It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Christians know that the wars with Israel are predestined. The War of Ezekiel 38-39 is an example. I'm not saying that this is Ezekiel 38, it's too early to know or say, but Christians are prepared for what is ahead, how the countries will align, who will fight against who, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

I certianly dont give any hi five to the actions of Hamas. But isnt this the same line used for Al Queda bunch wearing civi clothing to hide in the midst of innocents? A little too convienient isnt it...two totally different scenarios but the same line to explain one side of the conflict?
. No, it has proven to be the standard operating procedure of Hamas to not have uniforms in actual combat.

Im sure there are Israeli soldiers who wear civi clothing too, as does our own military personel. But no one will say they are wearing civi clothing to hide from the line of fire will they?

The only Israeli or U.S. Military personal that wouldn't be wearing military garb in a wartime situation would be Spec Ops behind enemy lines, where they would not be accorded the same protections of the Geneva Convention that a uniformed member of the Armed Forces would have. They know that not wearing the Uniform means they will be considered a Spy under the GC, not that wearing a uniform offers much protection under the GC in this part of the world, as it is not adhered to.

The average ground troop will always being wearing their uniform in both armies, the same can not be said about Hamas's troops. If you want to get technical, Hamas doesn't even have a defined chain of command structure, which opens up a whole other can of worms GC wise.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
And what is Israel's concern? They have such an arsenal that by comparison, their enemy has sticks and stones while Israel has US backed high tech weaponry...surely your not suggesting that big Israel is in that much of a threat to a starving society that happens to be surrounded and shoved right up the coast of the mediteranian sea?

Israel's concern is protecting it's civilians who never know from one moment to the next if where they are standing will be the next location of a mortar hit or suicide bombing. People in Israel live in fear every minute of every day.

Israel won the land known as the Gaza strip in the 9 day war, and gave it back - they pulled out all their settlers and told the Palestinians they could have it, just leave us alone.

But that wasn't enough, no. The Palestinians want Israel to provide them with food and medicine too - they can't seem to figure out how to grow their own food - or they are too busy planning the next attack to bother.

I have looked at the history of this - are you aware that Palestinian children, from the day they enter school are taught - right from the textbooks they use, that their only purpose in life is to destroy Israel?

Yeah, they want peace.

You are right, Israel has much more military power and could have, long ago, wiped all the Palestinians off the map, but they didn't. They could send random missiles and mortars into Gaza day and night, but they don't, they do strategic strikes.

Israel sends in food and supplies and still they get bombed.

The reality is, there is nothing that Israel can do that will ever be good enough. Unless they all just die, then the Palestinians would finally be satisfied.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Actually the Fallout would drift over Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran but I digress. The land and, more importantly, the water would still be unusable

I think her point is that if Israel was really intent on wiping out the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, that they are doing a horrible job of it. Looking at it in a sheer numbers / statistics way, they (Israel) haven't even made a dent in the Palestinian population.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

These are the same Israelis who had caused the greatest ecological disaster in the eastern med flooding billions of gallons of oil after bombing a civilian power station

Billions???? Now now, please provide documentation to back up that claim by a valid third party.

I thought Saddam's draining of the Salt marshes and lighting up of Kuwaiti oilfields would have been the top Ecological disasters.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Israel's concern is protecting it's civilians who never know from one moment to the next if where they are standing will be the next location of a mortar hit or suicide bombing. People in Israel live in fear every minute of every day.

If you have read the history, you will see that Palestine is concerned about protecting their civilians too.

Israel won the land known as the Gaza strip in the 9 day war, and gave it back - they pulled out all their settlers and told the Palestinians they could have it, just leave us alone.

Apparently, they changed their minds now didnt they. Why occupy a territory freely given to a people and then supress that people and surround them with blockades and occupation?!!

But that wasn't enough, no. The Palestinians want Israel to provide them with food and medicine too - they can't seem to figure out how to grow their own food - or they are too busy planning the next attack to bother.

The Palestinians only want their own soverign nation and also to be left alone, which if you did the history lesson, you will find that it was the PLO who tried to fight off attacks from Israel and was so overwhelmed that they had to flee to Lebanon and then the US had to step in and smack Israel's hand with a whip and say back off or we wont give you any more weapons and money to play solider boy with.

I have looked at the history of this - are you aware that Palestinian children, from the day they enter school are taught - right from the textbooks they use, that their only purpose in life is to destroy Israel?

Please, oh please provide proof of this!! I beg you to find this proof and clearly show us that Palestinian kids are taught this!!!

Yeah, they want peace.

As stated in the peace treaties signed, thats all they wanted was their own nation, and their own right to exsist and the right to a peacefull one.

You are right, Israel has much more military power and could have, long ago, wiped all the Palestinians off the map, but they didn't. They could send random missiles and mortars into Gaza day and night, but they don't, they do strategic strikes.

Is that another window dressing rosey peachy name to make it sound more appealing to the public...they do strategic strikes and not outright targeting of innocent civilians like we have just witnessed on international news coverage?

Israel sends in food and supplies and still they get bombed.

So they send food and supplies..but then blockade those supplies before they even get a chance to reach Gaza? OOOOk.

The reality is, there is nothing that Israel can do that will ever be good enough. Unless they all just die, then the Palestinians would finally be satisfied.

Actually there is, leave Palestine alone, get out of the territory that was given to the Palestines, let Palestine be its own soverign nation and simply leave them alone.

If Israel wants peace, then they have to be willing to follow through with that peace and stick to their agreements.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 27-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well i think it would depend on which way the wind was blowing! I don't think they are looking to wipe out the Palastinians, but to keep them in a subserviant position for all eternity. It is helpful to their miltary-industrial complex, which makes up much of their export industry.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You loons and kooks need to stop acting like every attack is the start of World War III. I'm at the point of thinking you all WANT World War III. Pathetic.

The fact is, we live in the post-Cold War, postmodern world. World War III can no longer be predicted. Its occurance is something that'll come out of nowhere, from a place least expected. It will happen, but its just a matter of when and where. If this were 1988, we could easily say Central Europe, the Korean Peninsula, or the Persian Gulf, and we'd be right. But even now Korea is looking less and less like a flashpoint.

Time magazine just called a simmering crisis in the Balkans as one of the most underreported stories of 2008. For all we know, Norm Koger may have been right when he called the Balkans as flashpoint for WWIII back in 1999.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You've got a point there. Israel has been the largest annual recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since 1976. They need to keep wacking the hornet's nest to make sure the hornets inside are good and riled up and willing to sting them. Get rid of the terrorist threat and suddenly all that aid we send Israel looks unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Man
There is just to much disagreement here on who is right and who is wrong.
Hang on I will go ask God what he thinks BRB...

Ok so I asked him and he say's "Thou shall not kill" He says he gave some guy "Moses" that message years ago. He wants to know if Mosses gave you the message or not? he said there should have been a list with ten rules on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would assume it blows to the East.

You argument doesn't hold water, Palestinians do not provide the labor for Israels arms production, nor does the West Bank or Gaza provide necessary raw materials for such production.

The Palestinians themselves are doing a fine job of being subservient, they can't seem stand on their own two feet for very long. I fully understand that Israel comes in and blows up the infrastructure every so often, but even in times of relative peace, the PA has done a horrible job of providing basic services to the average Palestinian.

You'd think that after 50 years both sides would be willing to let the other side alone and concentrate on taking care of their own peoples. They (Israel and the Palestinian Leaders) are both idiots as far as I am concerned for that.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Both the Israeli goverment AND Hamas kill inncoent people. BOTH are wrong. BOTH are to blame for this chaos, BOTH are to blame for the death of these innocent family people.

Why the hell would you choose a side? Why would you side with murderers? why do you think you have to choose which child killer you want to support? That is what confuses me. This is not a game, you don't have to choose a side.

But the side you can choose is the individuals, the many different innocent people on BOTH sides in the middle of all this. That's who I support.

Now this makes sense! There is no way that we have the right to choose who is right or wrong in this, it goes back so far that the only ones that really understand it is those involved. To all the Bible folks here I have this comment. See what became of the favoritism of Abraham, his children are still at war over a plot of land that was "promised" to old Abe by God. Gee, I would think the Celestial Supervisor could have seen this coming. It is time to see that book as one sides history, ONE SIDE. The world is a bigger place and I believe the Creator is far bigger than to play favorites with one bloodline. The whole thing stinks. I heard that Egypt has opened part of her border to allow emergency vehicles in, too bad they wouldn't do that for the food supplies. red

[edit on 27-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
double post, sorry

[edit on 12/27/2008 by redhead57]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have read so many prophecies recently that said that WWIII will begin soon! I have no idea if this could be it, but it is possible. Just waiting and watching!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Finally someone who gets it. Don't side with Hamas and Israeli government terrorists otherwise you will be thrown into the darkest dungeons of gitmo, by the United States of Hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I am not talking about Israel using Palastinians labor potential to make weapons. But that the very conflict between the sides has led to the growth of a massive security industry within Israel run by Israel...the evidence is all around of how advanced Israel is within this field and how much money it is making them.
www.jcpa.org...
www.scmagazineuk.com...
www.naomiklein.org...

Israel is able to export these technologies and experience as a direct result of learning and developing these stratiges and weapons during their suppression and fighting with the Palastinians.

Now if the occupation ended tommorow and peace was made between the sides, key businesses and individuals within Israel would over time lose alot of money from it's declining security and miltary sectors.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
205 killed as Israel strikes Gaza, Palestinian militants respond

GAZA, December 27 (RIA Novosti) - At least 205 people were killed and about 360 wounded Saturday by Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip, and one Israeli was killed and five injured when Palestinian militants fired rockets into southern Israel in response.

"There is complete chaos," said one resident, who was trying to find her daughter, a student. "No one can find anyone and the phone networks are not working."

"Moscow believes that large-scale military action against the Gaza Strip, which has already led to big losses and suffering for Palestinian civilians, should be stopped immediately," the Foreign Ministry said.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There are many people who feel that it is useless and futile for us to continue talking peace and non-violence — against a government whose only reply is savage attacks on an unarmed and defenceless people. And I think the time has come for us to consider, in the light of our experiences at this day at home, whether the methods which we have applied so far are adequate. -Nelson Mandela

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I believe I covered this in the early pages of this thread. Again people please review the earlier pages before declaring someone is supporting anything.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So, let me get this right.......

You are saying it is Israeli businessmen who are making the Hmas terrorits attack Israel eveyday with rockets and mortars???

You have got to be kidding me.

If you are saying that because of the Hamas terrorist daily attacks, Israel and israeli companies have been coming up with methods to stop the murdering terrist , Hamas, yes, it's true.

If you are saying that Israel should thank the Hamas terrorists for their daily attacks,

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join