It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Every Time someone brings this up im going to bring this up.

reply to post by GamerGal

Please tell me in all your wisdom, with no highways, ports or even a friggn desert to smuggle goods across. How are you going to smuggle enough food for 1.5 million people through some tunnel day in and day out? Please elaborate.

And if you read the reuters article it clearly states that the lion was confiscated in Egypt so this argument holds no water.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Hey, I posted links supporting every thing I said. I posted links to video of things I said. Video of "dead' children waving at the camera. "dead" bodies climbing on to stretchers.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zapataman

The same way they smuggle in missiles, bombs, guns, and camera equipment. Also, the UN usually sends things to them, but Hamas grabs it and confiscates it and doesn't give it to the rest of the people so the "plight" of the people looks worse.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
If Hamas hid behind civilians and is why the civilians are dying, dont you think that Hamas would be hit too?

But apparently, he has not been hit has he. What does that mean.

You do realize that Hamas is a movement, a political movement, the "Islamic Resistance Movement," not an individual person, don't you?

In fact, even the US considers Hamas a terrorist organization. As does Japan, the EU, Canada and Jordan. Even the UK and Australia list the military arm of Hamas as a terrorist organization.

But hey, back them if you choose - it's still a free country

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by RFBurns

Please remember, Hamas terrorists are cowards toi the extreme.

They don't wear uniforms, so you really don't know who is a civilian and who are ununiformed terrorists.

Also, if you read the terrorist times, they will say all dead are civillians, as opposed to the truth.

Have civillians been hurt/killed, I am sure, that the required responce to their terrorism has hurt the civilians they hide behind.

It is truely sick how Hamas launch attacks and hide behind civillians when the counte attack comes.

Yes, it is the Hamas that are the sole ones who are responsible for any civilian deaths, on both sides.

I certianly dont give any hi five to the actions of Hamas. But isnt this the same line used for Al Queda bunch wearing civi clothing to hide in the midst of innocents? A little too convienient isnt it...two totally different scenarios but the same line to explain one side of the conflict?

I find that a bit tilted. But I dont ignore the facts on both sides of that conflict and their actions over the decades that have passed.

Im sure there are Israeli soldiers who wear civi clothing too, as does our own military personel. But no one will say they are wearing civi clothing to hide from the line of fire will they? No of course not. So why is it that only one side this happens to apply to because of being told this by a corrupt administration over an already proven false premise war and its reasons and use the same line to explain why Osama is still on the loose..cuz he wore civi clothing and blends in.

Na I think thats just the easy way to deny the truth that the other side is just as guilty for provoking the other into taking desperate measures just to get a meal or medicine and they have no choice but to take action as they did.

What if you and your home and family were surrounded, blocking you from going to the store for food and other supplies, and you call your relatives to bring you food and supplies but the blockade prevents that from reaching you. What will you do next? Sit and watch your family starve to death, or....???

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Here is a strange and, well, just wacky idea.

If the Hamas did not commit daily terrorist attacks by rocket/mortar and by suicide bomber (that being almost nil since the Palestinians were blocked access to Israel.

See, it is working.

When they decide to act like humans and live in peace, then that’s how they will be treated.

As long as they are daily attacking terrorists, they will be treated as such.

Also, let us not forget, if they had not been attacking civillians (hamas terrorists) then curbs and controls would not be necessary to stop their terrorism.

[edit on 12/27/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Religion is a mental disorder. If God really existed he would just let both sides wipe each other out. There are far too many other problems & regions that are salvageable to have to endure this day in day out soap opera. Personally I don't give a damn about either side, its just not worth the effort to care. Nothing, absolutely nothing will resolve this tension until religion is eradicated.

merry christmas

brill

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Tiresome... so tiresome that anyone can support this Israeli agression and disproportinate use of force. Does the world really have a use for these zionist Pieces of S***? I can't think of one.
Come to think of it, they are behind pretty much everything bad about the world - fiat currency, banking, debt and usuary and countless wars.

The world, I think, is beginning to grow very weary of their tired act. They should be very careful and learn to play nice with their neighbors lest they find themselves on the receiving end of real shelling and missiles, not some silly homemade rockets!

Edit to add: Like I said, the arab world is losing its patience.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by kozmo]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Why not truck it in from Egypt? there is a whole border with that country.

But wait... Egypt doesn't want to help Hamas and the Palestinians either? What's that? Why would that be?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Of course, which is my point. Why would the entire resistance risk their own yet fight for their own. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

And for crying out loud people, read the entire thread before making assumptions on a person's postion. I dont support Hamas, nor do I support the Israel actions.

If you read the whole thing, like the entire history of this whole mess over there, then perhaps you will get the whole story instead of bits and pieces and making assertions that have absolutely no merit.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 27-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Shouldn't it be LIYF then?

To equate the Holocaust with what has happened to Palestinians under Israeli occupation is doing a disservice to both sides. Millions were rounded up, worked to death and then slaughtered in the Holocaust. The Jewish population of Europe was decimated.

Say what you will of Israeli occupation, it is nowhere near the level of Nazi atrocities. I would even venture to say there are more Palestinians now that at the start of Israeli Occupation in 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza, I don't have the figures though to check.

Not much of a wiping out of a people if, after 50 years you haven't done wiped them out already. The Nazi's did the job in about 4 1/2 years and Israel still hasn't in 50? Your argument falls apart. Feel free to hurl epitaphs at me though..........

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by redhatty

Of course, which is my point. Why would the entire resistance risk their own yet fight for their own. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Cheers!!!!

Because they don't really care what happens to the civilians, they are fodder in the eyes of Hamas.

Hamas is only concerned with destroying Israel & they don't care who they take out in that effort, even their own

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Religion is a mental disorder.

Most intelligent post on this thread.

Here's another news flash. Both sides are at fault. Both are feeding the violence because the violence feeds them. Both gangs, er, governments use the boogymen on the other side as a distraction from their own corruption and ineptitude. And of course both sides lie about casualties, dead babies, etc. It's the battle of the #ing rug merchants.

After a lifetime of watching this show, I am ready to turn the dial and watch another channel. Perhaps President Cheney could give us a parting gift and just nuke the whole God damned region.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

And again, they have nukes according to some sources. So why not use them? If they want to wipe out all Arabs a nuke is a good way to do it. And people comparing it to the Holocaust, after one person denies it happened, are wrong. If the Jews were trying to do that there would be no Palestinians left after 50 years. And Redhatty, the reason Egypt doesn't help is because well, good question. Could it be... That a Palestinian doing well doesn't help the Pallywood agenda?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
There is more than enough blame on both sides to go around, imo. This is why it's a "bad idea" to mix politics and religion. I'm sort of surprised people are pointing fingers squarely at one side or the other. Each has made monumentally bad decisions over the years.

But regardless, if you are going fire missiles at a country, you better be prepared for the response. I do feel a lot of the aggression directed at Israel is simply to elicit a response, so they get sympathy from their allies. And at the cost of their own civilians... which I personally feel is abominable.

What a Great Post, I couldn't agree more with the whole of it, which is why I have quoted the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Because they don't really care what happens to the civilians, they are fodder in the eyes of Hamas.

Hamas is only concerned with destroying Israel & they don't care who they take out in that effort, even their own

And what is Israel's concern? They have such an arsenal that by comparison, their enemy has sticks and stones while Israel has US backed high tech weaponry...surely your not suggesting that big Israel is in that much of a threat to a starving society that happens to be surrounded and shoved right up the coast of the mediteranian sea?

What would you be doing if your back was against the wall?

And what would you be sayiing if the situation was reversed?

I think if some of you would simply look at the entire history of all this, it will become quite clear that Israel is not the innocent poor fella that they are thought to be.

Sure Palestine has done wrong. Point is, both have. And continue to do so. The history record shows that. So please read up on the historical record of all this and dont assume one is right and the other is wrong. The record speaks for itself. I just happen to be well aware of it and know it well.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Death toll still rising...

Palestinian medical sources say Gaza toll has reached 205. More soon...

www.alertnet.org...

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Enybody notice the Israeli terrorist organization tryed to blame Iran for supplying ammo.What about America suppying Israeli terrorists with everything they used on Gaza.They hit everything but Hamas they are pathetic peaple should not buy anything that comes from the Israeli terrorist organization.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

If they dont care about their own, why are we seeing news images showing Palestinians carrying the wounded and dead from the sites then? If they dont care, why not just leave them there instead?

This wouldnt happen to be that Bush Jr speech crap about how they dont care about life like we do is it?

Because it sure has that ring to it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

They do not use the nukes they have as this is not acceptable in the world we live in, how exactly would they nuke their neighbours without recieving some of the fall out? What reason, excuse could possibly be used for this kind of action?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join