express differently.

But the Law of G.d originally was identified by the Jewish people (BEFORE JESUS!) 1. Love the Lord your G.d with all your heart soul and mind 2.) Love your neighbor as yourself.

Conventional Christianity based on the teachings of Paul denies the Law of G.d by teaching others to worship a man. And you cannot fulfill the 2nd when you don't understand the 1st. And when you understand the fullness of these 2 laws, then you understand why Jesus' death was truly a fulfillment of the Law and why he could not fulfill that for anyone.

YOu see the physical laws that were laid out by the Jewish people and they ony scare you because you don't understand the spirit behind the Laws. YOu see the words, but you don't see the understanding.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

[YOu see the words, but you don't see the understanding.]

That is exactly what you are doing with Pauls letters ...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Excellent post John .........very well put

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

YOu see the physical laws that were laid out by the Jewish people and they ony scare you because you don't understand the spirit behind the Laws. YOu see the words, but you don't see the understanding.

Careful, you are assuming much.

No need to go on the attack.

As for you being very clear... well, let's just say that you have been saying that all those mosaic covenant laws must be followed by gentiles too. When, by the doing so is in conflict with what any Jewish rabbi will say.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Careful, you are assuming much.

No need to go on the attack.

As for you being very clear... well, let's just say that you have been saying that all those mosaic covenant laws must be followed by gentiles too. When, by the doing so is in conflict with what any Jewish rabbi will say.

*teasing*

No, I do not assume about L.I.B. I *know* you... meaning I recognize you. If that makes sense.

*you* is meant as a general term and usually I am good about clarifying it, but please forgive my mistake when I don't clarify.

Hmmm.... I have not stated that gentiles should follow the Laws of the old covenent. In fact, I have stated quite the opposite. And reallly, technically, I can't follow them all... neither are the Jewish able to follow them all.

If one thinks that those Laws are the same as The Law of G.d and that one must do it to win approval of G.d ... I would HIGHLY try to discourage them becasuse it shows they are not understanding G.d's Law.

Listen, I am a single mother. I need structure in my life and I need to raise my children in the understanding (wisdom) of G.d. I am also very passionate and have a need for that physical expression (which is solemn and wise... not flamboyant and weird) that binds me with those to whom I relate best.

That is MY reasoning for studying and converting to Judaism. I don't knock the muslims who have a grasp of the true knowledge of G.d and express it in their way and I don't knock the christians for expressing G.d in their way... so long as those who are expressing are expressing to G.D and not a man, rock, cross, blah blah...

I don't knock them anyway as long as they understand that what the hebrew Scriptures convey is a true knowledge of G.d and worshipping anything that has, is, or will be in the heavens and in the earth is anti that knowledge.

I can celebrate the spirit of Jesus (his message). But he is not G.d. I celebrate the spirit of anne Frank, but I don't worship her as G.d.

To worship Jesus as G.d and to teach others to do so is breaking the Law of G.d.

It really seems so simple a concept to grasp onto.

Here after a while, I will try to explain from the Jewish perspective the concept of animal sacrifices... why they were carried out the way they were and why they are now not carried out. It DOES have to do with the enlightment of Jesus, but his little to do with him being our sacrifice. I think understanding that went a long way in understanding much in the Tanakh and the role of Jesus and of course, the deception of "Paul".

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Real quick before I am off.. came back because something came to my mind that might shed more light on what I am saying.

The Hebrew translations for Heart in the Scriptures is

Lamed means: staff, control, author.
Bet means: house, family, inside

The word picture is : לב

(Lamed is the 2nd word picture that you see there and Bet is the 1st: remember that when reading hebrew, you are not reading left to right, you are reading right to left... which has even deeper meaning the more knowledge you gain)

So, basically, heart is The One who rules or is in command
of the body... the Hebrew fullness of that word, that is.

Who is the One who rules can be found in the Hebrew word Love.

אהב

the first word picture (actually you would see it as last) is Alef means: ox, strong, first

last is of course Bet, house

those two in that order minus the middle means Father, strength (leader) of the house.

The middle word picture is Hey; means: behold, revealed

When they hey is placed between Alef and Bet, the picture word that is created is quite extraorinary:

It tells us that the strength or the leader is revealed in the house or IOW's, Love in Hebrew is Father revealed in the heart.

Hmmm... Jesus came to fulfill the Law and when he was speaking in Hebrew to the Jewish people before him, it was clear he was not saying I *am* my father and it was clear what was meant by the words "I and my Father are one." This is why those who were under HIS teaching never believed that Jesus was G.d.

This is also why they had contention with the message of Paul and his taking it to the gentiles. They could not and they did not understand; which is evidenced across the land in churches and even on this thread.

Know the Scriptures from the perspective of the people in which they originated and there, you find Light for true enlightenment.

*whew* getting the Hebrew letters on here correctly was quite the task. Woud rather not have to do that again. hahaha

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So question... do you worship Jesus as G.d? Do you believe that he fulfilled the Law of G.d FOR you? Do you put your faith in his death and in his resurrection as your get out of the Law of G.d free ticket? Do you still look at the Law and only see Death?

If so, then you don't understand the deeper meanings of these things and you still hold on to a physical perspective.

When Old is no longer something you would call obsolete because you understand its purpose, New can finally start to take hold of you.

If you STILL see Death in the old, then you cannot see Life in the new. It is that simple really because when you see Life in the New covenent, you see that the Old covenent brought you to that Life.

In fact, I would dare to say that you are denying the very essence of Jesus when you believe the message of Paul.

The Old and the New ARE together the understanding of the Law of G.d in its entirety. If you can do what Jesus could not and discard any part of the Law, you have missed the whole of his enlightenment.

ARggghhh... I fear that I am speaking in riddles here.

"christ" CAN BE a fulfillment of the Law for you, but you have to actually fulfill it first.
Jesus can NOT be a fulfillment for you for he could only fulfill it for himself. He did so. You have not.

I have not. I have thus far only been enlightened. The fulfilling of the Law is Life, and since we are all still in the Valley of the shadow of Death, it has not been fulfilled in any of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

The idea that one can do this on their OWN is contrary to the Scripture and would only lead man further from God due to PRIDE and a false belief in the power of "self" to effect his own salvation. God chose us first, we did not choose him first. We all have a seed of eternity in us, but no one but Christ can raise that seed from it's lifleless state to become a regenerate Spirit in us. Far be it from God to leave it to man that man might boast of his success; becoming even more proud and errogant than he was before!! We cannot boast of anything. God would not have it otherwise. We place our faith in those virtues which contitute Christ: Humilty, Meekness, Patience, Forgiveness, Love for God and our fellow man.

If you don't know what you are being enlightened to, how can you TRULY be enlightened?

What we are being enlightened to is the Spirit of Love which is God because Love is the Christ of God, and wherever it comes, it comes as the Blessing and Happiness of every natural Life, as the Restorer of every lost Perfection, a Redeemer from all Evil, a Fulfiller of all Righteousness, and a Peace of God which passeth all Understanding, without which one cannot understand futility of all rites, rituals, and practices, or what it is like to live by the Spirit and be free from the Law.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Firstly, never did I say that we were doing it on our own. My pride and my identity rest in G.d. With out Him, I have and am nothing. It would be very funny to say that one could do it on our own since the breath of Life could not exist without Him.

I am not anti christ, but to focus on another man and worship that man as G.d is contrary to not only what the Hebrew Scriptures teach, but it is contradictory to the message of Jesus.

You can be enlightened BY Jesus' message, but only once you understand what it is your are being enlightened to.

However, anyone has the right to place their hope outside of G.d and onto an image. I am not trying to snag that right from you. I am just saying that it is not a message based on the Hebrew Scriptures. It came from elsewhere and I am just encouraging all to find out where the message of Paul came from.

The Hebrew Scriptures never condoned worshiping a man as G.d. Who did?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Ridiculous! Paul was a devout practicing Jew!

Actually, know your history! Some historians feel that he was not Jewish at all. It has not been proven that he was. I have done extensive research in this area. I can recommend some books for you to read?

It is crucial to Christianity (since he is the father of it) that this truth not succeed in penetrating the church. It will stumble many! However, I believe that through my spiritual insight given to me by God, that this is accurate information. But time will tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just for those watching and partaking in your thread, can you please tell us all when approximately, the Hebrew "Written language" came into existence and when the Hebrew "Verbal Language" came into existence....

Peace...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join